The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Paq May 2013

3 posters

Go down

Khan v Paq May 2013 Empty Khan v Paq May 2013

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Saw the interview and Khan appeared miffen at the suggestion that Paq may fight Peterson next. Obviously Khan wants that fight above all others. I get the impression that not all is well between Khan and Paq. The problem is therefore Roach seeing as he trains both guys.

But I believe Khan should leave Roach as Roach has done all he can and Khan needs a new tyrainer to get the best out of his considerable skills. This will pave the way for a fight happening and the money both will earn will be ridiculous.

Of course this will both winning and Floyd being out of the equation.

azania

Back to top Go down

Khan v Paq May 2013 Empty Re: Khan v Paq May 2013

Post by johnson2 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

Cant for the life of me see how Khan beats Manny. Look fragile everytime he is it, and while he might outbox him for a few rounds he will get caught at some point.

Agree though, Khan needs to leave Roach and develop with someone who understands defence better than Roach does.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

johnson2 wrote:Cant for the life of me see how Khan beats Manny. Look fragile everytime he is it, and while he might outbox him for a few rounds he will get caught at some point.

Agree though, Khan needs to leave Roach and develop with someone who understands defence better than Roach does.

I dont think he can and will beat Manny. But it would be an easy fight to sell and at least it would be fun to watch. But how much will Manny decline and Khan improve should he leave Roach.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

May 2013 why is this a date?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:May 2013 why is this a date?

For some reason big fights tens to happen in May, Sept and November. I cant see it happening next year as if Khan changes coaches, he will need at least 2 fights to get used to him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

Depends, I doubt Khan will be there lunging in, he has enough speed to keep it long range for most parts, but at the times where Pac has the majority of the control, there will be a few question marks around how well could Khan take hits from him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:31 pm

alma wrote:Bearing in mind what Pacquiao did to Hatton, one shudders to think what would happen if he connected on Khan's chin...

I doubt Khan will try and hurt Pac's hands with his chin as Hatton did.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

azania wrote:
alma wrote:Bearing in mind what Pacquiao did to Hatton, one shudders to think what would happen if he connected on Khan's chin...

My view also, depends on a fair few things, can Khan stick to a gameplan in which he fights off of his jab and keeps it long range and circles to his left correctly, I think he has a few of the tools to beat Pacqiaou and no offense to Manny but he is relatively one dimensional and won't end up fighting in the same manner that Peterson and Maidana did as he isn't really that type of crude fighter.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
azania wrote:

My view also, depends on a fair few things, can Khan stick to a gameplan in which he fights off of his jab and keeps it long range and circles to his left correctly, I think he has a few of the tools to beat Pacqiaou and no offense to Manny but he is relatively one dimensional and won't end up fighting in the same manner that Peterson and Maidana did as he isn't really that type of crude fighter.

That's why I reckon khan needs a new trainer. Someone to teach him how to establish a jab that it more than a range finder. He has the tools to be a fantastic fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

So do you think that an Emmanuel Steward type of trainer would allow him to utilise his skillset better?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down