The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

+28
Portnoy
Dave.
Thomond
perthshirepuma
Glas a du
Cari
Rory_Gallagher
Ozzy3213
Biltong
Irish Londoner
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
MrsP
prop_lyd
WillyGilly
Rava
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
Notch
red_stag
Gibson
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
eirebilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 7 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chin chin and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has arrived in London this week for the Heineken Cup final so has stocked up on cucumber sandwiches ( vomit - KRD ) and Pimms.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson (the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award), Nigel Owens the HEC final referee or Adam Powell (captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the Welsh club final on Friday). The CCTV snaps of Prop_Lyd and the other Cardiff Saracens players on tour in Croatia are fair game though.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28922p950-barrel-s-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-restaurant-luderitz#1218292

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 25 May 2012, 7:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by WillyGilly Fri 18 May 2012, 2:10 pm

rodders wrote:Aye the 17th one was a draw! Shocked Cry .....

Advantage Ulster....

I was at said draw. 6 all it finished and the rain pished down all night. That was a horrible match.

Also why has Notch got me down as starting tomorrow. I have a bad leg!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham - Page 7 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual HEC Final Rugby Pub, Twickenham

Post by MrsP Fri 18 May 2012, 2:15 pm

I'm talking about us whooping them at Ravenhill 2 years ago!

Draw?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Ah forgot about that.... I'm thinking about the draw in 2006....

Wow our record is better than I thought!

Advantage Ulster! Yahoo
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 18 May 2012, 2:22 pm

That was 2006? Frig I'm old...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 2:42 pm

Or was it 2007..... the years all run into each other when you get to my age Willy...... Smile ....I remember it was raining though.......
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 2:45 pm

No it was 06 because the return game was the last game at the old Lansdowne, new years day 07?...... chin .... or am I talking nonsence aaaagain.......
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 18 May 2012, 2:49 pm

Last time you beat us was Ravenhill in April (ish) 2010.

We got a LBP so I’m not sure it was a “whooping” .

But this one surely was…

http://www.espnscrum.com/celticleague-2010-11/rugby/match/119962.html

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 3:08 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Good side.

Morning all. Wish I was coming up tonight so much. Still, only 24 hours to go.

Personally I think playing a centre on the wing and an open side at 7 when you have two decent exponents of those positions on the bench is overly conservative and weakens the side

McFadden on the wing isn't so bad. I don't like SOB at 7, but there we go. Sure Jenno will come on and make an impact for his pal Gibbo again.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 3:22 pm

tic- toc tic- toc tic- toc

guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness Yahoo
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 18 May 2012, 3:27 pm

I'm outta here in 4 mins folks. have a great weekend.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 18 May 2012, 3:30 pm

ALLEZ LES VERTS

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 18 May 2012, 3:33 pm

MrsP wrote:ALLEZ LES VERTS

Oooh, Springbok green there Mrs P Wink

Run
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 3:37 pm

Interesting odds have lengthened on Ulster to 5/1 from 10/3...... must be a lot of bets going on Leinster.....

Advantage Ulster.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Actually you're wrong there Kiwi. Ulster will be debuting their new green European shirt at the weekend. You see, studies have shown that exposure to green-dyed fabrics of any type decreases the performance of key Leinster players like Jonathan Sexton, Gordon D'Arcy and Sean O'Brien by up to 50%. It is unknown why the pigment causes such a pronounced 'hero to zero' effect in Leinsters Irish international contingent but Ulster aim to exploit this weakness as much as possible. Modern rugby eh? Anything to gain an edge!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 18 May 2012, 3:45 pm

Notch wrote:Actually you're wrong there Kiwi. Ulster will be debuting their new green European shirt at the weekend. You see, studies have shown that exposure to green-dyed fabrics of any type decreases the performance of key Leinster players like Jonathan Sexton, Gordon D'Arcy and Sean O'Brien by up to 50%. It is unknown why the pigment causes such a pronounced 'hero to zero' effect in Leinsters Irish international contingent but Ulster aim to exploit this weakness as much as possible. Modern rugby eh? Anything to gain an edge!

Laugh

Advantage Ulster Wink

For the sake of the quality of the match I hope the refs aren't wearing all black Whistle Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 3:49 pm

I don't know if thats a good idea Notch.... stick Paddy Wallace in a green shirt and he'll think hes on the bench ........ Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 18 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Just at Twickenham station waiting for the auld fellas to arrive. Judging by shirts there are going to be many rugby clubs represented this evening.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 7:36 pm

Tough one to call tonight.

Jonny Wilkinson, legend of the game that he is, has had not much to shout about in terms of club silverware. It would be lovely to see him land a Cup.

And I really do want to see a reunion between Ulster and our old rivals Stade Francais next year. If Toulon wins this trophy, then thats still possible.

But I've still never really warmed to Toulon either. And Dmitri Yachvilli is one of my favourite ever players.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 7:40 pm

What time's your flight tomorrow Notch?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 7:45 pm

8.50 from Belfast City. Early enough start I suppose.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Stansted? We're a bit earlier I think 8.15. Have a good one! Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 7:48 pm

To Heathrow. I'll see you in Richmond man. It's going to be an experience.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Yup we'll be there, can't wait it will be surreal! Amazing!

Not sure if I'm more excited about the game or meeting Gibbo.... Whistle

Gotta go chat later! SUFTUM! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 18 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Ponty fans are exceptional. Good old fashioned rugby fans.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Glas a du wrote:Ponty fans are exceptional. Good old fashioned rugby fans.

I didn't think they were that good at the Millennium, but then I guess they were probably spread apart a bit.

I'm getting the train an hour earlier by the looks now. Can't wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 18 May 2012, 8:24 pm

They must be allergic to Cardiff or something.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 8:30 pm

laughing

Yeah fair comment that

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Wayne Barnes just choked on a clear straight red card for a spear tackle in the Amlin final. Rules are rules.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 9:08 pm

Did he? I take it that's the offence that got yellow though? I am watching the Rugby League.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 18 May 2012, 9:09 pm

The ref in Ponty is excellent.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 9:11 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Did he? I take it that's the offence that got yellow though? I am watching the Rugby League.

It did, yeah. Hayman to the bin. It's the only really notable thing to happen in the game.

Toulon are down to 13 now! Can BO go for the jugular? Five yards out, beneath the posts and If they go for the scrum Toulon only have six forwards on the pitch... but of course Yachvilli will take the points. Of course.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 18 May 2012, 9:14 pm

He's just red carded a Ponty player. Less than 10 minutes to go and he could have gone yellow, but it was the right call. Gutsy reffing. Excellent display.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 9:15 pm

Ah balls, just flicked onto the Amlin game and just missed a Huddersfield try. Thank feck for replays. This is a pretty decent game considering the weather. Hope Twickenham is dryish tomorrow, as I am not taking a coat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 9:29 pm

Phenomenal drop goal from Jonny Wilkinson to make it 18-18.

Biarritz had 15 vs 13, penalty in front of the posts just a few yards out. Toulon missing their tighthead and flanker. So not only did they have a two man disadvantage, they would have had to take off someone to bring in another prop.

Why they didn't take the scrum... sometimes you just need to be bold. Now they look rattled. They're doing some stupid things, throwing some stupid passes and offloads.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 9:34 pm

This has been a disappointing game. Not just because it's not been open. Just riddled with mistakes, and will be decided by indiscipline.

Oho! Yachvilli just got away with blue murder Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 May 2012, 9:50 pm

Dmitri Yachvilli take a bow. Seven penalties and a Neil Back Special! He actually did play so well. His unpunished foul on Tillous-Borde is probably going to be the main talking point but he was superb.

That was a poor, poor final. But nevertheless, Congratulations Biarritz!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 18 May 2012, 9:55 pm

Enjoy the game/weekend everyone! Best of luck to both teams, especially Ulster. Very Happy

SUFTU!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 18 May 2012, 9:57 pm

Evening all

Had a grand early evening with some of the gang in Twickenham. Great to see old friends again, it's been too long with some, and fantastic to finally meet Rava and dreamer.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 10:02 pm

Glad you had a good evening Ozzy.

Wigan just won 32-12 in the battle of the top two in Super League. Really suffocated Huddersfield in the second half.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 10:16 pm

Good man Rory! Enjoy the game pal! OK guinness

Feic I wish I was in London...can't wait until tomorrow! Yahoo
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 18 May 2012, 10:20 pm

Triple header for me. Hammy Stead to meet the regs earlier; welcome aboard our island - again. Then onto Marylebone for the Amlin final (did the wingers get a pass?).

Now back in my local for one of me goodest pal's birthday.

I really need my pit.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 18 May 2012, 10:36 pm

I enjoy watching a bit of Super League Rev, but don't really keep up with who is where and which teams are best. Always like St Helens though, how are they doing this season?

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 10:50 pm

6th I think. Wigan beat them in the challenge cup quarters last week. I was a bit of a Wigan fan, but now follow Leeds a bit since I heard I had a relative who played for them way back (cross code international Cornelius Murphy).

Going to try sleeping. See a few of you tomorrow. Come on Nigel Owens Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 10:54 pm

He also played for Crosskeys too, but I'd kept an eye out for them before I knew that. Anyway nos da.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 10:57 pm

Shaggy on the Late show for Irish regs.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 18 May 2012, 11:02 pm

Penfro assured me earlier that Nigel will not make one mistake whilst refereeing tomorrow!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 May 2012, 11:06 pm

I hope he doesn't. Obviously Wayne Barnes will be mentioned after tonight's game by the sounds of it. Don't want Nigel to have to suffer that too.

Anyway, Rev out.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 18 May 2012, 11:07 pm

Rodders lad get to bed! T'is like Xmas eve isn't it! Suftum!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 18 May 2012, 11:12 pm

Need a few more RedWine Willy!

You heading over?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 18 May 2012, 11:25 pm

Nah lad I've 3 years of uni to pay off I can't be jetting off around the globe on a whim. Taphouse, bot or laverys for me.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next