The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafachat : If ...

+14
Mrs L
sonic_boom10
legendkillar
AFCWomble42
Marcus
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
vernonbc
tennisluvver
Solerina
cats_r_cool
rafandready
denzilsmom
Wooffie
18 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 Empty Rafachat : If ...

Post by Wooffie Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

... you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Its the greatest of all tournaments, in the most classic of settings, and our boy is the defending Champion. All eyes will be on Rafa when he takes that walk of tradition and opens The Championships at Wimbledon, in this its 125th year. Along with him, it will be one of our proudest moments to see him take his place in the opening match to open the tournament proper, an honour that injury denied him of in 2009 (although will Wimbers evah be the same again after gold lamé bags and a white ice cream Thunderbird suit??).

Lets hope that Rafa's recent Slam triumph in Paris gives him back some of the confidence and equilibrium he needs. So its champagne and strawberries at the ready ... and "all aboard" the latest ride on the Rafarollercoaster!! Ooooo I say, Rafa! and VAMOS!!

Last edited by Wooffie on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm; edited 10 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 Empty Re: Rafachat : If ...

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/27062011/58/davis-cup-nadal-miss-davis-cup-slams-schedule.html

Hot off the press..... sad for Spain but Im sure as fans we welcome this news.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

Indeed!! FeliFantasmorgorical !! laughing

And he deffo waxes those legs. I had to stare long and hard at them in honorable research for the Rafateers. Rafan made me ... :run1:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Mon 27 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the link, Haddie. It comes as no surprise and I am totally glad that he is withdrawing because its the best thing all round for him.

FeliFabulous will just have to take it to my <squeeze> Roddick again.

VAMOS!!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Mon 27 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

Thanks for that Haddie. I wondered if the slight problem in his leg which required the MTO on Friday would have been used as an excuse, but it seems that Rafa has just come out and said it as it is. I guess it's alright for players that aren't in all the tournaments until the end, but for Rafa who's got to nearly every final this year so far it is definitely too much. Good on him - hope he has a good rest and comes back as fresh as possible for those US hardcourts in the summer!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 27 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

I agree with you all... Rafa is and always has been so patriotic he has given more than enough of his time energy and effort for his country... Maybe now he has seen Feli longlegs so very deliciano .. that he knows he has left Spains fate in very good hand (if not legs).. Im sure Spain can muster up a good team against the USA. Whilst our boy goes back home and gets his precious knees sorted.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

Good afternoon all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

Judy who? Hah....she's not a patch on the Rafateers.....and she's got an unfair advantage mad

Hmm...Feli trying to come all over modest...pull the other one sunshine laughing
In total agreement with the rest of you over Rafa pulling out of DC....some sense at last Rolling Eyes

It's gone very very dark here...although still hot ....my puppies are outside now which is much easier for me, and they just love being outdoors

heart

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 21345 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 21345 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 21345 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 21345 aww bless the puppies

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rafandready Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

Who's seen all the topless photos of Feli in the papers today?! Judy has brought him to the masses laughing

Page 3 of the Mail is scorrrrcio steam

Lots of Rafa in his headband at practice yesterday too.

I'm currently <flick><flick><flick> between these two matches at the mo - both exciting!
rafandready
rafandready

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:10 pm

Ola Hug Anyone around?

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

I think it is rather quiet in the tennis section today.

People have been arguing in the face of facts and even tried to claim not making comments in the context of how they are percieved.

Thats what happens when the mens tennis is not on
laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

HI LK.. The only active threads are those slagging Rafa off again because of his scan, injection, perception of pain. etc. Not a word from certain people about No.3.´s loss to Tsonga... or praise for Tsonga. but then thats 606v2 (or indeed 606) . Which illustrates plainly the man that gets most negative press on these boards is Rafa.

Still .. tomorrow will tell the story... who gets worse press Rafa or Andy Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 590675

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:57 pm

Hey HN,

It has been on those lines. I am a big Murray fan, but above all a tennis fan and it gets boring reading the same arguement again and again. It seems some fans go to extremes to try and discredit a players budding legacy. Praise for Tsonga indeed. I did read a Becker article who was blunt on Federer.

Found it interesting that Murray said Nadal is pants on the computer games. laughing hoping that is signs.

Nadal is in the studio talking about his injury and saying about the lidocaine injection. But according to others he is faking it. Nice of him to drop in on his day off and speak to the press.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

Danger Danger Rafa is cooking pasta tonight laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

Yes I know LK... its supposed to be intelligent debate about tennis... they just simply love digging the dirt in order to discredit him... sad but they wont find anything. Im sure London Hospital would not have entertained a scan if they had thought there was signs of faking.
The left foot was the one he had a stress fracture in before so I can understand him/them being worried on that score. So whilst we are on the subject of him faking a MTO, we might as well rake up the time violation,l the off court coaching, the bottles, the pant picking, ......yawn yawn yawn.......what will they do when he retires... poor things.. Still at least Djoko has been given a rest... Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 57983 Seriously im willing Federer to retire because a certain fan boy will run round in circles and disappear up his own..........................exhaust pipe Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 479796

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

I shall have my stopwatch at the ready tomorrow laughing

Why can't people just enjoy the tennis? It will be a long time before we see an era of tennis like this again.

Then there will be something to moan about

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

While we're on the Nadal bashing theme, I went to see him at Bercy in 2009 and was appalled by his choice of clothes, I mean look at those shorts, what was he thinking? Whistle

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

MFC laughing

Was it the dreaded turquoise ones?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

nah it's the marine blue checkered ones. Which were the turquoise ones?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

I know in one event back in 2007 or 8 he had some hideous turquoise ones. I just saw the link. Looks like burberry.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:38 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:While we're on the Nadal bashing theme, I went to see him at Bercy in 2009 and was appalled by his choice of clothes, I mean look at those shorts, what was he thinking? Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 590675

I think it was rather what were NIKE thinking of.... I know they get paid an enormous amount for wearing Nike´s gear but.. really !!!!!! He did make comment at a presser himself I beleive along the lines "they are not me are they".... Still be fair look how good he looks in Armani jeans (not to mention the knickers) Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 479796 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 479796 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 590675 so I can forgive him those dratted shorts.,

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

but surely he could have told NIKE that he didn't think they looked that great? My first reaction on being asked to wear something like that would have been "no WAY am I wearing those!!!"

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 30 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

It depends on how much money you were being "persuaded" with Mfc

Certainly Nike did him no favours...but since then you will have noticed Rafa´s gear is a lot more "conservative" Somebody has learned their lesson thats for sure Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 590675

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:30 pm

Evening everybody Hug, and hello LK and MFC Hug

Its a shame when you have good pals on here that even that can't spur you on because there are times when the hatred and abject appallingness of what you read makes you think that there is no point whatsoever in being part of a tennis forum, and equally, sometimes you just need to stay away.

I did make one post today which I stand by, which is that Rafa would require admission to a very special hospital if his mindset and integrity led him to decide that rather than play the game properly to take the set point he had, in that split second he would rather give that point up, and the game, then fake an injury, all with the aim to put his opponent off and thereby win a TB set. But to make his claim credible, he would have to hoodwink the trainer and doctor, allow a needle to be stuck in him to administer an injection he didn't need, then waste a London hospital's valuable time by undergong a needless MRI scan, and then subject himself to more daily needles being inserted into his foot ... all to cover up a dubious MTO that allowed him to cheat his way to a TB first set. I could almost faint at the thought of a needle being inserted into my foot, so for someone to allow that to happen to them for cheating purposes as those knowledgeable posters amongst us would have us believe, actually beggars belief.

And I know my even speaking about it now perpetuates the whole sorry story, so for that I apologise. kiss But it just feels like every recent Slam is ruined because of some carnage that erupts concerning Rafa by the usual suspects regardless of whether he wins or loses, and so I'm questioning why even bother with tennis forums any more.

But ... on Rafatennis I have read one of the most heartlifting comments today and that was made by our lovely Womble. She said that whatever happpens at Wimbers, she is very proud of what Rafa has achieved in this Spring/Summer season ... and I clap that. Other than Queens, Rafa has reached the final of all the tournies he's played since his injury comeback and has defended the French Open crown in what seemed like very difficult circumstances where his tennis was all over the place and he seemed to be at issues with his love for the game. He's here again in the semi-final of Wimbledon and I wish him so much, the very best of luck. We are honoured to see this fine man and player in our lifetime and it has been an absolute pleasure watching him play ... even if half the time we are riding the dratted rollercoaster.

Good luck for tomorrow Rafa! And VAMOS!!

Hug
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 769663 Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 1710857839

Hear Hear Woofie I endorse everything you say. I do question the point of this forum--- it isnt a place to talk common sense most of the time.
It has been completely taken over by one poster and everything revolves around him and his opinion and hatred of the man we so admire.
It is sickening beyond belief that the moderators and Administrators on this forum cannot see what they are allowing one person to do to demoralise so many of the balanced posters here and to undermine all the hard work they themselves have done to get this forum up and running... And before Davie wants to show me the door... I would ask him to lead the way and I will happily follow.him out
In the meantime Woofie and Rafa fans enjoy the rest of Wimbledon I wish our Rafa all the best in the world... make this number 11 Rafa
Vamos Rafachat : If ... - Page 20 291114 Cheers girls

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

I think Rafa is of the most genuine people in the world of sport. He is gracious in victory as he is defeat. I think the comment you made earlier was spot on. I just think some people always need to find something negative of means of hiding their dissappointment that their favourite player loses.

Take Murray fans. We all will him on to win and when he comes up short, we don't attack the player that beats him. We just look at ways of where he can improve for the next match in constructive ways.

Wait till Rafa retires and all the detractors will be saying, the game needs a Rafa or of a future champion that he wouldn't beat a Rafa.

Indeed good luck tomorrow to all players involved Hug

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:50 pm

Lovely comments Hug and lovely rapport. Its a nervous time for us fans till the first serve is taken.

Anyhow ... I've opened a new Rafachat topic as this one is at 20 pages and will soon self-combust ...

VAMOS EVERYBODY !!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:06 am

Lovely Woofs Hug what a great post...everything you say is spot on thumbsup

The point is that poster is not only a sad and bitter person...what sort of character must they be, if they think Rafa would stoop so low, but they are so twisted in their views that there's no point in even trying to have a reasonabe discussion with them. Their hero has had to accept anno domini, and the fact that Rafa has beaten him, as we must do, when it's Rafa's time to bow down from the top of the game, but sadly some cannot get to grips with reality and therefore they have to try and make everyone suffer.

However...it doesn't work...the Rafateers are made of stronger stuff, and have one thing that this person is missing...a sense of humour....so stuff him

laughing laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:19 am

Oops Rafateers...I've done something I never thought I would do...replied to Tenez Erm

I tend to ignore him cos he's such a fool....but oh well I couldn't help myself laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Well noone is going to argue with you on that point Denzie.
Worst is he is making a nonsense of this forum.. though I fear there are none so blind as those who will not see.
606v2 has become nothing than a place where Tenez can air his jaundiced views and a hatred of one player which translates for me a hatred of the game..you have three choices, respond, ignore.. or just leave.. They call it English diplomacy !!!! I cant wait for Rog Federer to retire.... sorry to all his fans but maybe we can throw the baby out with the bathwater

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum