The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

+30
TopHat24/7
theclawsgonnagetya
HumanWindmill
Il Gialloblu
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
trottb
BallchinianMuffwig
John Bloody Wayne
Fists of Fury
lovely_london
compelling and rich
Silver
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
Nico the gman
OasisBFC
ONETWOFOREVER
JabMachine
KO-KING
Steffan
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Bob
Valero's Conscience
Sir. badgerhands
Mind the windows Tino.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
d260005p
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? - Page 3 Empty Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by d260005p Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey fight fans. We have a great night on Saturday (apart from Kell Brook fighting a bum) with the Ward vs Froch fight..................I have been watching Froch in training and he is looking ferocious.
He has a granite chin and always has a scrap.

Who in your minds is the hardest boxer today in terms of who he fights, how he fights and how he takes his win/loss?

Mine would have to be between Froch and Katsidis.

If i were to ever get into a scrap with them at a bar i would literally s**t myself!

Cheers.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

I train 3 times a week in martial arts and have won medals in numerous tournaments.

Small world. One of my grand daughters has just taken up Origami, also.

Isn't that dangerous for pensioners?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

Not nearly so dangerous as taking the mick out of an old man who hasn't yet taken his first Horlicks of the day. Why, I feel as powerful as though I were 6ft.2ins., 14 stone, and the rootinest, tootinest, toughest kung fuer in cyberspace.

Wanna keyboard fight?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Not nearly so dangerous as taking the mick out of an old man who hasn't yet taken his first Horlicks of the day.

Why, I feel as powerful as though I were 6ft.2ins., 14 stone, and the rootinest, tootinest, toughest kung fuer in cyberspace.

Wanna keyboard fight?

Only if you remove your escape button. Also your insert and enter buttons. I'm a happily married man. Reckon someone pressed Num lock on Lovely London and now he's stuck with an Iron chastity belt? all this aggression has to come from somewhere.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

Nice one. Can't follow that, so you win.

This time.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Nice one. Can't follow that, so you win.

This time.

I donate this to Luton Town Football - as long as I don't have to attend our next match

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

This time.

I donate this to Luton Town Football - as long as I don't have to attend our next match

Why would you go see them? I'll wager they don't visit you when you're sick.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

This time.

Why would you go see them? I'll wager they don't visit you when you're sick.

I go because it always amuses me to see you play for the other team Wink

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:52 pm

lovely_london wrote:I assume none of you have been in a street fight or a pub brawl. The majority of fights end up in a clinch where the bigger and stronger man will win and throw the other guy to the ground where he then get kicked in the head.

You guys are acting as if both guys will stand there and say 'ok we will throw one punch each and whoever throws the hardest punch will win the fight'.

I would argue the opposite, that you are the one who has none or very little experience of street fighting.

As stated previously, I work a police district with one of the highest violent crime rates in the country. I've just woken up from a night shift, and at 3am I was fighting in a pub with the locals, which ended with one poor lad getting glassed. I'm back on again tonight, and expect another fight at one point. It's a rare week when I don't fight.
Most fights are over with a single punch or two, and one guy is either down or runs off. There is almost always an initial point of squaring up, puffing out the chest, and waving the arms, and shouting. This is the warning sign period, where you are realtively safe because they are not about to do anything. When the arms drop, the eyes break away, and the shouting stops, get ready. This is the danger period.
Any trained or experienced fighter can read these warning signs like a book, and knows when to expect a punch and when to pre-emptively strike somebody, especially a clumsy windmilled punch from a rat faced peasant.
Step back, counter punch, game over, is the result when I've pros against yobs.

Maybe they roll on the floors in London, but in the 300-400 fights I've been involved with they usually don't.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

Bob wrote:
lovely_london wrote:I assume none of you have been in a street fight or a pub brawl. The majority of fights end up in a clinch where the bigger and stronger man will win and throw the other guy to the ground where he then get kicked in the head.

You guys are acting as if both guys will stand there and say 'ok we will throw one punch each and whoever throws the hardest punch will win the fight'.

I would argue the opposite, that you are the one who has none or very little experience of street fighting.

As stated previously, I work a police district with one of the highest violent crime rates in the country. I've just woken up from a night shift, and at 3am I was fighting in a pub with the locals, which ended with one poor lad getting glassed. I'm back on again tonight, and expect another fight at one point. It's a rare week when I don't fight.
Most fights are over with a single punch or two, and one guy is either down or runs off. There is almost always an initial point of squaring up, puffing out the chest, and waving the arms, and shouting. This is the warning sign period, where you are realtively safe because they are not about to do anything. When the arms drop, the eyes break away, and the shouting stops, get ready. This is the danger period.
Any trained or experienced fighter can read these warning signs like a book, and knows when to expect a punch and when to pre-emptively strike somebody, especially a clumsy windmilled punch from a rat faced peasant.
Step back, counter punch, game over, is the result when I've pros against yobs.

Maybe they roll on the floors in London, but in the 300-400 fights I've been involved with they usually don't.

clap clap clap

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

It's usually drunk people or people who don't know who to fight who end up rolling about on the floor. Real fights with real fighters only take one punch.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3