The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafachat : If ...

+14
Mrs L
sonic_boom10
legendkillar
AFCWomble42
Marcus
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
vernonbc
tennisluvver
Solerina
cats_r_cool
rafandready
denzilsmom
Wooffie
18 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 Empty Rafachat : If ...

Post by Wooffie Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

... you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Its the greatest of all tournaments, in the most classic of settings, and our boy is the defending Champion. All eyes will be on Rafa when he takes that walk of tradition and opens The Championships at Wimbledon, in this its 125th year. Along with him, it will be one of our proudest moments to see him take his place in the opening match to open the tournament proper, an honour that injury denied him of in 2009 (although will Wimbers evah be the same again after gold lamé bags and a white ice cream Thunderbird suit??).

Lets hope that Rafa's recent Slam triumph in Paris gives him back some of the confidence and equilibrium he needs. So its champagne and strawberries at the ready ... and "all aboard" the latest ride on the Rafarollercoaster!! Ooooo I say, Rafa! and VAMOS!!

Last edited by Wooffie on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm; edited 10 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 Empty Re: Rafachat : If ...

Post by tennisluvver Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

TW goes into voluntary exile during the tennis (does computery things like selling rubbish on E-Bay) - only Sky box is in living room, and he knows I'd make his life a living hell if he didn't let me watch it. (While the TV in the bedroom has Freeview red button, not as big choice of matches!)

He is DESPERATE for Wiimbledon to end, as there'll be no tennis on telly til the Canadian Masters 1000 in August (I think).

Oh well, DelP's match suspended for the day. Suppose I could watch Andy's game now
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:57 pm

I switched over to Andy just in time to see him win. Wooffs will be happy Very Happy

I like Brooklyn's new haircut.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:02 pm

Yoo-hoo!! <waves>

Hello lovely ladies Hug kiss

I have stubbed my little toe on the coffee table leg and it HURT! Cry

Is my lovely Andy really shaving his legs?? Well ... I'll pass on the question as to why because Angie's <squeeze> elvis did it / does it Wink

I think heart Andy's heart short socks might be deceiving on the hair situation.

Did anyone watch elvis 's match by the way? He totally lost it in the 4th set ... a point deduction for swearing and he carried on wasping at the chair.

Needless to say, I found it all very soxy ... Poor elvis though ... but Feli is still in it. Yahoo

Who, but who? will be on Court 1 on Friday??

Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

Brooklyn ?!?

:envy: mad censored
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

I didn't even see him win - just the autograph signing bit!

While I always quite like Andy Roddick's interviews - love his very dry sense of humour - don't like him on court at all. I can't be bothered with his whining about everything when he's losing, and his serve serve game is dull - in my opinion!

Can't offer opinion on the haircut - didnt see it! (Not very observant!)

HI Wooffs Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 769663

I watched some of Fer's match - I missed the bit where he got the point deducted, but I must say, he has excellent English when he needs to swear, doesn't he! Shame, cos 3rd set he'd really picked up a bit, but Haase played well. Glad Feli through, though.

Wooffs, I'm thinking you might get Rafa on Court 1 - they won't want to bump Murray there again, so fingers crossed for you. BTW, a girl at my work's boyfriend & his mum were on Centre court today. Was GREEN with :envy!!!!!!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Poor Wooffs. Hope you furious when you stubbed you toe. I find it helps ease the pain.

Well Andy's legs do look silkier than a baby's botty and the commies said he shaved them. But then, what do they know Rolling Eyes

Doesn't No. 1 seed get a go on court 1 at some point? Maybe, just maybe......

Have you seen the Wimbers promo video? Rafa referred to as the Other Greatest of all Time. I thought that was rather sweet, and boy did he look cute in it.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

Helloooooooo girls Hug

Honestly...one sighting of a preppy American and the dame loses it Doh laughing

Hooray for Feli heart but oh elvis you did lose your way Sad

Did anyone see JMDP chuck his shoes into the crowd when the match was suspended for the night....he also looked like he kicked the door on his way back to the locker room Erm

Best thing to do with husbands.....make sure they have to work away for Wimbers fortnight!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

Does anyone else think that Rafa looks happy and totally relaxed.....he just loves it here, you can see it kiss

I reckon you may...just may be lucky on Friday Woofs......they could well put our boy on court 1.....but if your toe swells up so much that you can't walk, don't worry I'll keep Rafan company laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

Toe is feeling perfectly OK now, Denz. Erm

Well Gilles Muller (who?) for Rafa on Friday ... <yikes> we may stand a chance ... especially as Andy was on No. 1 today and Novak is on there tomorrow.

<prays>

elvis losing it was hmmmmmmm .... lovely !!! kiss If a tad scary ... Shocked
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:24 pm

heart Andy heart hairy legs or noh ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:29 pm

He really does Denz. It's wonderful to see after the doom and gloom of RG.

Wooffs, did elvis look as soxy as Rafa when he gets mad? Surely not.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

Crikey, just noticed the time. Best get myself to bed. Night everyone Hug kiss Sweet Rafadrims.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm

Rafa has just put a little vid on FB....it's so sweet...oh I do love that man heart

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:43 pm

Night night lovely Cats Hug

elvis was reeeeeally soxy ... and a bit scarier than Rafa. Shocked

:run1: to Facebook ...
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

Shocked Have you seen amongst the comments on NN that our old mate Vernon has seen some rumours that Rafa's parents are back together again?? Shocked

Maybe that is the source of his new found happiness ... not just being at Wimbers.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

Have just read those comments on NN, Wooffs.

While Rafa certainly looks much happier & more relaxed than he did in Paris, Dunno if this is just speculaton cos the parents were togerher in the Royal Box on Monday. Did you think they looked particularly "together"? I didn't notice either way. Be nice for Rafa if it's true.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:39 pm

Off to bed, so night night, Rafateers. Sweet dreams.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Wed 22 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

Well, to be honest Angie, they didn't look "together" for me on Monday, and we could see them before the final at MC and he seemed on the outside when chatting to the Nadal ladies. Its just that Vernon's link said "an impeccable source" ... but if anything has happened, I'd say it was very recent.

I'm just nothing but a gossip. Wink
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:02 am

Good morning all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

I've just read about Rafa's parents on Bleacher, same thing there..."an impeccable source"

Maybe they're just getting on better now they are divorced...it's not unheard of. Anyway, as long as it makes Rafa happy, then that's fine by me Very Happy

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:19 am

Good morning Rafateers. I didn't see any of the match yesterday, but it doesn't seem as though it was too stressful.

I reckon there must be every chance Rafa will be on No1 on Friday, particularly now that he's not playing Raonic, but fingers crossed for Wooffie and Rafan.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:06 am

denzilsmom wrote:Good morning all my luvverly Rafateers Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 769663

I've just read about Rafa's parents on Bleacher, same thing there..."an impeccable source"

Maybe they're just getting on better now they are divorced...it's not unheard of. Anyway, as long as it makes Rafa happy, then that's fine by me Very Happy

Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 769663 Hi Denzy where did you read the Bleacher report would be interested to see the words of the "impeccable source" .. Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 57983

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Morning all lovely Rafateers!!! Hug

Cry Feeling sorry for myself. It was awful leaving my little Rose at the kennels today, she just didn't want to go into the area where the pens were. I cried all the way home. Cry Will start getting ready soon for my next trip to London town and leaving my baby aside, I'm looking forward to my first trip to Wimbers for 29 years!!!!!

Its now all over t'internet about Rafa's parents and all sources seem to keep going back to a report from Tennis Canada. The "impeccable source" hasn't actually said anything but this chap has gone public with the story based on it.

Anyway, suppose its all personal to them and if it makes Rafa happy, then great. And why wouldn't Sebastian think - what was I thinking of? - when he looks at that lovely attractive, confident woman that we shared a few words with in MC. Perhaps it is she who could do better. Whistle
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

Aw Wooffs, don't be sad. Rose will be fine, although I know how awful it is leaving them. I'm guessing there is a no pets policy at Wimbers!

I've been guilty of looking up gossip on Mama and Papa as well. I make no apology for it, we want to know what has given Rafa a spring in his step and a smile on that handsome face of his. I hope they are back together and that Papa has learnt his lesson and Mama keeps him in his place. (Note I am assuming it was Papa's fault they split in the meantime, us girlies have to stick together!).

Have a safe trip down to London and of course, we want full reports and if you are only taking your phone (okay, we won't insist on the laptop) short updates would be fab.

Enjoy Hug

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

Hello lovely Cats Hug

Thank you for your lovely words. kiss I might actually be able to fit my laptop in my case this time, so I'll give it a go, and I'll use my phone tomorrow for any little snippets we might be able to bring. We don't have great seats but I'm sure it will be a fab experience. Ok!

I'm still keeping everything crossed for when the OOP comes out though.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

Listen to this!!!

Rafan is also at Wimbers today and is by the practice court where Rafa is pratising with Feli.

heart heart heart
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

Shocked Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 479796 Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 291114

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

How many pictures do we think Rafan will take ? 80+.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

laughing

She's watching Baggy now ... Cats Whistle
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

By the way girls ... George Clooney is back on the market ... thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

Wooffie wrote:By the way girls ... George Clooney is back on the market ... Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 732107

Go on Woofs ... seeing as I palmed you off on the Lord yesterday Ill let you have first crack at Georgie Porgie... Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 769663 Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 3497602689

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

George who Wink

Well Rafateers, I've been listening to 5 live whilst working, and I just get so so fed up with listening to all these so called "experts" waffling on about who's going to win this year....of course it's Feds cos he played so well at the French, and Djoko, cos he's beaten Rafa.....Mark Woodforde is the latest one who is agreeing with this general opinion.

Do any of these gobs on sticks or ex players actually watch or follow Tennis at all mad The next player who is going to do well is Soderling...at the moment, he's 2 sets to 1 down to Hewitt, who you've got to agree that his best years are behind him.

How is it that Rafa has won 10 slams, including a career slam....an Olympic Gold medal and been in a winning Davis Cup team, and still no one except Johnny Mac gives him any credit Doh

Rant over censored

Woofs Hug ....hope you and Rafan have the best time tomorrow and that you-know-who is on your court. I must admit I like the new court, and even sitting at the back I got a really good view Very Happy

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

Hello lovely Denz. I am on the train. laughing just seen Laurence Llewellyn Bowen on the station looking very dapper and handsome. Another new <squeeze>? And why is there a child and baby in the QUIET zone? I quite like you when you're angry. Soxy!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

LLB...well he could decorate your castle for you Woofs Whistle

Another thought....with the rumours circulating about Mama and Papa getting back together again, which has made out boy happy....I wonder if the reason for his out-of-sorts demeanour over the last couple of months had anything to do with this Erm

Poo...Soderling has now won the 4th set...reckon he'll pinch this now Rolling Eyes

Just give that child one of your looks Woofs.....it scares the life out of me Shocked laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

Am I scary Denz? Erm Oh joy! An article in Hello about the boys in my latest guilty pleasure of a reality TV show, Made in Chelsea. Love it ! <flick> <flick> <flick>
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Oh. And Christine Brinkly has got engaged to that sap Lampard and theres a picture of gorgeous George with his now ex Italian girlfriend under the banner of Love is on the menu for George. Whoops! And Prince Albert's fiancée is taking us around the Palace. But we have already been. laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Hi lovelies, I'm flicking between Baggy and Sod Shocked Hoping one wins and the other loses!

I heart and adore George. I would dump Mr C for him and live happily on his Italian lake with. Don't judge me, I would get dumped for Salma Hayek so it's only fair.

I'm so excited our girls are going to be at Wimbers tomorrow Yahoo

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

How fickle we girls are....we'll chase anything with a pretty face and a good bod laughing ...talking of which.. Rafan's <dimples> has just beaten Hewitt....not fair!

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

Pretty face, good bod bod Dimples do not sit well together in the same sentence, Denz. Erm
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

Poor Leighton, although I guess Dimples has slightly more chance in a QF against Novak.

Hope you have a great time tomorrow, Wooffie and remind Rafan to make sure she's got fresh batteries for the camera.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

clap Baggy Very Happy Novak for him next Shocked Are you there yet Wooffs?

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 479796 For tomorrow wooffie.. hope the weather stays fine.. give him our love Rafachat : If ... - Page 18 21345

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:05 pm

Just heard from Rafan....she's still at Wimbers and has just been given some CC tickets from people who were leaving....so she's hoping to see a bit of Feds.... raspberry

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:18 pm

Yahoo Rafan, you go girl.

Oops, sorry. Wrong fan thread :run2:

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

Whot cats... Erm have you been on the gin again laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:27 pm

...hic...hic...

No, coursh I haven't Denshi ...hic.....

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:56 pm

Evening all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Yep, I've been here a little while now, Cats. Hardest bit was finding my way out of St Pancras! laughing Yes, Rafan is standing me up to go and watch a bit of old Rog and I might be in my pyjamas by the time this finishes so she might have to find her own way here rather than me meet her as I said. laughing

She text me to say she's forgotten the name of the hotel and the street its on. She is better than useless. Doh

Well, last week we were in the attic ... this week we are in the basement laughing Its all fine, but as I'm going to get my own tea, I'll end up in some restaurant chain somewhere. laughing

I like Mirka's scarf, by the way.

Thanks for your best, Haddie. I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of the OOP. I've brought my laptop too, Cats. Wink

Catch you later honies!! kiss
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Just watching Fed. He is pulverising Mannarino at the moment so, Wooffs, you probably won't have to wait long for the traitorous Rafan.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:19 pm

Honestly....fancy being stood up for Feds Doh Don't text her Woofs...she'll wish she had her tent with her...or at least her <tesco> carrier bag laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Nice idea Denz. But I know she will track me down. She'll be desperate to tell me how nice his gags looked. Erm
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

Gags? Gags?bloody phone. Of course I meant
how his HAIR looked. Doh
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum