The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

+74
thebluesmancometh
Higher_Ground
Luckless Pedestrian
mckay1402
Hound_of_Harrow
yappysnap
Standulstermen
Glas a du
tecphobe
HammerofThunor
CurlyOsp
Comfort
Seagultaf
doctor_grey
Rory_Gallagher
Steffan
3rdGrandslamCame
Scoped
Knowsit17
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
MarcusHalberstram
JayMaster3000
slartibartfast
wonder_man
Cymroglan
whocares
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Morgannwg
wales606
idris
sheephead
ieuan
Casartelli
Golden
GLove39
Artful_Dodger
Taffineastbourne
Biltong
sugarNspikes
GunsGerms
mankiaow
eirebilly
Gibson
asoreleftshoulder
red_stag
Thomond
magicsponge
munkian
pontylad
Welshmushroom
RubyGuby
Pete330v2
Intotouch
Shifty
HERSH
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Cari
LondonTiger
SecretFly
Pot Hale
Feckless Rogue
maestegmafia
BoyneRFC
pete (buachaill on eirne)
ScarletSpiderman
geoff998rugby
mrzimmerman
Breadvan
gowales
Jenifer McLadyboy
Mickado
rodders
LordDowlais
78 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

How do you think it will go ?

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 28 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 34 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap34%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 36 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 105

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Empty Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by LordDowlais Mon 14 May 2012 - 9:55

First topic message reminder :

Right, now, we know the teams, we know the venue, how do we think this one will pan out ? Although there is less at stake, I think that this game will be a lot better than HC final, and with Leinster having home advantage, it is hard to look past a Leinster win, but the Ospreys have been to the RDS this season and won so they will not fear going to Dublin, also Tandy has come in and breathed fresh air into the squad, but I still think Leinster will win but it will be very close, probably just a score in it. So I am going for Leinster by 3pts. Sad

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney 14: Fergus McFadden 13: Brian O'Driscoll 12: Gordon D'Arcy 11: Isa Nacewa 10: Jonathan Sexton 9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe 2: Sean Cronin 3: Mike Ross 4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN 5: Devin Toner 6: Kevin McLaughlin 7: Shane Jennings 8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss 17: Cian Healy/Jack McGrath 18: Nathan White 19: Brad Thorn 20: Dominic Ryan 21: John Cooney 22: Ian Madigan 23: David Kearney

OSPREYS:

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman
Replacements:
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Kahn Fotuali'i
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Tom Isaacs[/quote]

Last edited by LordDowlais on Sun 27 May 2012 - 22:23; edited 3 times in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 25 May 2012 - 12:27

A sudden and worrying wave of optimism is creeping up on me. Maybe its because I was worried Adam was injured.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by rodders Fri 25 May 2012 - 12:36

Shocked Gees Leinster are going for this anyway.... will picking BOD and co backfire a week after the HEC final??

This will be a cracker Very Happy .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 25 May 2012 - 12:44

I think the Ospreys are going to dominate up front, I just hope their backs can cope with Leinsters backs. If they can I am confident of an Ospreys win. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:10

Dominate.... hmmmm

Voyons..

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:15

Very impressed with Dom Ryan for getting into the Leinster 23 ahead of Avuav'a and Ruddock

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:21

Strange that people think that Toner and Reddan are a weakness.
What is the rationale behind that thinking do you mind me asking?

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:28

Good to see they've kept Stowers out of the 23. He's fecking useless

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:50

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Strange that people think that Toner and Reddan are a weakness.

Shane Williams will push Toner back in loose play - The lads a bean pole and a liability in the contact area IMO, nice lad but for me a poor mans Charteris.

Reddan - If Reddan was half decent he would have the 9 jersey for Ireland by now. 9 is a weak area for Ireland all round IMO and they have suffered since the unfashionable Stringer was doing the business. If he keeps it simple he will be fine, if he starts sniping and kicking from hand I think it will help the O's. His service is also poor for me.

For what it's worth the O's have more weaknesses with the FB, Bishop, Biggar and Bearman all potentially weak in key areas. Still its a team game and it should be a cracker; probably won by a last minute try by Reddan diving in the corner after an offload from Toner as he is driven backwards by Shane thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:55

Ruby, I can see why you would have formed that opinion of Toner, but not on this years form. He has got his technique right and he’s an asset when he carries now.

As for Reddans poor service, well I don’t think that Leinsters game plan of quick ball at the ruck and accurate passing from all 15 players would be as successful if it wasn’t for a scrum half with good service. The reason he hasn’t nailed down the Ireland starting position is that Kidney insists on picking Conor Murray (Irelands 4th best scrum half this season on form).

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:57

RubyGuby wrote:
pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Strange that people think that Toner and Reddan are a weakness.

Shane Williams will push Toner back in loose play - The lads a bean pole and a liability in the contact area IMO, nice lad but for me a poor mans Charteris.

Reddan - If Reddan was half decent he would have the 9 jersey for Ireland by now. 9 is a weak area for Ireland all round IMO and they have suffered since the unfashionable Stringer was doing the business. If he keeps it simple he will be fine, if he starts sniping and kicking from hand I think it will help the O's. His service is also poor for me.

For what it's worth the O's have more weaknesses with the FB, Bishop, Biggar and Bearman all potentially weak in key areas. Still its a team game and it should be a cracker; probably won by a last minute try by Reddan diving in the corner after an offload from Toner as he is driven backwards by Shane thumbsup

Remember when Bishop ran a crisp line past O'Driscoll to score a try last time? Let's hope that happens again.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 25 May 2012 - 13:58

Mickado wrote:Ruby, I can see why you would have formed that opinion of Toner, but not on this years form. He has got his technique right and he’s an asset when he carries now.

As for Reddans poor service, well I don’t think that Leinsters game plan of quick ball at the ruck and accurate passing from all 15 players would be as successful if it wasn’t for a scrum half with good service. The reason he hasn’t nailed down the Ireland starting position is that Kidney insists on picking Conor Murray (Irelands 4th best scrum half this season on form).

4th best, that's a load of shoite. Reddan and yes Boss have been better but who else Marshall? Easy to look good in the last 10 minutes when the game is over and you're looking for a bonus.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:04

When I say "weakness" you have to look at the quality of the players on the field - they are all fine players, however those I have listed for both Leincester and the Ospreys for me are the weakest links. That is not to say they won't play well. Toner has improved but for me remains a liability and I can see Tipuric turning him over and Ian Evans getting on top of him. The problem then of course is that you have Mr Thorn on the bench - Not so long ago Charetis was a useless beanpole and he has matured into a strong athletic player, there's no reason why Toner can't follow his example, he has time on his side. I'm fine if you guys disgree, it's just the way I see it. Some O's fans eulogise about Fussell - I panic everytime he gets the ball thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:05

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Very impressed with Dom Ryan for getting into the Leinster 23 ahead of Avuav'a and Ruddock

Ruddock's hurt, and Neither Auva'a (when spelling it think of the noise you would make if he hit you) nor Heaslip can play on the flank.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:06

Thomond wrote:
Mickado wrote:Ruby, I can see why you would have formed that opinion of Toner, but not on this years form. He has got his technique right and he’s an asset when he carries now.

4th best, that's a load of shoite. Reddan and yes Boss have been better but who else Marshall? Easy to look good in the last 10 minutes when the game is over and you're looking for a bonus.

Ok then 3rd best. He's potentially miles better than the rest of them, but he's not getting the ball away quick enough.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:07

Agree with that, some of it is not getting good protection, some of it is down to him. Bit of both.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:08

Its going to be emotional. Shane Williams farewell.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:11

red_stag wrote:Its going to be emotional. Shane Williams farewell.

Is he still around?

I think Murray has been awful this season, even TOL has been better in recent months... yes I did say TOL, so 4th best isn't far off the mark.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:11

Really though? He's had more final hurrah's than the Rolling Stones!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:11

Do the Irish boys see Leinster as having any weaknesses? - It might read better coming from you guys thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:15

weak•ness
noun
the state or quality of being weak; lack of strength, firmness, vigor, or the like; feebleness.
an inadequate or defective quality, as in a person's character; slight fault or defect: to show great sympathy for human weaknesses.
a self-indulgent liking or special fondness, as for a particular thing: I've always had a weakness for the opera.
an object of special desire; something very difficult to resist: Chocolates were her weakness.

Based on definition 4, I’d say running rugby.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:16

RubyGuby wrote:Do the Irish boys see Leinster as having any weaknesses? - It might read better coming from you guys thumbsup

Yes. And when we work out what they are we;; tell you......Maybe Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:17

RubyGuby wrote:Do the Irish boys see Leinster as having any weaknesses? - It might read better coming from you guys thumbsup

Not weaknesses but with Toner in for Thorn the Ospreys will really attack the scrum, even with VDW there. Thorn will be missed at the breakdown, as will Healy and SOB and the latter two will be missed around the park for their carrying.

How fit will BOD and D'arcy be after the HEC final? Both limped off and the Ospreys have very quick backs.

Still a very strong side though and plenty of quality on the bench.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:20

That Leinster side doesn't have many weaknesses ,Cronin can be inconsistent in the lineout but has improved that this year and having Toner and McLaughlin in there gives him options.McFadden is solid on the win but not spectacular..I'd say the main weakness is our pack loses a lot of ball carrying ability with Healy and SoB out.Only Cronin,Toner,McLaughlin and Heaslip would be real threats with ball in hand.

I think our bench is weak at 9 and LH.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:20

Ruby surely the Ospreys shouldn't have to ask what Leinster's weaknesses are. You beat them out there in the play-off final two years ago, and also you beat them there this season. I appreciate they were different sides (as such) but that should give the Ospreys a boost.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:23

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Ruby surely the Ospreys shouldn't have to ask what Leinster's weaknesses are. You beat them out there in the play-off final two years ago, and also you beat them there this season. I appreciate they were different sides (as such) but that should give the Ospreys a boost.

It was a very different Ospreys side 2 years ago too.

We were well beaten in the scrum last time out, maybe that’s what the Os are going to attack but we will have different personnel on show on Sunday so who knows…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:25

Yeah but Leinster were tired first time around and it was their 2nd team a few weeks ago Smile

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:30

RubyGuby wrote:Yeah but Leinster were tired first time around and it was their 2nd team a few weeks ago Smile

It was the first game of the season?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012 - 14:41

He's refering to the last play off final and the game a few weeks ago thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 25 May 2012 - 18:16

I said, very quietly mind, that we would beat Ulster by 20+ in the HC Final. It happened.

I am now saying, that we will get the best display ever, from an unfettered Leinster side on Sunday. We will anihilate a very strong O's
The fans who could not make Twickers, are in for a treat. As are all rugby-porno loving fans the World over.

I am not being disrespectful. I really believe it will happen.

Leinster by 25. And lots of wet seats.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 25 May 2012 - 18:19

raspberry to you Gibbo! We'll see... boxing

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 25 May 2012 - 18:42

Leinster will be rampant. The psychological scars on the Welsh side will be so great, that several of their players will immediately retire and never watch rugby again. The rest won't be able to sleep for weeks. Haunted by the manshaming they recieved. The WRU will agree that the Ospreys franchise should be disbanded to keep the dignity of Welsh rugby in tact. No Welsh side will turn up in the RDS again for a decade. They'll be to afraid.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 25 May 2012 - 18:51

Actually Feckless, provided it's not an absolute drubbing...which it won't be, there'll be no shame in them losing to the European champions given the rubbish season they've had. European champions losing to a lowly Welsh side who bombed out of the Heino early on though.... Whistle

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:08

I detect the same chest thumping on here as we had prior to Wales V Ireland in the world cup and we all know what happened there, this game will be a lot closer than people are predicting. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:12

It will probably be the kick of a ball between us. O's just hammered Munster. Not hard these days, but impressive all the same.

This will be close. Get a large grip on reality Gibbo. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:19

I have a feeling that the O's will give Leinster a cracking game. Close to call this one.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:19

Gibson wrote:It will probably be the kick of a ball between us. O's just hammered Munster. Not hard these days, but impressive all the same.

So you making the trip?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:22

LordDowlais wrote:I detect the same chest thumping on here as we had prior to Wales V Ireland in the world cup and we all know what happened there, this game will be a lot closer than people are predicting. Ale

I wasn't actually serious Lord. I was always more confident of beating Ulster in HC final, than I was beating Ospreys the week after. The scoreline in the Ospreys Munster game speaks for itself. If they bring that form and Leinster bring their HC final form it's anyone's game.

And there is more pressure on us than there is on the Ospreys.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by mankiaow Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:39

Gibson wrote:I said, very quietly mind, that we would beat Ulster by 20+ in the HC Final. It happened.

I am now saying, that we will get the best display ever, from an unfettered Leinster side on Sunday. We will anihilate a very strong O's
The fans who could not make Twickers, are in for a treat. As are all rugby-porno loving fans the World over.

I am not being disrespectful. I really believe it will happen.

Leinster by 25. And lots of wet seats.

OK

mankiaow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:50

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Gibson wrote:It will probably be the kick of a ball between us. O's just hammered Munster. Not hard these days, but impressive all the same.

So you making the trip?

Nah mate. Im in Laandahn naaw, innit bruv.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 25 May 2012 - 19:51

Have you seen the Olympic stadium Gibbo? It's mighty impressive. leinster should win and could do it by more than 10 but it will likely have a score in it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 May 2012 - 21:28

rodders wrote:

Is he still around?

I think Murray has been awful this season, even TOL has been better in recent months... yes I did say TOL, so 4th best isn't far off the mark.

Never understand why he was picked in the first place given that Reddan has been in the form of his life.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 26 May 2012 - 1:09

Leinster have the most impressive back two in Chilli and Ferg. Aesthetically speaking that is Wink. Unfortunately for Leinster this isn't Mr Universe. Nevermind lads, you've got Jedward in Eurovision, so you could still get another win to celebrate Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 26 May 2012 - 11:38

Anyone know whether the game is on TV in Italy?

Im in southern Liguria...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 26 May 2012 - 11:48

maestegmafia wrote:Anyone know whether the game is on TV in Italy?

It's seems Ospreys fans will do anything to avoid actually going to watch their side play Wink

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 26 May 2012 - 13:40

I've no idea what their rugby coverage is like over there. The match is being covered by RTÉ and S4C. Can't you find a local TV guide online or something to check or have you just said that to show off? Whistle Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 26 May 2012 - 13:43

Just a question, is it Rabbo, or RABO?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 26 May 2012 - 13:45

biltongbek wrote:Just a question, is it Rabbo, or RABO?

It's RABO(Direct Pro 12) because the sponsor is RaboDirect. I guess people just pronounce it as "Rabbo".

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 26 May 2012 - 13:45

Thanks cari.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 26 May 2012 - 18:31

sugarNspikes wrote:

It's seems Ospreys fans will do anything to avoid actually going to watch their side play Wink

Actually at a retreat for sufferers of degenerative diseases, my wife suffer from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. As her main carer now that I am retired it is hard to get to all the games I would want to. I would love to be at this one obviously, but my wife will always come first.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 26 May 2012 - 21:18

Deja vu from some of the Oirish.WC ring any bells?Twill be a close game in which home advantage may just tip the scales.Cannot wait.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next