The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan v Moseley @ 145 lbs

+7
KingMonkey
tunes666
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
OasisBFC
hampo17
Commander
11 posters

Go down

Amir Khan v Moseley @ 145 lbs Empty Amir Khan v Moseley @ 145 lbs

Post by Commander Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm

Apparently in the making.. what are your thoughts?

Commander

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan v Moseley @ 145 lbs Empty Re: Amir Khan v Moseley @ 145 lbs

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:14 pm

Wouldn't surprise me, easy to make with them both being involved with GBP, and it's a name, whether it's a shell of a fighter or not it puts a name on the record unforunately.

I would say though that Mosley will still be able to bang, everyone said he was past it when he fought PBF but remember that one shot he caught PBF with and nearly dropped him, eventually punching himself out in the next 30 seconds. If he lands a shot like that against Khan it'll be goodnight imo.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 28 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

hampo171 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me, easy to make with them both being involved with GBP, and it's a name, whether it's a shell of a fighter or not it puts a name on the record unforunately.

I would say though that Mosley will still be able to bang, everyone said he was past it when he fought PBF but remember that one shot he caught PBF with and nearly dropped him, eventually punching himself out in the next 30 seconds. If he lands a shot like that against Khan it'll be goodnight imo.

on what basis?
he's been caught with better punches like that from maidana who id consider a bigger puncher nowadays.
its no coincidence he hasnt been down since moving up a weight. he was horribly weight drained at lightweight and was caught off cold.

khans chin isnt an issue at all any more.

khan is busier than maweather, far too quick for him and will pick off mosley to a points victory while taking a few shots himself along the way.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 28 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Wouldn't surprise me, easy to make with them both being involved with GBP, and it's a name, whether it's a shell of a fighter or not it puts a name on the record unforunately.

on what basis?
he's been caught with better punches like that from maidana who id consider a bigger puncher nowadays.
its no coincidence he hasnt been down since moving up a weight. he was horribly weight drained at lightweight and was caught off cold.

khans chin isnt an issue at all any more.

khan is busier than maweather, far too quick for him and will pick off mosley to a points victory while taking a few shots himself along the way.

I would be shocked if he was competitive, i would say he doesn't deserve another big fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

OasisBFC wrote:khans chin isnt an issue at all any more.

Have to admit, I find this (very common) theory a little perplexing.

Khan showed considerable ring smarts, survival instincts and heart to survive that tenth round onslaught from Maidana when he was all over the place, but all over the place he was all the same. A more clinical finisher would almost certainly have had him out of there - luckily, Maidana's crude swinging gave Khan extra scope to recover.

True, there's no shame in being staggered by a banger such as Maidana, but even the light-punching Peterson had Khan back-peddling, conceding ground and covering up for long spells. Khan's chin isn't the porcelain one we thought it might be three or four years ago, but not an issue anymore? Can't agree there. I've seen too much which indicates that a puncher of any kind will have him in a world of trouble at some point again in the future to go along with that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:56 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

A more clinical finisher would almost certainly have had him out of there.

Another Reff may also have had him out of their as well, see as he was taking shots and falling all over the place with out response for about 30 seconds..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 29 Jan 2012, 1:34 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Have to admit, I find this (very common) theory a little perplexing.

Khan showed considerable ring smarts, survival instincts and heart to survive that tenth round onslaught from Maidana when he was all over the place, but all over the place he was all the same. A more clinical finisher would almost certainly have had him out of there - luckily, Maidana's crude swinging gave Khan extra scope to recover.

True, there's no shame in being staggered by a banger such as Maidana, but even the light-punching Peterson had Khan back-peddling, conceding ground and covering up for long spells. Khan's chin isn't the porcelain one we thought it might be three or four years ago, but not an issue anymore? Can't agree there. I've seen too much which indicates that a puncher of any kind will have him in a world of trouble at some point again in the future to go along with that.

its a good point.
however until we see him go down his chin is holding up fine.

he was covering up against peterson maybe because that is his defense, he doesnt slip punches very well. he is flawed, but he is very very good. and without the points deductions he'd have won and we could now be talking about him in a bigger fight than mosley.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 29 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

tunes666 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

A more clinical finisher would almost certainly have had him out of there.

Another Reff may also have had him out of their as well, see as he was taking shots and falling all over the place with out response for about 30 seconds..

very true, and it must have crossed the refs mind to stop it at one stage. however the ref made the right decision and the right man won on the night. it wasnt khan who was on his backside in that fight.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 29 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

Forget Khan's chin, that has nothing to do with this shambles of a fight should it happen. Moseley is done. He has been one of my favourite fighters but he is done now. To have Khan crow about beating Sugar Shane would be almost as galling as him beating the ghost of Barrera. No interest whatsoever.

Last edited by KingMonkey on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : horrific spelling)

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:20 pm

I would be very annoyed if this fight came off. He's gone there's nothing left. I'm not even sure if he can pull the trigger anymore. Didn't do it against Mora and didn't and Pac. Not fought in a while. At the very least it might not be for a title, but even so, it's poor if it comes off.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:29 pm

Please god no, far better fights could be made than this.

Would have to agree that if Mosley landed either of those right hands on Khan it would have been all over, he really could hit and hit far harder than Maidana but landing a shot like that now would be near on impossible.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:52 pm

Well they say to become a legend, you have to beat a legend and this would seem applicable to this fight. Sadly the public have been led to believe by the Sky hype machine that Amir Khan is a great boxer. They will tune in eagerly in anticipation of watching him beat a great like Mosely but will invariably be left disappointed when he predictably loses. Mosely is far to classy a fighter and much like the likes of Froch, Harrison and Haye discovered, its a whole new game when you step in with the big boys and all the hype conts for little.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:56 pm

Sorry but Mosley wouldn't stand a chance at this stage of his career.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

He is so shot, he gassed vs floyd, couldn't pull the trigger vs Mora and lost his pace vs Pac. I don't even think he can make 145, he has been fighting at 147 and 154 recently and his age wont help. Khan will outbox him from range and should be able to take Shane's rare attacks. So many fights for him and mosley isn't one of them

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down