The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Bradley

+10
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
eddyfightfan
SharkSoul
manos de piedra
KO-KING
azania
Sunnydapasingh1984
Sugar Floyd Louis
as1079
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan vs Bradley Empty Khan vs Bradley

Post by as1079 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

Taking last night into account, how do we see Khan-Bradley going? I think if Khan managed to establish the jab, he'd take a points victory but it certainly wouldn't be easy.

Your thoughts?

as1079

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Bradley Empty Re: Khan vs Bradley

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

Bradley wins. Styles make fights and all that but he did make it tough for Manny, Khan wouldn't imo.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

Khan wins, too fast, too slick and counter punch Bradley all night lon.

Bradley, his very one paced, doesn't posses KO power however his good at most things but not great at anything.

Khan by a big UD any day of the week.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

Khan wins this for me. Speed does it and punch variety.

Welcome aboard SunnyD.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun 10 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

Sunnydapasingh1984 wrote:Khan wins, too fast, too slick and counter punch Bradley all night lon.

Bradley, his very one paced, doesn't posses KO power however his good at most things but not great at anything.

Bradley is slicker than khan and Khan is also one paced, But I think Khan edges a close decision due to his jab and overall speed

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

KO-KING wrote:
Sunnydapasingh1984 wrote:Khan wins, too fast, too slick and counter punch Bradley all night lon.

Bradley is slicker than khan and Khan is also one paced, But I think Khan edges a close decision due to his jab and overall speed

Khan's one pace would be too much for Tim. Plus Tim is not a big puncher. Easy night for Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

Bradley for me. I think hes underrated. Khan is too incomplete as a fighter.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Bradley for me. I think hes underrated. Khan is too incomplete as a fighter.

So you say Bradley his a complete fighter then?

Khan his more superior in every department, as would be Kel Brook for Bradley.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

I don't under-estimate him. He does nothing special whereas Khan has speed. He doesn't have a big punch either that can take Khan out of his stride. I just think Khan will be all wrong for him. I actually think Khan would beat Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

I dont think Khan is superior at all. Faster hands, thats about it for me.

Bradley is pretty complete in my opinion. Not especially outstanding in any department but few weaknesses.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

Well what is Bradley bad at? He lacks power, ok. But his all round game is quite good. Khan has some major flaws that I just do see in Bradley.

Quite often I find its the Bradley or Froch types that tend to get underrated because they have no real otstanding attributes (Frochs durability being the exception). Where as guys like Khan that have an outstanding skill like speed or somebody like Lacy that had good power tend to get overrated despite being limited elsewhere.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Well what is Bradley bad at? He lacks power, ok. But his all round game is quite good. Khan has some major flaws that I just do see in Bradley.

Quite often I find its the Bradley or Froch types that tend to get underrated because they have no real otstanding attributes (Frochs durability being the exception). Where as guys like Khan that have an outstanding skill like speed or somebody like Lacy that had good power tend to get overrated despite being limited elsewhere.

I don't want to get into a Khan debate hence my self censorship. But seeing as I've been dragged into it here goes. You know very well that I've spoken long and hard about Khan's weaknesses (ignoring his chin). But I reckon his plusses will be too much for whatever Tim brings to the fight. Tim is a jack of all trades whilst Khan is a master of one. That one is more than enough for me. Plus Khan has a terrific engine and can set a pace which Tim will not be able to match. Tim is just not brutal enough or cute enough for me against Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

Powerwise probably no he isnt devastating enough to really stick it to Khan. But Id disagree on cuteness. I actually Bradley is one of the smarter and more adaptable fighters out there. He would find Khans handspeed problematic but Khan has no inside game and Bradley is a bully there. I was reasonably impressed with Bradleys ability to cope with Pacquiaos speed and I cant really see any reason why Bradley could not not do to Khan what Peterson or Maidana did - and do it better. He is not a power puncher, but he is physically strong and more talented getting inside and working on the inside. I think his ringcraft is quite significantly superior to Khan.

Heres hoping it one for the future anyhow.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:47 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Powerwise probably no he isnt devastating enough to really stick it to Khan. But Id disagree on cuteness. I actually Bradley is one of the smarter and more adaptable fighters out there. He would find Khans handspeed problematic but Khan has no inside game and Bradley is a bully there. I was reasonably impressed with Bradleys ability to cope with Pacquiaos speed and I cant really see any reason why Bradley could not not do to Khan what Peterson or Maidana did - and do it better. He is not a power puncher, but he is physically strong and more talented getting inside and working on the inside. I think his ringcraft is quite significantly superior to Khan.

Heres hoping it one for the future anyhow.

Tim is clever. He utilises his skills well. But he has to get inside to bully Khan. Therein lay the difficulty. I haven't seen him play the aggressor role yet. Pac likes to get on the inside or fight there. Khan doesn't. He likes the outside and throw his rapid flurries and move. For me that's the best tactic to beat Brad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 10 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm

I love man juice

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

im my opinion, if bradley and khan fought bradley would just do what peterson did to him but better.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:im my opinion, if bradley and khan fought bradley would just do what peterson did to him but better.

Juice?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

walk him down, hold and make it a scrappy fight that khan cant use his speed in

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

azania wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:im my opinion, if bradley and khan fought bradley would just do what peterson did to him but better.

Juice?
Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:29 pm

SharkSoul wrote:I love man juice

Good point... Good point...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:32 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:walk him down, hold and make it a scrappy fight that khan cant use his speed in

Tim has never shown that style of boxing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

tim bradley? what THE tim bradley? i would say apart from yesterday thats 101 for him, keep coming forward pressuring, holding firing from the clinch. and hes better at it than peterson.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:42 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:tim bradley? what THE tim bradley? i would say apart from yesterday thats 101 for him, keep coming forward pressuring, holding firing from the clinch. and hes better at it than peterson.

He's no pressure fighter in the manner of that Argie and the way Peterson fought.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:50 pm

i think he will be more that enough to worry khan. he met alexander head on and ground out the win. i can see comparisons bettween khan and alexander, and think it would be a simliar fight. bradleys head becoming involved along the way.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:57 pm

I wonder how much the constant head butting effected Alexander? Khan is better than Alexander anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:02 pm

Peterson isn't a pressure fighter, Bradley bullied him easily enough. Khan has speed but is probably on par or worse at everything else. Bradley has a tighter defence and greater inside technique. Khan doesn't have the power or accuracy of pacquiao and also fights a different way. He gets caught on he ropes very easily and a slightly cuter fighter like Bradley could do what Peterson and Maidana did but with better shot selection

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

yeah he is, and he will give bradley fits, im not saying he will defintely KO him or dominate him, just that he has the ability to pull of the peterson style performance and make khan fight his way.

im a big khan fan and think him and bradley are very closely matched.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:09 pm

Peterson applied pressure fighting tactics. Yes Khan was still ahead and should have won despite the deductions (ridiculous). Pac accurate? Since when? Khan has better accuracy and is a better boxer than Pac. I also question Pac's alleged power. I'd say Khan has the same power as Pac.

I can see a clear win for Khan in an exciting fight. Khan doesn't do boring fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

khan doesnt have pacs power, or his (or bradleys) chin. he has the speed and ability to win by keeping it on the outside, but when bradley comes inside, which he win, and make it scrappy khan will (or might) revert to type and try and out muscle or out trade him, which would be a disater for him.

khan has the skill, bradley has the work rate and will

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:13 pm

Bradley bulldozes Khan into a pulp. If he can't keep a fighter off him, and that has been the case thus far, then Bradley has a field day. Head down, pile forward. Khan doesn't have the power to stop him.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:19 pm

if bradley beats khan, then he is edging p4p top level status

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:45 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Bradley bulldozes Khan into a pulp. If he can't keep a fighter off him, and that has been the case thus far, then Bradley has a field day. Head down, pile forward. Khan doesn't have the power to stop him.

Disagree, Khan may not posses one punch knockout power, however he most certainly as the ability, skill, speed and accuracy to force a stoppage or flash knockdown that would daze Bradley. However I still think a easy night work for Khan on UD all night long.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:49 pm

i think bradley can walk through a lot of khans punchs, he has a incredible chin. if bradley gets confident and traps khan on the ropes or in the corner i think he could force is own stoppage. not a easy fight by any stretch of the imagination, and a loseable one for both sides. id give bradley the slight edge.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i think bradley can walk through a lot of khans punchs, he has a incredible chin. if bradley gets confident and traps khan on the ropes or in the corner i think he could force is own stoppage. not a easy fight by any stretch of the imagination, and a loseable one for both sides. id give bradley the slight edge.

Spot on analysis.....however I'd give khan the edge. Smile

Let's hope they can make the fight, last time Bradley wanted nothing to do with Khan, (they do say boxers know whom they have the beating of)

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

im willing to give bradley a chance because of the opponent he took on last night but it needs to be made. i think khan will call him out after the garcia fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:khan doesnt have pacs power, or his (or bradleys) chin. he has the speed and ability to win by keeping it on the outside, but when bradley comes inside, which he win, and make it scrappy khan will (or might) revert to type and try and out muscle or out trade him, which would be a disater for him.

khan has the skill, bradley has the work rate and will

You cant fault Khan's will. For me he is the better all round boxer. A master of one will always beat a jack of all trades especially when that Jack is competent only at those trades.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i think bradley can walk through a lot of khans punchs, he has a incredible chin. if bradley gets confident and traps khan on the ropes or in the corner i think he could force is own stoppage. not a easy fight by any stretch of the imagination, and a loseable one for both sides. id give bradley the slight edge.

We are starting to over-rate Bradley here. He doesn't possess an incredible chin. He has a good chin but has been down a few times. He's a clever operator but he is very beatable as displayed yesterday.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

wlad and vitali say otherwise

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:im willing to give bradley a chance because of the opponent he took on last night but it needs to be made. i think khan will call him out after the garcia fight.

Khan will call out Peterson or Money. Pac is tied up with Tim in the rematch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

azania wrote:

We are starting to over-rate Bradley here. He doesn't possess an incredible chin. He has a good chin but has been down a few times. He's a clever operator but he is very beatable as displayed yesterday.

hes been underated for a while, he was unified champ and nobody cared. i thought he was only put down once and could up and won the fight. maybe wrong. he is beatable, but peterson should that khan is too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:
azania wrote:

hes been underated for a while, he was unified champ and nobody cared. i thought he was only put down once and could up and won the fight. maybe wrong. he is beatable, but peterson should that khan is too.

Khan has proved to be beatable and everyone knows how to do it. Its no great secret. But Tim is not good enough to do it imo. Persnoally I wouldn't mention Paterson and try to retain credibility.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

nobodys giving garcia much of a chance are they. me neither.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

Too slow in hand and foot speed department. You can almost see him thinking what to do next. KO in 5.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Sun 10 Jun 2012, 10:53 pm

God, Khan hasn't been exposed enough yet still for some of the bum lickers to die down I see.

I guess they'll blindly cling to the drug test thing even though regardless of that the fight was further evidence he's really not all that.

Bradley to do a proper job on him if they met.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:03 pm

consigliare wrote:God, Khan hasn't been exposed enough yet still for some of the bum lickers to die down I see.

I guess they'll blindly cling to the drug test thing even though regardless of that the fight was further evidence he's really not all that.

Your doing the same thing with Bradley. Bradley has breezed throug ALL of the challenges put before him untill pacquiao. Khan struggled with maidana's and petersons aggressive style, that much is clear. Peterson was completely dominated by Bradley over 12. Juiced or not, it wasn't exactly skilled what Peterson was doing, go around the ring getting him on the ropes. Why is it so ridiculous to say that bradley can't do one better than Maidana and Peterson given how much better he is than them.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

Its funny how Khan beats Bradley cos of speed, Bradley has adapted to everyone put in front of him. Khan ran against Maidana and Peterson roughed him up inside, got caught cold against Prescott, didn't Bradley get caught cold against Kendall Holt yet got of the canvass and showed what a true champion he is! These are clear facts which were seen, not pointless unobjective opinions made.

If the fight happens Bradley would make Khan look so silly its untrue, I see the personal hatred and agendas are affecting peoples views on Khan v Bradley. id put my money on Bradley late stoppage.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:36 am

consigliare wrote:God, Khan hasn't been exposed enough yet still for some of the bum lickers to die down I see.

Unlike you, I am a boxing fan first and foremost. I don't score fights because I like one boxer over another, or hate a particular boxer.

But how can you say with a straight face that we should ignore the performance of a drugged up boxer? You may as well legitimise steroid taking with that attitude. Regardless of juicing, Khan was ahead on points. Great performance. He would have won that fight were it not for a ref determined to make a name for himself.

Khan would absolutely murder Bradley were they to fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Its funny how Khan beats Bradley cos of speed, Bradley has adapted to everyone put in front of him. Khan ran against Maidana and Peterson roughed him up inside, got caught cold against Prescott, didn't Bradley get caught cold against Kendall Holt yet got of the canvass and showed what a true champion he is! These are clear facts which were seen, not pointless unobjective opinions made.

If the fight happens Bradley would make Khan look so silly its untrue, I see the personal hatred and agendas are affecting peoples views on Khan v Bradley. id put my money on Bradley late stoppage.

Getting caught cold happens. But the punches that knocked out Khan at LW would have kept most other boxers down also. If you get hit hard enough, you go down and stay down. Its a biological thing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 5:59 am

Regardless of that fight......I think you shud take your one sided hat off and give credit where credit his due fo Khan taking on sum one juiced and in my opinion still won the fight with all the shadows hanging over the antic of Peterson and the fiddling of scorecards.

Another factor from a public point of view, I guarantee you any fight with Khan will not be a snooze fest one way or the other.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next