The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20

+14
ncfc_Tooze
footballcrazy
cherriesfna
The Special Juan
Fan Gilhaus
Bull
Marky
ADMIN
sodhat
Afro
Beer
TwisT
FIFA Diva
nick_fury
18 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20 - Page 8 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20

Post by nick_fury Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Furious Football Association

The FFA Noticeboard

Breaking News: Arsenal FC recruit Crimey as new manager, can this lift them from the depths of the League. More to follow...

Season 2 Gameweek 3 Results are up, please use link in the League Menu below

Voting
Nicks to Hero
Hero's to Viva
Vivas to Nick

Domestic Cup Tactics to be in by Wed 1st Feb, voting pages below:

Champions Cup Voting
Euro Cup Voting

Injuries will be drawn 2pm

FFA Leagues

Viva's Rainbow League______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Bayer 04 Leverkusen King Beer Fixtures Season 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
Everton F.C Marky Mark
Juventus CricketFan Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
A.S. Roma Viva
FC Schalke 04 TSC Table Season 2CupSemis
Valencia CF ncfc Tooze
Tactics GW6 due 17th FebSponsorsSeason 2 Available

Hero's League of Huzzahs and Danger______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Atlético de Madrid S.A.D NadzFixturesSeason 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
Fiorentina Afro
S.S. Lazio Sodhat Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
Malaga CF TwisT
FC Porto Macclads (formerly Hero) Table Season 2CupSemis
Tottenham F.C cherriesfan

Niko's Fast & Furious League______MATCHES_______OTHER__________
Arsenal FC Crimey Fixtures Season 2InjuriesGW 5 Done
S.L. Benfica YI
Liverpool F.C Flange Results Season 2: GW4 Done LawyersGW 5 Done
Olympique Lyonnais Niko Fury
Paris St Germain Nay Bother Table Season 2CupSemis
Villarreal CF FootballCrazy

Furious Football Association Links

COMPETITIONS______TRANSFERS__________OTHER__________
Furious Football Association Transfers Pending SPONSORS
Champions Cup Home Page Transfer Confirmation Rules
Europa Cup TP Reply & Negotiations
Releases

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20 - Page 8 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20

Post by ADMIN Thu 16 Feb 2012, 4:59 pm

In that case can I reverse back half a season and also have Navas, Tevez, Torres, Gotze etc.
As I put in easily enough money to acquire all of those?
No is the simple answer.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20 - Page 8 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 20

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

Difference is, Llorente is not in the same bracket as those players Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

TSC wrote:I think we should all just calm down and wait until the end of the season. I've never had any bad experiences with TP's as of yet but I can understand why those that have are angry. IMO, if you throw enough money at a club, I think they will sell a player regardless of whether he wants to go or not.

Anyway, can't we all wait another few weeks and then have a rethink over everything at the end of the season? My 2¢.

Not always. look at Kaka with Man City. There are scenarios where the club sells regardless of the players wants and there are scenarios where the player doesn't want to move, so he doesn't.

It has always been said that they would consider two things when voting on a TP - 1) will the club accept the money; 2) would the player want to move.

It is only ever a yes in TPs when both questions are answered Yes, and a negotiate when the second is yes, but the first is a very close no.

This has been applied consistently, with the odd human mistake, through TPs.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:03 pm

Y I Man wrote:Difference is, Llorente is not in the same bracket as those players Hero

I would say that he is comfortably in that bracket
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

1) will the club accept the money
So you are telling me that the runners agreed that Villa would sell their No9 after one year when they need him scoring to boost them up the table and has played 21 league games this season?

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:04 pm

I think nick should be demoted after todays fiasco.....
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:05 pm

Y I Man wrote:1) will the club accept the money
So you are telling me that the runners agreed that Villa would sell their No9 after one year when they need him scoring to boost them up the table and has played 21 league games this season?

Yes. For £28m with a player who is reportedly unhappy, they did.

Again down to opinions, but that was theirs
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

sodhat wrote:Aside from that, would it be fairer next time round to conduct TPs and prices paid in reference to an index (e.g. transfermarkt).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/christian-eriksen/profil/spieler_69633.html

Problem with that website is that there are some glaring misvaluations!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
sodhat wrote:Aside from that, would it be fairer next time round to conduct TPs and prices paid in reference to an index (e.g. transfermarkt).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/christian-eriksen/profil/spieler_69633.html

Problem with that website is that there are some glaring misvaluations!

There are, but it could be a different site (if there are any...)

One thing it would do is bring absolute consistency to the prices being paid in TPs. Otherwise it's open to people interpreting it and inflating the market based on one oversized bid.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Also, we introduced a new rule changing the TP rule from 1 full season to 1 calendar year because people were complaining it was too long, it restricted the market and 1 season IRL was like 3 on here.

Now it is being argued that Villa wouldn't sell Bent after only 1 year.

Not sure we can win this one then
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

I think the 1 year rule doesn't always work, some teams will sell players after a few months depending on the bid and circumstances of the player!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

The 1 season rule was brought in in the old FL to stop the "will they / won't they sell him so soon" arguments

It was decided that although this might not be 100% accurate, if applied across the board it stopped these arguments.

We change it to a calendar year after requests and in the first week there is an argument that it is too soon for a club to sell.

Seems like we should revert to the 1 full season rule!!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Also, we introduced a new rule changing the TP rule from 1 full season to 1 calendar year because people were complaining it was too long, it restricted the market and 1 season IRL was like 3 on here.

Now it is being argued that Villa wouldn't sell Bent after only 1 year.

Not sure we can win this one then
You cant
We cant.
And for that reason, I'm oot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

I have said it before and i say it again, i think the TP system is really flawed.

I don't see the purpose in everyone writing reasoning when it doesn't seem to get used in the decision making of whether an offer is accepted or not.

Decisions are based on real life including peoples prejudices to leagues and club size. Not on the reasoning and club size in the game.

As has already been stated many times, this leads to certain clubs having more people linked with and higher likelihood they can sign players.

You say Ganso is the only mistake, i disagree as hazard was allowed to join arsenal because they wanted him, yet it turns out that there is a higher probability of him joining spurs, Spanish teams and as reported recently staying in France over joining arsenal

And this is where the TP system is flawed just because arsenal were interested doesn't mean the player is. But because they are a big team in a bigger league peoples prejudices say that he would join

Now when bigger players become available how does this work, so if PSG, Benfica, Lyon, Shalke bid for a player we will automatically lose to Roma, Juventus, Spurs, Arsenal because of prejudices of the bigger club and leagues

I have no solution on how to solve this, but it is what i see as the issues

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

im gonna be honest, the constant arguing about TP'S is really starting to annoy me, and clearly quite a few others..

now i dont do TP'S because of the sheer arguments they cause, and the constant arguing is starting to really take the fun out of this!

Last edited by Y I Man on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dodging swear filter)

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

Are we carrying on, as dont want to post tactics then it being a waste of time in doing so.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

I think we are carrying on

Ps i was pointing what i thought the issues with tTPS where, so come end of season and if we restart we can have some form of clarity over what to expect

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

Yes we are Tooze. We need to find a Malaga and Benfica manager.

I'm off see you guys tomorrow.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

You are bang on Nay.

But to have TPs, we have to live with these flaws and mistakes. It is just a game after all, so that shouldn't be so hard.

One thing is for sure, there have not been any prejudices or favouritism towards any managers. I think I can count on 6 or 7 fingers the number of TPs I have successfully signed.

On Hazard, you have to say that if he was being allowed to join Spurs on here, then Arsenal, being of the same level, are given the same opportunity.

We have an idea to overcome the team bias whenever a new league is started and that is that all teams will be fictional, and you will start with no players, auctions and a pot of money (with a whole host of rules around starting squad sizes etc (finer details to be fine tuned when necessary). This way, all teams start with the same reputation and stature (say lower Premier League) and you build your own through performance in the league.

However, obviously this is a new league and cannot be introduced part way through this one
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

Look at Huntelaar's case irl. He joined Real Madrid in the January transfer window and left the following summer to AC milan. It all depends on the player and if he would leave.

How do you lot think Eriksen will fair out against Man Utd tonight? He can either choke under pressure or put in a performance of a lifetime.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

cool will get tactics up later this evening then OK

will keep an eye out

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:How do you lot think Eriksen will fair out against Man Utd tonight? He can either choke under pressure or put in a performance of a lifetime.

Another thing with peoples views, why cant he have a quiet but effective game, Why is there only a chance of him playing Awesome or really poorly.

If only he turns up, and the rest of the team choke, he is never gonna be awesome because his team mates wont let him be

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 16 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

Anyone want to beat king beers bid of 13m for Rodrigo Moreno before I sell him?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:00 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:im gonna be honest, the constant arguing about TP'S is really starting to annoy me, and clearly quite a few others..

now i dont do TP'S because of the sheer arguments they cause, and the constant arguing is starting to really take the fun out of this!
Constant implies it happens regularly. When was the last argument?
Are we not allowed to voice our opinions when we think something is wrong? You do it enough on this site so dont you dare complain when others do it over something!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

boys this is meant to be fun?

given up asking about Tps I went for Llorente and Bent however was unsuccessful - move on and have another 10 bids rejected before you get one lol

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

Llorente is the 2nd preferred choice for the Spanish national team. With Villa out he's ahead of Negrado and Torres, two players which we've either rejected bids on or in the case Negrado had a 55m fee placed on him.

If we want it to be realistic then fine. Look at my team, the quality in there would then result in me being able to attract the best in the world to join them thus making the divide even worse.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

I couldnt even get Janko lol

get over it lads

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

Does anyone have a RB available for short term loan

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

Y I Man wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:im gonna be honest, the constant arguing about TP'S is really starting to annoy me, and clearly quite a few others..

Constant implies it happens regularly. When was the last argument?
Are we not allowed to voice our opinions when we think something is wrong? You do it enough on this site so dont you dare complain when others do it over something!!

Laugh i only responded to it, because you said 'im not spitting my dummy out', when you are, because you quit your club over it, therefore thats spitting your dummy out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:42 pm

votes are in, i will get my tactics in tomorrow, if we carrying on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 16 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

not having a go CF but how can you justify Fiorentina beating me 3-1 at home?

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:06 pm

Nay Bother wrote:Does anyone have a RB available for short term loan

I could possibly do Jung provided i can have him back for Domestic Cup week 2?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

Thanks for the offer but have someone of the equivalent level as that.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm

Nay, i've got Kyle Bartley Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:49 pm

Kyle bartleyis a legend,

But really was hoping for a top player, i have a RB, was just chancing my arm ha ha

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:53 pm

I've got Jesus Gamez Duarte, like all my squad, available for the right price.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

For a 1 game loan, Debuchy was my euro league extra injury

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

Fan Gilhaus wrote:not having a go CF but how can you justify Fiorentina beating me 3-1 at home?

Not only that, but Van Der Vaart scored one of the goals despite signing for PSG this week Laugh

Busted CF, we know now you don't actually read the tactics Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

Nay Bother wrote:For a 1 game loan, Debuchy was my euro league extra injury

Loans are a 3 game minimum anyway.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:04 pm

Awww ok

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:09 pm

Marky wrote:
Fan Gilhaus wrote:not having a go CF but how can you justify Fiorentina beating me 3-1 at home?

Not only that, but Van Der Vaart scored one of the goals despite signing for PSG this week Laugh

Busted CF, we know now you don't actually read the tactics Wink

i do but i was in a rush sorry. will sort it out later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

Not having a go Marky, but how can you justify Liverpool beating me 2-1, when they couldn't beat an egg.

Only joking Fan!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

Laugh
BigFellasAfro wrote:Not having a go Marky, but how can you justify Liverpool beating me 2-1, when they couldn't beat an egg.

Only joking Fan!

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

Tactics in

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:25 am

Peaceful boards this morning, huh?

Never mind, I'll be getting my tactics in at lunchtime as per usual.

If cherries plays six at the back I reserve the right to change my tactics to a 1-3-6 and play every attacking player I have.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:26 am

Just play 6-0-4 and really mess his plans up Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:28 am

Marky wrote:Just play 6-0-4 and really mess his plans up Wink

Laugh

On a side note, is there anything in the laws of football stopping people placing two men on the goal line either side of the goalkeeper to hack away what he misses?

Because I'm considering it next time I play Porto if it means I only lose by one...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:36 am

I think nick should be demoted after todays fiasco.....
Never happen Nadz, this was my creation lol

Morning btw guys

Nay raised some very good point last night/above. As did YI and others.

Please understand it it tough for us to do TPs. Just because you recieved a No on a TP it doesnt mean all 3 runners said no. You only need the majority(2/3) to say yes for a successful TP.

Dont get me wrong, I myself have been fustrated when writing out a sufficent reason & providing links to why a club and player would accept and leave. Worse case being when a club has said they will sell a player and I still havent been successful.

YI, I feel for you. I felt Hazard should not have been just because hes linked. Ganso mistake. But these thing happen, we cant be 100% correct to EVERY managers opinion of who will join and who wont.

IMO, Llorente is not in the same bracket as Neymar etc.

Hero:
If we want it to be realistic then fine. Look at my team, the quality in there would then result in me being able to attract the best in the world to join them thus making the divide even worse.
I think this is the issue Nay bourght up. The only reason you have that quality in you team is like building Blocks, you had two, you managed to aquire another, with three a fourth is needed and you able to aquire that fourth easier than say Nay who has one attempting to get two.

Bigger club prejudices is bang on from Nay Bother.

Anyway. thats my opinion as a manager.
As a runner its difficult.

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:37 am

Just don't submit your tactics, you'll only lose by two Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:40 am

Morning.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next