The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

+26
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
WillyGilly
Biltong
Thomond
PenfroPete
Rory_Gallagher
Cari
MrsP
Glas a du
PJHolybloke
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
littleswannygirl
Notch
Suspicious lurker
red_stag
eirebilly
prop_lyd
Rava
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 19 Empty Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu May 10, 2012 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has stayed in Africa this week as part of its build up to the Heineken Cup final, and attached itself to Barrels restaurant in Luderitz, Namibia, known for its beer, Eisbein and sing-a-longs.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Simon Danielli, Federico Aramburu and the possibly Auckland-bound Joe Schmidt.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28543p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dar-es-salaam#1202251

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 19 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by WillyGilly Tue May 15, 2012 11:05 pm

So Ferdinand is set to be left out of the england squad. Big mistake IMO. Terry is an almighty press liability and distraction and Lescott is an accident waiting to happen. I like Hodgson, I really do but if those 2 are in the squad he's starting on a serious bad footing. Other centre backs available? Cahill, Jones, King, Carragher? Jagielka?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 19 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Gibson Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Jackie Charlton? Bobby Moore?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 pm

Just watched Spotlight. The Quinn family are shafting the Irish tax payer big style. 100's of millions in assets are held in off shore accounts.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 am

Aww t!ts I saw the ad for that Rava was it any good? I wonder if it's up on the iplayer yet
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 am

WillyGilly wrote:So Ferdinand is set to be left out of the england squad. Big mistake IMO. Terry is an almighty press liability and distraction

Not to mention unlikeable, allegedly a racist and really slow.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 am

Morning all Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed May 16, 2012 8:08 am

Morning billy mug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 am

Moooornin all......not that there's many people here. Only the important folk of course Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 am

Pete330v2 wrote:Moooornin all......not that there's many people here. Only the important folk of course Smile

thumbsup

mug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed May 16, 2012 8:15 am

I meant you of course MrsP king

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 am

MrsP is important Pete? Shocked
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:19 am

Morning Asbo Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 am

Folking folks.

Just to let you all know, that banner has been taken down in Dublin city center, Leinster rugby and the supporters club are not best pleased with it and apparently Heineken are saying they had no knowledge that it was being put up. Looks like a publicity stunt from someone but certainly not from Leinster.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 am

Mrs P isn't important, she's essential. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

Morning has Bro-KEN!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

More law amendments on the way;

http://www.rugbymag.com/international-news/4576-irb-to-test-law-amendments-.html

Two very important ones;

1. A trial to extend the jurisdiction of the TMO to incidents within the field of play that have led to the scoring of a try and foul play in the field of play to take place at an appropriate elite competition in order that a protocol can be developed for the November 2012 Tests.

2. A trial has been sanctioned for the November 2012 Test window permitting international teams to nominate up to eight replacements in the match day squad for Test matches. In line with current practice at domestic elite Rugby level, the additional player must be a qualified front row player.

Last edited by Notch on Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am

I suppose I should say at this point how jealous I am of everyone who's going to the big Amlin / Heino wingding this weekend. If it's half as good as last year's meet, you're all in for a fantastic time.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 am

Mickado wrote:Folking folks.

Just to let you all know, that banner has been taken down in Dublin city center, Leinster rugby and the supporters club are not best pleased with it and apparently Heineken are saying they had no knowledge that it was being put up. Looks like a publicity stunt from someone but certainly not from Leinster.

The Sporting Gods don't differentiate between officialdom and loose cannon fans. Leinster is Leinster is Leinster. The damage has been done and can't be undone...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Mrs P isn't important, she's essential. Smile

She is blydi scary Wink Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 am

Glas a du wrote:

The Sporting Gods don't differentiate between officialdom and loose cannon fans. Leinster is Leinster is Leinster. The damage has been done and can't be undone...

Well i'm atheist so i don't care about the gods , sporting or otherwise (Thor aside). What I do care about is the perception of my province by people who's opinions i value.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 am

Notch wrote:More law amendments on the way;

http://www.rugbymag.com/international-news/4576-irb-to-test-law-amendments-.html

Two very important ones;

1. A trial to extend the jurisdiction of the TMO to incidents within the field of play that have led to the scoring of a try and foul play in the field of play to take place at an appropriate elite competition in order that a protocol can be developed for the November 2012 Tests.

2. A trial has been sanctioned for the November 2012 Test window permitting international teams to nominate up to eight replacements in the match day squad for Test matches. In line with current practice at domestic elite Rugby level, the additional player must be a qualified front row player.

Three words FOR Flip SAKES. Tinkering. Fiddling. Faffing. They're not fit to run a parish council.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:29 am

Mickado wrote:
Glas a du wrote:

Well i'm atheist so i don't care about the gods , sporting or otherwise (Thor aside). What I do care about is the perception of my province by people who's opinions i value.

I know.

As long as your happy it's not going to effect anything, that's all that counts. thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 am

Never thought I'd say this but it's gorgeous in Newport today!! 2 more working days then 4 off, can't blydi wait to be honest!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 am

Notch wrote:More law amendments on the way;

Two very important ones;

I like both of them.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 am

Bikkies,

Banter aside, I don't believe for one second that anyone thinks any less of the team or it's supporters because of a stupid stunt by either Heineken or a pub owner.

Hug

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 am

Glas a du wrote:
Three words FOR Flip SAKES. Tinkering. Fiddling. Faffing. They're not fit to run a parish council.

I like that they are increasing the number of front row replacements in international rugby and extending the TMOs discretion to incidents within the field of play. The other things I can take or leave, but generally feel quite positive about this tinkering.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 am

Now I'm normally well up for a bit of banter and leg pulling but that banner was fuuccckkking one of the most idiotic stunts if ever seen

Morning folks by the way

Last edited by Hoog on Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:33 am

Generally speaking of course. The pub owner I consider an idiot, but there is always one.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 am

What banner was it?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 am

https://www.606v2.com/t29222-government-on-back-foot

One for the wall (don't worry, it's not political)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 am

billy

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/529775_10150820683993963_564993962_9672899_163590639_n.jpg
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 am

Cheers mate. Thats ever so slightly dumb.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 am

It's the French word for late billy ( with an ed at the end of course Laugh )
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 am

What's this about a banner?

Morning all by the way. Nearly slept in this morning. Woke up naturally with just enough time to get ready and drive to work. Roll on Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 am

PM for Dog when he pops in for a mug

Bless 'em, still obsessed with CHARIOTS Whistle
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed May 16, 2012 8:45 am

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/529775_10150820683993963_564993962_9672899_163590639_n.jpg

Oh dear!

So Prop, is your new gaff in Newport?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 am

The top floor of that pub could use some paint as well...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 am

Morning All coffee

Lucky Hug You will be missed this weekend.

Mickado, What Mrs. P says. I have great respect for all the Leinster supporters I have met over the years. That banner won't change that. I am sure there are few who will be an embarrassment to both sets of supporters come the weekend Wink

Risca Rev wrote:What's this about a banner?

Morning all by the way. Nearly slept in this morning. Woke up naturally with just enough time to get ready and drive to work. Roll on Friday.

Rev, that is awesome planning mate. I do that all the time. Very Happy Sometimes the drive to work takes longer than it should though Wink If you get my drift?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed May 16, 2012 8:53 am

What was the banner about Bikkies?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed May 16, 2012 8:54 am

The pub is actually beside where the banner is hanging, it’s out of picture. The picture shows the once famous Bewleys café on Westmoreland street, derelict for years now and soon to become a TGI Friday’s and a Starbucks. Progress wha?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 am

Pete, people have posted links to a picture about. It's a Heineken banner that says "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - 2012"

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 8:56 am

Bore da pawb/morning all, hope everyone's well Smile

Weird day for me. Tis my last day of working here which I am both 1) Yahoo about and 2) really sad to having to say goodbye to some people. Just a bit odd.

The sun is shining though, and that makes it all better.

Lucky - gutted you can't make it this weekend Sad I'll have a babycham for you Wink (I've never had one mind, so if I don't like it, I'm holding you responsible....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 am

I have to say I am generally in favour of the law changes.
I am particularly pleased they are going to increase the front row replacements. This should do away with the need to have versatile props who are generally weak in one (or sometimes both) positions.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed May 16, 2012 9:04 am

Usually i am not for alot of tinkering with the laws but these tinkerings look to be a step in the right direction at last...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 am

Savour your last day, Dreamer. It's always strange when you leave a job, to think that you're seeing for the last time a place and people you usually see every day, but make sure you take a memory video of it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 am

Mickado wrote:Pete, people have posted links to a picture about. It's a Heineken banner that says "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - 2012"

In fairness Mick it has a good chance of being accurate, about a 10% chance but a chance none the less Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Savour your last day, Dreamer. It's always strange when you leave a job, to think that you're seeing for the last time a place and people you usually see every day, but make sure you take a memory video of it.

Aye I will Lucky, although there might be some careful editing to block some people out Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am

Pete330v2 wrote:
Mickado wrote:Pete, people have posted links to a picture about. It's a Heineken banner that says "Leinster, HC Champions 2009 - 2011 - 2012"

In fairness Mick it has a good chance of being accurate, about a 10% chance but a chance none the less Smile

Pete, surely it was already 66.67% accurate ... Run
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Bore da pawb/morning all, hope everyone's well Smile

Weird day for me. Tis my last day of working here which I am both 1) Yahoo about and 2) really sad to having to say goodbye to some people. Just a bit odd.

The sun is shining though, and that makes it all better.

Lucky - gutted you can't make it this weekend Sad I'll have a babycham for you Wink (I've never had one mind, so if I don't like it, I'm holding you responsible....)

It's just perry (pear cider)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 am

rugbydreamer wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Savour your last day, Dreamer. It's always strange when you leave a job, to think that you're seeing for the last time a place and people you usually see every day, but make sure you take a memory video of it.

Aye I will Lucky, although there might be some careful editing to block some people out Whistle

Osprey supporters? Scottish refs? Munsterites?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next