The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too.

4 posters

Go down

Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too. Empty Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too.

Post by beshocked Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

http://www.rugbydump.com/2012/01/2299/fight-night-in-france-agen-vs-biarritz-mass-brawl

Link of yet another punch up Biarritz have been involved in. Funniest bit is the Biarritz no 7 falling to the floor like a sack of spuds when not even hit.

Would you expect lengthy bans? Obviously this isn't the first time Biarritz have been involved in a high profile punch up. There was the recent incident when Harinorduquy's dad got involved in a on pitch brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebv8sAnvFKA

Biarritz are starting to get a reputation for play acting. See the above link - Biarritz vs Sarries. Play acting by Benoit August after stepping on Short's heel.

What do you all think?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too. Empty Re: Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too.

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

A shot to the throat can be rather painful. If he clipped his throat just right that could cause the right reaction. Looks like Short does catch him round the throat as well. He could have gotten into trouble for that.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too. Empty Re: Biarritz involved in a punch up again. More diving too.

Post by beshocked Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

Short had his heel stamped on. Of course the throat jab was wrong but it was a response.

Do you not think it looks overexaggerated? He was properly milking it.

I watched the game. Benoit August was up in no time after the game restarted looking as sprightly as ever.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

yeah Benoit August was definitely a bit milking that and was playing the ref - dont think anybody did deny that.

as for the brawl...dont want to be the devil advocate but dont see anything high profile in this one, in fact I saw similar things on saturday game between bayonne and bordeaux-begles (bayonne are probably worst that biarritz when it comes to nastyness). brawls are rather (unfortunately) common, usually finish when 2 players get yellow card and game move on.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

whocares wasn't it against Bayonne that Harinorduquy's dad got involved?

Didn't know that Bayonne have that reputation.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 09 Jan 2012, 3:05 pm

yes it was against bayonne - the mother of all the derbies down here Smile

bayonne has some history when it comes to brutality : remy martin till last year, Roumieu and the a SA lock Rob Linde now.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

beshocked wrote:Short had his heel stamped on. Of course the throat jab was wrong but it was a response.

Do you not think it looks overexaggerated? He was properly milking it.

I watched the game. Benoit August was up in no time after the game restarted looking as sprightly as ever.

Maybe, a jab onto the front of the neck (if you get on or just below the adams apple) is painful but does have a very dibilitating affect for a minute or two. Basically your adams apple is push across your trachea making it impossible to breathe. Happened to me once during a match and its quite a scary thing. Thing is once you get your breath back your generally fine. It takes very light contact for the above to happen, very heavy contact can do a lot of damage - think Rougerie suffered a nasty injury caused by something similar a few years back.

In relation to Biarrittz, these things do seem to be following them around at the moment but they are not even on the same planet as Bayonne. I'm not sure what they are like now but their reputation is for sheer brutality from the moment you arrive in the town. Have to see if I can dig up some articles but I think I remember Mick Galwey on about playing down there in the early 90's - don't think it was a good experience.

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down