The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

+74
thebluesmancometh
Higher_Ground
Luckless Pedestrian
mckay1402
Hound_of_Harrow
yappysnap
Standulstermen
Glas a du
tecphobe
HammerofThunor
CurlyOsp
Comfort
Seagultaf
doctor_grey
Rory_Gallagher
Steffan
3rdGrandslamCame
Scoped
Knowsit17
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
MarcusHalberstram
JayMaster3000
slartibartfast
wonder_man
Cymroglan
whocares
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Morgannwg
wales606
idris
sheephead
ieuan
Casartelli
Golden
GLove39
Artful_Dodger
Taffineastbourne
Biltong
sugarNspikes
GunsGerms
mankiaow
eirebilly
Gibson
asoreleftshoulder
red_stag
Thomond
magicsponge
munkian
pontylad
Welshmushroom
RubyGuby
Pete330v2
Intotouch
Shifty
HERSH
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Cari
LondonTiger
SecretFly
Pot Hale
Feckless Rogue
maestegmafia
BoyneRFC
pete (buachaill on eirne)
ScarletSpiderman
geoff998rugby
mrzimmerman
Breadvan
gowales
Jenifer McLadyboy
Mickado
rodders
LordDowlais
78 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

How do you think it will go ?

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 28 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 34 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 36 ]
Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 105

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Empty Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by LordDowlais Mon 14 May 2012, 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Right, now, we know the teams, we know the venue, how do we think this one will pan out ? Although there is less at stake, I think that this game will be a lot better than HC final, and with Leinster having home advantage, it is hard to look past a Leinster win, but the Ospreys have been to the RDS this season and won so they will not fear going to Dublin, also Tandy has come in and breathed fresh air into the squad, but I still think Leinster will win but it will be very close, probably just a score in it. So I am going for Leinster by 3pts. Sad

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney 14: Fergus McFadden 13: Brian O'Driscoll 12: Gordon D'Arcy 11: Isa Nacewa 10: Jonathan Sexton 9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe 2: Sean Cronin 3: Mike Ross 4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN 5: Devin Toner 6: Kevin McLaughlin 7: Shane Jennings 8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss 17: Cian Healy/Jack McGrath 18: Nathan White 19: Brad Thorn 20: Dominic Ryan 21: John Cooney 22: Ian Madigan 23: David Kearney

OSPREYS:

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman
Replacements:
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Kahn Fotuali'i
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Tom Isaacs[/quote]

Last edited by LordDowlais on Sun 27 May 2012, 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by Mickado Tue 22 May 2012, 1:56 pm

Sorry Pete, never heard of the place. Is it near the city center?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included)

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 22 May 2012, 2:25 pm

Wow- has it just sold out? I got a ticket for me auld Dad yesterday and I must say it did appear to be the last one in the stand !!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Rabbo Pro 12 Final thread(Teams included) - Page 2 Empty Leinster v Ospreys - Final

Post by RubyGuby Wed 23 May 2012, 1:02 pm

This looks an absolute cracker and I can't wait for Sunday at 4 pm. I'd be interested in your thoughts on how this game will go. I've a feeling it will be better than the HC Final and of course a lot closer - if Leinster can hang in there Cool thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 23 May 2012, 5:13 pm

You might have to merge this post with mine. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 24 May 2012, 8:46 am

There's nothing like build up to a big match is there? And this is NOTHING like build up to a big match?

Is having the final to the domestic season after the final to the ERC kind of like having a chicken chat starter after your vindaloo main?

Shoot me down if i'm wrong (at least that'll get us talking about it anyway!)

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 9:01 am

Good point George, i think the season would be better if the European cup was the last game, like in soccer ball.

Still, I'm really looking forward to this one, it's sold out and I didn't make it to London. A good few Leinster players were back in training last Sunday for this, make no mistake we let all the good work in the league this season go to waste. Have the O's got any injury concerns?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 24 May 2012, 9:08 am

None that i'm aware of. Suspect we'll have the same starting line up as the Munster game. I hear that Leinster have already sold 11500 season tickets for next season? that's impressive. Hopefully we wont destroy you to such an extent that they will demand refunds! Haha. Only kidding. Hoping for victory but expecting a good performance from us. Should be a great game.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 9:14 am

Yeah, we sold out of ST’s last year so with the HC at least in the bag I think we can expect to do the same this year, hopefully we will have a couple more sellouts during the season, but attendances have been fairly good this year. 15k average or there abouts.

Our only new injury is Isaac Boss, so I would expect this 23 to be picked but I’m guessing on who’s going to start and who’s going to bench.

VDM – Strauss – Ross
Toner – Thorn
O’Brien – Heaslip – Jennings
Reddan – Sexton
Nacewa – Darcy – O’Driscoll – McFadden
R.Kearney

Cronin – Healy – White – Cullen – McLaughlin – Cooney – Madigan – D.Kearney

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Thu 24 May 2012, 9:16 am

Leinster made mistakes last year - they wont make the same mistakes this year.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 24 May 2012, 9:34 am

I dont think motivation will be a problem for either Leinster or Ospreys.

Cant wait for this game!! Should be a cracker. So many good match ups. Tipuric is just outstanding at the moment and the backrow clashes on the weekend should be immense.

I have to say in the front 5 I think the Ospreys may have the edge on Leinster, only just. They have been in great form the last few weeks.

Leinster are no doubt favourites for this match given the sheer quality of their team and HC success. That said if there is one bogey side Leinster have its the Ospreys.

Ospreys by a narrow score to snatch the cup.

Either way though this should be a great game and I'm just happy to see the Ospreys finally start to play rugby like I always thought they could. Tandy has made a massive difference even though he has only simplified things for the players by allowing them to play heads up rugby in attack.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 9:37 am

This will be a cracker. Ospreys are in fantastic form and it will take a monumental effort from Leinster to do the double I think.

However I think Leinster really want this bad, they aren't satisfied with just the HEC, so I'm backing them to go to the well once more and beat a very strong and dangerous Ospreys side.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 24 May 2012, 9:39 am

Sorry Dowlais didn't know there was one out there thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 24 May 2012, 9:56 am

Found it

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by pontylad Thu 24 May 2012, 10:01 am

Leinster at home and burning for the double after blowing it last year should be favourites and I's go for a win for them by a score .

However the Ospreys front five seem to be in form to match just about any NH non international side at the moment and with a blistering back three and having done the double over Leinster already clearly have the game to upset them so I'm half convincing myself the other way.

Good one to scrub the barbeque off afternoon in the garden a few cans and settle down for methinks.

pontylad

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 24 May 2012, 10:04 am

This looks an absolute cracker and I can't wait for Sunday at 4 pm. I've a feeling it will be better than the HC Final and of course a lot closer - if Leinster can hang in there Whistle thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 10:07 am

Not sure the O’s scrum will dominate. Didn’t James and Jones start against Ireland in the 6nations? There was at best parity in the scrums that day. The last time we played the Ospreys our scrum was in serious trouble, but Ross and Hagan were injured and we played a very inexperienced loosehead at tighthead. And they only won by a point.

This time round we’ll have White and Healy or VDM on the bench, so our scrummaging will be fine no matter what front row combo we play.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:13 am

I think the Ospreys will give Leinster a much tougher fight than Ulster, they'll punish them physically and steal more turnover ball. BUT, I think Leinster will hold out and win, but it will be close.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 10:16 am

Go Ospreys Yahoo
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 10:22 am

munkian wrote:I think the Ospreys will give Leinster a much tougher fight than Ulster

I think this will be closer than the HEC final but mainly because I don't think Leinster will be able to replicate the performance they produced last weekend. Ulster pushed them a lot closer than the scoreline suggests but they were just ruthlessly clinical and took every point on offer whereas Ulster weren't able to take enough of their chances.

The question for me is can Leinster pull out a win here even if they are not 100%? I think they can but it will be very close. Either side could win this.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:25 am

Hmmmm.... didn't seem that one coming... Erm

Healey is a great forward, I suspect he'd like to be a back row player. Is he a decent scrumager though ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 24 May 2012, 10:28 am

Mickado wrote:Not sure the O’s scrum will dominate. Didn’t James and Jones start against Ireland in the 6nations? There was at best parity in the scrums that day. The last time we played the Ospreys our scrum was in serious trouble, but Ross and Hagan were injured and we played a very inexperienced loosehead at tighthead. And they only won by a point.

This time round we’ll have White and Healy or VDM on the bench, so our scrummaging will be fine no matter what front row combo we play.

Paul James didn't play that game it was the young and inexperienced Rhys Gill. thumbsup

Last edited by LordDowlais on Thu 24 May 2012, 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:29 am

rodders wrote:
munkian wrote:I think the Ospreys will give Leinster a much tougher fight than Ulster

I think this will be closer than the HEC final but mainly because I don't think Leinster will be able to replicate the performance they produced last weekend. Ulster pushed them a lot closer than the scoreline suggests but they were just ruthlessly clinical and took every point on offer whereas Ulster weren't able to take enough of their chances.

The question for me is can Leinster pull out a win here even if they are not 100%? I think they can but it will be very close. Either side could win this.

Sorry, I meant no disrespect to Ulster. I thought Ulster were goign to really push Leinster to begin with but as you said, Leisnter were very clinical. Ospreys have are a very physical side and have a weeks rest. They also have a very good ball stealer in Tipuric.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 10:34 am

Munkian guinness OK ... this is a very good Ospreys side so you have every reason to be optimistic.

Last season showed how hard it is to do the double but I think this Leinster side is much stronger than last years and they have the 8 day turn around. Ospreys are in a rich vain of form, will be fresher, and look to have tremendous team spirit so this is very hard to call! Can't wait Very Happy .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:41 am

I'll be in Dublin for it, visiting girlfriend's relatives, hopefuly more than a couple of them will want to watch it too guinness OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 10:41 am

munkian wrote:Hmmmm.... didn't seem that one coming... Erm

Healey is a great forward, I suspect he'd like to be a back row player. Is he a decent scrumager though ?

For his try against Ulster, he won us a scrum turnover 2 phases before hand. And he was up against John Afoa.

Lord - fair enough, forgot Gill started. Still don't think the O's are going to have dominance in the scrum.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:43 am

Mickado wrote:

For his try against Ulster, he won us a scrum turnover 2 phases before hand. And he was up against John Afoa.

Lord - fair enough, forgot Gill started. Still don't think the O's are going to have dominance in the scrum.

Whose the ref ? Whistle Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 24 May 2012, 10:48 am

munkian wrote:I'll be in Dublin for it, visiting girlfriend's relatives, hopefuly more than a couple of them will want to watch it too guinness OK

Have a good one guinness . I'll be backing my Leinster muckers even though the shoitehawks beat us last week ( furious ) but I think this Ospreys side will be winning some Silverware in the near future, maybe on Sunday. The way they demolished Munster was frightening and they've had a strong league campaign. If theres one Rabo team that have a shot here it's the Ospreys.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 10:51 am

munkian wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Poite.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 24 May 2012, 10:53 am

Is it a contradiction to say that I think the O's will have the upper hand in the scrum but wont dominate? That's how I see it.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 10:55 am

Mickado wrote:
munkian wrote:
Mickado wrote:

Poite.

Although I was joking, I don't know if Poite is good for either team.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 24 May 2012, 11:02 am

He’ll benefit the team that likes to scrummage illegally.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 24 May 2012, 11:16 am

No comment Run
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 11:22 am

Go Ospreys Wales
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 24 May 2012, 11:27 am

There!

Now you all see the evidence. Leinster winning yet again HAS done the world some good. Hersh rooting for a Welsh side.... now that has to be applauded as Leinster working in divine ways for the betterment of humanity.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 11:29 am

I'll tell you what if the Ospreys win I'll buy one of their lovely shirts. Wales
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 24 May 2012, 11:33 am

SecretFly wrote:There!

Now you all see the evidence. Leinster winning yet again HAS done the world some good. Hersh rooting for a Welsh side.... now that has to be applauded as Leinster working in divine ways for the betterment of humanity.....

Yahoo The poor lad is in danger of developing schizophrenia Erm

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 24 May 2012, 12:39 pm

On the pro12 website Tandy states there is 1 injury/fitness concern for the game. A player involved in the match day 23 apparantly but he doesn't want to disclose who. I started think who the worst case scenario is but ended up with about 10 players! Teams and everything will be announced tomorrow so we'll have to see then.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/14126.php

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 24 May 2012, 1:40 pm

georgestowersbiceps wrote:Is it a contradiction to say that I think the O's will have the upper hand in the scrum but wont dominate? That's how I see it.

Thats a fair point. To be honest the scrum will come down to how the ref interprets it. Total Lotto these days. In the tight 5 though I think Ospreys will still provide better go forward ball.

But the real battle will be can the Ospreys backrow secure the ball quickly that the front 5 provide. Leinster have an outstanding backrow no question about that. Tipuric identified this earlier in the week. On the plus side Tipuric is out of this World, Ryan Jones is playing probably his best rugby at the minute sine the famous Lions series in New Zealand. Bearman will have to play the game of his life though.

Line defence for both sides is outstanding so any slow ball wont be able to be attacked from unless we see some magic. There is no question both backlines will create under current form if they get quick ball so both sides are likely to focus on slowing down where they can.

Leinster remind me of the All Blacks in the way they are converting ruthlessly whereas the Ospreys are devastating at the moment at using turnover ball.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 24 May 2012, 1:44 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
georgestowersbiceps wrote:Is it a contradiction to say that I think the O's will have the upper hand in the scrum but wont dominate? That's how I see it.

Thats a fair point. To be honest the scrum will come down to how the ref interprets it. Total Lotto these days. In the tight 5 though I think Ospreys will still provide better go forward ball.

But the real battle will be can the Ospreys backrow secure the ball quickly that the front 5 provide. Leinster have an outstanding backrow no question about that. Tipuric identified this earlier in the week. On the plus side Tipuric is out of this World, Ryan Jones is playing probably his best rugby at the minute sine the famous Lions series in New Zealand. Bearman will have to play the game of his life though.

Line defence for both sides is outstanding so any slow ball wont be able to be attacked from unless we see some magic. There is no question both backlines will create under current form if they get quick ball so both sides are likely to focus on slowing down where they can.

Leinster remind me of the All Blacks in the way they are converting ruthlessly whereas the Ospreys are devastating at the moment at using turnover ball.

Very well said. Was 70% looking forward to the game but after reading that i'm at about 99%. I'm hungry see so the 1% belongs to food.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by magicsponge Thu 24 May 2012, 9:20 pm

I have a terrible feeling the injured player might be Adam Jones- he's been struggling with his ankle in the last two games. Losing Adam will take our one area of supremacy

magicsponge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012, 8:15 am

O'Brien and Healy are out of the final. Both still in contention for the Irish tour but looking pretty certain to miss this match. VDM and Jennings will start, our scrum is arguabley stronger with Hank in there but we're losing 2 big ball carriers.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 25 May 2012, 8:44 am

Mickado wrote:O'Brien and Healy are out of the final. Both still in contention for the Irish tour but looking pretty certain to miss this match. VDM and Jennings will start, our scrum is arguabley stronger with Hank in there but we're losing 2 big ball carriers.

No SOB? Thank fudge for that. Big fan of his but only when he's not playing against my team!

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 25 May 2012, 9:30 am

Rats. Even if they'd been on the bench that would have been a huge boost!

What's wrong with them Mick?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012, 9:59 am

O'Brien, Man of the Match in Leinster's Heineken Cup final triumph over Ulster, is understood to have undergone emergency surgery after injuring his knee. It looks set to rule the Tullow flanker out of today's team announcement to face the Welsh side, while Ireland will be hoping O'Brien can make as swift a recovery as team-mate Brian O'Driscoll, who underwent a similar operation eight days before playing a crucial role in that Twickenham victory.

Meanwhile, loose-head prop Healy is believed to have sustained a leg injury which should see South African Heinke van der Merwe come into the front-row.

Here's the link Pete.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/Rabodirect-PRO12/double-blow-for-leinster-as-obrien-and-healy-in-doubt-for-final-3118567.html

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012, 10:05 am

Its a shame that both sides are likely to have some injuries, hopefully it wont detract from what promises to be an absolute cracker between the 2 best teams in the Rabo. Leinster have the edge in the backs and out wide for me but this O's team is now only starting to develop and this will be a good measure of where they are. For me Sexton holds the key here as his game management is generally very good, however I know no one in Ireland is udnerestiamting the Ospreys who appear to have gone back to basic welsh traditional values without the galacticos. They now look a team, organised and exciting to watch with a great pack. Can't wait and may the best team win of course thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 25 May 2012, 10:13 am

Nice to see a team not playing well, getting rid of the toxic personalities and then start playing hard and honest rugby for each other without taking up column inches.

Good stuff Ospreys
clap

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 25 May 2012, 12:06 pm

Goliath team announced
LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney 14: Fergus McFadden 13: Brian O'Driscoll 12: Gordon D'Arcy 11: Isa Nacewa 10: Jonathan Sexton 9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe 2: Sean Cronin 3: Mike Ross 4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN 5: Devin Toner 6: Kevin McLaughlin 7: Shane Jennings 8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss 17: Cian Healy/Jack McGrath 18: Nathan White 19: Brad Thorn 20: Dominic Ryan 21: John Cooney 22: Ian Madigan 23: David Kearney

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 25 May 2012, 12:16 pm

Lovely stuff.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 25 May 2012, 12:21 pm

Great Leinster side with only 2 real weaknesses in Reddan and Toner - Great backline from 10 onwards thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 25 May 2012, 12:25 pm

And David;
15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb
1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman
Replacements:
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Kahn Fotuali'i
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Tom Isaacs

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next