The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions?

+4
Cymroglan
Ozzy3213
HammerofThunor
wrfc1980
8 posters

Go down

Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions? Empty Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions?

Post by wrfc1980 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:42 pm

Earlier this season the Sarries v Quins game at Twickers pulled in 70,000 fans, this weekends game see's over 90,000 fans attending their game. Thats a combined attendance over the 2 games of 160,000. Is this more than all 4 welsh regions combined have manged for the whole season?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions? Empty Re: Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions?

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 30 Mar 2012, 8:48 pm

They're not all Sarries and Quins fans. Lots of people go for the event. Quins generally have between 10000 and 14000 at home games. Sarries have a lot less generally (around 7000?).

The one-off games don't mean much in terms of proper support.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions? Empty Re: Sarries v Quins better supported than all 4 regions?

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:10 pm

As Thunor has said, many are not Sarries and Quins fans, but 'day-outers' who are going for the entertainment that is on offer.

That said, I took 3 neutrals who had never been to rugby before to last weeks Paddy's Day Party game, and they were so impressed with it all that they want to go again and two have bought London Irish shirts.

Given that fact it is possible that Saracens and Quins could pick up new support from Saturday's game which makes it a worthwhile venture, and one that the Regions may be well advised to look into as it is clear that attendances West of the Severn are not as good as they could be.

I do appreciate that there are lots of reasons for that, but they need to be pro actively trying to address that and get bums on seat.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

Fantastic attendance just a shame you used it to troll though.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 30 Mar 2012, 9:28 pm

Ah I see you are back after going quiet during the 6 Nations. laughing I wonder why that was, could it have anything to do with Wales beating a number of 'tier 1' teams? Did the GRAND SLAM perhaps show we aren't overhyped and perhaps we are fairly good? laughing

Now you are desperately trying to take a pop at the Regions over attendance figures. I like the fact that despite this massive issue (from your POV) we still manage to beat your team in their backyard. Perhaps your team is better off being relegated to a lower tier so they can win something. THey'll still lose to Wales though seeing as we are so good at beat non-tier 1 teams laughing.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:27 am

.....and here's the results of the Western Severn jury:

Welsh Regions 0
Other Pro12 teams 4

In other news, apparently last week's attendances amongst all twelve teams in the Premiership totaled just 81,000.

That's less than one match between Leinster v Munster in a H Cup semi-final, said one wag at the annual mine-is-bigger-than-yours-willy-waving contest.

Everyone continued drinking keeping their eyes averted....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:38 am

Pot Hale wrote:.....and here's the results of the Western Severn jury:

Welsh Regions 0
Other Pro12 teams 4

What, 4 Welsh teams played tonight did they? Strange, I only counted 3 Headscratch.

Wanna know how many Wales team victories I counted in the 6 Nations?

5..... FROM, 5! Smile
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:34 am

Stop living in the past Morg! Wink Actually..I don't know why there isn't a Regions derby double header at the MS. O'sv Turks, Blues v NGD's on the same afternoon on the opening day of the season maybe...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 31 Mar 2012, 9:41 am

Welsh Regions 0
Other Pro12 teams 4

In other news, apparently last week's attendances amongst all twelve teams in the Premiership totaled just 81,000.

That's less than one match between Leinster v Munster in a H Cup semi-final, said one wag at the annual mine-is-bigger-than-yours-willy-waving contest.

It's a shame Sarries v Quins is going to beat the Leinster v Munster record by about 9000 just a bog standard league game. Who knows how many would go for a HQ semi. If only there was a stadium big enough!

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:23 am

Welsh Regions 0
Other Pro12 teams 4

I don't know what you're source is, but the combined total attendance for Week 18 of the Aviva Premiership was 84,387, using the figures quoted by the official site: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/premiership/rugby/index.php

You probably picked the wrong week to try and make that point, because it's probably the highest total attendance since Quins and Sarries got 82,000 into Twickenham.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down