The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season?

+4
crazy_dave23
Skyforger
GurTPL
Good Golly I'm Olly
8 posters

Go down

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season?

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Vote_lcap29%Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Vote_lcap71%Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 14

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Empty Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Do you think Manning will reach the same heights this next season as he had done in previous years.

I say no, they have done 4 neck surgeries for a reason. And I can see him getting hurt, and I really don't want that to happen as it will effect his life after NFL.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Empty Re: Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season?

Post by GurTPL Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:46 pm

I think he'll be just as good as he ever was... until he takes his first big sack. That's the great unknowable - the teams that chased after him saw him working out and clearly had no doubts over what he can do as if this moment in time, so I think he's back to full strength right now, but no-one will know how much of an effect the first hit he takes will have until after it's happened, so all bets are off the table. He could stand straight back up, shake it off, and be absolutely fine - or it could end his career. We simply have no way of knowing.

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season? Empty Re: Peyton Manning. Will he be as good as he was in the upcoming season?

Post by Skyforger Wed 11 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

I think GurTPL has it right. Peyton has the advantage he's reasonably well liked and respected amongst the league so nobody is likely to deliberately target the neck, but even so he is going to get sacked.

I can't think of anything worse for him, the team or the fans, as the sight of him going off on a stretcher after the first scrimmage of the Bears game.

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

No I don't think he will be as goof... he wont be bad by any stretch, but age is also starting to catch up with him and I don't reckon we will see another "mega" season out of him

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Wed 11 Jul 2012, 9:49 pm

There should be a "I Flip hope so" option...

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

I voted yes. If Tebow got them to the playoffs with those receivers and being given chances by the Broncos D and Matt Prater kicking miracles then Peyton must be able to do better than Tim.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:24 am

I've gone no.

I still think he's a huge upgrade on Tebow, but he's a 36/37yr old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries, playing in a new system, behind a new line. There's bound to be a drop off in his production at some point, and i can see it happening this year.

He'll still be good, just not as good as the Peyton of old.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

dancingweeman wrote:I've gone no.

I still think he's a huge upgrade on Tebow, but he's a 36/37yr old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries, playing in a new system, behind a new line. There's bound to be a drop off in his production at some point, and i can see it happening this year.

He'll still be good, just not as good as the Peyton of old.
+1 Agree with everything Dancingweeman put
Just hope he does not get hurt
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down