The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19

+14
Fernando
ncfc_Tooze
cherriesfna
Nay
Afro
The Special Juan
FIFA Diva
Marky
ADMIN
Fan Gilhaus
TwisT
sodhat
footballcrazy
nick_fury
18 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19 - Page 10 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19

Post by nick_fury Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Furious Football Association

The FFA Noticeboard

Breaking News: Arsenal FC recruit Crimey as new manager, can this lift them from the depths of the League. More to follow...

Season 2 Gameweek 3 Results are up, please use link in the League Menu below

Voting
Nicks to Hero
Hero's to Viva
Vivas to Nick

Domestic Cup Tactics to be in by Wed 1st Feb, voting pages below:

Champions Cup Voting
Euro Cup Voting

Injuries will be drawn 2pm

FFA Leagues

Viva's Rainbow League______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Bayer 04 Leverkusen King Beer Fixtures Season 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
Everton F.C Marky Mark
Juventus CricketFan Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
A.S. Roma Viva
FC Schalke 04 TSC Table Season 2CupSemis
Valencia CF ncfc Tooze
Tactics GW6 due 17th FebSponsorsSeason 2 Available

Hero's League of Huzzahs and Danger______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Atlético de Madrid S.A.D NadzFixturesSeason 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
Fiorentina Afro
S.S. Lazio Sodhat Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
Malaga CF TwisT
FC Porto Macclads (formerly Hero) Table Season 2CupSemis
Tottenham F.C cherriesfan

Niko's Fast & Furious League______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Arsenal FC Crimey Fixtures Season 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
S.L. Benfica YI
Liverpool F.C Flange Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
Olympique Lyonnais Niko Fury
Paris St Germain Nay Bother Table Season 2CupSemis
Villarreal CF FootballCrazy

Furious Football Association Links

COMPETITIONS______TRANSFERS__________OTHER__________
Furious Football Association Transfers Pending SPONSORS
Champions Cup Home Page Transfer Confirmation Rules
Europa Cup TP Reply & Negotiations
Releases

Last edited by nick_fury on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:44 am; edited 4 times in total

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19 - Page 10 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

Points deductions in Scotland?

That will tie up the title in February then
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19 - Page 10 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 19

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

Yup, breaking news on SSN

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

If it will keep you guys in the league then I say swap away.

It's better than the alternative of losing you and trying to find reliable replacements, as well as losing the experience and banter you provide.

I do think there is a slight chasm between some sides here though, and that means that some harvest the best players and smaller sides (or 'worse' including my team) are unable to get anyone that would really give them a chance to win the league or even beat the big boys.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Points deductions in Scotland?

That will tie up the title in February then

Dundee went into administration last year and were deducted 25 points. Livingston had something more serious and were relegated to Division 3.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

Probably clever timing for Rangers. They clearly need financial help, and they feel that the title was getting away from them anyway. So they can take a riskless hit this season to sort themselves out and come back next season to challenge Celtic again.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

My biggest issue is TP's.

I think they need to be reduced to allow the market to stay fresh. Now it's just ridiculous. Anyone who is left has either been linked to a big club or costs a fortune. And then it's spending £20m on someone nobody has heard of.

I enjoy this, but i think next time round you should use some slightly more obscure teams, cut budgets and make people actually 'manage' the side.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

I am going to auction my players to the two teams from each league preferably the two bottoms teams. This will slightly even out the competition no offence but some of you do stupid deals and mess your clubs up.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

afternoon guys Very Happy

crimey sorry mate nothing for parker, and sodhat nothing for padapolous sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:I am going to auction my players to the two teams from each league preferably the two bottoms teams. This will slightly even out the competition no offence but some of you do stupid deals and mess your clubs up.

In fairness, everyone else takes advantage of some of the ridiculous offers... Ganso for £60m... Whistle

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

whats going on with auctions and stuff?

is someone leaving?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

Its a new rule CF.
Every club has to auction 2 random players.
The players drawn from Juve were Parker & Honda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

King Beer wrote:
I enjoy this, but i think next time round you should use some slightly more obscure teams, cut budgets and make people actually 'manage' the side.

From early discussions with the runners it will be. There will be a lot more headroom for progress into future seasons and the teams will definately be new ones to all of us
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

sodhat wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:I am going to auction my players to the two teams from each league preferably the two bottoms teams. This will slightly even out the competition no offence but some of you do stupid deals and mess your clubs up.

In fairness, everyone else takes advantage of some of the ridiculous offers... Ganso for £60m... Whistle

raspberry
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

Y I Man wrote:Its a new rule CF.

:facepalm, no it isnt and no they werent, i have checked back through the pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however just seen my lawyer offers, very tempting!

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

whats goijng on guys
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

:facepalm, no it isnt and no they werent, i have checked back through the pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe you checked lol Laugh

YI 1-0 CF

Last edited by Y I Man on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

If there is genuine boredom from several people, would it be better to regenerate the league before season three?

I'm not exactly for that premise, but I don't want to have teams being vacant and no transfer action on here either.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

CF/Cherries - either of you fancy swapping teams with me?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

sodhat wrote:

Everyone values players differently.

Take me; i bid £20m for Giroud.

Why?

Because he's been prolific in Ligue 1 for 2 seasons, been linked with a host of clubs in England and Europe and importantly, scores goals. If there is a player i want, then i will pay over the odds rather than haggle *cough* Fernandinho*cough*.

I think a few improvements could make this more entertaining...

~ Shorten the tactics process.
~ Bring in the '2 clubs per season rule' to stop the big boys exploiting the transfer market.
~ Change the rules on players leaving through Lawyers. Where releases you buy and then sell get you half the value, do the opposite for Lawyers and say you have to pay double to get them back, or wait till the start of the next season.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:42 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
sodhat wrote:

raspberry

No offence intended cherries. Although you did then compound that by signing Heskey.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:42 pm

Y I Man wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:

I cant believe you checked lol Laugh

YI 1-0 CF

I actually laughed at that. Soooo funny YI, you troll Very Happy !!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

i think there too much money in the FFA making it become worthless and making trnasfers too often
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:CF/Cherries - either of you fancy swapping teams with me?

no mate sorry...

im enjoying the FL

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

what u mean afro
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

King Beer wrote:I think a few improvements could make this more entertaining...

~ Shorten the tactics process. Tactics are one of the most important things for the smaller teams to be able to compete with the bigger teams. Smaller tactics will play into the hands of the bigger clubs

~ Bring in the '2 clubs per season rule' to stop the big boys exploiting the transfer market. Agree completely with this.

~ Change the rules on players leaving through Lawyers. Where releases you buy and then sell get you half the value, do the opposite for Lawyers and say you have to pay double to get them back, or wait till the start of the next season. You already cannot buy back a players sold in the lawyers for at least 1 season, potentially 2 (they have to complete 1 full season). And when you do, it has to done based on where the player is now and how much was paid for them (e.g. Shaqiri is at Inter, so not likely to leave and certainly not for less than the £20m they paid for him
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

what do you think cherries!

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:50 pm

where does that say anything bout swapping?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:51 pm

no mate sorry...

im enjoying the FL
??????

Fiorentina are in the Furious League too????

Cherries - I am looking to swap teams with someone, so they take over Fiorentina and I take their team.

I would prefer a team in Viva's league as I think that with a bit of work, I could actually win the league in that league and I fancy that challenge.

C'mon CF. RVP has you as his first choice as the new Fiorentina manager
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
no mate sorry...

im enjoying the FL
??????

Fiorentina are in the Furious League too????

Cherries - I am looking to swap teams with someone, so they take over Fiorentina and I take their team.

I would prefer a team in Viva's league as I think that with a bit of work, I could actually win the league in that league and I fancy that challenge.

C'mon CF. RVP has you as his first choice as the new Fiorentina manager

randy

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:54 pm

ill swap if no-on else will

(meanwhile in his head praying he gets them)
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:54 pm

Completely disagree with this Afro

Tactics are one of the most important things for the smaller teams to be able to compete with the bigger teams. Smaller tactics will play into the hands of the bigger clubs

It might be a good joke of "RVP x2" but that is what it feels like. We will see come tomorrow but I have RVP marked all game by Soriano, which enables my defenders to concentrate on their usual game.......

So if I get the results and there are RVP x 2, how do you expect me to feel? It is not sour grapes, but what you are saying doesn't work. Smaller teams marking the bigger teams star players never works.

EDIT: So am saying smaller tactics WOULD make it more enjoyable. If RVP are going to score two past me, at least let me not spend a lot of time writing tactics to combat this when it is pointless.

Last edited by TwisT on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
King Beer wrote:I think a few improvements could make this more entertaining...

~ Shorten the tactics process. Tactics are one of the most important things for the smaller teams to be able to compete with the bigger teams. Smaller tactics will play into the hands of the bigger clubsBut half the managers don't read every single line of tactics. Even the smaller clubs can get across the way they want to play in bullet point form. Remeber, RVP = Goals etc, doesn't matter how you say you're gonna play.

~ Bring in the '2 clubs per season rule' to stop the big boys exploiting the transfer market. Agree completely with this.

~ Change the rules on players leaving through Lawyers. Where releases you buy and then sell get you half the value, do the opposite for Lawyers and say you have to pay double to get them back, or wait till the start of the next season. You already cannot buy back a players sold in the lawyers for at least 1 season, potentially 2 (they have to complete 1 full season). And when you do, it has to done based on where the player is now and how much was paid for them (e.g. Shaqiri is at Inter, so not likely to leave and certainly not for less than the £20m they paid for himWhat i mean is, say rather than one full season, just do the next season. Face it, anyone sold at the end of the season is purely a fundraiser. Secondly, if say Porto wanted to buy Shaqiri, rather than waiting till season 3, he should (providing it make sense) be able to buy him out for double what he went for, so Shaqiri would cost him £40m to buy instantly.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

I have offers to swap from Everton and Malaga.

Both are tempting as Malaga have a little more cash, whilst Everton for the emotional pull!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

SPURS WE HAVE A TON OF CASH AND SOME GREAT PLAYERS
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

TSC wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Rangers give notice to go into Administration Shocked

REALLY!!? YAHOOOO!!!

Seriously i am really close top getting my self banned here

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:58 pm

Nay Bother wrote:
TSC wrote:

REALLY!!? YAHOOOO!!!

Are you a Rangers fan Nay?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Feb 2012, 3:59 pm

Nay Bother wrote:
TSC wrote:

REALLY!!? YAHOOOO!!!

Nothing in particular against Rangers Nay, I'd feel the same way if it was Celtic. If one of the OF go then hopefully there will be an end to the hatred and all that in Scottish football. But this is a discussion for another place.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

Nay Bother wrote:
TSC wrote:

REALLY!!? YAHOOOO!!!

I'm with TSC. Great news. Hope they get the same treatment as Dundee and Livingston.

The reasoning behind it is ridiculous.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

ohhhh, i am bottom because i am in the group of death, and very rarely do deals,

WHo decides what players?

Where is this rule

Last edited by Nay Bother on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

Nay Bother wrote:

ohhhh, i am bottom because i am in the group of death, and very rarely do deals

and who makes those stupid deals, certainly not me
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

TwisT wrote:Completely disagree with this Afro

Tactics are one of the most important things for the smaller teams to be able to compete with the bigger teams. Smaller tactics will play into the hands of the bigger clubs

It might be a good joke of "RVP x2" but that is what it feels like. We will see come tomorrow but I have RVP marked all game by Soriano, which enables my defenders to concentrate on their usual game.......

So if I get the results and there are RVP x 2, how do you expect me to feel? It is not sour grapes, but what you are saying doesn't work. Smaller teams marking the bigger teams star players never works.

But with smaller tactics, you wouldn't have been able to put that tactic in in as detail and it would have been even more a case of RVP meaning goals.

What I would say is that your tactics need to reflect a player strengths. Soriano is not a man marker at all and has never done anything IRL to suggest that is a job he would excel at. So that wouldn't necessarily take RVP out of the game. It may just take Soriano out of the game far more than it effects RVP.

I accept that noone knew Rodwell was a decent man marker until he did the job on David Silva earlier in the season, and before that, having Rodwell man marking may have counted against you. Soriano may well be the best man marker in the world, but we can only base ratings on what we see IRL

Imagine if Cherries told Heskey to get on the end of every cross with diving headers at goal, or volleys from the edge of the area. Would that mean you would instantly give him more goals, or would you think to yourself, Heskey cannot do any of that.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:06 pm

I'm with Afro in regards to the tactics.
Yes for some people they see RVP on a team sheet and vote based on that.

But it he same respect how come Arsenal and Juventus aren't higher up their leagues?
They have better teams on paper than most other clubs in their league yet through their tactics (sorry CF but it is the feedback you get so I'm not saying anything that isn't well known) they don't get the wins.
It would end up becoming the Euro league thing if we all reduced down to bullet points or worse.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:06 pm

i know, heskey isnt terrible, even if i tellhim win the ariel battles and hold up the ball somepeole wouldnt notice that and go, oh its heskey, auto loss for spurs
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:07 pm

Fair enough, but I still stand by people won't factor that in (even if he can man mark or not). Evn if he was the best marker in the game, they would still put RVP to score.

My point is smaller tactics would be easier to read and easier to vote on. The length is getting absurd and if people say they don't skim most of it then I am sorry but you are telling fibs.

Hence RVP x 2. We will see tomorrow. I bet you that RVP scores AND there won't be any mention of whether soriano can man mark or not.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

i will still concede 3 tomorrow even with 6 at the back and 2 DMs
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
TwisT wrote:Completely disagree with this Afro

But with smaller tactics, you wouldn't have been able to put that tactic in in as detail and it would have been even more a case of RVP meaning goals.

What I would say is that your tactics need to reflect a player strengths. Soriano is not a man marker at all and has never done anything IRL to suggest that is a job he would excel at. So that wouldn't necessarily take RVP out of the game. It may just take Soriano out of the game far more than it effects RVP.

I accept that noone knew Rodwell was a decent man marker until he did the job on David Silva earlier in the season, and before that, having Rodwell man marking may have counted against you. Soriano may well be the best man marker in the world, but we can only base ratings on what we see IRL

Imagine if Cherries told Heskey to get on the end of every cross with diving headers at goal, or volleys from the edge of the area. Would that mean you would instantly give him more goals, or would you think to yourself, Heskey cannot do any of that.

You also have to scout the other managers. For instance, Hero relies on his attacking prowess. CF thinks getting the ball up to Lopez and Huntelaar is enough. Sometimes all you need to do is counter the odd move and you should theoretically win.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

TBF with that many at the back any team would just do long range efforts and the ball will ricochet in the goal or the goalie won't be able to see it until its in the net.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

mandanda is a monster
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

The length is getting absurd and if people say they don't skim most of it then I am sorry but you are telling fibs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No I read everyones tactics even the subs part which is normally right at the bottom if you look at my reasons they will clearly show I read tactics.

Twist I've seen your offer but waiting to give others a chance.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

I had Chiellini man mark RVP in the top of the table clash.
Someone had him down to score a hat trick.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next