The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peyton manning released

+16
TheBrownTown
Colan (niner)
Pekchenko
Forward Pass
skins4ever
mikeygnfl
Number-25
Leedscowboys
The Mangler US_UK
cherriesfna
Bull
Dave.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
BamBam
crazy_dave23
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peyton manning released Empty Peyton manning released

Post by Guest Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Just confirmed on sky sports news

Off to jets maybe?

Back to top Go down

Peyton manning released Empty Re: Peyton manning released

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

I'm starting my new campaign

ANYONE BUT THE JETS

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:34 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I'm starting my new campaign

ANYONE BUT THE JETS

Can I be campaign manager?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I'm starting my new campaign

ANYONE BUT THE JETS
Can the Jets really afford to add Manning to their roster? I doubt he will be willing to take much of a cut from his $20+ million.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:15 pm

They probably can't afford and I know its the rabid NY media trying to hype it up out of proportion - however it is mentioned as a possible destination and I for one cannot think of a worse place

ANYONE BUT THE JETS

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:17 pm

Manning to the Jets!!!

But he has to retire due to a reoccurance of his neck injury in pre-season.

ANYONE BUT THE JETS
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

Cry

I'll get over it if he went to the Cards, but I just find this whole thing very sad.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 07 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

i think he will go to Miami

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 07 Mar 2012, 11:32 pm

cmon peyton the pacific nort west is nice this time of year
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 08 Mar 2012, 12:14 am

Apparently he is "set" on staying in the AFC so that there is still the potential for a Manning VS Manning Super Bowl.

LaDainian Tomlinson has said that if Manning goes to the Jets then Sanchez will be asking for his release (sounds like an added bonus to me). Reggie Wayne would like to join up with Manning again, Wayne probably won't be resigned by the Colts so it's a possibilty (even if it's a long shot). Also apparently Manning's friendship with Marino gives Miami an edge in the race for Manning if they want to sign him, but will Philbin want him over his former player Flynn?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 08 Mar 2012, 1:03 am

Manning is also friends with Whisenhunt and plays golf with him and I don't think Whiz would mind turning over the reins of the offense to Manning because Manning basically becomes the offensive coordinator, which is why I don't see him going to play with the Redskins. He also recently had dinner with Larry Fitzgerald. Other things that might attract him to Arizona are the Cardinals play in a dome and the Cardinals, unlike the Jets and Fins, are not in the AFC East and will not have to face Brady and the Pats twice a year. Plus, despite the 49ers rise last season, the NFC West is still considered weak and Manning really wants another title.

I don't know if the Cards can put up a decent enough O-line for him, but they've got a good defense, which is something he wants and they would make a move to pick up Reggie Wayne to keep Manning happy.

There are several teams that have a realistic shot at Manning, we'll just have to wait and see.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:55 am

Derbyblue wrote:Apparently he is "set" on staying in the AFC so that there is still the potential for a Manning VS Manning Super Bowl.

LaDainian Tomlinson has said that if Manning goes to the Jets then Sanchez will be asking for his release (sounds like an added bonus to me). Reggie Wayne would like to join up with Manning again, Wayne probably won't be resigned by the Colts so it's a possibilty (even if it's a long shot). Also apparently Manning's friendship with Marino gives Miami an edge in the race for Manning if they want to sign him, but will Philbin want him over his former player Flynn?

if that happens snchize will coem to seattle sao pete and mark can start there USC love affair again
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:56 am

I think the Seahawks were the first to make contact once he cleared the waivers.

Although not a Texan fan, I think Houston would be his best desitnation, they have a primer WR in Holmes, a Pro Bowl RB in Forster, they also have good young TE in Daniels and some good young WR, and a top performing Defence.

an outside bet would be the Titants, Manning returning to Tennesse, where he played College Football.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

NFL.com saying the Texans aren't interested. To be honest, I'd have thought they'd be mental to go after Manning. Schaub has done a great job there and to blow it all up for the sake of a short term fix, and an unpredictable one at that, from Manning would have been crazy in my book.

Not sure I see him going to the Titans. I reckon they'll be looking to step up Locker's development and see what they've really got there. He looked promising in the action he had last season.

I'm still not really sure where I see him ending up. I said Miami yesterday but am getting more convinced by the Arizona argument. No idea where that would leave poor Kevin Kolb though!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 08 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

I just wonder if the Cleveland Browns could be the wild card choice?

They look in the market for a QB and are one of the closest teams to Indianapolis. Plus they have a large salary cap space to fill and could get in Reggie Wayne as part of the deal. That would also leave them with very good draft options.

The big downside for Manning though would be the tough division.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 08 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Of all the teams mentioned, I must admit the Cards make most sense. They have Skelton who showed potential last year, a pretty much failed experiment in Kolb and I believe the best WR in the league in Fitz. If they picked up Wayne, I reckon a fit Manning could turn them into a very dangerous team.

The risk with all this is Manning's physical shape. The money isn't really a factor because any new contract will be structured to account for any risk of re-injury. If he's good to go, what better teacher for Skelton. Maybe he'll do a Warner and have one last hoorah?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Thu 08 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

Be suprised if it was the Browns as they are at least 1 or 2 drafts away from being a playoff team

Still think it will be either of the NFC West teams

Must be alot of worried starting QB's at the moment
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Thu 08 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

I think form everything i have read there seems to be more of a case for Manning in Miami. As a Miami fan i really think that if we added Manning and Wayne, then we wouldn't be that far away- certainly we would have an excellent chance of making the playoffs with a well rounded offence. We could address needs at defensive end/ offensive line in the draft and would maybe then only be a safety away from being a genuine superbowl contender.A warm climate, good relationship with Dan Marino, already owns property there- it all seems a good fit. My only issue is if we miss out on Flynn and he turns out to be the 10 year franchise QB we have been looking for. Many people comparing him to Kolb, but even in his 2 starts ive seen enough to suggest that he is a grade higher. Couple that with Philbin as our new head coach and you think that it might be a perfect match.On the other hand we could sign him and he is maybe a small step up from Moore, miss out on Manning and watch him turn round the Cards or the Skins. Its a big gamble either way, especially considering Mannings injury status. Moore actually looked good in the second half of the season and is a more than able backup, which could be a problem as he isone of those qbs good enough to win you enough games for a no.10 draft pick. Should get rid of him and bring in JaMarcus Russel as back up so that if the project doesn't work we get a first round draft pick next season!!

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 08 Mar 2012, 3:16 pm

I don't think the nfc west makes as much sense, rumours are that he wants to stay in the NFC and Miami has enough cash to get Wayne etc. Miami is an up and coming team and adding him would get them to the playoffs and he could play brady a few times. In the NFC west, arizona are ok and Seattle are pretty good but the niners seems to have good things in place and with another good draft and fa, it will be hard to catch them. I honestly think with manning that miami could win their division, their 0-line is good, their pass rush is pretty good and they have a great secondary plus marshall and bush

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

niner wrote:I don't think the nfc west makes as much sense, rumours are that he wants to stay in the NFC and Miami has enough cash to get Wayne etc. Miami is an up and coming team and adding him would get them to the playoffs and he could play brady a few times. In the NFC west, arizona are ok and Seattle are pretty good but the niners seems to have good things in place and with another good draft and fa, it will be hard to catch them. I honestly think with manning that miami could win their division, their 0-line is good, their pass rush is pretty good and they have a great secondary plus marshall and bush

niners are good(OK gREAT :p) but last year they had an easier scedule and against a very good improved sea+ari and a 1st place scedule (Giants and saints) and NFC north i cant see more than 11 wins, + AFC east (Pats).

1 SAn Fran 11-5
2 Seattle 8-8 w manning 11-5
3 ari 8-8 w manning 10-6
4stl 5-11

also with manning seattles offence wud be unstoppable, beast mode+ manning+rice+Poss wayne. OMG!!!!!!!!! Yahoo
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

I'd be happy with that record tbh, I don't expect as many wins as last season but with a full offseason and the addition of some quality receivers, I'd hope a playoff run is possible again, I'd be surprised if Seattle wanted Manning, one of the promising things about the team is that it is young, why add a qb that will cost that much, with the injury concerns. Seattle is solid in most positions, I'd say going after RG3 would be smarter, they have solid guys in the playmaking positions and a good D so they can afford to make a big move, and even if he is a rookie, he would be better than tjax

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

my plan wud be get manning for 2-3years and get a young QB...(cousins) in teh draft, manning play for teo while coaching him up and then in the 3rd year give teh youngster his chance with peyton on teh sidelines
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

im actually hoping you guys do get manning, the niners gave the nfc west a little bid of publicity and credibility last year and manning would change the negative opinion of the division even more

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:I just wonder if the Cleveland Browns could be the wild card choice?

They look in the market for a QB and are one of the closest teams to Indianapolis. Plus they have a large salary cap space to fill and could get in Reggie Wayne as part of the deal. That would also leave them with very good draft options.

The big downside for Manning though would be the tough division.
Our GM has said we aren't going to go after Manning, and has said before we aren't going to sign a free agent QB. Also I doubt he would want to come to Cleveland, when you're coming back from missing a whole season due to neck/spinal injuries which required surgery I doubt your ideal new team would be one that has to face the Steelers and Ravens twice a year.

Also think it's a little bit of a waste of a teams money to go after Wayne on top of Manning, I imagine he'll be chasing top WR money but I don't think he's really worth it any more, they'll come into your franchise for 3 or 4 years taking $30millionish of your cap room and then leave for retirement.

If he is genuinely set on an AFC team then Miami looks like the place he'll end up.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu 08 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

I would have better every last dollar I have that Cleveland would not be a destination primarily because Manning wants to go to a team that he can have a chance of winning a Super Bowl with in the next 3 years and Cleveland just isn't there yet. Manning, if he even returns to form, realistically has a very short shelf life. Teams have to take that into consideration -- do you take the short term fix and possibly jeopardize your long-term plans.

I think Cleveland will go for RG3.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:18 am

Well judging by the word coming out of the Manning camp, he definitely won't come to the NFC, so I suspect Miami is now the favourite landing site. Thankfully he's absolutely put the idea of going to the Skins to bed, so its back to the RGIII competition for us.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:23 am

skins4ever wrote:Well judging by the word coming out of the Manning camp, he definitely won't come to the NFC, so I suspect Miami is now the favourite landing site. Thankfully he's absolutely put the idea of going to the Skins to bed, so its back to the RGIII competition for us.

well i didnt want him anyway raspberry
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:27 am

Haha! I came on here to say the exact same thing Skins4ever!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/report-manning-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-redskins/

Thank God!! Not sure just how interested we would have been in Manning anyway and how much we might just have been feigning interest to try and make the Rams think we aren't all that sold on trading up to the No. 2 spot to get RG3 and maybe drive that price down. Either way, I'm glad we don't appear to be in the running in the Manning chase.

RG3 or bust!!!!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:21 pm

Manning to the Fins means bad news for the AFC East, not only do you contend with Brady twice a season but Manning for another 2 games, thats 25% of your games against arguably 2 of the best QB in the last 10 years, the Fins already have Marshall a talented WR with Manning would get your around 1100 yards and 12-14 TD a season if Wayne goes as well imagine the carnage, I would not rule out Clarke either for a 3rd round pick. They have the 8th pick this year and some mocks have them taking a D/Lineman if Manning shows up I would expect them to look at Martin or Reif to play RT opposite Long, last year they took Poncey and in the 2nd they could still pick up a talented OG maybe Washington, and Miami now become serious players in the AFC a talented fairly young OL Manning at QB Marshall and Wayne as the main WR and Clark at TE with Faisno. They just need another RB in FA and they become dangerous maybe a Hillis to go with Bush.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 09 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Leedscowboys wrote:Manning to the Fins means bad news for the AFC East, not only do you contend with Brady twice a season but Manning for another 2 games, thats 25% of your games against arguably 2 of the best QB in the last 10 years, the Fins already have Marshall a talented WR with Manning would get your around 1100 yards and 12-14 TD a season if Wayne goes as well imagine the carnage, I would not rule out Clarke either for a 3rd round pick. They have the 8th pick this year and some mocks have them taking a D/Lineman if Manning shows up I would expect them to look at Martin or Reif to play RT opposite Long, last year they took Poncey and in the 2nd they could still pick up a talented OG maybe Washington, and Miami now become serious players in the AFC a talented fairly young OL Manning at QB Marshall and Wayne as the main WR and Clark at TE with Faisno. They just need another RB in FA and they become dangerous maybe a Hillis to go with Bush.
This is all dependent on Peyton Manning being fit to play. People are talking about him being a quarterback for the next 2-3 years but lets see if he can last 2-3 games first. It will be interesting to see what happens when he gets hit for the first time.

If Peyton Manning wants to join an AFC team with a chance of the play offs maybe the Kansas City Chiefs would be the best fit seen as they were within touching distance of the play offs last season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

Actually, I'd be quite happy if Manning goes to Miami, as that will put Flynn in the frame for the Skins. RGIII may well be too expensive, but if we sign Flynn there's no pressure on us to sell the house (at least this year) to get a franchise QB in the draft. If he works brilliant, and we draft OL or receiver help for him, if he doesn't then no shame on us for going after him as he's effectively the 2nd highest rated FA QB.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

Hmmm, I dunno Skins, I'm very wary of Flynn. He's gonna want paid and I'm not sure he's worth it. He only started one year in college and obviously just the 2 NFL games. He's pretty much just as big an unknown as RG3 and will eat up more salary cap space. In college he was said to be not very accurate and prone to hanging on the ball too long...... sounds a little like Jason Campbell and we've been there, done that!!

I think at some point, unless you have a pick in the top 3 or thereabouts in the draft, then you have to give up a lot in terms of draft picks to get a franchise QB unless you are very, very lucky and find a hidden gem. We're picking 6th this year so that lessens the amount we have to give up than if we go on and have a half decent season next season which Shanahan and Allen have to got to believe that we will. I say we should make the move this year and grab RG3 and use the massive amount of cap space that we have to add the other pieces.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

Peter King just said on twitter that my broncos are "desperate" for Peyton Manning. I don't know if he'd choose us over Miami or Arizona but we have the cap room and I would love it if he was a bronco. Some Tebow fans wouldn't like it but he could learn from one of the best ever for a couple of years whilst still playing a few downs in certain situations

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

sounds a little like Jason Campbell and we've been there, done that!!

You could probably get Campbell back this season though... Whistle

In fairness I think he could have settled in at Oakland before his injury sent them out to get Palmer. I'm still a little unsure on that one, but if he can hit the heights we have a chance to make the playoffs.

Reading Bleacher Report, it seemed like Miami are ready to go for Manning over Flynn.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

BTW, anyone else think the talent level currently on the Miami Dolphins is being overstated a bit at the moment? There's a lot of chat about how Manning would put them over the top and make them a contender but this is a team that had to wait until week 9 last season to win a game! When they finally did start winning, they never beat a single team that finished the season with a winning record.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

Number-25 wrote:BTW, anyone else think the talent level currently on the Miami Dolphins is being overstated a bit at the moment? There's a lot of chat about how Manning would put them over the top and make them a contender but this is a team that had to wait until week 9 last season to win a game! When they finally did start winning, they never beat a single team that finished the season with a winning record.

I'd agree with that, and I don't think Manning would necessarily be the answer for them.

One thing I did see on the internet, was Miami were looking to trade up to #2 and make a play for RG3, but in the process losing Brandon Marshall and their #4 pick. Probably internet talk and nothing more, but it doesn't make all that much sense to me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Fri 09 Mar 2012, 5:14 pm

Number-25 wrote:BTW, anyone else think the talent level currently on the Miami Dolphins is being overstated a bit at the moment? There's a lot of chat about how Manning would put them over the top and make them a contender but this is a team that had to wait until week 9 last season to win a game! When they finally did start winning, they never beat a single team that finished the season with a winning record.

both Marshall and Bush had solid seasons, thrown in Manning and another strong WR and TE like Clarke would certainly make the Fins impressive.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

Reggie Bush is still Reggie Bush to me - elusive and talented but not good enough to be a factor in enough games to be an RB you can rely on to get the job done over the course of a whole season. He was always a peripheral figure in the awesome Saints offense and even last year he only woke up in the second half of the season. Marshall is good though if a bit tempramental!

Their defense was just middle of the road last season and pass defense was poor. I'm not familiar with their cap numbers - anyone know how much wiggle room they've got to bring in the extra help they besides Manning?

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Fri 09 Mar 2012, 7:42 pm

I am sure the Fins could free up further money but cutting say Solia he is worth around $12million, restructure a couple of other contracts and a few released players will give them some wiggle room, not Chiefs or Bucs room but easily somewhere around $20ish million dollars.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

Well... he is visiting Denver and then the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals after he meets with the Broncos.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277cfbc/article/peyton-manning-to-meet-with-broncos-on-friday-night?module=HP11_breaking_news

cant be 100% anti NFC after all.

ANYONE BUT THE JETS

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

He wants the NFC so that he can face Brady in next year's Superbowl and not have to go to Gillette and lose again Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:31 pm

If Peyton Manning has any designs on the play offs/ Super Bowl then a move to the AFC West makes most sense with there being nothing to split between the four teams last season. There will be no Patriots, no Ravens, Steelers or Bengals and no Texans.

That said a Jets v Giants, all Manning Super Bowl in New York in 2014 has a nice ring to it.

mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:05 pm

No chance! The RG3-fuelled Redskins will have put the Giants well and truly in their place by then...... Whistle

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:42 pm

TheBrownTown wrote:Peter King just said on twitter that my broncos are "desperate" for Peyton Manning. I don't know if he'd choose us over Miami or Arizona but we have the cap room and I would love it if he was a bronco. Some Tebow fans wouldn't like it but he could learn from one of the best ever for a couple of years whilst still playing a few downs in certain situations

Getting Manning would be a Godsend for John Elway if he isn't sold on Tebow as the starter. As it is now, there is practically no way he can get rid of Tebow or bench him. If he gets Manning, it's a bloodless coup and even the Tebowites couldn't really complain about benching Tebow for Manning (unless Manning isn't recovered and sucks). With Tebow on the bench for several years, it would be a lot easier for Elway to get rid of him.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:16 am

My Campaign succeeded...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827808e2/article/jets-give-sanchez-threeyear-405-million-extension?module=HP11_headline_stack

ANYONE BUT THE JETS

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:30 am

Its good news indeed................. for the rest of the teams in the AFC East :-)
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:53 am

The Mangler US_UK wrote:
TheBrownTown wrote:Peter King just said on twitter that my broncos are "desperate" for Peyton Manning. I don't know if he'd choose us over Miami or Arizona but we have the cap room and I would love it if he was a bronco. Some Tebow fans wouldn't like it but he could learn from one of the best ever for a couple of years whilst still playing a few downs in certain situations

Getting Manning would be a Godsend for John Elway if he isn't sold on Tebow as the starter. As it is now, there is practically no way he can get rid of Tebow or bench him. If he gets Manning, it's a bloodless coup and even the Tebowites couldn't really complain about benching Tebow for Manning (unless Manning isn't recovered and sucks). With Tebow on the bench for several years, it would be a lot easier for Elway to get rid of him.

If I were Elway I wouldn't trade Tebow just in case. Manning had a strange injury and you never know it could go at any moment, so I'd keep Tebow as a backup

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:03 pm

Peyton Manning will travel to Arizona tonight to meet with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, team sources tell Jay Glazer.

I really hope Manning goes to Arizona, would love to see him hooking up with Larry Fitz. If this does happen what do people think will happen to Kolb/Skelton? I can see them getting rid of Kolb as he'll probably be on a pretty large wage. I could potentially see Kolb ending up at the Browns, which would be an upgrade on McCoy at least.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:10 pm

thunder and lightning wrote:I could potentially see Kolb ending up at the Browns, which would be an upgrade on McCoy at least.
Why must every single possible free agent QB be linked with the Browns? Why would we bother with Kolb he will probably be wanting the high wages the Cards gave him and hasn't shown anything to prove he's worth them.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

Derbyblue wrote:
thunder and lightning wrote:I could potentially see Kolb ending up at the Browns, which would be an upgrade on McCoy at least.
Why must every single possible free agent QB be linked with the Browns? Why would we bother with Kolb he will probably be wanting the high wages the Cards gave him and hasn't shown anything to prove he's worth them.

Well the Browns won't be getting Manning, RG3 or Luck for sure, and are pretty unlikely to get Flynn if Manning doesn't go to the Dolphins, as that's where Flynn is likely to end up. So that leaves the Browns either drafting in the second tier of QBs (which granted is a possibility) or taking a FA QB, as McCoy is not the answer for the Browns. If I were Kolb I'd perhaps be willing to take a bit of a pay cut if I were guarenteed a starting spot for the season to prove myself - which he won't be getting at Arizona Manning or no Manning. Kolb didn't have a great season last year for sure, but I think he's better than what he showed there, and the Browns have a vastly better O-Line than the Cards so I think that he'd have a chance to succeed there.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next