The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

+45
oldparwin
Doon the Water
Thomond
Dave.
ralphjohn69
George1507
mthierry
Slowride
beninho
Hibbz
LastDamnation
Diggers
SmithersJones
mystiroakey
monty junior
Faldono1fan
AlciG
kwinigolfer
Conehead
Sand
pedro
navyblueshorts
barragan
Plunky
NedB-H
twoeightnine
dynamark
raycastleunited
Leff
Islingtonv2
Shotrock
GPB
princedracula
hend085
delToro87
robopz
John Cregan
EmmDee57
Fader
McLaren
Skydriver
neutral07
sirbenson
super_realist
incontinentia
49 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 7 Empty PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by incontinentia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Notes this week from the Land That WiFi Forgot; but the beach cricket pitches are spectacular - if anyone only knew how to play. So: Notes very short, if not sweet.

2).Last week's entertainment in Memphis was predictably unpredictable. Good to have Dustin Johnson back in Victory Lane, but a short stint in front of the telly would have suggested that, if Rory had made just half the putts he missed under five feet, he'd have probably won.

3).Glimmer of form from two unlikely Aussie sources with Nick O'Hern registering his first top 25 finish of the season. Expect him also to play well in Hartford in a fortnight. And Robert Allenby was back on the leaderboard after a couple of months in the weeds. Allenby, who could always be depended upon for his ball-striking - and his unpredictable short game. Now the whole lot has been unpredictable. Maybe that will change with some confidence from a good result..

4).More good results from Greg Owen, now almost certain to qualify, not just for The Barclays, but for the Deutsche Bank also.

5).Dustin Johnson now has six wins since 2007 - only Woods (16), Mickelson (10), Stricker (9) and Zach (7) have more. About 3/1 against one of those five increasing his total this week?

6).Robert Karlsson has sunk to #50 in the World Rankings, perhaps just a continuation of his rotten form away from leaving for the Top 50 for the first time in over 4 years. The leaders in consecutive weeks in the top 50 might surprise:
Mickelson - 968
Donald - 406
Poulter - 299
Stricker - 275
Zach Johnson - 270
Westwood - 249
Kaymer - 229

7).No-one has won the US Open after winning on the PGA Tour the previous week, in recent history at least. Dustin Johnson has a lot to prove and his successes (and an ultimate disappointment) at Pebble Beach suggest that he's a strong candidate to upset that line in the record book. But the past two US Opens at Olympic have been won by Scott Simpson and Lee Janzen, top-class golfers to be sure but known better for steady play and sometimes excellent short games. Furyk-like, Donald, Stricker? Not sure I've got the faintest idea, but Olympic will certainly test the patience.

8).More as an item of interest than an indicator for this week, the 1998 leaders from this week's field include:
5th: Stricker
7th: Westwood
10th: Cink, Mickelson
14th: Furyk, Kuchar
18th: Woods
23rd: Casey Martin
25th: Bjorn, Singh,
32nd: Durant, Harrington
43th: Olin Browne
49th: Els

9).The forecast for Thursday and Friday at least suggests cool, breezy weather with temps not reaching 70F until the weekend. Combined with the traditional "heavy" ocean air, the course yardage of approx 7,100 yards will play much longer, especially given the very narrow actual landing areas on some fairways caused by the sloped landing areas. I'd guess that will favour a Westwood over a Donald, a Mahan over a Stricker, but really can't think of any "favourite".

10).So who are we going to be staying up late to see crowned "US Open Champion"? Not McIlroy or Donald for me, and not Bubba or even Tiger, despite his return to winning form at Memorial. In 2009 he won each of his last pre-Major start but came up empty; it would be a brave punter who bet on a repeat, but this may not be the opportunity for him. Best bet might be e.w. on someone like Peter Hanson. Or even a real stretch, Spencer Levin. And by that time I’ll have returned to the land of wi-fi.

From incontinentia (merged from another thread):

Site: The Olympic Club (Lake Course)

The course: The Lake Course was designed in 1924 by Willie Watson and Sam Whiting, and then Whiting redesigned it three years later because of significant storm damage. Its main characteristics are sloping, tree-lined fairways as the property works its way down toward Lake Merced. There is only one fairway bunker on the entire course, at the par-4 sixth. There have been minimal renovations over the years, except for a new hole created for the par-3 eighth that now plays 200 yards and was moved to the right. Hundreds of trees have been removed, opening views down toward Lake Merced.

Length: 7,170 yards
Par: 34-36—70

Last time at Olympic Club: Lee Janzen overcame a five-shot deficit against Payne Stewart and closed with a 2-under 68 for a two-shot victory. Janzen got a huge break in the final round when his ball, stuck in a tree on the fifth hole, was dislodged as Janzen was headed back to the tee to play his third shot. It was his second U.S. Open title.

U.S. Open champions at Olympic Club: Jack Fleck (1955), Billy Casper (1966), Scott Simpson (1987), Lee Janzen (1998).

Noteworthy: The four players who finished second in the U.S. Opens at The Olympic Club won a combined 27 majors. The four winners won a combined seven majors.

Quoteworthy: "Now we are going to get back to where it's not going to be so much fun and games out there. It's going to be hard work."—Johnny Miller on Olympic Club.

Key statistic: The U.S. Open is the only major Tiger Woods has not won in consecutive years.

Key coincidence: The U.S. Open champion played with Phil Mickelson in the opening two rounds twice in the last four years.

Tiger tales: Tiger Woods has gone four years without winning a major. The longest Jack Nicklaus went without a major was five years, a drought that began at age 41.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 7 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

Conehead wrote:We seemed to have slipped into Majors chat when i thought we were comparing who was better at the moment Woods or Donald?

I don't think turning up at the Transistions last year knowing only a win would guarantee you the money title and then winning or defending back to back BMW's could suggest anything other than Donald CAN handle pressure.

Whether he can handle it at the majors-well his record speaks for itself.

Points wise maybe the Memorial was bigger but I would view the European Tour's flagship event as a more prestigious title to win this season.

I'm sure if you offered the likes of Luke,Rory,Westy,Poults The Memorial or The BMW they would all take the latter.

Surely that's because they are all members of the European Tour where as the Memorial would rate higher amongst PGA tour players. At the end of the day though the field strength was higher at the Memorial so imo it's worth more.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 7 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Diggers Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

For my money, and some might find it controversial, Murray is a better tennis player than Donald is a golfer.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

What were the proportions in the field before play started?
I'd assume it would be a statistical certainty there are proportionally more Yanks in the field than others.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

Diggers wrote:For my money, and some might find it controversial, Murray is a better tennis player than Donald is a golfer.

I would agree Diggers, in my opinion he is the most talented GB sportsman.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

Diggers wrote:For my money, and some might find it controversial, Murray is a better tennis player than Donald is a golfer.
Agreed... Donald has got more from his game though.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:38 pm

Diggers - Not controversial, merely baffling. They are both without majors, but have both beaten the best. Donald is world no 1 & Murray is world no 3 or 4?. Yet Murray is the better in his field? Like I said baffling. Please explain.

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

Murray is up against 3 of the best players to have ever played the game. Donald isn't.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

I don't really think you can compare a tennis player to a golfer and vice versa

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere... but someone asked earlier about a possible disadvantage starting on the front or the back yesterday.

Round 1 average score for those:

starting on #1 = 74.96
starting on #9 = 74.88

(a difference of less than a tenth of a stroke) And of course we already know the A.M. to P.M. difference was 2/3 of a stroke (.66667).

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

lewis hamilton is by far the most talented UK sports person. He is a once in a generation(or two) talent.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

murray wouldnt even get in my top 10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
monty junior wrote:Donald might be better at getting up and down to win the Bangkok invitational but when has he ever done holed a sloping 10 footer on the last get in to a major, playoff or something similar. He's kind of similar to Andy Murray mentality wise in that there's no reason why he shouldnt win a major tournament (they have both won plenty of good tournaments wins) but just don't have it between the ears imo to win one of the big four. Tiger may be streaky these days but when it matters he more often than not delivers.
Eh?? I'd have thought in Murray's case there were three very good reasons not to do with his own mentality - those being Djokovic, Nadal and Federer.

Indeed, but he's so up and down mentally compared to those three is his main reason. He has so much talent, every shot but his concentration and attitude is pretty poor. He has beaten the top 3 18 times so it's not like he can't beat them.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

Faldono1fan wrote:Diggers - Not controversial, merely baffling. They are both without majors, but have both beaten the best. Donald is world no 1 & Murray is world no 3 or 4?. Yet Murray is the better in his field? Like I said baffling. Please explain.

For me the last two years have been very weak in terms of elite players. Murray has made it as high as number two in the world in an era that has 3 all time greats playing fantastic tennis. Murray has challenged in the slams...3 finals and even last year 4 semis which would suggest he is significantly better than anyone who isnt a great......
Murray has also won 8 Masters events which are equivalent to the WGC events in terms of field strength.
I just think he has done more.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:45 pm

Wow... was starting up USGA live "Marquee Grouping" coverage... to see how Westy and Rory do today... and it's gonna be Furyk, Sergio and McDowell instead.

I don't disagree with the change away from #1, #2, and #3 to a grouping more in contention... but geez... what a case of "what have you done for me lately".

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

McLaren wrote:
lewis hamilton is by far the most talented UK sports person. He is a once in a generation(or two) talent.

There's at least two guys on the grid at the moment that are as good if not better than him?!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

McLaren wrote:

You are joking aren't you? Nothing at all to do with being in one of the better cars. Stick him in a Force India

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:49 pm

Robo - Unless you have marquee draw (aka Tiger Woods) that's exactly the case. Westy still in the thick of things, but the #1 and #2 ranked players in the world on life support today.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

murray hasnt won a thing- at least mcilroy has and completly dominated when he did..

luke has been a no.1 for a very long time in the scheme of things that is a massive acheivement.

Lewis hamilton is another at the top of his sport.

even steven gerrard has won the greatest club prize of all time with massive impact.

ashley cole possibly the best player for 10 years in his position.

murrays claim is that he is the 4th best player.

nah i dont agree on this one at all.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

Oakey, Stephan Guivarch has won the world cup and he's gash.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:56 pm

point is simple SR- gerrard was the driving force behind that win. i think most would credit him for that- In his time he was the best player there was and proved it on the greatest stage.

If we didnt have any world champs i would be happy to put murray up there. but lets face it we have got people that are at the top of sports. Murray isnt. Ok gerrard isnt top anymore- granted, it was just an example

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:58 pm

mystiroakey wrote:murray wouldnt even get in my top 10

Fair enough, i just think what makes Murray one of Britains best sportsmen is the fact the UK are hopeless at tennis. He barely had anyone to look up to and Britain don't really have any tradition of top players as opposed to F1 with Clark, Stewart, Moss and Golf with Faldo, Jacklin etc. Some of Britains best sportsmen in no particular order, Murray,Hamilton, Button,McIlroy,Donald,Westwood,Froch, Cavendish,O'Sullivan,Higgins,Taylor.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Hamilton isn't either, and he's in something which isn't a level playing field and is 90% engineering.

Gerrard is a hasbeen now too.

Murray, Donald, Farah and Cavendish are probably the most highest achieving in International sport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:murray hasnt won a thing- at least mcilroy has and completly dominated when he did..

luke has been a no.1 for a very long time in the scheme of things that is a massive acheivement.

Lewis hamilton is another at the top of his sport.

even steven gerrard has won the greatest club prize of all time with massive impact.

ashley cole possibly the best player for 10 years in his position.

murrays claim is that he is the 4th best player.

nah i dont agree on this one at all.

He's just turned 25.

Has won 22 tour titles

8 Masters series titles, which have all of the top players.

Has been to 3 grand slam finals

Has won the Us Open Juniors

Has been ranked no.2 and ranked in the top 4 for four years in an era when there are 3 all time greats playing.

Not saying he's tip top of the UK but he's up there.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

Looks like round 2 is up and running.

Luke has pulled one back! Might be spitting against the wind though.

Suspect we may have a few more sporting legends to celebrate after the Olympics, but let's see. Am rather curious about Sir Nick Faldo. Wasn't interested in golf when he was playing, but have obviously heard a lot about him. A DVD box set of Faldo at the Open is about to be released (having been delayed from last year) - have ordered myself a copy and will watch the footage with interest... provided that I can put up with the relatively grainy footage in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

It doesnt say much for UK sport of he is considered our best...

I am not disrespecting him, I think some people feel as though golf isnt a sport so they would put other sportsmen above golfers even if there acheivments are less.

people also forget about team sports as well. what about our rugby union players, footballers, cricketers.

Cricket has a massive participation as well and players like KP must be up there above murray for my money

Last edited by mystiroakey on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:16 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
There you go again Mac. Armstrong is not a drugs cheat (fact). It's not been proven yet and unless you have first-hand knowledge from behind the scenes I'm not sure you're in a fit place to comment eh? Mind you, I have to say I'd like this allegation to stick.

Derailing here, but if anyone honestly believes that Armstrong is not a drugs cheat they're deluded.

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

I don't think the likes of Cricket and Rugby are international enough. Only a few countries play them, team sports are difficult too as you are a cog in a wheel.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Skydriver wrote:Looks like round 2 is up and running.

Luke has pulled one back! Might be spitting against the wind though.

Suspect we may have a few more sporting legends to celebrate after the Olympics, but let's see. Am rather curious about Sir Nick Faldo. Wasn't interested in golf when he was playing, but have obviously heard a lot about him. A DVD box set of Faldo at the Open is about to be released (having been delayed from last year) - have ordered myself a copy and will watch the footage with interest... provided that I can put up with the relatively grainy footage in 4:3 aspect ratio.

faldo was the reason i played golf. good times as well(he had great rivals- payne stewart, greg norman, seve ballesterous,etc). These days tiger sort of battered the potential match ups and we are in somewhat of a bitty time

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

navy

I meant in the context of the original joke. Although the evidence does not look good for him. I think you would have to be a little naive to think he is totally clean in sport where only cheats have prospered of late.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Solid start from some of the top EUs like Luke, Sergio, Colsaerts and a great recovery from GMac at the 2nd. Not so good for Peter Lawrie though... Furyk and Watney starting with bogeys...

Many say that today conditions could get even dryer/faster out there in the afternoon, we'll see...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

super_realist wrote:
sirbenson wrote:
super_realist wrote:Can't stand Nadal (for his trophy biting and saying "no" at the end of sentences) and Tsonga for his stupid pointing celebration.

Each to there own! Out of the top 4 I would only like Federer

Not fond of Federer, too smug despite being a brilliant player, and his wife is a fat dog.

I love you super_realist. I've had a dreadful day and that maybe brought the first smile to my face. I don't agree about Federer and I've no idea what his wife looks like, actually maybe I do was she the mousey one that used to sit next to Gwen Stefani?, but it just amused me that you'd dislike someone because of what his wife looked like. Wonderfully irreverent. Disappointed that McLaren didn't bite mind you but maybe if I highlight it he will........

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

=== removed

Last edited by robopz on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

ok anyway my top ten uk sportsmen on present form(last year)-I am gonna include team sports and i will include cricket due to its massive participation(mainly due to india but it has alot of particiaption). I am not gonna add any RU players because we have all just lost in the recent SH tours, bar scotland but..........who do you pick from that presnt team.

1. R miclroy(the major trumps all and just within a year)
2. Donald(been no.1 almost for the whole time)
3. Cook, amazing form
4. J. anderson see above
5. A cole. best LB, won a CL(based on defensive play as well)
6. murray(top player, tennis is getting tougher to compete in these days)
7. Lewis hamilton(currently no.1 in the standings- showing alot of maturity)
8. L westwood(best long game golfer by a country mile)
9. Ronnie O' sullivan(down on the list because of the sport he plays in- but possibly the most naturally gifted out of anyone on this list)
10 P taylor- see above.

Yes its cricket and golf biased but there you go(best sports by a mile)!!! However I am sure that will change after the oylimpics PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 7 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:47 pm

McLaren wrote:

Balderdash.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

Only the lucky and the rich get to drive about in karts as kids- the participation is way to low for any off them to be considered the most talented. However LH is one of the best, and he is a very exiting driver- he adds alot to the sport

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:51 pm

LastDamnation wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
There you go again Mac. Armstrong is not a drugs cheat (fact). It's not been proven yet and unless you have first-hand knowledge from behind the scenes I'm not sure you're in a fit place to comment eh? Mind you, I have to say I'd like this allegation to stick.

Derailing here, but if anyone honestly believes that Armstrong is not a drugs cheat they're deluded.
Er. The point is it isn't proven is it? Want to have another go? Whistle
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:51 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok anyway my top ten uk sportsmen on present form(last year)-I am gonna include team sports and i will include cricket due to its massive participation(mainly due to india but it has alot of particiaption). I am not gonna add any RU players because we have all just lost in the recent SH tours, bar scotland but..........who do you pick from that presnt team.

3. Cook, amazing form
4. J. anderson see above
9. Ronnie O' sullivan(down on the list because of the sport he plays in- but possibly the most naturally gifted out of anyone on this list)
10 P taylor- see above.

Yes its cricket and golf biased but there you go(best sports by a mile)!!! However I am sure that will change after the oylimpics PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 7 732107

I don't see a whole lot wrong with this except the two cricketers, purely because test cricket is very much a closed field in terms of countries competing. I'm no expert but aren't there only ten playing nations? wouldn't even cross my mind for top 20 but it really depends if you regard players from large team games in your list or not.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ok anyway my top ten uk sportsmen on present form(last year)-I am gonna include team sports and i will include cricket due to its massive participation(mainly due to india but it has alot of particiaption). I am not gonna add any RU players because we have all just lost in the recent SH tours, bar scotland but..........who do you pick from that presnt team.

3. Cook, amazing form
4. J. anderson see above
10 P taylor- see above.

Id have to have Cavendish and Wiggins in there, cycling is a huge participant sport. If Wiggins wins the Tour it will be a truly incredible achievement for a Brit, indeed unprecedented.
Id also have Mo Farah right up there, incredibly tough sport to compete in, always stacks of quality in the events he pretty much dominated last year, only lost two races and fastest European ever. Becky Adlington should be in there if its sports people as opposed to sportsmen.
Id lose Taylor and Ronnie because of the parochial nature of what they do.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

they are part of the no.1 test team in the world. and the two best performers. Offcourse this is my list and it is very opinion based. I am sure most wouldnt put cricketers in there, i personally think they deserve to be in there. How many countries truely compete in golf? (remember that cricket has many associate teams as well as the top 10 test teams)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

I think cricket is something like the second most played team sport in the world...mostly thanks to India. After football is there really a truly global team sport, probably basketball in terms of countries played.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:08 pm

yep its very popular, there is only one truely global sport as you say

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

westy under par for the day- nice..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

Can i throw in Luol Deng, if we are taking team sports, he is a very good British sports star in a massive global sport...

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

throw him in.

who is he?(scuse my ignorance)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

How about we talk about the golf.

Westwood has realized something rory didn't; that a string of bogey holes will happen this week. He has moved on from a poor run and is in great shape now.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

gmac looks decent. But gonna call a westy v woods final group Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

Hunter mahan really isn't able to chip. Anyone know if he was ever any good or did it stem from his duff at the ryder cup?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

Superb performance from Colsaerts so far, I have to say I was only half confident about his chances here this week...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

mystiroakey wrote:throw him in.

who is he?(scuse my ignorance)

He plays basketball for the Chicago Bulls, and should hopefully be in Team GB for the Olympics. Not sure he's *that* good though - I don't think he's in the top echelon of players (past or present), but I think beninho is making the point that he's done amazingly well for a Brit.

Mind you, he's not British by birth (at least I don't think so - didn't he come here from Sudan?), but we'll certainly claim him!

EDIT: I think he made the bench for the NBA All Star game, which *is* arguably top echelon - so perhaps fair enough. But there are still players out there considered better.

Last edited by Skydriver on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

Predictions for the winning score on Sun?
My guess is: Even par

Predictions for CUT score?
My guess is: +5

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next