The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

+26
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
WillyGilly
Biltong
Thomond
PenfroPete
Rory_Gallagher
Cari
MrsP
Glas a du
PJHolybloke
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
littleswannygirl
Notch
Suspicious lurker
red_stag
eirebilly
prop_lyd
Rava
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 11 Empty Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has stayed in Africa this week as part of its build up to the Heineken Cup final, and attached itself to Barrels restaurant in Luderitz, Namibia, known for its beer, Eisbein and sing-a-longs.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Simon Danielli, Federico Aramburu and the possibly Auckland-bound Joe Schmidt.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28543p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dar-es-salaam#1202251

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 11 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Rava Sun 13 May 2012, 4:14 pm

Breaker that was Leicester. They have numbers now but still retain the small letter on the jersey.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz - Page 11 Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 13 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Warmer weather does tend to generally mean a bit more work for me breaker.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:21 pm

I dont think any teams use letters anymore breaker Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:31 pm

This is actually a very exciting match Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:34 pm

When did they stop that? Only a few years back?
Cheers too Rav.

I've gone crazy tipping Euro 2012 and Summer Tours in advance. It's a bad disease I tell ya. I can't stop.... doing badly. Wink

If anyones's interested:

Euro 2012
606v2 Pool - Code "loondope"
kmm0078 - Code "cruxbuts"

Summer Rugby Tours
606v2 Pool - Code "grubskua"
kmm0078 - Code "dhowtoot"

I don't know who 'kmm0078' is but there's a bigger pool there if you're interested.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:37 pm

eirebilly wrote:This is actually a very exciting match Very Happy

Which one are you watching? Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:38 pm

Catalan - Warrington
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:39 pm

City behind.... oh nooooo!

Billy, can you periodically update the scores? Tks in advance. OK guinness

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:42 pm

Catalan 18 - 26 Warrington 0n 68mins breaker
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:43 pm

Cheers mate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:47 pm

Catalan score

Catalan 22 - 26 Warrinton with the conversion to come.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:48 pm

Conversion missed
Catalan 22 - 26 Warrington with 8 mins left
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:48 pm

This is too much.... the football and all.

Sounds like the Dragons are storming home.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:49 pm

Interception try for Warrington

Thats the match.

Catalan 22 - 30 Warrington with the kick to come.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Conversion is good.

Catalan 22 - 32 Warrington with 5 mins to go.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:53 pm

Ta Billy. OK

Off to bed soon. Say hi to your horses for me. Very Happy

Aguerro! Yahoo What a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 13 May 2012, 4:54 pm

Flip me. Two goals in added time for City. They are champions.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 13 May 2012, 4:55 pm

No probs breaker.

The horses are enjoying the sun Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 13 May 2012, 4:57 pm

I'm so happy for them.... and City too. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 13 May 2012, 5:46 pm

It's amazing. What everybody expected to happen in the football happened, in the most dramatic way nobody expected.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sun 13 May 2012, 5:55 pm

Gutted.com
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 13 May 2012, 6:30 pm

There is some irony to City winning the title from Utd with 2 goals in injury (Fergie) time!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 13 May 2012, 6:56 pm

Joey Barton is still a nasty, not nice person.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 13 May 2012, 6:59 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:There is some irony to City winning the title from Utd with 2 goals in injury (Fergie) time!!!

I saw somebody say they hadn't seen anything like since United won the Champions League in 1999.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 13 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Rava wrote:Joey Barton is still a complete and utter disgrace of a human being.

Fixed that for you Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 7:32 pm

I can not believe the football!! So effing close to winning it again after what's been a pretty mediocre season for us. Gutted.com, can't stand City.

And Barton is a pleb*

*there are many other, worse, words that I would like to use but good manners prevent me Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 7:37 pm

People moan about City spending their way to the title but United have done that, and will continue to do so. I think Joey Barton is a fantastic player but an absolute scut. The way it was won was great, nearly as good as Cork City winning the league title with 12 seconds to go last year.

Hope teams actually attack United next year, they are not very good and people play with a fear against them. Similar thing used to happen when teams played Munster. Also following your local team is where it's at.

Nothing beats owning your club!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 8:06 pm

United haven't spent big on the number of players City have for years and years (and I would say never to the extend City have)

Think there was a stat out where United spent 45% of their income on players' wages. City spend 125% of their. That's utter craziness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:23 pm

United's squad today cost more than City's apparently. Both teams bought their way to titles, they're as bad as one another.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sun 13 May 2012, 8:30 pm

Dreamer you are now seeing what it has been like for loads of other clubs supporters for years who had to watch United's millions buy them title after title.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:31 pm

I feel a tinge of happiness, especially as there are so many bandwagon United fans, more so in Ireland. They would be supporting Accarington Stanley if thy were winning leagus like!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Perhaps Rava, it's been years and years since we've spent like City have though (and I still don't think we've spent to the extent they have). I mean instead of buying in lots of players at January, we just brought Scholes back out of retirement Smile

Thom - I would really, really struggle to believe that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 8:34 pm

I agree with dreamer, as much as I dislike Man Utd the money they speant was largely based on their own income whereas City, like Chelsea before them have been proped up by super rich backers.

It's not good for the game to see teams like Chelsea and Man City able to buy their way to the top.

Anyways who cares, thank feic the wendyball season is over.... Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:36 pm

You think people support United just because they're United? Give over, there's a reason why Leeds have a lot of fans in their fifties, Chelsea had a lot of fans when they were winning leagues, why United and City will have a lot more fans in the future. People support winning teams. It's bandwagoning, it happens and always will.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:37 pm

Rodders, the Glazers bought United, they have shedloads of money, just because they're not oligarchs doesn't mean they're not minted.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 8:39 pm

Yes but Utd were still a successful team before the Glaziers took over.

Man City and to a lesser extent Chelsea were nothing sides, nowhere near winning the league.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 8:40 pm

ha, amen to that Rodders! (that said, I'm really really looking forward to MotD tonight Smile)

It's been SUCH a nice day!

And I've only 3 days left of working for my current employer Very Happy Yahoo

You want to know how bad things have gotten where I am? One of the girls in admin I work with has been signed off sick with stress. She's really quite ill with it. Thank Flip I'm getting out of there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:42 pm

United have a history of buying players and spending shedloads of money. Keane, Barthez, Van Nistelrooy, Rio, Cole and many others. They bought as many good players as anyone. I'm not saying what they did is wrong but people who say City bought the league have to remember United did a lot of that too.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 8:42 pm

Thomond wrote:You think people support United just because they're United? Give over, there's a reason why Leeds have a lot of fans in their fifties, Chelsea had a lot of fans when they were winning leagues, why United and City will have a lot more fans in the future. People support winning teams. It's bandwagoning, it happens and always will.

Speak for yourself! I started supporting United because of Giggs not because they were winning. Been following them for so long now can't ever see myself stopping. That's win or lose (and c'mon you should believe me on that, I mean I support the Scarlets, we haven't won anything for YEARS! Wink )

United also have a history of having a superb academy and promoting from within. Worth noting that too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 8:48 pm

Every top team has spent big on top players Thomond but as dreamer said Utd have produced a fair few too.

Anyway I don't really care too much. It's nice to see someone else win other than Utd but I don't think it's good for the game that rich backers can just backroll otherwise mediocre teams to the top.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:49 pm

City have brought through players too, although not as many as United. The likes of Hart (went to City at 18 I think) Richards, Michael Johnson, Weiss,Ibrahim Ireland (at Villa). United have only brought Wellbeck and Cleverly in recent years. City have about 5/6 fella out on loan at football league clubs and United have a load too so in fairness they are helping the lower leagues.

I think they are both as good/bad as the other to be honest.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 8:53 pm

OK fair enough. You a city fan Thomond? If so have one on me guinness Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 8:54 pm

I think your anti-United sentiment is clouding your views Thom Wink

In all seriousness, in the past United may have been bad (but I would never say AS bad), but they haven't bought their way to a title for absolute years and years.

Just been watching 101 Dalmations, I absolutely loved this film when I was younger! (and who am I kidding, I totally still do...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 8:57 pm

Cork City fan, Rodders. I would have an interest in Leeds but I suppose I'm not really a fan, don't have that much of a connection with them. I live 100s of miles away so I would find it a bit difficult, seeing as I have no relations there or have not lived/spent significant time there.

RD, we're not going to agree on this, although my final point it doesn't matter if you bought the player 3 years ago or 3 days ago, if you buy a load of them at high prices it's buying the league. I respect United a lot, Roy Keane is one of my favourite players ever. They have a great history and you have to respect Fergie. I just think people romanticise them a bit.

Animated 101 Dalmations? Cruella, Cruella De-Vil! music

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 9:00 pm

Leeds eh?... you like your big spenders I see.... a well have one anyways.. guinness Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 9:02 pm

Rodders, if you asked me where they finished I probably couldn't tell you , that's my interest really! I would watch the goals and check out for the scores but I don't really care either way if they win or lose.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 9:02 pm

Ah tis only cause we're so amazing Thomond Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 13 May 2012, 9:05 pm

Only messing Thom, sort of half support Arsenal myself.... not really interested that much though... my hearts only in the egg chasing these days....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 9:06 pm

Thom - only just seen the end of your comment. Sadly not the animated one, but the one with Glenn Close as Cruella.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 13 May 2012, 9:14 pm

I have too many sports to be honest, I say I follow a lot of things but sure haven't the time to follow them all! Rugby is numero uno followed by soccer then the GAA but sure that's around when the rugby is over. I'm getting more interested in the American Football, partially because it has opened a lot of writing opportunities ( pain in the ass to do research when you don't know a lot of what you're talking about!) and mainly because I think it's a good sport. If a rugby playstation/Xbox game became a massive hit then it would help the game a lot, it's how many get interested in the NFL.

Ayway got to hoover Run

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next