The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Current British Boxing Top Ten

+15
rycoys
Josiah Maiestas
School Project
Steffan
d260005p
hampo17
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Lance
Imperial Ghosty
88Chris05
manos de piedra
Union Cane
Rowley
Seanusarrilius
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Current British Boxing Top Ten - Page 2 Empty Your Current British Boxing Top Ten

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 26 Apr - 22:32

First topic message reminder :

Hasn't been done in a little while

Mine is as follows

1.Khan
2.Froch
3.Brook
4.Burns
5.Afolabi
6.Macklin
7.Barker
8.Mitchell
9.Chisora
10.Groves

Now, you may be aware that I have left out a certain WBO LH Champ. I have based my rankings purely on talent, performance (as cards are more frequently screwing fighters who perform well) and level of opposition. World titles don't come into it as much, given the state of boxing. Also, I actually think Bellew might have nicked it v Clev (although very close), so if he is not there, leaves no room for Clev.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 26 Apr - 23:04; edited 3 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Your Current British Boxing Top Ten - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Current British Boxing Top Ten

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 28 Apr - 1:54

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Those of you having Froch in 1st/2nd/3rd obviously have forgotten the lesson he got from Ward.

A more realistic and accurate dictum would be that anyone placing Froch outside of the top three has obviously forgotten the fact that he's consistently taken on the toughest challenges of all the Brits from 2008 onwards, is one of the few to have won and successfully defended a world title on the road, and has only been defeated by men who were, at the time, unequivocally regarded as one of the top two / three men of their weight class, though he still went the full twelve rounds with each of them.

Froch has little to be ashamed of with regards to the Ward result. Ward would have had too much for Froch on any given day or at any stage of their respective careers at world title level. However, as I touched upon before, there are no McCloskey or Salita types on his record in the last three years, and his wins over Pascal, Johnson, Abraham and Taylor represent a far more meritorious list of victims than anyone else from these shores can currently offer.

Out of sheer, morbid curiosity, I'd actually like to see the three (or more) names you deem worthy of being ahead of Froch.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Your Current British Boxing Top Ten - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Current British Boxing Top Ten

Post by Rowley Sat 28 Apr - 2:09

88Chris05 wrote:

Out of sheer, morbid curiosity, I'd actually like to see the three (or more) names you deem worthy of being ahead of Froch.

Easy, Groves, Fury Brook and Cleverly are all above him, Froch has lost, they haven't, they are obviously better than him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr - 2:13

Union Cane wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:I climbed Snowdon once, it was lovely.

Lisa?
Laugh

Very good Cane

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sat 28 Apr - 2:22

L*L at rowley, I hope nobody takes that bait.

1 Froch
2 Khan
3 Macklin
4 Burns
5 Cleverly
6 Brook
7 Groves
8 Barker
9 Degale
10 Mitchell

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Sat 28 Apr - 4:02

1. Froch
2. Khan
3. Burns
4. Munroe (seems to have been forgotton on here)
5. Cleverly
6. Macklin
7. Olofabi
8. Chisora
9. Brook
10. Barker

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sat 28 Apr - 5:00

1) Froch
2) Khan
3) Burns
4) Brook
5) Macklin
6) Groves
7) Mitchell
8) Murray
9) Barker
10) Price

Put Price ahead of Fury for Furies outright refusal to fight him.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Apr - 6:15

rowley wrote:Not a problem Sean, do think Clev has become a bit of a poster boy on here for all the ills of the sport, am far from suggesting he does not deserve grief but definitely think a sense of proportion has been missing at times.

You're right. I think all in all it's just dissapointment. I mean, rememebr how good he looked against Murat. Topped that super 7 bill and really upped his profile so that we were all excited about him. And now i see sky pundits interviewing Bellew and they're even quoting the crappy ranking of Clevs recent opponents. It's just dissapointing we expected more. And that obviouslly manifests itself in ridicule. Seriously speaking, i don't know where to rank him, because barring Bellew his recent opp tells us nothing

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sat 28 Apr - 6:59

rowley wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Easy, Groves, Fury Brook and Cleverly are all above him, Froch has lost, they haven't, they are obviously better than him.

fury ahead of froch !! thats got me laughing

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 28 Apr - 8:16

After the Murat fight I had high hopes for Cleverly, he looked a real prospect but has gone backwards in both performance and opposition ever since.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr - 20:59

DaveVDK wrote:Put Price ahead of Fury for Furies outright refusal to fight him.
He didnt 'outright refuse to fight him'. There are contractual problems due to Fury being signed to Channel 5 and Price being signed to Sky. It is a disgrace that they havnt fought but its not Furys fault

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Apr - 21:07

rycoys wrote:fury ahead of froch !! thats got me laughing
I would also have Fury ahead of Froch as Froch had a tougher upbringing than Fury

A hard gypsy lifestyle aint got nothing on growing up in the Nottingham Ghetto. The guy even once had his BMX nicked for goodness sake

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 30 Apr - 18:59

Cleverly will soon be climbing people's lists again, as he confirmed on Saturday that his next bout will be either a mandatory defence or a unification.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 Apr - 19:37

1. Froch
2. Khan
3. Burns
4. Brook
5. Macklin
6. Afolabi
7. Mitchell
8. Groves
9. DeGold
10. Barker

Really not that impressive is it. With the exception of Khan the rest are pretty average.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2