The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Hodgson for England :-(

+28
Kenny
super_realist
Josiah Maiestas
Diggers
Mad for Chelsea
mystiroakey
TopHat24/7
GG
ReallyReal
GSC
marty2086
Hero
Smirnoffpriest
88Chris05
dublfcynwa
LivinginItaly
Hoggy_Bear
liverbnz
Beer
eirebilly
TwisT
Crimey
spencerclarke
JDizzle
Duty281
newballs
Ent
Mat
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roy Hodgson for England :-( - Page 3 Empty Roy Hodgson for England :-(

Post by Mat Sun 29 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Crying or Very sad

West Bromwich Albion have today granted permission for The FA to speak with Roy Hodgson regarding the position of England Manager.

This follows an approach from FA Chairman David Bernstein to West Bromwich Albion Chairman Jeremy Peace.

David Bernstein said: "I'm grateful to Jeremy and all at West Bromwich Albion for their co-operation in allowing us to approach Roy, who I have since spoken with.

"Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set-out soon after Fabio Capello's departure.

"Further conversations will now take place with Roy and my Club England colleagues before any further announcements can be made."

Crying or Very sad

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson for England :-( - Page 3 Empty Re: Roy Hodgson for England :-(

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:JM,

Hodgson could be the man that actually inspires a bit international pride and ambition with players who may seem disillusioned by international football.

Unfortunately the way I see it that Hodgson will be the England manager that the press don't like and that some fans will be on his back from the start, then as soon as he doesn't select one of the 'big' players, he'll get dragged over the coals by the press (who will probably call him something along the lines of turnip head) and then he'll be blamed for England not winning the Euro's and thrown in the bin

I just hope that media expectation is not that high come the Euro's. It shouldn't be.

If he has a mare in the World Cup Qualifiers I would imagine the press would paint a massive target on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 3:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:mourinhio or redknapp would have been 2 of my choices above hodgson. I would have also preffered a scenario whereby we gave the reigns to pearce with no pressure and gave him a long contract and only judge him after the next few tournys.

Redknapp has 2 qualities, man management and dealing. He's 50% down already taking the England job as he can't trade. His man management will probably be reflected by playing the perenial waste of space Frank Lampard but otherwise he might bring in some spirit and conhesion. He is, however, tactically naieve/weak - not a quality wanted in an international manager.

And Mourinho would never touch the England job, England are cack and he prefers top sides (or one's with a hope of being so). Why would he ruin his CV with the poison chalice of the England manager role?

your right - if the fa would have had a shot at taking him they would have to offer 12 mill plus, but all the same is a perfect world situation from my pov. i just named two managers that would have been possibilities. Almost everyone has a price

You named 2 managers - 1 of which wouldn't accept the job no matter what, so I'm not sure how he's a possibility.

I quite like Wrexham, and it's a bit like me saying that they could be in the Prem in the next 4 years if they get Guardiola as manager as he's definately a possiblity, he's available and Wrexham could do with an international class manager...

everyone has a price

i named 3 managers

Ok then maybe I should have gone for Bobby Robson, Guardiola, Mourinho and Alex Ferguson - I mean all are possibilities and probably better than Hodgson - the FA should have gone for them

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 3:40 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Hodgson could be the man that actually inspires a bit international pride and ambition with players who may seem disillusioned by international football.

Unfortunately the way I see it that Hodgson will be the England manager that the press don't like and that some fans will be on his back from the start, then as soon as he doesn't select one of the 'big' players, he'll get dragged over the coals by the press (who will probably call him something along the lines of turnip head) and then he'll be blamed for England not winning the Euro's and thrown in the bin

I just hope that media expectation is not that high come the Euro's. It shouldn't be.

If he has a mare in the World Cup Qualifiers I would imagine the press would paint a massive target on him.

When was the last time the press didn't expect to win a tournament since 1996 (and in 1996 they expected it even after failing to qualify for WC 1994)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 3:43 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

When was the last time the press didn't expect to win a tournament since 1996 (and in 1996 they expected it even after failing to qualify for WC 1994)

1998 Brazil were favourites in everyone's eyes. 2002 was the Golden Generation. 2004 still the Golden Generation plus Rooney. 2006 The Golden Generation. 2008 Ermmmm. 2010 not sure what went wrong. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 01 May 2012, 3:50 pm

2010 not sure what went wrong.
Heskey, Lennon, Defoe, Crouch... yea real Internetional players they are. Very Happy

Face it Gerrard and Lampard are crap unless its in PL at small grounds. Midfield is the weakest of the big European teams, by far..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 01 May 2012, 3:52 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Face it Gerrard and Lampard are crap unless its in PL at small grounds.

Or huge European games, or finals, or semi-finals or massive Premier League games...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 01 May 2012, 3:52 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Liver

http://blogs.bettor.com/Daniel-Agger-blasts-former-manager-Roy-Hodgsons-tactics-a55562

Agger has claimed here that Stevie was not confident or happy.

So shut up!

Where in that did Steven Gerrard 'pubically criticise Roy for not using him properly'? Either he did or you are talking rubbish. Which is it? If you don't reply to this post with solid proof I'm going to assume the latter.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 3:54 pm

Laugh

Assume. Your forte isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 01 May 2012, 3:54 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
2010 not sure what went wrong.
Heskey, Lennon, Defoe, Crouch... yea real Internetional players they are. Very Happy

Face it Gerrard and Lampard are crap unless its in PL at small grounds. Midfield is the weakest of the big European teams, by far..

Steven Gerrard has scored in the final of the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League. Lampard probably isn't far off that statistic either.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 01 May 2012, 3:56 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Laugh

Assume. Your forte isn't it.

No, it isn't. I'm not the one here making up silly stories as I go along and then tried to cover it up with more lies and making things worse for myself. You've been caught out talking bull. Best thing to do is admit to it and move on.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 01 May 2012, 4:22 pm

Steven Gerrard has scored in the final of the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League. Lampard probably isn't far off that statistic either.
Liverpool have accumulated more points without Gerrard than with him. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 01 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Liverpool have accumulated more points without Gerrard than with him. Very Happy

Which contradicts your original point.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 01 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

This year....

You're also affirming the consequence.

1. Steven Gerrard has been playing for Liverpool.
2. Liverpool have been playing poorly.
3. Therefore Steven Gerrard is the reason Liverpool are playing poorly.

Not a very good argument to be honest.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 4:43 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

1998 Brazil were favourites in everyone's eyes. 2002 was the Golden Generation. 2004 still the Golden Generation plus Rooney. 2006 The Golden Generation. 2008 Ermmmm. 2010 not sure what went wrong. Laugh

That's why in 1998 Hoddle got sacked for not doing well enough with England, In 2002 as you say they were expected to win with the 'Golden Generation', 2004 all the giant Swede jokes after QF exit ect all the times the press bigged up England as a mighty force who'd be challenging at the end, and then slagged off the poor fool whose managing them for not winning the trophy. - they'd also pick on one/two players as well and blame them for the down fall of a 'world class' team

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 4:47 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

That's why in 1998 Hoddle got sacked for not doing well enough with England, In 2002 as you say they were expected to win with the 'Golden Generation', 2004 all the giant Swede jokes after QF exit ect all the times the press bigged up England as a mighty force who'd be challenging at the end, and then slagged off the poor fool whose managing them for not winning the trophy. - they'd also pick on one/two players as well and blame them for the down fall of a 'world class' team

smirnoff, i honestly cannot remeebr the british press ever saying england were favorites for any championship, as much as you want this opinion to stick- it isnt the reality. You also must understand that all press are the same- they talk up the home team IN ALL COUNTRIES- they debate chances, they expect a goodish performance. its pretty normal media trash. but never have they ever expected england to win! and i honestly mean- NEVER

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 5:09 pm

He was at Inter at a time when they were free-spending and under-achieving," says Italian football expert Gabriele Marcotti.

"He was one of a long line of managers who came in and tried to fix it but wasn't able to, probably because the club itself was dysfunctional. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible.

"Some people still talk about his decision to sell Roberto Carlos, who went on to become one of the best left-backs in the world, but it's easy to pick out errors of judgement like that and it may not have been his decision alone."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17893340

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 5:11 pm

Really? Never? All you get in the run up to major tournaments is column inches of the back pages of red tops (tabloid newspapers) filled with pundits saying how England will win the tournament if they do this or that. It happens all the time, so if you've Never seen it maybe you've been too busy dreaming of Mourinho suddenly quiting his great job at Real Madrid for the 'top job in world' at England! Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 01 May 2012, 5:13 pm

Marcotti is a wise man... Hodgson wasn't able to help to Inter to be the best, he was only able to win in the Scandinavian leagues. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 5:14 pm

Also mystiroakey answer me this - if the media/FA haven't got high expectations of England and don't expect them to win tournaments then why do they sack every manager who gets them to the Quarters/Semi's of tournaments - and they then get ridiculed by the media as awful?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 5:31 pm

they have got high expectations as i pointed out- however they are never favs- and never have been

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 5:43 pm

however no managers have got sacked after quarters or semis!!

your now making stuff up to justify your opinion.

The alst semi england got to was 1996 under venebles and he wasnt sacked, he left the position to concentrate on clearing his name for whatever dodgy deals he was up to!

sven got 3 quarters on the spin.

capello got a top 16, and also quit

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 01 May 2012, 5:55 pm

I'll start with a negative point.

4 year contract? In my opinion it should have been 2. If Roy is earning £2.5 million a year that's a hefty pay-out if we fail at the 2014 World Cup of around 5 million. Do the FA never learn?

Now the positives.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Roy will get us playing 4-4-2, difficult to break down and a side that keeps the ball. In my opinion, that is perfect for England as we are strong defensively.

There's also a strong rumour that Gerrard will be appointed captain, something which should have happened after Becks departed. Give him the captaincy until the end of the 2014 World Cup and then give it to Rooney.

Roy has also promised to sort out the JT/Rio issue, something which Capello never did deal with.

Finally, the small matter that Roy has 36 years of management in 8 different countries to draw from.

Now what should Roy's targets be for Euro 2012?

Personally, I feel winning 2 games in the group (Ukraine and Sweden) and drawing 1 (France) would guarantee us a quarter-final spot and top of the group for Euro 2012. Now that is very achievable! From there, a quarter-final with PROBABLY Italy awaits, maybe Ireland or Croatia (it's a tough group to split). I think England against any of those 3 is winnable and if Roy can achieve that, we'll be in the semis and he'll already be a hero. In the semis will be the Germans (90% sure) and we'll leave that one to fate or destiny.

Good luck Roy!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue 01 May 2012, 6:06 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Marcotti is a wise man... Hodgson wasn't able to help to Inter to be the best, he was only able to win in the Scandinavian leagues. Very Happy

When he arrived at the club Milan were sitting around 18th in Serie A, I believe, having finished the previous two seasons 13th and 6th. They finished 7th that season and the following season, Hodgson's only complete season in charge, they finished 3rd and reached the final of the UEFA cup.
He might not have made them the best, but they improved under Hodgson, a reccuring theme of his management.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 6:59 pm

so hoggy- why does he allways leave?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue 01 May 2012, 8:23 pm

mystiroakey wrote:so hoggy- why does he allways leave?

Don't know.
Maybe he likes a new challenge, he's often left clubs to either go to bigger clubs or to international teams.
Maybe he's been unlucky on some occasions (I'd suggest that was the case at Inter).
At most clubs he's been to he has improved their fortunes. Look at Fulham. Weren't they bottom of the league when he arrived there? He saved them from relegation, guided them to 7th the next season and to the final of the Europa League the year after that.
West Brom had lost 13 out of 18 matches prior to his arrival I believe. They finished the season in 11th and are currently 10th.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 8:27 pm

What it tells me is that he is a good consultant type manager but never one to be really feel part of a club or team. And to pick someone like that for the england manager where the important part of the role will be to motivate and get the best out of big name knackered players isnt a good decision in my books.

A managers job at top club or interntaional level is first and foremost to be part of the club, be the heart and soul of the team. He isnt that man

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 8:28 pm

Woy Hodgson, after management spells at Grasshoppers, Coopenhagen, the United Arab Emirates and FC Viking, moves on to become England national coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue 01 May 2012, 8:46 pm

mystiroakey wrote:What it tells me is that he is a good consultant type manager but never one to be really feel part of a club or team. And to pick someone like that for the england manager where the important part of the role will be to motivate and get the best out of big name knackered players isnt a good decision in my books.

A managers job at top club or interntaional level is first and foremost to be part of the club, be the heart and soul of the team. He isnt that man

Most of the stuff I've read today from players who've played under him is pretty complimentary. Surely the fact that he's improved most teams he's been to would suggest that he's quite capable of motivating players, would it not?

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 8:57 pm

nope not at all, he has just come in with a better system than before and done resonably well at very bad sides or very bad managemnet before him.

Goodish manager - sure.However no employer ever wants him to stay or he doesnt want to stay. I cant stress that importance enough. He has failed on a dramatic scale to have this long cv. it doesnt make sense.

ok you look at another good manager like mourinhio who has a few jobs- however what you could say is that he has got a better job each time, hodgson hasnt and has remained stagnant if not gone down hill, and the fact is mourinhio has only been a manager for 12 years not 36!!

The only role that hodgson has had that could be considered close to the england job is the liverpool one- its very much an english club with an english fan base. I have seen prison inmates respected better than he was there- now i am not one for advocating how he was traeted- however this isnt a question of right or wrong morally- its a question of who is the best manager!! who will be able to stick it out- who has the personality,who will be respected by all, who willo command respoect and be able to speak up with his beliefs in the face of adversity, hodgons record in that regard is shocking

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:03 pm

I've heard a few times in recent days that the England job is the biggest job in football.

What a joke. How can a team that never even get close to winning anything be the biggest job in football. That's like saying being the MD of a chain of 99p shops is the biggest job in retail.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:06 pm

well its certainly big if you come from west brom

However i think the point that is being made is more about how in the lime light the job is, how much pressure will be attached to it. Its a position that alot of people will be looking very closly at for the right or wrong reasons.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 9:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:nope not at all, he has just come in with a better system than before and done resonably well at very bad sides or very bad managemnet before him.

Goodish manager - sure.However no employer ever wants him to stay or he doesnt want to stay. I cant stress that importance enough. He has failed on a dramatic scale to have this long cv. it doesnt make sense.

ok you look at another good manager like mourinhio who has a few jobs- however what you could say is that he has got a better job each time, hodgson hasnt and has remained stagnant if not gone down hill, and the fact is mourinhio has only been a manager for 12 years not 36!!

The only role that hodgson has had that could be considered close to the england job is the liverpool one- its very much an english club with an english fan base. I have seen prison inmates respected better than he was there- now i am not one for advocating how he was traeted- however this isnt a question of right or wrong morally- its a question of who is the best manager!! who will be able to stick it out- who has the personality,who will be respected by all, who willo command respoect and be able to speak up with his beliefs in the face of adversity, hodgons record in that regard is shocking

What?!! ..and Fulham, West Brom and Blackburn aren't English clubs with English fan bases?

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:10 pm

Is it really a step up from West Brom? England are probably a West Brom in international football.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:12 pm

FreekShow wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:nope not at all, he has just come in with a better system than before and done resonably well at very bad sides or very bad managemnet before him.

What?!! ..and Fulham, West Brom and Blackburn aren't English clubs with English fan bases?

the fans and media dont expect- are you really comparing england to those teams in reagrds to what is expected and what the job means!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:16 pm

super_realist wrote:Is it really a step up from West Brom? England are probably a West Brom in international football.

i think you have taken sarchasm to another level in that post dude. the jobs are unparralled- the pressure, media attention,attention full stop, money, social standing, reward to risk ratio couldnt be further from each other

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 9:20 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

the fans and media dont expect- are you really comparing england to those teams in reagrds to what is expected and what the job means!!

Why don't you tell me what is expected then? I'm an England fan and I look no further than the quarter finals which is about par for the course. The media are no different with their expectations either.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:22 pm

I'm sure it is Oakey, what I mean is that England are not a big, feared, successful, skillful or entertaining international team, much like West Brom.

Once England realise their actual place in international football, they might actually start to improve instead of relying on unrealistic expectation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 01 May 2012, 9:23 pm

I really do not think that Hodgson is a big enough personality to succeed as England manager , he is a good coach and has done relatively well at the smaller clubs he has been at but i cant see him handling the huge egos of the players ( a problem he had at Liverpool ) .

This is not a Liverpool fan laying into him as i think he was poorly treated by us , he just wasn't the right man for Liverpool and sadly dont think he is the right man for England .

I do hope im proved wrong and England go on to lift a trophy .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:23 pm

FreekShow wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Why don't you tell me what is expected then? I'm an England fan and I look no further than the quarter finals which is about par for the course. The media are no different with their expectations either.

the attention ,big club atmosphere, fan expectation, media hype,club(or in this case FA) pressure of the liverpool job will be much closer to what roy is gonna expect at england than at fulham,west brom or blackburn.

Not sure how any sane person could argue that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:24 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:I really do not think that Hodgson is a big enough personality to succeed as England manager , he is a good coach and has done relatively well at the smaller clubs he has been at but i cant see him handling the huge egos of the players ( a problem he had at Liverpool ) .

This is not a Liverpool fan laying into him as i think he was poorly treated by us , he just wasn't the right man for Liverpool and sadly dont think he is the right man for England .

I do hope im proved wrong and England go on to lift a trophy .

about time some sense comes to this board Roy Hodgson for England :-( - Page 3 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:29 pm

The bottom line is that England are second rate at international football given their resources and so it wouldnt matter who you put in charge. Whether its hodgson, redknapp, morinho or Ferguson it is irrelevant. England will win nothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:41 pm

super_realist wrote:The bottom line is that England are second rate at international football given their resources and so it wouldnt matter who you put in charge. Whether its hodgson, redknapp, morinho or Ferguson it is irrelevant. England will win nothing.

My bottom line is that i wish things were different- i wish we could just stick with pearce and look at building something for the future with little or no pressure in terms of short term results.

However the real bottom line is that hodgson has a job of what many feel as being of national importance.

I wish him well, but the odds are stacked against him- even if he can get some decent perfomrnaces out of england.

This job is not comparable to the one at west brom for so many reasons, we are not talking about quality, we are talking importance and lime light.

The fact i have been trying to make is that its all about perspective. Hodgson can be a successfull manager without winning cups. But you need personailty and big time character., The last succesfull manager in this respect was venebles, that wasnt just because of a semi appearence it was also the way he played- he got the best out of our players. And i still have very fond memories of 96 even though we lost.

People have to look at success in a different way when it comes to england and football

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:47 pm

I don't see why people think hodgson isn't up to the job, he's achieved more than virtually any England manager in the last twenty years.

You have to ask what is expected of him, if people expect England to win a major tournament they should get off the crack, if they expect him to get to the qfs in most tournaments I'm sure he (or redknapp) could do that.

I can't see any circumstances where anyone could.get much more out of those scumbags in white shirts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 01 May 2012, 9:48 pm

Problem is Mystir that Pearce doesn't want the job and has distanced himself from the job other than for Euro2012

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:51 pm

SR its about changing fans perspective. Not sure if you know your rugby. But SL has lost this years 6n's to wales, yet MJ won it last year- yet the rugby fans are much happier now than then!

Football is different in its make up(different class play it- but the same theory needs to be applied) so maybe we need a scumbag coach to manage the scumbag team.

btw i dont believe they are scumbags at all- there are not perfect but there are the best we have warts and all and a good manager can chnage the perspective of the fans

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 May 2012, 9:55 pm

Rugby isnt a decent comparison as few countries play it and there are only four teams in the six nations who could win it anyway.
Realistically England are perhaps a top 14 team, no better. A QF could be seen as an over achievement.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 9:55 pm

mystiroakey wrote:SR its about changing fans perspective. Not sure if you know your rugby. But SL has lost this years 6n's to wales, yet MJ won it last year- yet the rugby fans are much happier now than then!

Football is different in its make up(different class play it- but the same theory needs to be applied) so maybe we need a scumbag coach to manage the scumbag team.

btw i dont believe they are scumbags at all- there are not perfect but there are the best we have warts and all and a good manager can chnage the perspective of the fans

Has John Terry retired from the international game then?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:56 pm

the only thing that will make me change my perspective of hodgson is if he can be radical and pick a team that play to his strengths.

i want to see him do it the hodgson way.

If that means 11 different players then so be it- if that means a crazy formation than so be it. I want to see it done differently and i want to see his stamp put on the team.

If he cant deal with big egos- i dont want him picking big egos!

However the pronblem is are the FA the puppet master. Did they pick hodgson so they can tell him what to do?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 9:57 pm

FreekShow wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:SR its about changing fans perspective. Not sure if you know your rugby. But SL has lost this years 6n's to wales, yet MJ won it last year- yet the rugby fans are much happier now than then!

Has John Terry retired from the international game then?

I dont think they are scumbags- however my point was picking someone that is like them, someone who can relate to them- in this case - redknapp

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 10:00 pm

super_realist wrote:Rugby isnt a decent comparison as few countries play it and there are only four teams in the six nations who could win it anyway.
Realistically England are perhaps a top 14 team, no better. A QF could be seen as an over achievement.

the comparsion is in the way you can change the mentality of fans even with lesser results, the comparison is perfect to illustrate my point

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next