The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

+14
footballcrazy
Bull
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fan Gilhaus
Afro
sodhat
The Special Juan
Marky
FIFA Diva
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
nick_fury
cherriesfna
TwisT
18 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Is Paul Pogba rubbish

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Empty The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by TwisT Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:52 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Domestic Transfers Now Open
Polls for Best Positions Now Being Posted - Please Vote

Everyone in League A (who votes on League B) send their results to Hero.
Everyone in League B (who votes on League A) send their results to TSC

League Week 2 - 2nd Week of matches on Wednesday - NOT CUP THIS WEEK!!!

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

League Breakdown and Rules

Spoiler:

League A

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroReal Ale Sociedad - TwisTAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyStraight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBullCunning Canaries FC - ollyrules
Viva City - VivaPaulScholesShuntingsheep F.C - Fan Gilhaus

Carling FC - InTheFastLane

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League B

The London Silly Nannies - sodhatJacamos United - TSCFC Furious - nick_furySporting Sideburns FC - Y I ManAFC Swamp Donkeys - fernando
FC United of Bournemouth Town and Boscombe City Wanderers Athletic Football Club - cherriesfanWalker Texas Rangers FC - Nay Bother

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by TwisT on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Empty Re: The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

Completely agree about Mourinho, he's the number one choice if your club wants short term success only, but he leaves behind no legacy.

Since he left Chelsea they haven't been the same, Inter Milan have fallen to pieces since he left to join Real Madrid, and only under Mourinho can Real Madrid finish above Barcelona, but once he's gone it will go back to Barca rule.

On a side note, the problem with replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United is that whoever comes in will have two options.

1. Build his own side, and risk being fired when they go 2 seasons without a trophy.

2. Be a SAF clone and get success with SAF's players and methods, then get none of the credit.

Ferguson went 4 years without winning anything at Man U, if the next Ferguson went to Man U and didn't win anything for his first 3 years he'd be sacked as it's a different football world and a different era now.

Marky

Back to top Go down

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 2 Empty Re: The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

Marky wrote:Completely agree about Mourinho, he's the number one choice if your club wants short term success only, but he leaves behind no legacy.

Since he left Chelsea they haven't been the same, Inter Milan have fallen to pieces since he left to join Real Madrid, and only under Mourinho can Real Madrid finish above Barcelona, but once he's gone it will go back to Barca rule.

On a side note, the problem with replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United is that whoever comes in will have two options.

1. Build his own side, and risk being fired when they go 2 seasons without a trophy.

2. Be a SAF clone and get success with SAF's players and methods, then get none of the credit.

Ferguson went 4 years without winning anything at Man U, if the next Ferguson went to Man U and didn't win anything for his first 3 years he'd be sacked as it's a different football world and a different era now.

Although if Mourinho went to United, he would win two trophies per season, showing SAF to actually not be a very good manager and that he got the benefit of the resources he had available to him. He should have won more than he did really.

Mourinho would ruin SAF legacy, therefore SAF will never allow him to take over.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
Marky wrote:Completely agree about Mourinho, he's the number one choice if your club wants short term success only, but he leaves behind no legacy.

Although if Mourinho went to United, he would win two trophies per season, showing SAF to actually not be a very good manager and that he got the benefit of the resources he had available to him. He should have won more than he did really.

Mourinho would ruin SAF legacy, therefore SAF will never allow him to take over.

But Mourinho would have left in 3-4 years with his short term success over and his stock raised, the club would then be stuck in a bit of a rut with no SAF to rebuild them. Ferguson has had success over a very long term, so unless Mourinho does that for 8-10 years at the same club can he claim to have a better legacy.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:

:fishingrodsmiley: PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST IT IS CLEARLY A WIND UP I REPEAT DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST. PLEASE IGNORE IT WE WON'T BE BAITED BY YOU MR AFRO!!!
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:45 pm

Whether he left in 3-4 years or not, he would come in and win trophies at a greater rate than SAF, showing that SAF won what he did because of the resources, not because of his ability.

A talented manager would have won far more than SAF. Paisley's trophy record for Liverpool is comparable to SAF, but he achieved it over a much, much shorter period. If he had had 25 years, his achievements would dwarf SAFs

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:47 pm

A more talented manager would have won far more than SAF.

Well done Captain Obvious, thats like saying if you were faster then Usain Bolt you'd be quicker then him.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:50 pm

duly corrected
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

haha, Afro get back to your
Spoiler:

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Paisley >>>> SAF and that is from an Evertonian

SAF is seriously overrated. If Ron Atkinson had been given the time that SAF has had, he would have the same kind of record.

Right place, right time springs to mind.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

I'd be all for Mourinho taking over, his name carries stature, he'd be able to bring in some of the best in the world simply through who he is.Moyes for however a decent manager he is, his name means nothing on a global scale.

Last edited by Hero on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:59 pm

OK Afro
Spoiler:

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:00 pm

I'd be all for Mourinho taking over, his name carries stature, he'd be able to bring in some of the best in the world imply through who he is.Moyes for however a decent manager he is, his name means nothing on a global scale.
Thats true his name will attract more than Moyes. Id only take Mourinho at Man United if he bourght back CR Laugh

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm

But Moyes might bring Hibbert with him...
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:03 pm

nick_fury wrote:
I'd be all for Mourinho taking over, his name carries stature, he'd be able to bring in some of the best in the world imply through who he is.Moyes for however a decent manager he is, his name means nothing on a global scale.
Thats true his name will attract more than Moyes. Id only take Mourinho at Man United if he bourght back CR Laugh

You'd have more chance with Queiroz...

I'd take Mourinho every day of the week, he may move around a fair bit, but he loves England and I get the feeling would happily settle for a long period at a club if he could feel secure. I don't think he'd have left Chelsea of his own accord so quickly either.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

Paisley took over from Shakley. Shankley made the club. Ferguson has both of them in him.Paisley took over a quality side, Fergie didn't.

I really think Hero and Afro are secret Liverpool fans, they love Gerrard so hard and love Liverpool even harder.

Back at 2

I'm allowed to say I love Nick now

Last edited by Hero on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No you're not)
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Can we keep external smilies in spoiler tabs please, not very safe for work to see images jumping around the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Paisley took over from Shakley. Shankley made the club. Ferguson has both of them in him.Paisley took over a quality side, Fergie didn't.

I really think Hero and Afro are secret Liverpool fans, they love Gerrard so hard and love Liverpool even harder.

Back at 2

If you look back at United in the few years before SAF and Liverpool in the last few years of Shankley, their performances and achievements are frighteningly similar.

Shankley didn't win that many trophies for Liverpool, he was just there for a long time and established them towards the top of the old first division.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

Votes sent to Hero thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

Can we keep external smilies in spoiler tabs please, not very safe for work to see images jumping around the place.
I woulnt of thought it was safe for work to see you on a forum when you should be working. Just a thought.

Afro, stop being a silly sausage. you know SAF is the man.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:14 pm

Whens results out lads?

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Paisley took over from Shakley. Shankley made the club. Ferguson has both of them in him.Paisley took over a quality side, Fergie didn't.

Back at 2

I despise Liverpool with an absolute passion, but I am objective enough to judge them without wearing my Everton-tinted specs, something which United fans are unable to do.

I would never take a United fan's opinion of Liverpool, or a Liverpool fan's opinion of United, as regardless of how much they claim to be objective, they never are.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

nick_fury wrote:
I woulnt of thought it was safe for work to see you on a forum when you should be working. Just a thought.
When minimised it used to blend in with the schedules on Excel I was working on.
Having images jumping about would not blend in. That is why we have small in house smilies only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:19 pm

nick_fury wrote:

Afro, stop being a silly sausage. you know SAF is the man.

Previous WUMs aside, he is clearly not overrated and deserves all the praise he gets. He is the third best manager this country has ever produced, behind Paisley and Herbert Chapman.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

I think I can be fairly objective in regards to Liverpool as a person that follows Utd, I recognise how great several of their past teams have been, I've been along to Liverpool matches with my mate (though had to keep stum when Utd was being shown on the telly in the Anfield Pub and scored v City).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

Hero wrote:I think I can be fairly objective in regards to Liverpool as a person that follows Utd, I recognise how great several of their past teams have been, I've been along to Liverpool matches with my mate (though had to keep stum when Utd was being shown on the telly in the Anfield Pub and scored v City).

I once went to a Birmingham v Liverpool game with a Liverpool supporting friend and another Liverpool supporter who had no idea I supported Everton. I had to keep quiet as the other guy kept slating Everton and complaining about how lucky we were (in truth, we had fluked a 1-0 win v Southampton the day before thanks to Tomas Radzinski).

We were in the away end with all the Norwegian and Irish Liverpool fans, but I enjoyed the game immensely as Birmingham beat them Laugh
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

liverpool of know are useless and united aint much better but United have rooney and a class manager unlike liverpool
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

I've got all my results in now so just waiting on TSC to confirm he's got his.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:36 pm

Votes in to TSC just now guys.

It's interesting the debate above, even though Afro was on the wind up. Who would be consesus the best British manager? Be a fair old shortlist:

Paisley
Clough
Shankly
Ferguson
Revie
Nicholson
Stein
Ramsey
Robson

There must be loads I've missed on that list (I, for one, would have Ron Greenwood on there Cool) but it's hard to pick a clear winner.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:39 pm

Ahoy, I'll be here until I hear "Supersonic" on the radio then I'll have to go. I have 4/8 votes in :/ Me, nick, nando and sodhat.

Thank you to those who have votes in so far. You may add the £2m to you budget if you haven't already. Ok!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:44 pm

liverpool of know are useless and united aint much better but United have rooney and a class manager unlike liverpool
Thats a bold statement considering we are the only team challanging Man Citys 1st place spot in the league

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

I think useless is a bit on an overstatement.

This current United team is one of the weakest it has had in the last 10-15 years, but it is still better than all but City in the Premier League.

They also have that important quality of being able to win when they aren't performing well.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

Talking of statements...

"You will realise there has been a great deal of speculation in the media surrounding the events at Rangers FC.

Should it be required and only when the situation is absolutely clear at Rangers FC, any view of St Mirren FC Ltd would be taken by the Board of Directors.

No speculative thought or decision shall come from St Mirren FC until the exact position at Rangers FC is known.

If the Board of Directors of St Mirren FC be required to make any decisions they would decide the best way forward in the best interests of St Mirren FC and the Scottish Premier League.

St Mirren FC hope however, that the current situation at Rangers FC can be resolved quickly, to the satisfaction of all parties concerned and in the best interests of Scottish Football."
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

So regarding TP's, all I have to do is PM Hero the player and match his TM value to be sure to get him?

Also, players available at TLSN, all shapes and sizes for the discerning shopper.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

Howedes?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

Hero wrote:Howedes?

As always I will listen to your offers before politely declining them...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:17 pm

Cherries you talk to much rubbish mate, United are useless? Sorry you must be smoking some herbs.

Hero don't edit my posts please, it's true that you and Afro are very fond of Gerrard.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Cherries you talk to much rubbish mate, United are useless? Sorry you must be smoking some herbs.

Come on, we all know AFC Boremouth are the bestest team in the world with the bestest manager and players, that's why they're riding high in the top half of League 1 thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

Don't post things that are offensive then!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

Marky wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:Cherries you talk to much rubbish mate, United are useless? Sorry you must be smoking some herbs.

Come on, we all know AFC Boremouth are the bestest team in the world with the bestest manager and players, that's why they're riding high in the top half of League 1 thumbsup

Laugh How could I forget that? I must have been too high on Banana skin. Don't forget they have the even bestestest fan of all time CherriesFan.

But it's true you and Afro love him off so hard.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sroqHSJtfOo&feature=share

The (in)famous moment when the substitutions board gets dropped on Fergie's foot.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

lads

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

Good luck in our game Fan

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:31 pm

Ahoy Fan.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:31 pm

As the only one who's opponent didn't submit tactics, does this mean I am currently top of the league?

Yahoo

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:32 pm

Hi Fan have you missed me?

Guys whats happening with FastLane? He has not commented on our league since 28th Feb but he has been around on other leagues and posting there. That is just taking the urine and not on especially when others were interested in the league. He has done this before on other Football games.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:33 pm

Is it ok if I award your default goals to your goalie?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:34 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Hi Fan have you missed me?

Guys whats happening with FastLane? He has not commented on our league since 28th Feb but he has been around on other leagues and posting there. That is just taking the urine and not on especially when others were interested in the league. He has done this before on other Football games.

He's pulled out already Viva
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

Yes we need another manager, if anyone sees Nadz he's more than welcome to take the spot. I actually had ITFL's team down as fave for our league as well!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

TSC wrote:Is it ok if I award your default goals to your goalie?

If i'd have known this would happen i'd have signed Emile Heskey on loan and got the goals awarded to him Laugh

Falcao and Lamela with 3 each would do Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Hi Fan have you missed me?

Like a hole in my head

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next