The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team of Round 1

+26
dummy_half
Comfort
bluestonevedder
Biltong
GavinDragon
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
BigTrevsbigmac
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
aucklandlaurie
kiakahaaotearoa
GLove39
maestegmafia
wales606
thebluesmancometh
Ozzy3213
gnollbeast
slartibartfast
Mad for Chelsea
ME-109
Rory_Gallagher
IanBru
doctor_grey
RDW
gowales
ChequeredJersey
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Team of Round 1 Empty Team of Round 1

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Who was in your 15/22 of Round 1?

For me:

15- Kearney just edges out Halfpenny, with a solid all round game. Foden didn't actually get to do anything

14-Clerc looked sharp for his try and in general the 11s were better this weekend. Runner up: Bowe, despite having a poor game, comes second for still managing to score and set up a try
13- Davies- 2 tries, and a very good game in defence and attack. Fofana wasn't great but looked class for his try. Barritt defended well.
12- Rougerie despite France never hitting top gear, Rougerie looked imperious in defence and scored and was ever dangerous in attack. Dangerous player... He beats pretty much no-one as the 12s weren't fantastic really

11- North for his try, his power, his soft hands and just generally living up to the hype. Malzieu had a good game, as did Trimble

10- Priestland screwed up his goal kicks but was glorious in attack with his hands and his running and there were some nice kicks out of hand, and tackles too. Plus he ran his backs very well and made better decisions than Sexton. No real competition, Laidlaw looked exciting but hardly composed when he came on for Scotland.
9- Phillips I don't like him but he played his game well. Still not a great passer but he was allowed to get away with it. Just edged Murray, who had a good game I thought. Yachvilli was solid. Less said about the others, the better

1- Corbs- I don't know enough about scrummaging to judge but he had a good game to my limited eye and a good game in the loose. Lo Cicero was also good but like all the Italian forwards, underused.
2- Best- took his try well, operated in a solid Irish scrum and lineout and tackles like a flanker. Servat was also good.
3- Ross- as mentioned above the Irish set piece was solid and I saw him do a fair bit about the park.

4- Gray- Not his best game but he made yards and tackles and was hard to deal with. Botha had a good game, with carries and tackles, except he doesn't take the ball into contact very well.
5- Pape- Looked very comfortable in the line-out and got the better of Italy's strong pack there and looked solid around the park too. Hamilton was one of Scotland's better performers

6- Dusautoir- good captain, strong defender against a determined Italy. Ferris would have got it but blew it with that penalty. Jones also played well.
7- Tipuric- Really good half that he was in. Did as well (which is well) as Warburton in the breakdown, showed up SOB as not a 7, like Rennie, who was also good except his costly error, did to Robshaw. He was also rapid and got very involved. Cheated a bit but Barnes allowed it and that's his job. Warburton was good but got injured and faded at the end of the half. SOB was good in the loose but not at the breakdown. Ditto Robshaw, and Rennie screwed up an easy try. Bonnaire was good but Tipuric edges it.
8- So hard this one... Parisse, just. He was everywhere in a noble loss for Italy and showed skills worthy of a centre and a winger. World class. Denton had a stormer and was unlucky not to make it, Picamole was also awesome, but overshadowed by Sergio.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Team of Round 1 Empty Re: Team of Round 1

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Subs-
16- Lo Cicero
17- Servat
18- Hamilton
19- Denton
20- Murray
21- Laidlaw??
22- Malzieu

Coach- Warren Gatland
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm

I didn't see the France/Italy game but Parisse must have played pretty well for you to put him ahead of Denton.

Parisse always seems to get in these sides (mostly deservedly) but I thought Denton was a class act yesterday. I remember somebody on here saying to look out for him, I guess they were right Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Parisse just plays a more rounded game whilst never looking like anyone will get near him at the roles of number 8 at the same time. Denton was fantastic but Parisse managed, once again, to be Italy's best back as well as number 8
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I just think someone else deserves a chance sometimes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Hate to agree with SafeAs/Cyril but Denton was very good. He would have got my vote.

On another note, even as a Welshman Phillips is far too slow to get the ball out. Yes, he gets over the gain line but who wouldn't if you were 6'4" taking on your immediate opposition (scrum halves and fly halves 6 inches shorter than you). Apart from that I don't think he did very well. We needed quick ball but he didn't give it.

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Pretty much spot on team me thinks.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Griff wrote:Hate to agree with SafeAs/Cyril but Denton was very good. He would have got my vote.

On another note, even as a Welshman Phillips is far too slow to get the ball out. Yes, he gets over the gain line but who wouldn't if you were 6'4" taking on your immediate opposition (scrum halves and fly halves 6 inches shorter than you). Apart from that I don't think he did very well. We needed quick ball but he didn't give it.

Who would you give the 9 spot to though? Murray? He did well enough but it tends to be harder to stand out in a losing team. Youngs and Cuisiter cannot even be considered
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Has to be Denton - barnstorming match and MOTM!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 pm

I think Denton was the best I saw all weekend. Full stop.
Cripe, the lad was good.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Griff wrote:Hate to agree with SafeAs/Cyril but Denton was very good. He would have got my vote.

Who would you give the 9 spot to though? Murray? He did well enough but it tends to be harder to stand out in a losing team. Youngs and Cuisiter cannot even be considered

Yeah, that's a good point chequered! Hadn't considered the rest, just saw Mike Phillips' name and thought noooo! What about the French 9???

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Yachvili had a decent but underwhelming game I thought
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Though if he played the team above would be more likely to get some points from kicks!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm really pleased for Denton - as with all young players, you're never really sure how they'll make the step up to the international standard. Denton handled his first Six Nations start with aplomb, and the confidence that that will give him should make his club form all the better.

Other players that impressed me this weekend:
Barrett, Corbisiero, Botha, O'Brien, Best, Davies (Jon, not that donut!), North (as always), Halfpenny, Ghiraldini, Masi, Papé, Picamoles, and Rougerie
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 pm

I definitely don't think Parisse out-played Picamoles. Picamoles fairly shown him up for Malzieau's try.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:11 pm

er Ghiraldini was the best hooker this weekend and you put Ross ahead of either of the French or Italian props????? Ross was steady but er thats about it...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Whilst doing your role well is vital, scoring tries is too and Best worked around the park. I thought Parisse had a better game than Picamole but I respect your opinion. I confess to be badly placed to judge props at the scrum but I thought Ross was very good in the loose
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Well I thought Picamoles caused a lot more distress to the italian defence than Parisse did to France. Picamoles also made some massive hits and a few good turnovers. I thought he had an absolutely brilliant game, no idea why he was taken off for Hari. Parisse was still brilliant, but not as good IMO.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Corbisiero - scrummaged well, and some crucial turnovers
Best - hit his men at the line-out all day, scrum held up well, and added a try to the mix.
Castrogiovanni - got on top of the debutant Debaty and effective ball-carrier.
Botha - impressive debut, tackled hard, chased everything, and effective at slowing down Scottish ball.
Hamilton - for me out-performed Gray, some great runs, did the hard graft too, and should have stayed on longer.
Jones - looked back to his best, a welcome sight.
Dusautoir - the day this man stops tackling is the day the world ends.
Denton - Parisse was excellent, but let's give someone else a chance. This guy was so impressive.
Murray - best of a pretty ordinary bunch IMO. Outplayed Phillips despite generally poor ball, did the basics well.
Priestland - kicked poorly from the tee, but adds great composure to the Welsh backline. At the heart of a lot of Wales's best plays.
Malzieu - superb return to the French team. Are Andreu, Palisson and Huget really better players than this guy?!?!
Baritt - great defense, and a few good carries to put England on the front foot.
Davies - took his tries well, and effective in attack and defense throughout.
North - monster.
Kearney - so good under the high ball, and one of few Irishmen to really shine.

I'm aware I've picked a few guys not in their positions (Dusautoir, North on opposite wing, Baritt down as OC), but they're positions they've played before...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Fofana possibly shaded it over Davies and Barritt in terms of centre play, he was brilliant in the second half against Italy.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 pm

I thought Fofana had a pretty ordinary first half though (I agree he was very good in the second). Davies and Barritt were consistently good to very good throughout.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Best thing about the st is that there are few welsh - this is a good thing as it shows they are playing well as a team and not individuals.
2 ...
3 oh, er...
4 hmm
5 errr
6 ummm
7 oooo
8 errrmmm
9 well...
10 gosh, um
11 GEORGE NORTH
12 thingy
13 do dah
14 what's his face
15 my nan

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by gnollbeast Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm

It is frightening.

After a few years the novelty of Lomu was no more as Bigger, faster and stronger players eventually came and the game caught up, but this NORTH boy is absolutely ridiculous. He has it all. He will be taking goal kicks next.

gnollbeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 am

Have only seen the England game and first half of the Italy v France game (have the others to watch this week) but am a little surprised to see Mouritz Botha there. He did ok, but was nothing special.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 am

DOD wrote:er Ghiraldini was the best hooker this weekend and you put Ross ahead of either of the French or Italian props????? Ross was steady but er thats about it...

I agree Ghiraldini was very good, underrated player. Change that ChequeredJersey!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 am

Kearney - class act
Malzieu - back to his best
North - You know!
Davies - 2 tries and strong defencively, although noone gives Roberts credit for the space Davies gets!
Rougerie - Despite playing against a week Italy midfeild
Sexton - Did little wrong, just didn't have the platform, what he did was class
Yachvilli - Not his best but in comparison with the rest, thought Gori was ok
Denton - What a debut!
Dussatoir - Always at the centre of everything good in French rugby
Bonnaire - Worked hard against an aggressive Italian pack
Pape - Controlled lineout well
Davies - yellow aside he was a rock at front of lineout and carried well
Le Cicero - Excellent against the French front row
Best - a try and that lineout misile.
Corbisiero - lack of other options.

Best edged Ghiraldini for me, mainly because of the lineout stats.
Cicero showed his class, when he left the feild the Itlian pack scrummaged backwards.
Botha, Evans and Hamilton could all have beaten Davies, but his carries were awesome, and he took control of a scruffy lineout, his inevitble ban will cost wales.
Picamoles and Parrisse were good, but Dentons carrying and the try saver on Ashton? was excellent for a debutant.
No other real contenders at flank, the Irish were largely nulified, Jones, Strockosch and Zanni were all ok.
Yachvilli pips Cusiter, who stumbled a little ball in hand but his workrate was top class, catching Ashton, a try saver and massive amounts of pressure at the back of the scrum, largely outplayed Youngs. Phillips had too easier a ride, and was ok at best.
Preistlands abilities ball in hand are excellent, but missing in front of goal, giving Kearney simple ball numerous times in the first half, for his ability he was poor. Trin duc sat on the arm chair, and Hodgson was, well Hodgson.
Back 3 picked itself, 1/2p ok but not outstanding, Clerc was good, and thought Masi looked dangerous.
Roberts was largely used as a dummy, the Irish boys struggled, and Fafana was very poor first half, got better and showed a little class but the Italian backs are awfull. Max Evans looked dangerous, and I quite enjoyed him leaving Foden for dead

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 am

For all that Max Evans was dangerous, he butchered several Scottish attacks by backing himself and not passing and getting smashed in the tackle. I actually think he was pretty poor.

Fine, I'll put Ghiraldihini on the bench in place of Servat, and swap Parisse and Denton and Ross with Lo Cicero. Maybe Yachvili with Phillips, just so Priestland doesn't have to kick
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Dusatoir wasnt that effective

Ryan Jones at 6 - Easily Wales best forward on Sunday.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Healy
Best
Adam Jones
Gray
O'Connell
Ryan Jones
Warburton/Tuperic
Denton
Phillips
Priestland/Trinh-Duc
North
Fofana
Davies
Malzieu
Foden.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Denton was immense, hard to believe that was his first Scotland cap. It wasn't just his powerful runs that impressed me though, his defence was sharp. His try saving tackle on Strettle for instance was first class.
No it's way to early to be predicting his future, but from what I've seen of him at Edinburgh and on Saturday, could we have found a replacement for Beattie?

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Dan Parks for me at 10. Helped set up the only try of the match. Was easily England´s best player.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Being 10,000 miles away, I have to admit I hadnt really noticed Denton before but he definitely got my attention on Sunday morning,Is he a flanker or a number 8 ?... I dont know..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Dan Parks for me at 10. Helped set up the only try of the match. Was easily England´s best player.
Laugh Classic!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:54 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Being 10,000 miles away, I have to admit I hadnt really noticed Denton before but he definitely got my attention on Sunday morning,Is he a flanker or a number 8 ?... I dont know..
Plays 6 or 8 for club, mostly 8 last season, mostly 6 this, but his 2 Scotland caps have both been at 8. More if a barn-storming ball-carrier than a chopper, laurie OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Planet Rugby Team of the weekend wrote: With the dust beginning to settle after the first weekend of the 2012 Six Nations Championship, we dish out some praise to those who stood out.

Sunday's thriller in Dublin proved to be the pick of the games although, unfortunately, two crucial decisions from the match officials took some of the glimmer off the Welsh victory. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall as Sam Warburton and Bradley Davies discuss what constitutes a red card-worthy tip tackle?

France's clinical win over a dynamic-looking Italy side confirmed their status as tournament favourites. Having had very little preparation time, les Bleus started off slowly but got better and better until they were looking very smooth by the end of the 80 minutes in Paris.

We offer our condolences to those unfortunate enough to have witnessed the first 40 minutes at Murrayfield. Luckily the last 20 proved very exciting. England are clearly still a work in progress but can take heart from the fighting spirit on display.

Unsurprisingly then, most of our team is made of Welsh, Irish and Frenchmen.

Team of Round One:

15 Rob Kearney (Ireland) - Impeccable under the high ball, the Leinsterman converted his excellent Heineken Cup form onto the Test stage. Andrea Masi did well for Italy and Leigh Halfpenny deserves some kudos for holding his nerve to slot the winning three-pointer at Lansdowne Road.

14 George North (Wales) - Arguably the player of the weekend, the 19-years-old Scarlets monster once again showed his potential to become a star of the world game, scoring a try and creating another. A mention too for Tommy Bowe.

13 Jonathan Davies (Wales) - Another strong performance from Davies, who ran great angles all day and finished off two tries superbly. A mention must go to Aurélien Rougerie, who scored France's first try with a fine solo effort and was solid on defence.

12 Wesley Fofana (France) - A promising start to the Test career of one of France's brightest rising stars. The Clermont youngster was a real handful on attack. Likewise, Owen Farrell did well under difficult circumstances on his international debut.

11 Julien Malzieu (France) - The Man of the Match at the Stade de France, Malzieu's touch down goes straight to the top of the list of contenders for try of tournament. He beat five defenders to score probably the best try of 2012 so far. Brilliant!

10 Greig Laidlaw (Scotland) - If you think we're intentionally throwing a cat amongst the pigeons here, you're right. Laidlaw only played 20 minutes but the difference he made to the Scottish attack cannot go unnoticed by Andy Robinson. Did he score a try? The debate will go for while yet...

9 Mike Phillips (Wales) - The Official Man of the Match in Dublin, the Bayonne 9 was full of positive intentions and regularly attacked the gain line with success.

8 Louis Picamoles (France) - Scotland's stand-out performer David Denton is unlucky not to get the nod after a eye-catching display but Picamoles's ball carrying was second to none. The Toulouse charger's break to set up Malzieu's try was out of the top drawer.

7 Chris Robshaw (England) - Murrayfield witnessed a real war at the breakdown and England's captain was in the front lines. The image of Robshaw in a ripped shirt squaring off with Chris Cusiter spoke a thousand words. A mention too for Treviso loose forward Robert Barbieri, who continues to catch the eye.

6 Ryan Jones (Wales) - The former Wales skipper put on his best performance in a red jersey for many moons, running hard and providing leadership when Sam Warburton was forced off. Thierry Dusautoir was his usual devastating self on defence.

5 Jim Hamilton (Scotland) - One of Scotland's best ball carriers, Hamilton was also solid at line-out time. Paul O'Connell ruled in the air at the line-outs and restarts in the Irish capital.

4 Cornelius van Zyl (Italy) - The French line-out jumpers were given a tough time by their opposite numbers and Van Zyl was very active all around the park. Mentions too for Richie Gray and Donncha O'Callaghan.

3 Nicolas Mas (France) - Italy's much-vaunted scrum was never able to truly get on top as Mas and William Servat proved immovable in supporting Vincent Debaty.

2 Rory Best (Ireland) - Ireland's line-out functioned well and Best was rewarded for a solid display with his team's first try. Leonardo Ghiraldini was consistent for Italy.

1 Cian Healy (Ireland) - A hard-working performance from Ireland's loosehead, making nine tackles and carrying 10 times. Alex Corbisiero did well for England, securing a crucial turnover on his own tryline and impressing at scrum time.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Robshaw?!

Laidlaw only had about 20 minutes, he was good, but not better than Preistland, Sexton or Trinduc
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

didn't think Laidlaw was all that great TBH, some good stuff but a few headless chicken moments too. Other than that, decent team. Robshaw was pretty good I thought, considering the Welsh 7s only had a half each while Bonnaire was average for France seems a reasonable option.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:00 pm

wales606 wrote:Robshaw?!

Laidlaw only had about 20 minutes, he was good, but not better than Preistland, Sexton or Trinduc

I agree. Robshaw is a bizarre call he did bugger all...!! Certainly nothing compared with SOB, Dausitoir, Warburton, Barbieri, Rennie, or Tuperic.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:03 pm

SOB was poor, Dusautoir plays 6, Barbieri did OK, Rennie butchered a simple 3 on 1 chance, and Warburton and Tuperic only had a half each. Robshaw tackled hard, carried OK, worked hard at the breakdown to successfully slow down Scottish ball. No real stand out 7s this week I thought, Robshaw did as well as any IMO.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 pm

15 George North
14 George North
13 Jon Davies\ George North
12 George North
11 George North
10 George North
9 George North
8 George North
7 George North
6 George North
5 George North
4 George North
3 George North
2 George North
1 George North

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 pm

roddersm wrote:15 George North
14 George North
13 Jon Davies\ George North
12 George North
11 George North
10 George North
9 George North
8 George North
7 George North
6 George North
5 George North
4 George North
3 George North
2 George North
1 George North

Ha ha ha

Although to be harsh on him he didn't catch one line out ball...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:SOB was poor, Dusautoir plays 6, Barbieri did OK, Rennie butchered a simple 3 on 1 chance, and Warburton and Tuperic only had a half each. Robshaw tackled hard, carried OK, worked hard at the breakdown to successfully slow down Scottish ball. No real stand out 7s this week I thought, Robshaw did as well as any IMO.
Dausitoir plays openside, the French switch the numbers around to what the rest of us use. Tuperic and Warburton were both outstanding, SOB likewise carried and was a hell of a nuisance, Robshaw didnt look like an international, England need to find a decent backrow quickly if they want to do better.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

I agree. Robshaw is a bizarre call he did bugger all...!! Certainly nothing compared with SOB, Dausitoir, Warburton, Barbieri, Rennie, or Tuperic.

I guess Planet Rugby aren't as one eyed.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

roddersm wrote:15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 George North
13 Jon Davies
12 George North
11 George North
10 George North
9 George North
8 George North
7 George North
6 George North
5 George North
4 George North
3 George North
2 George North
1 George North

Fixed that for you

You need someone to kick goals and run support lines,

Im fairly sure have 15 George North's would be considered bad sportmanship by some.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:16 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

So you honestly think Robshaw was the best openside in the Six nations matches this weekend?

OK please do not accuse others of being one eye'd mate...!!!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:SOB was poor, Dusautoir plays 6, Barbieri did OK, Rennie butchered a simple 3 on 1 chance, and Warburton and Tuperic only had a half each. Robshaw tackled hard, carried OK, worked hard at the breakdown to successfully slow down Scottish ball. No real stand out 7s this week I thought, Robshaw did as well as any IMO.

Why was SOB poor? He made the most tackles on the pitch and was used primarily to cover our centres who couldn't tackle anything. He did his job very well. He also carried well and slowed down opposition ball. What more do you want from him? Also Dusautoir plays 6 but France play a left and right system, no such thing as a blindside and openside there.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 am

maestegmafia wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

So you honestly think Robshaw was the best openside in the Six nations matches this weekend?

Same choice for Sky Sports

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:51 am

Robshaw was comprehensively outplayed as an openside by Rennie - Robshaw led his team well, gave heart&soul to the cause, his team won against the odds, and Rennie blootered a clear-cut chance for Scotland - hence for those not in the know, Robshaw was the picks of the 7s at Murrayfield - oh dear

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Same choice for Sky Sports

Ha ha ha ha...!

Hilarious...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Robshaw was comprehensively outplayed as an openside by Rennie - Robshaw led his team well, gave heart&soul to the cause, his team won against the odds, and Rennie blootered a clear-cut chance for Scotland - hence for those not in the know, Robshaw was the picks of the 7s at Murrayfield - oh dear

Tennis was the better open side of the two at murrayfield

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next