The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

+26
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
WillyGilly
Biltong
Thomond
PenfroPete
Rory_Gallagher
Cari
MrsP
Glas a du
PJHolybloke
Hound_of_Harrow
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
littleswannygirl
Notch
Suspicious lurker
red_stag
eirebilly
prop_lyd
Rava
Pete330v2
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz Empty Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 2:07 pm

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has stayed in Africa this week as part of its build up to the Heineken Cup final, and attached itself to Barrels restaurant in Luderitz, Namibia, known for its beer, Eisbein and sing-a-longs.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Simon Danielli, Federico Aramburu and the possibly Auckland-bound Joe Schmidt.

Ale coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t28543p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-dar-es-salaam#1202251

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 16 May 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 10 May 2012, 2:09 pm

Where's my Flip Babycham?!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz Empty Re: Barrel's Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub & Restaurant, Luderitz

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 2:14 pm

Here have mine

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 2:21 pm

having a bad day Lucky? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 10 May 2012, 2:27 pm

Nothing a Babycham won't fix, Dreamer! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 2:30 pm

Babycham fixes a lot of things

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 10 May 2012, 2:33 pm

Ban the Babycham I say Bubbly
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 10 May 2012, 2:35 pm

Fine, just give me a pint of asti spumante.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 10 May 2012, 2:36 pm

Mark
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 2:37 pm

Rava don't tell me you've quit the babycham? Very Happy

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 2:42 pm

I think that i may have had one too many guinness's last night vomit
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 10 May 2012, 2:43 pm

Pete, I have to say I'm having trouble placeing you pal. Had you the same moniker on old 606. I know we had a very charming PeteScot on old 606.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 2:47 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Fine, just give me a pint of asti spumante.

Back at Uni (1997) my flatmate bought 3 dozen bottles of the stuff (for $3 - ie £1 a bottle). A bottle of that each before heading into town meant not paying for many drinks in bars that term.

Haven't touched the stuff since.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 2:47 pm

poor Billy, I suggest some more guinness, tis the best way to get over it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 10 May 2012, 2:49 pm

I had a fair weekend of drinking myself. Herself was catching up with an old friend and I had to make small talk with her husband. . . . we bought two bottles of cheap whiskey and I had a very very very VERY sore head next morning
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 10 May 2012, 2:49 pm

I've heard so much about babycham not a clue what it is though
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 2:51 pm

I am very poorly today Sad

Worst thing was walking down stairs into my living room today, the smell of stale beer and cigarettes was over powering Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 10 May 2012, 2:53 pm

Ouch, Stag. A bottle apiece?

I see Keatley is starting ahead of O'Gara for the game against Ospreys. That surely has to be injury enforced, although ROG is on the bench.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 10 May 2012, 2:55 pm

Welcome back Pete!! Great to see you Yahoo guinness
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 10 May 2012, 2:59 pm

Notch wrote:Ouch, Stag. A bottle apiece?

I see Keatley is starting ahead of O'Gara for the game against Ospreys. That surely has to be injury enforced, although ROG is on the bench.

Yup a bottle apiece it did NOT go down well.

It may be a little injury enforced but maybe not. However I think that O'Gara has been playing very below par for a while. I really don't think he has had a top game in 2012.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 3:01 pm

I have definitely watched too much Lord of the Rings in the last week, I keep accidently reading the location of this pub as Lurtz. I am such a geek Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 10 May 2012, 3:02 pm

Barman! Another Pint for king Billy please! king guinness !...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 3:03 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:I have definitely watched too much Lord of the Rings in the last week, I keep accidently reading the location of this pub as Lurtz. I am such a geek Smile

Luderitz is a town somewhere in Namibia. I was really hoping Biltong's tip was for somewhere in Windhoek - at least I'd heard of there Wink

Please note, the review I found said bar service was sometimes a bit slow Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 10 May 2012, 3:03 pm

Do they actually call him Lurtz in the film Dreamer. Only reason I know his name is I watched making of it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:04 pm

Sure, isnt it Geek Humour day today anyways dreamer?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 3:04 pm

Hey Staggy and Swanny, hope you are both well and tis great to see all the old faces have remained with 606. I hope to regain my membership if our IT department continue to be nice Smile
I hope you've kept up the photography Miss Swanny

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:05 pm

red_stag wrote:Do they actually call him Lurtz in the film Dreamer. Only reason I know his name is I watched making of it.

Staggy trumped you on the nerd status dreamer Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 3:05 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Hey Staggy and Swanny, hope you are both well and tis great to see all the old faces have remained with 606. I hope to regain my membership if our IT department continue to be nice Smile
I hope you've kept up the photography Miss Swanny

Technically she's Mrs Sharpy these days Pete.

Welcome back.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 3:06 pm

eirebilly wrote:
red_stag wrote:Do they actually call him Lurtz in the film Dreamer. Only reason I know his name is I watched making of it.

Staggy trumped you on the nerd status dreamer Very Happy

Laugh Not really! I found out his name the same way Smile and nope Stag they don't mention it in the film at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 10 May 2012, 3:06 pm

Yahoo The sad thing was I found the making of it almost as enjoyable as the movie!!

Pete good to see you pal. You enjoy Ulsters march to the final. Did you make it to Limerick
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 10 May 2012, 3:08 pm

Pls ignore, this is just a reminder for those in the need!

Heino final crew:

The Auld Fella
The Auld Fella that lives in France
The Auld Fella in charge of HelfnSafety
The Auld Fella that is also King of Wales
His missus
Hoogues (+ ma/da/bro with great name/bro with great name's doris/ma's mate)
Hound (+ Andy)
George & Michelle
Aonghus
Aonghus's mysterious +1
A single Mick (H variety, maybe *)
The Reverend WhereverTheresADangerousSituationSendMeIn&I'llBeWearingAKilt
KiwiRD
dreamer
The Auld (but considerably younger than the Auld fellas) Wee Wummin frae Perthshire + bro
Notch and his da
rodders + GF
WillyGilly (maybe *)
PJ (maybe *)
Staggy (maybe * - depending on work commitments)
The ummm, and ummimina
And the Auld Fella in the kilt

Weekend plan:

Begin to gather in London Friday lunchtime - looking at pub lunch in South End Green as poor weather option, possible Hoog bbq if weather ok
5pm-ish, travel from Hamptead Heath to Richmond on overground and on to Twickenham to meet with PcPete
8pm Amlin Challenge Cup final - Biarritz Olympique vs RC Toulon - more drinks afterwards nearby the Stoop or in Richmond

Saturday lunchtime, 12.30pm onwards, congregate at the Triple Crown in Richmond - maps and directions here: The Triple Crown
3pm onwards head off to Twickenham for Heineken Cup final - Leinster vs Ulster (3pm earlier depature for those heading to fanzone, later departure for rest) - should be a bus from the Richmond Athletic Ground (home of London Scottish) directly opposite the TC, else train from Richmond to Twickenham
Drinks post match back in Richmond at the Orange Tree (if taken over by footie fans, head to the Sun directly behind the OT) - maps and directions here: The Orange Tree

Give myself, Hoog or Dave a shout if there's anything there that doesn't make sense or you're not clear about OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 10 May 2012, 3:09 pm

Is that Pete Scott from the old board? Jesus, Ulster fans are taking over this site Smile guinness
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:14 pm

I quite like the Ulster fans myself, its those damn Leinster fans i despise Wink

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Notch good to see you've survived the BBC collapse too Smile

It's a wonderful time to be an Ulster (and Paddy Wallace) fan isn't it?

I've been a regular on the UAFC forum I'm afraid and it's a bit of a shambles so tis good to be back amongst the sane...........or am I? Smile

Oh and congrats to Mrs Sharpy Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 10 May 2012, 3:20 pm

How's yer wee lad coming along, Pete?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Well anyone else here be in New Zealand for the Ireland tour?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 10 May 2012, 3:25 pm

Pete!

Hug

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 10 May 2012, 3:26 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Notch good to see you've survived the BBC collapse too Smile

It's a wonderful time to be an Ulster (and Paddy Wallace) fan isn't it?

It is indeed!

Rolling back the years man. I see Paddy Wallace has been nominated for Ulster Player of the Season, along with Chris Henry and John Afoa. He's also Ulsters joint top try scorer this season with 6 in all competitions #PaddyWallaceFacts

Last edited by Notch on Thu 10 May 2012, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 3:26 pm

eirebilly wrote:Well anyone else here be in New Zealand for the Ireland tour?

Not me Sad

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:32 pm

Shame KRD, should be a great time. I cant wait to sit back in a pub with a crate of 750ml Lion red on the table Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 3:34 pm

Mick!!!!
My mind twin Smile

How are you mate, great to see ya...or type ya Smile

Asbo, you're here too Smile
The wee man is utterly brilliant, a complete terror and I am proud to say is able to sing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' already Smile

Hey Notch it's always nice to be right about our Paddy and what about the return of the Bowe? Woohoo is the word

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 10 May 2012, 3:37 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Mick!!!!
My mind twin Smile

How are you mate, great to see ya...or type ya Smile

Asbo, you're here too Smile
The wee man is utterly brilliant, a complete terror and I am proud to say is able to sing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' already Smile

Hey Notch it's always nice to be right about our Paddy and what about the return of the Bowe? Woohoo is the word
You heading over for the final, bud? Meet details above if you are OK

Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 3:43 pm

I can't make the final and am kicking myself. When my Auld Da was booking his tickets etc as soon as final tickets were available he asked if he could buy me one and I refused grrrrrrrrrr.
I am one sick puppy now and am more than a little jealous of all ye who are attending. It will be simply wonderful to be HC Champs again Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 10 May 2012, 3:43 pm

eirebilly wrote:Shame KRD, should be a great time. I cant wait to sit back in a pub with a crate of 750ml Lion red on the table Very Happy

Ahhh Lion Red. Something else I've not drunk since university (it's not sold much in the South Island, though Canterbury Draught is an almost identical recipe - albeit made with better quality water*). In my 1st year of university a local liquor chain had a 2-dozen for $20 Lion Red deal. A couple of lads in my hall of residence took up a collection, and a day or two later a rather large truck arrived to deliver 400 crates. Of course it was a duff batch Whistle (lots of us actually spent ages sharing the stuff with mates so as not to have to drink it all ourselves)

*Try to avoid drinking anything brewed in Auckland - the water supply is piped up from the Waikato river.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:49 pm

I liked Lion red, its the only beer that i can remember from New Zealand. I just really like the pubs in NZ, always a great cráic
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 10 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Officials for Leinster vs Glasgow:

Referee: George Clancy (IRFU, 47th competition game)
Assistant Referees: John Lacey, Leo Colgan (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Tom McCormack (IRFU)
TMO: Marshall Kilgore (IRFU)

What a feicing shambles! They could ref their best games ever and still not quell claims of bias - utterly ridiculous appointments mad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 3:56 pm

Tis baffling they can't get neutral refs for either of the SF's Asbo.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May 2012, 3:57 pm

+1 Asbo

They are very odd appointments
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 10 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Right

Offsky Homesky to cook the dinner Smile

Nice seeing the old crew here again, I do hope to remain a regular but who knows. Still not got a PC at home since I smashed the last one. Well it didn't say 'don't drop it down the stairs' on the box Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 4:00 pm

Hope you pop back in again soon Pete, tis lovely having you back in here OK Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next