The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barton threatens to quit.

+6
lorus59
sirfredperry
Duty281
Crimey
Kay Fabe
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Barton threatens to quit. Empty Barton threatens to quit.

Post by hampo17 Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 am

Joey Barton isn't impressed with the attitude of his in-game character in Football Manager 2012 - even threatening to quit the game because he was annoying himself so much.

Barton got a taste of his own medicine when he took control of QPR on the popular football management simulator but had to deal with an angry and brash footballer - himself.

The 29-year-old had to contend with his overly argumentative computer game counterpart, and it seems even he couldn't stand it.
After playing the game for a while, he tweeted: 'Just had my 1st argument with myself on FM 2012.

'Gonna have to quit, cos am doing my own head in.'

The controversial midfielder was also annoyed by the makers of the game, who he says got his measurements wrong.

He continued: 'FYI @footballmanager I am not born in Runcorn. I am not 5'9 (5'11) and I am not 11st (12st). If ur gonna do it properly...'

If all that wasn't enough, Barton then got into a Twitter fight with his perennial online antagonist, Piers Morgan.

After Morgan said of Barton's character on another well-known football game: '@Joey7Barton On my FIFA 12, your character dives, gets Gervinho sent off, then sticks his head where he shouldn't, gets sent off, and moans.'

However, Barton retorted: '@piersmorgan on mine......... oh sorry your not on mine! #fatkidatschoollastpickorgoalkeeper #fifa12'

Boys, boys...

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddball...#ixzz1ijoCunA7

Doh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barton threatens to quit. Empty Re: Barton threatens to quit.

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:56 am

Laugh

I love Joey Barton, proper character

Love his reply to Morgan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 am

He's somebody who I could find funny apart from the fact that he's a real thug, the things he did in the past were really disgusting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:38 am

I don't really like Joey Barton but what a great line to Piers Morgan Very Happy

Why don't they like each other?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:42 am

Barton quitting ? Good. Except he'll probably turn up on the BBC as "a character".

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 pm

What is he going to quit? Quit being a footballer or quit being a thug?

Last edited by lorus59 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

lorus59 wrote:What is he going to quit? Quit being a footballer or quit being as thug?

Quit football manager...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:25 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:He's somebody who I could find funny apart from the fact that he's a real thug, the things he did in the past were really disgusting.

A real thug? I think he's done things wrong in the past but he's been punished for his actions and has done a lot to clean up his act, his actions where on a par with what guys like Steven Gerrard and Greame le Saux have did in the past, what about that Samoan looking fella who lamped the crap out of the rugby player, the guy who was on Soccer AM today, was Barton really anymore of a thug and disgusting as that?

What about Ice Hockey, is every guy who attacks a fellow player disgusting and a thug?

Using words like disgusting and thug are a bit hyperbole and would be best suited to describing his vile brother who does deserve those kind of words

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:He's somebody who I could find funny apart from the fact that he's a real thug, the things he did in the past were really disgusting.

A real thug? I think he's done things wrong in the past but he's been punished for his actions and has done a lot to clean up his act, his actions where on a par with what guys like Steven Gerrard and Greame le Saux have did in the past, what about that Samoan looking fella who lamped the crap out of the rugby player, the guy who was on Soccer AM today, was Barton really anymore of a thug and disgusting as that?

What about Ice Hockey, is every guy who attacks a fellow player disgusting and a thug?

Using words like disgusting and thug are a bit hyperbole and would be best suited to describing his vile brother who does deserve those kind of words

Barton may well be a reformed character, but I won't believe it until he manages to go quite a few years without incident in his life, he has a track record that should have seen him serve quite a few years prison time before now, but that is as much to do with the utter joke CPS and prison system we now have in Britain as it is to do with how much of a thug Barton is.
How many people do you know that have not been sent to jail for a decent stretch who knocked a man down in the street then repeatedly punched and kicked him when he was down and all with the backing of his mates too?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:35 pm

How many people do you know that have not been sent to jail for a decent stretch who knocked a man down in the street then repeatedly punched and kicked him when he was down and all with the backing of his mates too?

You've just described Stevie G's nightclub 'incident'

Also, one of my favourite players to watch is Craig Bellamy, his role of honour makes Barton look like the Tea Boy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I also despised Barton with a passion in his earlier days but actually think he's done a great deal to reform his character and that has to be commended.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:49 pm

the-gaffer wrote:

Also, one of my favourite players to watch is Craig Bellamy, his role of honour makes Barton look like the Tea Boy

Really?
Stevie G repeatedly hit a prone man even when he was unconcious like Barton did, that's the first time I've heard that, I thought he simply hit the bloke once or twice and left him concious too.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm not 100% sure here but I think he's given up alcohol which if true and was a factor in his behaviour is very commendable, some of the things he's done in the past like stub a cigar out on a youth player was reprehensible but Ashley Cole shot a work experiance placement lad with an air rifle and Mario Balotelli threw darts from a window at a Man City youth player too, both equally reprehensible, but both are deemed in a more light hearted manor

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:

Really?
Stevie G repeatedly hit a prone man even when he was unconcious like Barton did, that's the first time I've heard that, I thought he simply hit the bloke once or twice and left him concious too.

Well if I recall correctly, Gerrard waited until his pal punched the guy first and then and I'll quote here "Steven Gerrard joined in the attack with a succession of well-aimed uppercut punches" after that Gerrard's pals continued kicking and punching him on the ground while the bar manager restrained his hero and tried to talk some sense into him to try and avoid being nicked

That guy had some serious damage done to his face, does that make that lesser of an offence if he didn't lose conciousness?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Assault is assault and the number of times you hit someone shouldn't come into it.
The fact is that anyone in the public eye should not be treated with more leniency than any other member of the public. They are supposed to be 'role models' and as such should be punished.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:57 pm

braveheart101 wrote:Assault is assault and the number of times you hit someone shouldn't come into it.
The fact is that anyone in the public eye should not be treated with more leniency than any other member of the public. They are supposed to be 'role models' and as such should be punished.
That first line is a joke right?
A slap across the face is assault (technically), so is 1 punch, repeatedly punching and kicking someone until they are a bloody mess is also assault, I know which of those three assaults I'd never wish to encounter, not that I like being slapped or punched either.
Once you continue hitting someone who is on the ground or unconscious you step over the boundary of common assault and move on to ABH and a prison term, anyone who has been convicted of this more than once should automatically get a sentence of upto 5 years, sadly most get the minimum 6 months inside.
It does matter who committed the act too, anyone who is a 'role model' should automatically get a longer sentence as a deterrent to others.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 pm

What about your responce to me RR?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:37 pm

There's also the Dabo incident? His face was pretty messed up afterwards.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Macclads wrote:I also despised Barton with a passion in his earlier days but actually think he's done a great deal to reform his character and that has to be commended.

agree thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:There's also the Dabo incident? His face was pretty messed up afterwards.

You've no idea what happened between them in training though do you? Dabo looked pretty intimidating when he was on the pitch, if I knew they where going to fight my money would have been on Dabo, players have fights with each other all the time, John Hartson kicked Berkovic on the face in training and Craig Bellamy weighed John Arne Riise right in with a golf club in a 'team bonding day'

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Balotelli has a training pitch once a week with a different player, seems to be a warm up ritual he goes through the regularity of it.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

the-gaffer wrote:What about your responce to me RR?
Where did you get your quote from about Stevie G, as even the prosecuting counsel decided that having reviewed all evidence the charge of assault should be dropped, leaving only charges of affray?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm

The quotes where from the prosections evidence, they did drop the charge only after his pals plead guilty for him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm

the-gaffer wrote:The quotes where from the prosections evidence, they did drop the charge only after his pals plead guilty for him
The charges of assault were dropped against them all, they only faced charges of affray, so clearly the evidence wasn't up to much was it?

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
braveheart101 wrote:Assault is assault and the number of times you hit someone shouldn't come into it.
That first line is a joke right?
A slap across the face is assault (technically), so is 1 punch, repeatedly punching and kicking someone until they are a bloody mess is also assault, I know which of those three assaults I'd never wish to encounter, not that I like being slapped or punched either.
Once you continue hitting someone who is on the ground or unconscious you step over the boundary of common assault and move on to ABH and a prison term, anyone who has been convicted of this more than once should automatically get a sentence of upto 5 years, sadly most get the minimum 6 months inside.
It does matter who committed the act too, anyone who is a 'role model' should automatically get a longer sentence as a deterrent to others.
No I wasn't joking. Maybe I should have used punch instead of hit though.
I thought continually punching/kicking someone until they are a bloody mess would be considered ABH or GBH. I didn't think that wouldn't be the case unless they were unconscious.
I don't agree with 'role models' not being punished as severely but that is the case. Personally I agree that they should get a longer sentence but most escape any sort of punishment

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm

ABH compared to common assault is all about damage caused, technically assault becomes ABH as soon as any bones are displaced or broken or any cuts need medical treatment of more than just a plaster, though it doesn't always work that way in the real world.
I also agree that we see 'role models' getting away with far too much that we 'normal' citizens know we'd get severly punished for, especially when they should get more severe punishment than anyone else, just like coppers, MPs or judges.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:42 pm

ReallyReal wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:The quotes where from the prosections evidence, they did drop the charge only after his pals plead guilty for him
The charges of assault were dropped against them all, they only faced charges of affray, so clearly the evidence wasn't up to much was it?

Let's get real about this instead of acting like some pedantic wannabe lawyers trying to catch each other out on a technicality like the other thread decended into

The CPS clearly knew that taking Gerrard who was pleading not guilty to trial then they where going to take a hit or a miss regardless of how hard they worked and regardless of evidence, Steven Gerrard standing trial in Liverpool was always going to be prejudice one way or another, they knew that so gave him the deal to take out the possibility of losing them all, Gerrard was also a wise man to accept that kind of outcome, it doesn't change what happened though, you know it as well as I do and if you honestly believe you don't then you're lying to yourself

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Piers morgan = jumped up, untalented, sycophant! what a prat!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down