The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster

+72
whocares
HERSH
humphstheman
maestegmafia
FitzStephen
The Boss
Golden
idris
Knowsit17
GLove39
Imperialbigdave
Breadvan
wales606
timhen
Maddog
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Cari
RDW
yappysnap
Thomond
nathan
profitius
LeinsterFan4life
caoimhincentre
Shauna784
WillyGilly
JayMaster3000
aucklandlaurie
D24tress
Pot Hale
Kingshu
dublin_dave
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rapidsnowman
hugo124
dubh_linn
Don Alfonso
GunsGerms
Pal Joey
Pete330v2
1F'sgonnagetya!
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Big Mac Michael
eirebilly
Gretgael1
Artful_Dodger
Suspicious lurker
red_stag
chewed_mintie
fa0019
Biltong
BoyneRFC
brennomac
MrsP
Intotouch
Feckless Rogue
UlsterinKildare
Gibson
Submachine
Mickado
Rory_Gallagher
geoff998rugby
Jenifer McLadyboy
The Great Aukster
clivemcl
SecretFly
Rava
geoff999rugby
Standulstermen
rodders
Notch
Glas a du
76 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster - Page 20 Empty ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

All roads lead to Twickenham for the clash of the Titans of Irish Rugby on 19/5/12.

Ulster Flag

Ulster for a long time dominated inter provincial rugby in Ireland. Some see this as the start of something big.

Leinster Flag

Leinster are blessed with an amazing cohort of talent, based around BOD. Is the third final in four years one too far for him? If Leinster do it they will create history with the first back to back wins (since Leicester apparently. Couldn't remember that, must have been devalued for some reason Whistle)

"@HarpinOnRugby: Sexton needs 15pts in the Heineken Cup final to become the first player to win back-to-back scoring titles in the competition. #2amrugbyfact"

Ulster have failed to make the Rabo playoffs. Will an extra game against Glasgow this weekend help or hinder Leinster? Will a lack of a competitive game hinder Ulster?

Meanwhile, we conducted a vox pops:

"Leinster all day, all night and all the next week. It's in the bag. BELIEVE"
Mr Gibson

"We are gonna Party like its 1999! SUFTUM!"
Mr Ravavivian

"Ulster are in CRISIS!"
Mr Ravavivian

"If Ulster get to the final then it's a devalued tournament"
Mr Livinguptostereotype

"well at least Nigel is reffing, I'll have my pink cowboy hat on cheering for him!"
Mrs Livinguptostereotype

"where my f***ing whisky, I don't support the Burgh, but they were robbed. It will be Exeter challenging Clermont in next years final mark my words!"
Mr Ofussurvive

NEWSFLASH

ULSTER FANS - IMPORTANT NEWS FROM STANDULSTERMAN

Sorry to get off topic lads. Just heard that Paddy Wallace will be down in the bar on Monday helping give away the heineken cup final prize from 8pm if anyone is interested.

"@WhiffofCordite: Not great news about Kearney and BOD is it? Hopefully just minor niggles. Why must pre-final weeks always be so fraught?"

"Mine's a double..." Mickado

"Can we change the title of this thread please to Three time European Champions v The poor man's munster" Hoog.

Come on Ulster, where's your banter?

"Kiwi, this one will do: -

ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster - Page 20 3559488474" Rava

From Twitter:
"@rpetty80: If Ulster win the Hcup then Ireland would have 3 teams that have won it multiple times. England has 2 and France its just 1 #rugby"

There have been 35 tries scored in 16 Heineken Cup Finals. Will this game be above or below average in terms of tries?

Last edited by Glas a du on Thu 17 May 2012, 11:09 am; edited 21 times in total
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster - Page 20 Empty Re: ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 24 May 2012, 12:42 pm

It's certainly our most imaginative plan so far Smile
Can we not speed up that blinkin Kidney clock somehow?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster - Page 20 Empty Re: ERC Heineken Cup Final thread - Ulster v Leinster

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 12:43 pm

Feckless I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that post, but one thing I can't do is argue with it...... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 12:50 pm

Good man Chris. Its guys like this that make me feel so positive that we'll bounce back stronger. I am so proud of you guys. All class. SUFTUM. Cry

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0521/1224316453558.html

“For us, what was basically said after the game is that everybody put their bodies on the line,” he explains. “We couldn’t have given any more and it just shows what a fantastic side Leinster are. But as much as we put our bodies on the line, in some ways it’s a wake-up call for us, to show us what it really takes. Leinster were so clinical, it was incredible.”

Henry is visibly wide-eyed as he describes what it was like to face Leinster on a day when he was unable to be the disruptive presence he usually is at the breakdown. “Any mistake, any turnover, they pounced on,” he explains. “When they were ahead, we were chasing the game and when you’re chasing the game, you start to make more errors. It was daunting out there at times.

“The middle part of the game was really intense and we crept back in with Dan Tuohy’s try. Even up to then, we felt we could fight back but we were up against the best team in Europe and it showed.”
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20