The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something which appears to have gone unnoticed...

+19
steven24
Melkor
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Super D Boon
tunes666
Seanusarrilius
Nico the gman
Adam D
Josiah Maiestas
Strongback
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
ShahenshahG
J.Benson II
azania
88Chris05
manos de piedra
oxring
AlexHuckerby
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Something which appears to have gone unnoticed... - Page 2 Empty Something which appears to have gone unnoticed...

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

...in this weekend's fracas is the claim made by David Haye to the K Bros camp that he did in fact agree to all terms set by them and that they had reneged on a deal for him to fight Vitali. Adam Booth's comments at the end of some video footage directed at Boente would appear to suggest that there may be some validity in Haye's claim.

Could it be that the myth of the K's being honourable and a "class act" turn out to be nothing more than a carefully crafted deception?

Back to top Go down

Something which appears to have gone unnoticed... - Page 2 Empty Re: Something which appears to have gone unnoticed...

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:There was no genuine injury apart from the toe - he legged it because setanta flopped

Yeah but he has a certified doctors note.....as does Wlad. Wlad pulled out because of a stomach upset.

No az - he hasn't. I'm pretty certain Haye did not have a certified doctors note from the commission. Else I'd let him off.

He does and showed it on TV. Very apologetic and contrite.

If you can show that clip - I'd like to see it - because as far as I can tell - no certified commission note ever came forward. He was very apologetic and contrite - but that's all I can say for him.

I think it was on a setanta interview. But I do recall seeing it. In my opinion he paid the doc to give that note for obvious reasons. Nothing to do with ducking and he would have told K2 of that.

To be certified - there should be commission involvement - as I remember - there wasn't. He provided a statement of a doctor's opinion saying "stop the fight".

In actuality - Manos' point is correct - both were bogus cancellation's - Haye due to Setanta and Wladimir due to Haye.

However - there's a common theme in fights getting mucked around - and its Haye.

You asked earlier when Booth had lied to us. Easy - when claiming that Chisora had hit him with glassware after the brawl - when we can clearly see that his own charge, Haye, had tired of his sanctimonious claptrap and decided to end it with a tripod once and for all.

To be fair to Booth I don't think that was a lie just due to all the confusion and how fast everything started I don't think he realised what had happened and it may have made sense for it to have been Chisora's fault.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Something which appears to have gone unnoticed... - Page 2 Empty Re: Something which appears to have gone unnoticed...

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

Allow me some whimsicality Alex. I'm not really going to hold against Booth that in the heat of the action, he was unable to correctly identify the implement which brained him.

He didn't even see the tripod either, he was whacked from behind.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

One thing that hasn't gone unnoticed Dave is the continuance of your ridiculous Haye nuthuggery. Wink

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:56 pm

Fair enough read that as you were being serious.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:01 pm

Haye obviously wanted 50/50 split to fight with Vitali but wasn't gonna get it cause of his performance with Wlad. Normal deals that happen when you fail to hit the standards.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:05 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:I cant be bothered to keep breaking it in baby chunks for you oxy...Your dislike of Haye clouds your judgement.

I think you bought all his ppvs and was heartbroken by his defeat to Wlad.

Thats funny didn't Chisora hold up a bottle?...Haye vs the entire Chisora team...Haye had only little Booth as back up.

Give me a link to these lies I have forgotten.

+1 for everything PBF says. I implicitely accept this mans judgement as he has never let his hate for a boxer cloud his judgement Laugh

And as for the bit in red, the only person who lashed out Booth was his own client! That's how idiotic and thug like Haye acted.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

To be fair Chisora shouldn't have gone up to him trying to look all menacing-like.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:18 pm

Personally think Chisora's got a tile loose, definitely something not right in his head .

Chisora will probably face a ban over what's happened but it will be interesting to see what happens with Haye when he applies for his boxing licence back.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

Dunno, the WBC aren't doing anything about JCCjr missing his drug test are they?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

You might be right DAVE but bottom line,after Hayes last performance he can't say anything, he is lucky he is allowed to stand in the same room as a K brother. Lets have Haye v Chisora and the winner gets Vitali later in year.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:32 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Dunno, the WBC aren't doing anything about JCCjr missing his drug test are they?

Rubio didn't have one either, it was the fault of the WBC.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

Sorry its blatant that Haye wants to fight VK or WK rematch. why would he be there?

and its clear that the fight would make more money that any other fight VK has out there.

So it only comes down to one thing. VK is getting old and they are worried that Haye might beat him.

Because despite what anyone says about Haye, he has a dig on him, is lightning quite and is a threat.

Haye and Booth are both no Angels but I think its pretty clear that the Ks and their contracts also don't do boxing any favors..

what was all that "no only fools and horses music" all about ..?

Haye VS VK would be a mouth watering fight and the VK team should be rushing to get it ready for the summer. Bottom line.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

tunes666 wrote:Sorry its blatant that Haye wants to fight VK or WK rematch. why would he be there?

and its clear that the fight would make more money that any other fight VK has out there.

So it only comes down to one thing. VK is getting old and they are worried that Haye might beat him.

Because despite what anyone says about Haye, he has a dig on him, is lightning quite and is a threat.

Haye and Booth are both no Angels but I think its pretty clear that the Ks and their contracts also don't do boxing any favors..

what was all that "no only fools and horses music" all about ..?

Haye VS VK would be a mouth watering fight and the VK team should be rushing to get it ready for the summer. Bottom line.

I can see team K2 shifting the goal posts now. Those guys remind me of Barcelona and how they dealt with Arsenal over Fabregas. mad

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:07 pm

Yep. Kbros are clearly ducking

Haye's previous performance was impressive to make all the top Ring HWs run to the hills...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:08 pm

Weirdly I'm actually starting to think that VK is finally on the way down now. Even though he won comfortably against Chisora he was winded and gassing quite a lot so I actually see a potential fight with VK and Haye not being the one-sided schooling in favour of the Ukranian afterall.

In fact I think Haye could beat a very much faded older K bro and I sense Haye believes in this himself and that's why him and his slimy little handler Adam Booth are like opportunist vultures and can smell a way to redemption if only VK would sign up for a fight!

I hope Vitali quits as either way, a win against Haye would prove nothing and seems to be getting riskier and riskier as age catches up with him.

Both Haye and Chisora should be consigned to the doldrums of boxing hitory. Either that, or fight each other. I bet Frank wants it really badly to save his flagging Boxnation channel. I guess he's gonna have to hope that the BBBOC go easy on poor Derek and don't ban him for too long!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:42 am

Strongback wrote:One thing that hasn't gone unnoticed Dave is the continuance of your ridiculous Haye nuthuggery. Wink
Not really Strongy, cast your mind back and you'll see I criticised Haye for his non-showing against Wlad, I've also been one of the many who believe that his best route to getting people's support for another crack at the HW title is to go out and fight a couple of top ten contenders and show he's made any necessary adjustmenst to suggest things MAY be different next time round. I've also said that the weekend's antics show neither fighter in a good light. Haye hitting Chisora whilst holding a bottle is totally unnacceptable, hurling tripods around...ditto. I can't and won't excuuse Haye's behaviour once he was confronted by Chisora, however...

I do believe Haye had a right to pose the question to VK's manager. Namely, if all terms had been agreed back in December why had they reneged on a fight that Vitali claims to want so badly? Financially, Haye brings nothing to the table but then, outside of Wladimir, neither does anyone else, so why the delay? I doubt Vitali 'fears' Haye so my belief is that they are simply giving him the runaround due to his antics last year. Now, they're quite within their rights to do so and, under the circumstances, who here can say they'd be inclined to accomodate Haye either? However, my original question asks whether or not the Team K Bros "nice guy" image is genuine or a carefully crafted act. A number of posters have argued back and forth about who tells the most lies etc etc and it seems obvious that both sides are as bad as one another. Chisora's theme music is bannned for not being "serious enough" yet Jean Marc Mormeck's HW credentials AREN'T an afront to boxing!!?!?!?

Nothing wrong with Boente saying Haye will have to earn his shot but to say he hasn't agreed terms when Haye is adamant that he has, suggest there's more skullduggery going on here than people think. Irrespective of what you think of Adam Booth he's always been open with the media as to what dealings he's had with the K's. He previously mentioned the number of concessions made to Wlad in order to secure the fight last year so why would he suddenly become a liar when discussing a fight with Vitali. His comments to Boente suggest there's a large portion of truth in Haye's claims.

No nuthuggery involved dear fellow, just a genuine question which seems to have bypassed a lot of people due to the fracas.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:56 am

Boente is a joke and not an altogether honest man. All this gentlemanly stuff the Ks come out with is a front. Those guys screw every penny out of their opponents and put more stips that manny/arum.

You hit the nail on the head there Dave. Chisora's music wasn't serious enough, but Mormeck is a serious challenger. Give me a break.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:33 am

If David Haye is serious about fighting Vitali than he shouldnt have retired and should continue fighting.

Why people continue to defend him is beyond me.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:36 am

Why should he continue fighting for less money. He has a price and only the Klitschkos can make the sort of money he will get out of bed for. Vitali said he wanted the fight now they don't want the fight. The Klitschkos play to many games.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

I dont think the Klitschkos avoid challenges for the most part. Obviously someone will point out that they havent fought each other, but that understandbly aside theres hardly anything over the last decade to suggest they avoid fighters.

Were we talking about a young Mike Tyson or Cassius Clay making waves in the division then theoretically I could entertain the notion that Vitali might possibly not fancy it. But we are taking about David Haye here. Last seen in the ring putting in the non performance of his career against a Klitschko. And a fighters who has never looked outstanding as a heavyweight.

Haye has exhausted all credibility with me and his latest gatecrash and media sale has only served to reinforce that as opposed to going anyway to convince me this wasnt anything more than a publicity stunt to earn him a scarcely deserved title shot. I cant understand how anyone takes David Hayes words at face value anymore.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Why should he continue fighting for less money. He has a price and only the Klitschkos can make the sort of money he will get out of bed for. Vitali said he wanted the fight now they don't want the fight. The Klitschkos play to many games.

So basically you're admitting that he's only interested in the money and has no interest in putting in any hard work by fighting his way back up into contention. If only he had the attitude of Arreola, Peters or Adamek, I'd give him alot more respect.
Besides, what does everyone expect Haye and Booth to say regarding the negotiations? Are they going to take the blame for a fight with Vitali not materialising? Of course not. Anyway, their past actions and behaviour will hardly make me think that they're honest, virtuous men.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

By Peters I take it you mean Samuel Peter who quit on his stool against Vitali and fared even worse against Wlad?

Great example!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

Yes but at least he turned up before he quit

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:By Peters I take it you mean Samuel Peter who quit on his stool against Vitali and fared even worse against Wlad?

Great example!

Yes it is a great example.
After he lost to Vitali, Peters won a few title eliminators and got himself ranked as Wlad's No.1 IBF mandatory challenger. Thats what Haye should be doing if he's oh so desperate to fight a Klitschko and can't agree to their current terms.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Here Here Benson!

Daveo is Chairperson of the Haye Nuthugger Guild. Don't expect any objectivity from him. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:One thing that hasn't gone unnoticed Dave is the continuance of your ridiculous Haye nuthuggery. Wink
Not really Strongy, cast your mind back and you'll see I criticised Haye for his non-showing against Wlad, I've also been one of the many who believe that his best route to getting people's support for another crack at the HW title is to go out and fight a couple of top ten contenders and show he's made any necessary adjustmenst to suggest things MAY be different next time round. I've also said that the weekend's antics show neither fighter in a good light. Haye hitting Chisora whilst holding a bottle is totally unnacceptable, hurling tripods around...ditto. I can't and won't excuuse Haye's behaviour once he was confronted by Chisora, however...

I do believe Haye had a right to pose the question to VK's manager. Namely, if all terms had been agreed back in December why had they reneged on a fight that Vitali claims to want so badly? Financially, Haye brings nothing to the table but then, outside of Wladimir, neither does anyone else, so why the delay? I doubt Vitali 'fears' Haye so my belief is that they are simply giving him the runaround due to his antics last year. Now, they're quite within their rights to do so and, under the circumstances, who here can say they'd be inclined to accomodate Haye either? However, my original question asks whether or not the Team K Bros "nice guy" image is genuine or a carefully crafted act. A number of posters have argued back and forth about who tells the most lies etc etc and it seems obvious that both sides are as bad as one another. Chisora's theme music is bannned for not being "serious enough" yet Jean Marc Mormeck's HW credentials AREN'T an afront to boxing!!?!?!?

Nothing wrong with Boente saying Haye will have to earn his shot but to say he hasn't agreed terms when Haye is adamant that he has, suggest there's more skullduggery going on here than people think. Irrespective of what you think of Adam Booth he's always been open with the media as to what dealings he's had with the K's. He previously mentioned the number of concessions made to Wlad in order to secure the fight last year so why would he suddenly become a liar when discussing a fight with Vitali. His comments to Boente suggest there's a large portion of truth in Haye's claims.

No nuthuggery involved dear fellow, just a genuine question which seems to have bypassed a lot of people due to the fracas.
^ This.^ clap

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:...in this weekend's fracas is the claim made by David Haye to the K Bros camp that he did in fact agree to all terms set by them and that they had reneged on a deal for him to fight Vitali. Adam Booth's comments at the end of some video footage directed at Boente would appear to suggest that there may be some validity in Haye's claim.

Could it be that the myth of the K's being honourable and a "class act" turn out to be nothing more than a carefully crafted deception?

Adam Booth says a lot of things, loves the sound of his own voice and slates a lot of people. So i doubt Boente or the Klitschko's have done anything wrong, Haye, being the salesman stroke clown that he is and always has been probably asked for silly money to fight Vitali even though he has NO TITLES and the fact he was there anyway along with his media whore trainer is pathetic, begging for another payday at the expense of some mad boxing fans.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

Sound's like rubbish, why would Vitali pull out? They've seen what Haye has to offer and it really isn't much. I hope neither (Haye,Chisora) get's another shot as they are very mediocre boxers and have no hope on earth of beating the Klitschko's even though they are probably past their prime.

The boxing pundit on Boxrec after the fight.. Steve something always forget his name, was trying to imply that Wlad was scared of Povetkin. Even though Povetkin has pulled out of fights with Wlad multiple times. Terrible night for British boxing.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

steven24 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:...in this weekend's fracas is the claim made by David Haye to the K Bros camp that he did in fact agree to all terms set by them and that they had reneged on a deal for him to fight Vitali. Adam Booth's comments at the end of some video footage directed at Boente would appear to suggest that there may be some validity in Haye's claim.

Adam Booth says a lot of things, loves the sound of his own voice and slates a lot of people. So i doubt Boente or the Klitschko's have done anything wrong, Haye, being the salesman stroke clown that he is and always has been probably asked for silly money to fight Vitali even though he has NO TITLES and the fact he was there anyway along with his media whore trainer is pathetic, begging for another payday at the expense of some mad boxing fans.

PROBABLY asking for silly money? So, you don't actually know anything Steven and are simply assuming? Haye and Booth were invited as commentators (Boxnation and BBC 5 Live) so had a valid reason for being at the post-fight conference. Haye's question to Boente, whilst disrespectful to Chisora in that it hijacked his time in front of the cameras, is no less valid than it would have been had there been no brawl.

Haye states all terms were agreed in December, Vitali has said he wants to KO Haye after the disrespect he showed to Wladimir so why no fight announced? No so long ago, it was almost a done deal then recently the fight was as far away as Mayweather/Manny. Who's telling lies?

Why fight Chisora, a 17 fight novice, or in the case of Wlad, suggest TYSON FURY would be a viable opponent if neither of them bring anything more to the table than Haye and yet BOTH brothers would still dearly love to beat up Haye?. The Germans will turn up to watch the K's fight anyone so why not Haye? Are we expected to believe that even the German crowds would show no interest in watching David Haye get beaten by their idols? In fact, I'd wager that if Vitali said he was fighting Haye, they'd turn up in their droves hoping to see Haye get annihilated.

As for "begging for another payday", Haye is undoubtedly still rolling in cash from his fight with Wlad so I doubt he's begging for money. I don't doubt Haye would love to leapfrog the queue but to suggest he wants nothing more than money when he has nothing to offer makes you look a tad foolish. Even Haye knows he cannot command a large purse this time around.

by Super D Boon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Here Here Benson!

Daveo is Chairperson of the Haye Nuthugger Guild. Don't expect any objectivity from him.

Aah Boony, read my posts and see there's plenty of objectivity here. The K's team have long been accused of making ridiculous demands on opponents, why should this be any different?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

monty junior wrote:Sound's like rubbish, why would Vitali pull out? They've seen what Haye has to offer and it really isn't much. I hope neither (Haye,Chisora) get's another shot as they are very mediocre boxers and have no hope on earth of beating the Klitschko's even though they are probably past their prime.

The boxing pundit on Boxrec after the fight.. Steve something always forget his name, was trying to imply that Wlad was scared of Povetkin. Even though Povetkin has pulled out of fights with Wlad multiple times. Terrible night for British boxing.

Which begs the question, if Haye is an easy night's work for a the same amount of money as Vitali got for a 12 rounds slog with Chisora, why doesn't Vitali fancy an easy night's work whilst getting to defend his family's honour?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

Haye states booth states. Ends right there to be honest. He might be making him run through hoops but haye is so so so desperate which is a more exquisite form of punishment

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2012, 4:16 pm

Sadist!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
monty junior wrote:Sound's like rubbish, why would Vitali pull out? They've seen what Haye has to offer and it really isn't much. I hope neither (Haye,Chisora) get's another shot as they are very mediocre boxers and have no hope on earth of beating the Klitschko's even though they are probably past their prime.

Which begs the question, if Haye is an easy night's work for a the same amount of money as Vitali got for a 12 rounds slog with Chisora, why doesn't Vitali fancy an easy night's work whilst getting to defend his family's honour?

Is that the way boxing worked? I thought it was more of a risk reward sort of business with a few titles thrown in along the way for good measure. Haye doesn't have a title. Haye doesn't have a license. Haye doesn't have a television backer.

What, other than lip - does he bring to the table?

He needs a spell on Strictly methinks.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

oxring wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Is that the way boxing worked? I thought it was more of a risk reward sort of business with a few titles thrown in along the way for good measure. Haye doesn't have a title. Haye doesn't have a license. Haye doesn't have a television backer.

More money. A genuine grudge fight. Always sells.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

Where does this extra money come from?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

More money. A genuine grudge fight. Always sells.

How much more? Not enough. They sell out Germany anyway. Haye has to bring the UK PPV to be worth the risk. What PPV? Haye and Khan between them have killed that on Sky, Primetime has gone awfully quiet and Warren controls the rest of the market through subscription.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:45 pm

Depends on how much TV companies sell the fight to other countries for and who is willing to pay for it. Haye's mouth has guaranteed back page news and he is a terrific salesman.

Sky will but it. So will Canal +, HBO and others, especially after the brawl. Its an easy sell.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

azania wrote:Depends on how much TV companies sell the fight to other countries for and who is willing to pay for it. Haye's mouth has guaranteed back page news and he is a terrific salesman.

Sky will but it. So will Canal +, HBO and others, especially after the brawl. Its an easy sell.

Doubt it. HBO don't have much interest in HW boxing - and Haye's rep stateside is at an all time low. You only have to look at any of their boxing publications describing his efforts.

"All words no verbs" was one of the more politer ways they described his career. If you want stateside money - Arreola would bring it. Or Seth Mitchell in a couple of fight's time.

If you want Canal+ - well that's why Mormeck got his shot...easy payday.

Sky aren't doing ppvs for "the forseeable future". Now we can all speculate that Haye might be able to persuade them to buy back in for 1 last throw of the dice - but its speculation - and the Kbros tend not to speculate with fights, contracts and money - as you yourself have said.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:56 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:Depends on how much TV companies sell the fight to other countries for and who is willing to pay for it. Haye's mouth has guaranteed back page news and he is a terrific salesman.

Doubt it. HBO don't have much interest in HW boxing - and Haye's rep stateside is at an all time low. You only have to look at any of their boxing publications describing his efforts.

"All words no verbs" was one of the more politer ways they described his career. If you want stateside money - Arreola would bring it. Or Seth Mitchell in a couple of fight's time.

If you want Canal+ - well that's why Mormeck got his shot...easy payday.

Sky aren't doing ppvs for "the forseeable future". Now we can all speculate that Haye might be able to persuade them to buy back in for 1 last throw of the dice - but its speculation - and the Kbros tend not to speculate with fights, contracts and money - as you yourself have said.

Haye is linked with GBP. He is known stateside. Many will want to see his mouth shut. Plus redemption is a ticket seller. There are so many ways to spin this its unreal.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:00 pm

All cliches

HBO would not want the fight, Sky would not put it on PPV which only really leaves German TV who pay a fixed rate for every fight anyway, Haye no longer offers anything more than any other challenger out there, he had his shot, failed so spectacularly that a return is meaningless.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:08 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:All cliches

HBO would not want the fight, Sky would not put it on PPV which only really leaves German TV who pay a fixed rate for every fight anyway, Haye no longer offers anything more than any other challenger out there, he had his shot, failed so spectacularly that a return is meaningless.

It doesn't have to be on PPV. Do you think Mormeck brings more money than Haye? Or chisora for that matter?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

No that's the point, none of them bring anything to the table.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

GBP have no current links. He's retired remember? I'm sure links can be remade - but this is all speculation az.

azania wrote:Many will want to see his mouth shut
You say something that you really cannot prove. He has no credibility stateside - a brief poll of his name on eastside will prove that.

What's your evidence...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:11 pm

The point we're patiently trying to make is that Haye doesn't bring sufficient money to be worth the risk.

Another lie from Haye, of course. He's retired and not thinking about boxing - but he seems to be negotiating with Vitali...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:19 pm

oxring wrote:GBP have no current links. He's retired remember? I'm sure links can be remade - but this is all speculation az.

azania wrote:Many will want to see his mouth shut
You say something that you really cannot prove. He has no credibility stateside - a brief poll of his name on eastside will prove that.

What's your evidence...

For crying out loud. Dont be so naive oxy. He may be retired, but do you think that retirement was permenant?

The difference is I know boxing and I know marketing. Forums are not a barometer for anything other than opinionated people (myself excluded).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:21 pm

You use that as an excuse all the time, I know music journalism like the back of my hand but wouldn't claim to be an expert on all of its forms.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:22 pm

Haye did say in Boxing Monthly that he was not retired anymore but the only fight he would be interested in is Vitali

I dont think even Haye knows whether he is active or not Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Steffan wrote:
I dont think even Haye knows whether he is active or not Laugh

It depends what you mean by active. If active means launching heavy metal objects in a conference room chocked full of people, hurling chairs in a crowded shopping centre or tossing house bricks into a schoolyard full of children then he may well be very active in that respect! Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:You use that as an excuse all the time, I know music journalism like the back of my hand but wouldn't claim to be an expert on all of its forms.

I dont claim to be an expert.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:57 pm

Super D Boon wrote:It depends what you mean by active. If active means launching heavy metal objects in a conference room chocked full of people, hurling chairs in a crowded shopping centre or tossing house bricks into a schoolyard full of children then he may well be very active in that respect!
Thats about his level. The guy is a joke and deserves no respect from anyone

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next