The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The return of the king - ultimate revised edition

+6
lags72
Jewell_Of_East
Turron
bogbrush
summerblues
Josiah Maiestas
10 posters

Go down

The return of the king - ultimate revised edition Empty The return of the king - ultimate revised edition

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:34 pm

The return of the King - ultimate revised edition

“In the face of adversity.. When hope is forlorn. In the bleakest hour..look to the firelit skies, for it is there that ye shall herald his return. In the days following the fall of the Djoker, his redemption will be complete. He will rise again..long live the King”

Eastern Oracle, prophesised at the dawn of the big bang, revised from ‘The return of the King’, Volume 1973647, Chapter 846662055434, Page no. 28465739564538782345.

--------------------
"He's gone..Federer is gone" - AUS 2008

"There is a new man at the helm of men's tennis..Rafael Nadal" - W 2008

"Rafael Nadal, a man for all surfaces.. He is number one" - AUS 2009

"Del Potro dethrones Federer under the lights here in New York in the most dramatic fashion possible" - USO 2009

"And for only the sixth time, on the court he cherishes the most, Federer is beaten" - W 2010

“Roger is on the other side of the float, I don’t think he’ll ever play as well as he did three or four years ago—that’s not to say he can’t still win a slam, but it’s difficult to see him climbing back to No. 1,” - Martina Navratilova.

"The king is dead, long live the king" - Dijana Djokovic.

--------------------------------------------

For too long he was written off. Confined to the annals of history. Buried, supplanted and eulogised. Mummified, deified and slowly forgotten.

The world of tennis had entered a new age: an age of retrieval, monstrous moonballing and defensive anti-tennis. Rafanatics marauded through the revered halls of Wimbledon, Roland Garros and Flushing Meadows. Sleeveless, Fist-pumping, and bandanna-wearing, they pillaged the stadiums, revising history, re-writing the ancient rules of fair play and exulting in the death of the King. Djokers lurked in every shadow by day, emerging at night from egg chambers; chest thumping, shirt ripping, slipping and sliding, they mocked all things sacred.

It was a dark and bleak time. The world of tennis was at a loss; violent winds of change and anarchy ravaged the lands. True connoisseurs of tennis were scattered throughout the four corners of the court; persecuted and hunted to near oblivion.

Yet they maintained their faith. The prophecies had foretold of this dark age; the Eastern Oracle had confirmed it.

Slowly, steadily, clothed in the ashes of Dante’s infernos, having battled legions of iniquitious souls, he made his way towards redemption. In the face of adversity, like the phoenix, he has risen again.

Oh ye of faith.. hold together, be steadfast. Glad tidings I do bring thee. As it has been foretold, so it has come to pass.. the king has returned! Long live the King!

Land of hope and gloooooooory..

And did those feet in ancient time,
Walk upon England’s mountains green…

Should Auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind…

Haaaaaaaaaalellujah…Haaaaaaaaalellujah
Halellujah, halellujah, Halellujah

ghost

emancipator - forever in the service of all universal beings.
emancipator - universe's leading expert on tennis.
emancipator - intergalactic tennis historian.

Back to top Go down

The return of the king - ultimate revised edition Empty Re: The return of the king - ultimate revised edition

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

The time he lost the Wimbledon final in 08 and then the AO final was when I felt his future was glum and in the twilight...

Then up pops Soderling and Rosol. thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

The return of the king - ultimate revised edition Empty Re: The return of the king - ultimate revised edition

Post by summerblues Sat 14 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

emancipator: thumbsup

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 14 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

A little understated, but a good article nonetheless.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Sat 14 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

The Wimbledon loss in 2008 was certainly in the gloom and the twilight during the last set. I had started out as a strong Federer supporter just in front of some really noisy Nadal fans. By the time it got to 9:00 I was hoping that someone would win the match while I was there and not be abandoned until the next day.

We tend to forget that it was a close match and Fed had points to break in the first and second sets.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewell_Of_East Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

Let us get some quick perspective here. Federer's chances of slam success for years has depended on one scenario, someone beating Nadal along the way. Makes it return of more luck.

Jewell_Of_East

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 15 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

Has it really taken you a week to get over it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm

by Jewell_Of_East on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 pm

"Let us get some quick perspective here.....
..........."

Indeed. Let's do just that.

It’s a shame that Jewell of the East doesn’t (for whatever reason…?) get the opportunity to actually watch any professional tennis. Surprising really, given that Wimbledon was well covered on terrestrial by the BBC ; so no need even for a Sky subscription as with so many big events these days. But perhaps his work got in the way, as it does for so many people in fairness.

Or - as is more likely - perhaps his area of expertise lies in some other sport : could it moto-cross, darts ….. even synchronized swimming perhaps ….? Whichever it is, it sure ain't men's tennis !

Just a limited selection of some recent gems provides (ahem ... irrefutable) evidence that a career in stand-up comedy surely awaits poster Jewell, whose wise and knowledgeable ‘quick perspective’ is truly wasted here on the Forum ......

Monday June 11th

"Federer seems to be old news in the tennis world. Haven't seen him hold one of those shining slam trophies for years unless it's the one marked - "Runner up" or "Semi finalist".

Monday June 18th

"Fed's chances @ Wimbledon ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

On the scale of 0 to 10? I'll give it -5. Practically, none!"

Saturday June 30th

"Nadal lost a match. Djokovic has a leisure walk to the title now"

Sunday July 1st

"Mind you Boromir7, i've seen people talk of Federer as a potential winner at Wimbledon. I hope you don't fall over laughing by now, i just did.
What is your take on such a hysterical notion?
"

Tuesday July 3rd

"If i was a Federer fan, i'll be more concerned about the easy victory Youzhny is about to take tomorrow".

Friday July 6th

"I'm more in-tuned by what Britain's Andy Murray will win on Sunday"

all the above : Copyright : Jewell of the East, 2012

There are plenty more of course ; but for now I guess that's what might be termed er ....a 'quick perspective' folks ... Wink

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

Boromir will be in shortly to offer support to himself.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:18 pm

Yes bb, I would say that 's virtually irrefutable.

With salutations of course Bubbly

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 7:27 pm

laughing exposed

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

I always figured Fed had an Aragorn quality to him if we are comparing to LOTR. Never quite figured out who he'd be in Star Wars though.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:I always figured Fed had an Aragorn quality to him if we are comparing to LOTR. Never quite figured out who he'd be in Star Wars though.

Darth Federer?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

Murray is Anakin though so that can't really work, I was thinking it would have to be the emperor, qui gon jin or yoda.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Hairy Mary Del Potatro would have to be Chewbacca.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

He's got the height for it though Djokovic beats his chest.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Is Rochus an ewok?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

Phil Dent and Taylor Dent as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker

"I am your father"
"Er, yeah, I know"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

Cast:

Qui Gon Jin = Paul Annacone
Obi Wan Kenobi = Pete Sampras
Annakin Skywalker = Roger Federer (all the midichlorians but didn't get turned to the DHBH side)
Luke Skywalker = Andy Murray (esp as he gets beat by his Dad)
Darth Maul = Rafa Nadal
Darth Sideous = Uncle Toni
Jar Jar Binks = Novak Djokovic
Padme Amidala = Mirka (Mirka says thanks)
Yoda = Olivier Rochus
Jabba the Hutt = David Nalbandian
Chewbacca = Juan Martin Del Potro

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Surely shum mistake - Mirka as Padme???

Ana Ivanovic a Princess Leia.... rose

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

Han Solo = Marat Safin

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

reckoner wrote:Surely shum mistake - Mirka as Padme???

Ana Ivanovic a Princess Leia.... rose
Only because she's Annakins love.

I have thought of revising a few;

Luke Skywalker = Andy Murray
Chewbacca = Juan Martin Del Potro

Edited.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

Nah Roger can't be anakin.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:59 pm

Federer = Aragorn
Nadal = Isildur (not chronologically correct though)
Lundgren = Saruman (or should it be Toni) chin
Annacone = Gandalf (the White)
Rene Stauffer = Bilbo
Mirka = Arwen
Tsonga = Gollum = Smeagol Laugh
Rochus = Gimli
Berdych = Legolas
Roddick = Samwise (should Brooklyn be Rosie? chin)
Ana Ivanovic = Eowyn Run
Robert Federer = Lord Elrond
Lynette Federer = Lady Galadriel

JoE = Wormtongue
Boromir7 = Boromir

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down