The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton comeback

+2
manos de piedra
irishbrads
6 posters

Go down

Hatton comeback Empty Hatton comeback

Post by irishbrads Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:20 am

Hi guys,

Seen this article that Joe Gallagher has in the Manchester Evening news, he tweeted a link to it yesterday. Just wondering what you guys thoughts are on this. Obvioulsy Joe is a man in the know in the Manchester are so there must be something to this, no denial from Ricky Hatton either as of yet.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/boxing/s/1581808_joe-gallagher-column-could-ricky-hatton-be-lured-back-into-the-ring

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Hatton comeback Empty Re: Hatton comeback

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:33 am

It doesnt really seem to be based on much other than the fact Hatton has managed to avoid becoming a complete blimp for the time being. I dont really see where Joe Gallagher is coming from with this one. Coming back to fight Malignaggi again? Doesnt really do much for Hatton. He beat him before so whats the point?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:38 am

Manos agreed, not much point other than giving Hatton a chance to re-live the glory days and a night out for the boys.

Joe Gallagher doesn't strike me as the type of guy to write something like that based on the simple fact that Hatton has lost some weight recently, he must be privy to some other information to write an article like that in the Manchester Evening News. No Matter what a Hatton comeback in the MEN arena would be massive.

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:49 am

irishbrads wrote:Manos agreed, not much point other than giving Hatton a chance to re-live the glory days and a night out for the boys.

Joe Gallagher doesn't strike me as the type of guy to write something like that based on the simple fact that Hatton has lost some weight recently, he must be privy to some other information to write an article like that in the Manchester Evening News. No Matter what a Hatton comeback in the MEN arena would be massive.

I guess so, but if hs going to write the article he should probably include a bit more of a substantial source for the comeback other than just a bit of weight loss. Id say alot retired boxers toy with the idea of making a comeback. More often than not it doesnt work out well if they do.

If Hatton did comeback for a once off I would guess it would be somebody like Morales he would choose.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 7:57 am

If he came back then surely it would be against Erik and purely done to raise his promotional companies stock and throw a spanner in the TV works? He is no longer elite, obviously. He's eaten too much to be considered elite now.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:01 am

i know Erik morales was touted as a possible opponent for a comeback last year but surely Malignaggi would be as low risk but a more credible opponent. Obviously Erik is a legend and has some good perfomances of late but would be seen as most as shell of his former self and would be a difficult sell?

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:09 am

Paulie has already been beaten by Hatton, but would no doubt take the fight. The money would be good and a chance to avenge his loss would be good. Paulie has a lot of heart. The fight however, would not be good.

Last edited by davidemore on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:13 am

davidemore wrote:Paulie has already been beaten by Hatton, but would no doubt taker the fight. The money would be good and a chance to avenge his loss would be good. Paulie has a lot of heart. The fight however, would not be good.

but sill a better opponent than Erik in my eyes.

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:25 am

Neither are good, only viable.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:55 am

i dont think it'll happen but i think its great that hatton is getting in shape. on twitter he's always saying how much he's running and he's been doing rounds on the bags, on top of all the training he does for his fighters.

joe trains a couple of fighters that hatton promotes so maybe he knows him quite well.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:45 am

Has anyone seen Hatton, he CANNOT and will not make 140 or 147 for that matter and I really doubt they will put someone like him in vs a bigger fighter like a light middle or middleweight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

The fight would make sense for both fighters, Paulie has always wanted a rematch and has looked good since going up a weight..

Hatton will feel he can beat him again and become a world champ again ..

Not out of the question.. Thing is, i would fancy paulie to get a points decision as i cant see Hatton being back to his best with so much time out..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

i dont think the fight makes sense, if paulie beats him, he's beat someone who's been retired for 3 years and has been vastly overweight.

i dont see the need to return for hatton. he did so much that another belt wouldnt mean anything, especially over an opponent he beat already.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

OasisBFC wrote:i dont think the fight makes sense, if paulie beats him, he's beat someone who's been retired for 3 years and has been vastly overweight.

i dont see the need to return for hatton. he did so much that another belt wouldnt mean anything, especially over an opponent he beat already.

If Paulie beats him he improves his record as he would beat a fighter who beat him as well as good promotion and pay day... For hatton its another chance of being a world champ and beating a decent fighter again..

Makes sense to me..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

the only thing it earns paulie is a big pay day.

there's ring rust and there's hatton. 3 years of no real training, eating, drinking and lets face it, doing coke, is not good prep for hatton. he's 3 years older and rustier.

you know what critics (both in the press and on here) are like if a fighter loses. suddenly bute was rubbish over night after froch. paulie would be beating a shell of the fighter that stopped him years ago.

plus i dont rate paulie anyway so beating someone he's already beat so handily wouldn't do much for his legacy. but if haye can come out of retirement to fight chisora anything can happen.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
plus i dont rate paulie anyway so beating someone he's already beat so handily wouldn't do much for his legacy. but if haye can come out of retirement to fight chisora anything can happen.
David Haye retired???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down