The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers*

+7
Ent
Beer
JCmag82
NickisBHAFC
Liam
psycho-gooner
djcc2004
11 posters

Go down

The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers* Empty The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers*

Post by djcc2004 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:28 am

Just wondered what people thought of this on Raw?

I am a big Rock Mark but been disapointed the last couple of weeks with his promos but loved the concert as i think he owned cena.

i enjoyed cenas rap, but for me i enjoyed the concert more.

i think im right in saying the rock isnt at raw next week? then he will be on the final raw before mania the week after and i think that will be the time to cut a intense promo, i hope they dont actually fight before mania as think it could ruin the build up.

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers* Empty Re: The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers*

Post by psycho-gooner Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 am

Cenas rap was good, but he literally came out, did the rap and left. The Rock was more engaging, funnier and basically emobodies what it means to ''work the crowd''

Cena 7/10

Rock 9/10

Also the Sheamus/Ziggler match was terrific OK

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers* Empty Re: The Rock Concert *Contains Spoilers*

Post by Liam Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

Really enjoyed the rock concert. I was at no point bored and he was allot more creative this week. Got the crowd going like Gooner said and came out with some superb lyrics. Preffered the one he did for Stone Cold but all the same much better this week than previous weeks. He also made reference to Cena's three move set which I liked.

Rock wins this week for me, the hopefully he really rips into Cena the week before Mania, Cena hits the AA, stands over the Rock and look strong going into Mania, that way, both will have a good momentum going into Mania.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 pm

The concert was fantastic made me LOL he complety owned Cena. The rap wasnt bad but the concert was just oustanding

Good matches between Shaemus and Ziggler. CM Punk and the Miz, and Orton vs Swagger.

Anyone know what will acctually happen to the Miz for Mania? Maybe a face turn and join team teddy ??

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Nick

There are articles on bleacher report about The Miz somehow getting involved in the Rock/Cena match.

But I dare not read the full articles, i'd rather not be fully spoiled

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:44 pm

I think both Cena and Rock were great last night but you can already see what Cena is going to do next week - rip into Rock for having it all written down in front of him on that stand and then go about how he is disappointed the Rock is not what he used to be and wants to fight The Great One.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm

JCmag82 wrote:I think both Cena and Rock were great last night but you can already see what Cena is going to do next week - rip into Rock for having it all written down in front of him on that stand and then go about how he is disappointed the Rock is not what he used to be and wants to fight The Great One.

That's not what he said on Twitter after the show.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:13 pm

What did he say like?

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Cena's "rap" - I've never really been a fan of his rapping, for me drawling a line slowly then rhyming it with another isn't much of a rap.

That said it was ok, he got a few pops in - but it wasn't as good as his previous raps last year. One thing I have been wondering is why cena keeps offering to engage in kinky sex games with the rock? A cleveland steamer, pearl neckace etc.

As for the Rock concert, was initially worried it would tske away from the previous ones but it was very good and had me laughing all the way through - do think his voice is starting to go though (not unusual).

The we will rock you thing was a bit cringe, but again a few good lines.

Some good matches too, good episode of raw.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 pm

John Cena tweeted the following about The Rock after RAW:

“He didnt need em on his hand he had lyric sheet, and then they were on jumbotron, but @therock is back! And #WM28 its on! Best v Best 4/1/12″
'“Desperate times call for desperate measures. I take nothing personal. Truly glad to see @therock back! He needed that tonight #WM28″

“He had fun! I had fun watching it, like i said, i just want to beat the greatest of all time at #WM28 not some dude whos nervous. No excuses”

“It is what it is. #riseabovehate Music stand wont save him on #4/1/12″

Cena must have the easiest role ever in pro wrestling, go over on the mic and claim hes better, get done over on the mic and just say thats who you want to turn up at WM.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 am

The Rock concert was brilliant!!

Anyone else think the WWE has told the rock to do things such as write on his arm just so Cena has 'smack' talk?

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:20 pm

The concert he did on Stone Cold was funnier, but he was playing a heel back then, so could have a go at the crowd, rather than suck up to them. Still his concert on Monday was very funny, he completely owned Cena. I wonder wether he writes his own songs?

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 pm

It was ok, don't get all the love for it tbh, all he did was suck up to the crowd (that Cena gets ripped to shreds for) and added little insult in that soused like they ha been thought up be a 13 year old (again something Cena gets ripped to shreds for)

Then the icing on the cake was that god awful improv version of we will rock you. The cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Loved it, really funny. Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I too thought the concert was brilliant. Must admit though I marked out when Cena came out with his Thuganomicz entrance theme and old-school attire - if only that Cena was back for good!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8PMYuMt4eq4

just found this off rocks twitter, some english chick giving it a go lol

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down