The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend?

+2
Union Cane
WelshDevilRob
6 posters

Go down

Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend? Empty Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend?

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Cruiserweight Yoan Pablo Hernandez 25(13)-1(1)-0 vs Steve Cunningham 24(12)-3-0 - IBF cruiserweight title

The first fight back in October 2011 ended in the 6th with Hernandez claiming the belt via Technical Decision. The Fight was stopped due to a Hernandez cut caused by a headbutt, Cunningham down once in round one.

Judges scores at the time of the stoppage: Dave Parris 58-55 | judge: Pawel Kardyni 59-54 | judge: Howard John Foster 56-57. 2 in favour of Hernandez, 1 in favour of Cunningham.

Neither man has fought since, so we are getting a straight rematch. How do you see this one going?

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend? Empty Re: Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend?

Post by Union Cane Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm

I thought Cunningham was dominating the first fight, and should have taken the decision.

Having said that he was brutally put down in the first round, and given extra time to recover, if I remember correctly?

Hernandez must go for an early KO, as I believe Cunningham has the skills to take a wide points victory if it goes the distance.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend? Empty Re: Can Cunningham gain revenge this weekend?

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:16 pm

I think Cunningham will win this one

He knows he has got the tools to beat Hernandez and will be looking to avoid any knockdowns this time

USS by UD I reckon

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm

The Germany curse could come to Cunningham on this one. Yes, he has fought and won over there before and yes, Hernandez isn't technically German, but anything that is close is likely to go the way of Hernandez. Which is why I am going for a split decision in favour of Hernandez followed by a spirited debate on here on the complications of fighting in Germany!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Cunningham needs a KO you feel; the judging last time was beyond a joke!
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 pm

I've gone UD for Cunningham, these German decisions have become so high profile that you feel some will go the other way a la Martin Murray. Cunningham was robbed in that first one, we all saw it. It's a level playing field this time round in my opinion and Cunningham is the better boxer.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 pm

He could still get robbed though. He is the better boxer I agree

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down