The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

+26
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
WillyGilly
Biltong
Thomond
PenfroPete
Rory_Gallagher
Cari
MrsP
Glas a du
PJHolybloke
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
littleswannygirl
Notch
Suspicious lurker
red_stag
eirebilly
prop_lyd
Rava
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 20 Empty Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has stayed in Africa this week as part of its build up to the Heineken Cup final, and attached itself to Barrels restaurant in Luderitz, Namibia, known for its beer, Eisbein and sing-a-longs.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Simon Danielli, Federico Aramburu and the possibly Auckland-bound Joe Schmidt.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28543p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dar-es-salaam#1202251

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 20 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 9:26 am

ah ok, didn't know that Glas, diolch. That's me pretty much guaranteed to like it then.

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 20 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Glas a du Wed 16 May 2012, 9:27 am

Rava wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Mickado wrote:Pete, people have posted links to a picture about. It's a Heineken banner that says "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - 2012"

In fairness Mick it has a good chance of being accurate, about a 10% chance but a chance none the less Smile

Pete, surely it was already 66.67% accurate ... Run

No 50%. Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 16 May 2012, 9:27 am

Rava wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:
Mickado wrote:Pete, people have posted links to a picture about. It's a Heineken banner that says "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - 2012"

In fairness Mick it has a good chance of being accurate, about a 10% chance but a chance none the less Smile

Pete, surely it was already 66.67% accurate ... Run

True Rava, maybe it should have said "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - ......2012??" Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 9:27 am

Glas a du wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Savour your last day, Dreamer. It's always strange when you leave a job, to think that you're seeing for the last time a place and people you usually see every day, but make sure you take a memory video of it.

Aye I will Lucky, although there might be some careful editing to block some people out Whistle

Osprey supporters? Scottish refs? Munsterites?

worse then that censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 16 May 2012, 9:28 am

Yes PScott, with Velcro behind the question mark!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 16 May 2012, 9:35 am

Why would dreamer want to block out Munsterites? We are quality people...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 9:38 am

Munsterites or Munsterians?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 16 May 2012, 9:39 am

Bogtrotters works as well Lucky Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 16 May 2012, 9:45 am

How would that differentiate from the other non Leinster provinces?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 9:49 am

Morning all, lovely & sunny here Smile

For those flying into Stansted Saturday (Rodders?), the @£$%^& Central Line is down for engineering works this weekend, so your best bet for getting to Richmond is possibly to get off the Stansted Express at Tottenham Hale rather than Liverpool St and get the Victoria line to Vauxhall and then a train to Richmond.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 9:50 am

PS, looks like the Twickenham HEC Final Dew Drop will be going live later today, get your wall pic nominations in.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 16 May 2012, 10:02 am

Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson are the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award. Maybe that would be a good place to start!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 10:03 am

NIGEL!

Ahem.

Nigel Owens please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 10:04 am

Thanks for the heads up Kiwi! OK guinness

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 10:06 am

Notch wrote:Ruan Pienaar, Stephen Ferris, Jonathon Sexton, Rob Kearney and Jonny Wilkinson are the five nominees for the ERC Player of the Year award. Maybe that would be a good place to start!

Players playing this weekend should be exempt. I suggest a photo of the entire Dragons squad. Sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 16 May 2012, 10:07 am

Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 10:08 am

Oo can we have a pic of Adam Powell, captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the final on Friday as well please (yes Friday, not Saturday you utterly incorrect WRU website) (I also don't know why I'm asking as I can just edit it in myself Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 16 May 2012, 10:09 am

rodders wrote:Thanks for the heads up Kiwi! OK guinness

No worries. Make sure you pick up Oyster Cards (or zones 1-6 travel cards) when you change at Tottenham Hale.

I did a check on www.TFL.org.uk, and the alternate routes from Liverpool St involve either a bus from Liverpool St to Waterloo for the overland (shudder) or a combination of Circle and District lines from Liverpool St to Richmond (ick)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 10:12 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Oo can we have a pic of Adam Powell, captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the final on Friday as well please (yes Friday, not Saturday you utterly incorrect WRU website) (I also don't know why I'm asking as I can just edit it in myself Wink )

Surely people would be giving out if the WRU scheduled a domestic final on the day of the Heineken Cup Final.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 16 May 2012, 10:13 am

red_stag wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Oo can we have a pic of Adam Powell, captain of Llanelli RFC who are playing Ponty in the final on Friday as well please (yes Friday, not Saturday you utterly incorrect WRU website) (I also don't know why I'm asking as I can just edit it in myself Wink )

Surely people would be giving out if the WRU scheduled a domestic final on the day of the Heineken Cup Final.

laughing

You are a rascal Stag!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 10:27 am

Im not being a rascal MrsP.

Its common sense. Why would they schedule a final to clash with the ERC Final. It will hurt viewers and attendances as many will be on the way to London.

Have it Friday night instead. A good move.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 16 May 2012, 10:31 am

Any chance of the Sarries in Croatia getting a photo or our own portal?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 10:55 am

Great stuff Kiwi thanks guinness ..... not used to this big city lifestyle and public transport options..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 16 May 2012, 11:05 am

You watch yerself over there with all them Cosmo Metro whatsit boyos Rodders!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 11:10 am

Sage advice Mrs P, there'll be plenty of Dubliners around! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 16 May 2012, 11:14 am

Indeed Lucky!

I hear it's not just the cider that's tricky in them thar parts!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 11:19 am

Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew here.... good job the GF is from England...I'd be like Crocodile dundee over there...... Shocked
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 16 May 2012, 11:40 am

I don't about crocodiles Rodders but there's plenty of sharks about!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 16 May 2012, 12:24 pm

PM for Penfro.
thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Wed 16 May 2012, 12:36 pm

Woopee! Just bought 2 tickets for next year's finals in Dubh Linn! C'mon, Leinster - three in a row Yahoo (Erm, that's 3 finals in a row, Ulster friends - I'm not dissing your team) And Himself is going too Yahoo

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 12:45 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Himself is going too Yahoo

Jesus? Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 12:51 pm

One for the Munster boys:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/mcgahan-munster-must-decide-between-limerick-or-cork-base-to-have-chance-at-glory-3109003.html
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 16 May 2012, 12:52 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Woopee! Just bought 2 tickets for next year's finals in Dubh Linn! C'mon, Leinster - three in a row Yahoo (Erm, that's 3 finals in a row, Ulster friends - I'm not dissing your team) And Himself is going too Yahoo
I'm impressed that you've managed to drag him away from the hotel, Puma clap

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 12:54 pm

rodders wrote:One for the Munster boys:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/mcgahan-munster-must-decide-between-limerick-or-cork-base-to-have-chance-at-glory-3109003.html

I'd be inclined to agree personally. I know Penney has said reviewing that will be one of his first things to do when he arrives. He said though that he is open to keeping it going.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 12:57 pm

4hrs to go Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Jeebus Felix Jones out for 4 months again... that guy has no luck!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 1:13 pm

ah no really? Worrying for him he's getting so many long term injuries so early on in his career. Guess the only good thing is at least it's in the off season, so if he gets himself fit he shouldn't miss too much of next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 1:15 pm

Shoulder surgery I think. He'll miss the summer tour.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 16 May 2012, 1:15 pm

Bloody ridiculous!

Why didn't they just fill in 2013 as well? No foresight these people. Must be Nortsoide skobies.

Really don't like some of the band-wagoners we've picked up - in all seriousness. But, as Rav said, we will both have them at the Final. It comes with our joint success. Let's put them in their place when & where we find them yeah?

It's taken years to build up our good name and just seconds for a few gobshoites to try and ruin it.

G'day all btw. I see Scotty is back. Good man Scotty! Hope it all works out well for you bud. Good comes to good. Hug

Christian must be near ready to take you on at this stage pal.

Last edited by Gibson on Wed 16 May 2012, 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 1:16 pm

That many long term injuries have to do serious damage to ones psychological strenght.

I really fear for him in the future.

I found him fairly poor when he came back for Munster this year.

I think that he could well be looking at being third choice #15 unless we move Denis Hurley to the wing.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 16 May 2012, 1:19 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:NIGEL!

Ahem.

Nigel Owens please Smile

+10

Delighted he's reffing the Final. Love Nige. In a manly way of course...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Stag he was a shadow of himself this year. Missed a lot of tackles, unsure under the high ball and lacked zip in attack. Looked nothing like the guy who almost went to the RWC as 1st choice 15.

He's had so many bad injuries, you have to feel for him.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed 16 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Hiya Mr Gibbo, it's good to finally catch you online during the few hours of sunlight you nighthawk you.
If you don't like your band-wagoners you should see ours, they wear bowler hats when not at rugby matches Smile

Life's all good Gibbo and you couldn't be more accurate, the 'wee man' is frickin huge and freakishly strong. He doesn't take prisoners at play time I can tell you.
With me back online there's still a chance I can buy you that pint I always promised you. I might just have to visit the Dam during my long recovery Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 16 May 2012, 1:26 pm

beer at lunch time? it must be friday, or i'm off work.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 1:26 pm

rodders wrote:Stag he was a shadow of himself this year. Missed a lot of tackles, unsure under the high ball and lacked zip in attack. Looked nothing like the guy who almost went to the RWC as 1st choice 15.

Yes its a massive pity. We have had the same with so many players over last few years. Guys who developed long term injuries they could never shake off.

Ian Dowling, Barry Murphy, Jerry Flannery, Felix Jones and I would say that O'Connell is coming into this category.

I think our medical team needs to think about the quality of its rehabilitation.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 1:28 pm

Rav, I got what you meant aye Smile

Lucky, I'll wear my Dragons shirt and raise a babycham for you then. Would love to get a refs shirt for the weekend though to fully support our Nige.

Sacked work off for the afternoon. Going to the gym instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 16 May 2012, 1:31 pm

Maybe Stag.... in O'Connells case he's maybe just been overused...or maybe its just a by product of the way he plays... He, Wallace and Flannery have had long hard careers but there is a pattern there in a few of the younger guys retiring early.

Hopefully Jones isn't another.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 16 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Ah great stuff Pete. Love to see the little big fella's pic in the FB Pub. Sure put him in his Ulster shirt and lets be seein him. He may be your lucky mascot. Cool

Ye are very welcome to come over and see us bud. Always. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 16 May 2012, 1:38 pm

red_stag wrote:
rodders wrote:Stag he was a shadow of himself this year. Missed a lot of tackles, unsure under the high ball and lacked zip in attack. Looked nothing like the guy who almost went to the RWC as 1st choice 15.

Yes its a massive pity. We have had the same with so many players over last few years. Guys who developed long term injuries they could never shake off.

Ian Dowling, Barry Murphy, Jerry Flannery, Felix Jones and I would say that O'Connell is coming into this category.

I think our medical team needs to think about the quality of its rehabilitation.

Gutted for Felix Jones. Possibly my fav player outside Leinster. He really has not had a chance to prove himself in near 2 years now. Have such high hopes for him and I'm not going to stop believing that he wont make it. Just needs an injury-free season to do it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 16 May 2012, 1:40 pm

Afternoon all

How is everyone?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next