The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martyn Williams MBE.

4 posters

Go down

Martyn Williams MBE. Empty Martyn Williams MBE.

Post by Looseheaded Sat 31 Dec 2011, 12:42 am

So Martyn will be recieving an honour for services to rugby. I for one think this is great news as he has been a fantastic player and person for years now and at his peak was arguably the best openside flanker in Europe. He's a hugely respected player, even with the greatest 7 of all time McCaw once stating Martyn was the greatest openside he'd played against (or something along those lines). Anyways, yes, Martyn, you've done us good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16354885

**Edit: Also just read that Paterson has been awarded as well, congratulations ot him on a well earned mark of recognition.**

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Martyn Williams MBE. Empty Re: Martyn Williams MBE.

Post by Cymroglan Sat 31 Dec 2011, 12:54 am

These awards put rugby on the map.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 31 Dec 2011, 1:07 am

Congratulations to both players. I won't forget Nugget's try against France that sealed the 2008 Grand Slam. I was in a pub with fans from all the 'Lions' countries. We were all happy for him, and cheering like mad.

If he doesn't get another cap, he should remember that try for the rest of his life.

Paterson - a tremendous servant for Scotland. As an Englishman I should curse him for the times he has put 'the boot' into us. Mr. Precision. Give away a penalty 40 yards from your posts, and it was 3 points to Mossy.

I hope both guys can keep involved in the game in some capacity when they do retire.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 31 Dec 2011, 1:17 am

Good for both men. Great players and class acts. Nice to see.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down