The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars

+11
Buzzman
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
Mr H
Hero
NickisBHAFC
robbo277
psycho-gooner
MtotheC
GSC
Sunnydapasingh1984
15 posters

Go down

Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars Empty Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Titus O'neil and D Young - The Prime Time Playerzzzzzz

Would be interested to get to know fellow fan's thoughts on the theses guys.....personally I think they have been a breath of fresh air and I believe alot of this his down to WWE for once going back to the basics:

Same outfits
A proper old school tag team gimmick
Not just two individual solo wrestlers thrown together
Good current gimmick
Common entrance theme and video

Millions of dollars, millions of dollars, millions, billions, zillions of dollars

How would you book these guys?

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars Empty Re: Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:13 pm

Feud with Hunico leading to a match at WM for all the titles.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars Empty Re: Millions of dollars, millions, millions, zillions, billions of dollars

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:13 pm

In a Mae Young on a pole match
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:18 pm

Good sensible reply, 10 out of 10 for such creativity

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:51 pm

Neither guy really impresses me at all, I would be surprised if either had any longevity in the company. I would assume that their team will fizz out once creative run out of ideas for them, there is only so far being naturally athletic can get you and I don't see anything more in d.young or o'neil.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

They're good, not great. They're the best of a bad bunch to be honest. Even the tag-teams from 06-09 were better. Oh how i miss Londrick

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:44 pm

I think they're benefiting from an improved tag scene, for example the Usos and Epico and Primo both have that genuine tag team feel (although the current champs are two single wrestlers thrown together). Not sure if they'll have a long-term future as individuals or a team, but they're doing alright at the moment. I think they should take the tag team titles (as they are more likely to defend them than R-Truth and Kofi Kingston.

I don't think the tag team division needs a particularly high profile, I just think it needs some proper competition, even if they never main event and even if they are primarily defended on NXT and/or Superstars.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

I love these guys

Make me laugh esspically when they dance around doing there MILLIONS OF DOLLARS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MILLIONS BILLIONS BILLIONS MILLIONS thing.

Good tag team and dare i say it the tag team division is on the way up

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

What I'd like to see is with the upcoming 1000th episode for WWE to bring back the New Age Outlaws, whilst I'm not a big fan of the older guys returning and taking up airtime the tag division needs recognised names, by bringing these in though it would then make a name for whichever tag team then went over them which could be done with Young & O'Neill (although when I asked Road Dogg earlier today he said given the choice he'd give the rub to Reks & Hawkins)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Not being funny but such is the poor state of the tagteam division that you could put any two guys together, dress them the same, give them a gimmick and everyone will think they are good team and have potential, because there is no one else to compare them against.

Imagine The Primetime Players in the same era as The Dudleys, Hardys and E&C.

Puts it into perspective, doesnt it?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Yeh, I'm not a big fan of these guys as of yet, hopefully they'll change my opinion but I just don't rate them, plus Young still looks like Black Cena

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 Jun 2012, 12:29 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote: Young still looks like Black Cena

I still can't believe WWE haven't used this yet in a storyline.

If they made Young get the same haircut, wear the same clothes, it'd be great. Especially with Cena's ties with wanting to be a rapper.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 21 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

Crimey wrote:

If they made Young get the same haircut, wear the same clothes, it'd be great. Especially with Cena's ties with wanting to be a rapper.

It'd be shocking! haha, first of all, neither of them can wrestle. Secondly it would be pointless if Young can't do a good cena impression. Finally even if he could, it wouldn't be as good as the Lethal/Flair feud so it would make WWE look weak and as if they stole the idea too.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

they might not be great wrestlers but i love them tbh

hopefully they actually have a fued now with the A.W thing
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

I really like them, doing something a bit different and re-energizing the tag divisions

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Ermm money money,yeah yeah?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:33 pm

Crimey wrote:

I'm sure it was mentioned once on WWE TV, but I think it was just an off-hand remark, rather than a storyline per se.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

Gregers wrote:I really like them, doing something a bit different and re-energizing the tag divisions

So in your opinion, how are they re-energising the tag division? because I really fail to see it and what is it that they are doing a bit different? Because again I don't see that either, they are boring and generic, their move sets are limited and their ability on the mic is average at best. D.young has some potential but after already failing to get over at all in nxt twice and he has already served a wellness suspension, as I mention above I don't see him having any longevity in the business, personally I think he's a worse consequences creed! As for o'neil he's a very athletic, muscle bound, vanilla personality that's it! The stupid bark he does says it all!

It's good to see new teams being forged but don't jump straight on the bandwagon claiming that they have re-energised the tag division because that's simply not the case, they had a 9 min match and segment on raw this past Monday, hardly a re-energised division.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:57 pm

It happens every few months where a half decent tag team appears and people assume the tag team division is being reinvigorated and WWE will focus on tag teams again and the tag team is amazing and then a few months later the WWE splits the tag team up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:52 pm

I think these guys are great, hope the WWE give them a real chance to shine.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down