The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade!

4 posters

Go down

Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade! Empty Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade!

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:14

Reportedly out for 3 months following groin op.

I guess this post could have gone in the International section as he would have been in the EPS squad probably.

Gutted for him Crying or Very sad

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade! Empty Re: Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade!

Post by EnglishReign Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:43

Poor lad and bad news for the Wasps faithful. Hope it's a speedy recovery.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade! Empty Re: Wasps injury curse continues - Now Christian Wade!

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:50

What a shame, great player, I think we were all hoping to see more of him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Tue Jan 10 2012, 22:24

He wasn't ready for EPS - he needs to learn to deal better with FH's looking to exploit his lack of height with an up-and-under. Promising nonetheless, and Wasps don't seem to be having much luck with injuries.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue Jan 10 2012, 22:52

DaveM wrote:He wasn't ready for EPS - he needs to learn to deal better with FH's looking to exploit his lack of height with an up-and-under. Promising nonetheless, and Wasps don't seem to be having much luck with injuries.

He got caught out unusually against Glaws but is actually pretty good under the high ball normally.

However you clearly don't rate him as he wasn't even in your Saxons squad for 2012.

I think many would disagree with you there.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jan 10 2012, 23:17

Look at shane williams, height is not a problem if you can score try's and he can score tries.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Tue Jan 10 2012, 23:33

I went for Steggman in the starting 15 (who has subsequently been found out by the high-ball and needs to work on it too). I've been quite impressed with Wade this season, but his lack of stature will be an issue his whole career - one that he may be good enough to overcome, but an issue nonetheless.

In terms of tackling he's held his own, but you can't change the fact he's really short and tall wingers have a huge advantage over him, one which I've seen exploited a couple of times this season. Maybe he can learn coping techniques, but he needs more work and I'd say his form had faded slightly pre-injury. In my view he's not ready for international rugby. I probably would have put him in the Saxons squad though.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down