The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board?

+8
polished_man
bogbrush
lydian
luciusmann
sportslover
amritia3ee
Simple_Analyst
invisiblecoolers
12 posters

Go down

Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board? Empty Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board?

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

Gosh, ever since 606 got closed i thought i am not gonna participate in any other forum, but decided to give v2 a try, and I was glad to meet some sensible posters back, but now the board is turning into an utter comic, poor Admins, they have invested a lot of money in getting a forum like this running, now if this state continue people gonna come to this forum just for sense of humor and not for any serious discussion.

Just have a look at some of the great topics posted recently

What makes Federer so great?

Interview with Roger Federer
PLease please please
2006 vs 2011 Which era/top 4 was better
Ladies and Gentlemen The Rafalitos and Rafalitas Are Bac
Most impressive 3 slams in a calender year

Atleast the below thread was a bit funny and less boring

Nadal's Response

Anyways thanks to 1 particular poster for taking v2 all to all time high ratings.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board? Empty Re: Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board?

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm

One more super topic was posted b4 I completed this article, there you go

Who is the best?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board? Empty Re: Alert - Is the 606v2 becoming a comic board?

Post by Simple_Analyst Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

It is to be honest. When you have gems like : "Blake is better than Nadal" , "Ljubicic is as good as Samprass" , Bagdhatis is better than Nadal on fast 2006 grass (this one still got me laughing) " and the other inflow of comedy from our Federers, it's truely comical site.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:It is to be honest. When you have gems like : "Blake is better than Nadal" , "Ljubicic is as good as Samprass" , Bagdhatis is better than Nadal on fast 2006 grass (this one still got me laughing) " and the other inflow of comedy from our Federers, it's truely comical site.
Unfortunately, even though some may find it hard to believe, all these claims above have actually been made. Astounding stuff.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:50 pm

And when I correctly pointed out Nadal has a better record than Blake, Sampras is better then Ljubicic and Nadal beat Baghdatis in 2006 fast grass they responded by calling me names in an attempt at humour.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

Sounds like the Federer fans have a bit of healthy competition which can only be good.

Its only a tennis forum and not the real world after all so lighten up Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:27 pm

If you call one rather vocal Nadal fan, two quieter Nadal fan and one rather vocal Federer hater 'healthy competition'. Just because you have 4 people and 2 shouting rather loudly, it doesn't make a riot. Smile

It does make for an interesting debate, although still rather one sided even then. I still remember the days during the French Open when anyone who stuck up for Federer were shot down immediately! It's rather the reverse now, but I'm not complaining! Yahoo

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:37 pm

luciusmann wrote:

It does make for an interesting debate, although still rather one sided even then.
Yes I agree it was very one-sided debate. Oh well, atleast Tenez was given a lesson at the end of the day.

I mean Federer himself has admitted that the competition is now harder than it has ever been for him. Nadal's 2004 Miami win also disproved Tenez's theory completely. After that all Tenez could come back with was weak insults and name-calling, and saying that Ljubicic is as good as Sampras. Another comical high-point was one Fed fan raving on about how Baghdatis would thrash Nadal if they met in 2006 on grass- oblivious of the fact that they had already met and Nadal won in straights. Comical stuff all round.

Last edited by amritia3ee on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:38 pm

To be fair I've never seen the tennis boards as busy and this is an off-season!!!

As long as its all in good humour, and cordial its good for "business", and I was worried this place was becoming a Federer shrine for a while - its healthy to have broad representation from fans...just need a few more Nole ones. How do we get socal back????
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

lydian wrote:To be fair I've never seen the tennis boards as busy and this is an off-season!!!

As long as its all in good humour, and cordial its good for "business", and I was worried this place was becoming a Federer shrine for a while - its healthy to have broad representation from fans...just need a few more Nole ones. How do we get socal back????

so in order for the forum to be active, you dont mind dead comic topic floating all round the board, why not reduce the spam control, and the board will be filled with millions of posts in a single day?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:52 pm

I voted the top 4 from 2006 was better not because I actually believe that they are better than the top 4 of 2011 but because I don't buy into this 'weak' era, 'strong' era non sense. I've tended to notice that the biggest fans of this weak/strong era theory are nearly always Nadal fans or Djokovic fans, which is highly convenient, as it only really undermines Federer (as he won many of his slams during the supposed 'weak' era), also rather convenient.

I agree lydian, the tennis boards are buzzing and I'm pleased to see more Nadal fans, even if they include SA, if only for comic effect. I think it's hard to get socal back after he was constantly taunted about the Fognini episode and I don't think he liked seeing the boards over run with Federer fans either.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:57 pm

Well the theory was started by Fed himself.. who said the current crop of players is stronger than ever.
This is the stronger/weaker era theory- not necessarily weak era theory.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:07 am

lydian wrote:To be fair I've never seen the tennis boards as busy and this is an off-season!!!

Come on, Nadals fans can be better represented than this. Anyone remember Debsonthe sofa? She was ok.

Socal was ok, he just got a bit drunk halfway through the year and he could have killed the Fognini incident with one post if he'd wanted.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:13 am

amritia3ee wrote:Well the theory was started by Fed himself.. who said the current crop of players is stronger than ever.
This is the stronger/weaker era theory- not necessarily weak era theory.

come on not here too, dont u get bored with same mix of bread everywhere?

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:25 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:Gosh, ever since 606 got closed i thought i am not gonna participate in any other forum, but decided to give v2 a try, and I was glad to meet some sensible posters back, but now the board is turning into an utter comic. Just have a look at some of the great topics posted recently

PLease please please

Are you jaughing? That was my most serious article ever Doh
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by SAHARA STALLION Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:46 am

In answer to the original question.....

No. It did that a while back. This particular period is just Federer fans blubbing because their daily Nadal-Bashing is now countered with Fed-Bashing.

Hilarious to see that a Djokovic fan had to flee in tears as well rather than take it, especially given as she has so much ammo to retaliate with this season.

SAHARA STALLION

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

Laugh Now everyone is blaming me for starting this 'weak era' debate too.
Of course they are ignoring the obvious fact that Tenez who wrote the first article on the matter trying to criticise debunk this era/year by claiming that the surface is slower and hence you can win with no talent. Hence Tenez really started the 'weak era' debate- just look at the title of his first article.
It's pretty clear that the article is just a clear dig at the likes of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray. What he is trying to say is that the only reason these 3 are doing well is because the courts are so slow that the fact that they have no talent but are very athletic hands them victory.

Of course most of 606v2 are Tenez fans who will instantly say I am disgraceful for pointing out that Ljubicic was number 3 while Tenez is God for pointing out the surface was slower which meant that players with no talent such as Nadal and Djokovic could win Grand Slams- hence in terms of talent (if no.1+2 have no talent) he is classifying 2011 as weak era.

Edit: Let's be honest after the Federer fans ruthlessly got rid of the other Nadal fans on 606v2 (I have spoken to many Nadal fans who left 606v2 and apparently everyday Tenez and his buddies were bashing and abusing Nadal to the point Nadal fans did not even want to go on the forum) this place has just been a Fed-fan-only forum with a few other fans only allowed if they agree with everything Tenez says. I wonder if any of you noticed his sarcastic dig at Nadal fan's in his article 'Welcome Back Rafalitos' which has now been locked.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

SAHARA STALLION wrote:In answer to the original question.....

No. It did that a while back. This particular period is just Federer fans blubbing because their daily Nadal-Bashing is now countered with Fed-Bashing.

Hilarious to see that a Djokovic fan had to flee in tears as well rather than take it, especially given as she has so much ammo to retaliate with this season.

That should be telling you that the objection is not about the tennis debates but about the trashing of the boards with spam polls.

As you say yourself, she has no "tennis" reason to leave.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

I think the board would benefit from Amritia not posting too excessively, having said that you can't blame Amritia for everything.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

I only made two polls- one to compare the Top 4's of 2006/2011 and prove Tenez's theory wrong and the other to vote for Federer's best shot. Nowhere in the latter poll/article did I bring in Nadal- infact I voted for forehand as 'best shot.'
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

Amrita, stop posting the same comments on multiple threads. If you feel a discussion is splitting, feel free to post your comment on one and then on the others direct users to the other thread.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:47 pm

This is what happens on boards when there's no current tennis action.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

I thought that too Eric.

The more 'inane' topics are discussed out of season and people will spend longer labouring the same point when there is nothing new to discuss. It is the same in any sport: whether it be off season in team sports, or between big events in sports like golf, boxing and tennis!

I'm sure once the Christmas period is over, the new season and build up to the Australian Open, will fire the debate again.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 22 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Enforcer wrote:I thought that too Eric.

The more 'inane' topics are discussed out of season and people will spend longer labouring the same point when there is nothing new to discuss. It is the same in any sport: whether it be off season in team sports, or between big events in sports like golf, boxing and tennis!

I'm sure once the Christmas period is over, the new season and build up to the Australian Open, will fire the debate again.

Indeed. I'm confident that at that point there'll be no more articles about Federers backhand, Nadals speed of play of Djokovic's MTOs.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 22 Dec 2011, 4:45 pm

I wouldn't go that far! But at least with plenty of other topics their is enough to keep everyone occupied.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down