The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ufc 154 return of the king

+2
Clunge4life
boomdangle
6 posters

Go down

ufc 154 return of the king Empty ufc 154 return of the king

Post by boomdangle Thu 15 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

so this weekend see's the the long awaited return of GSP what will the outcome be sweet return or a damp squib

I am glad gsp is back but i dont find his fights very exciting, i admire what he does and how he does it very well, i even like him as a man but in his fights i never think brilliant this will be a war more a tactical smother and snore his way to the decision

Carlos Condit is polar opposite and will come out swinging trying to work the angles and get in and out like against diaz, remaining standing.

Who will come out on top considering bothe fighters are from Greg Jackosn who has refused to corner either

For Dana and the money men a GSP win would be what they expect but i am going out on a limb and just like his last bout predicting Carlos will take the decision

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

ufc 154 return of the king Empty Re: ufc 154 return of the king

Post by Clunge4life Thu 15 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

GSP by lopsided decision!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 15 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

GSP by decision. I have a feeling he might not be as cautious as his last couple of fights, so hopefully it is entertaining.

I expect Condit to use the same tactics he did against Diaz also.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 15 Nov 2012, 7:44 pm

GSP by submission. There I said it. I believe GSP will finish this fight. I'll call rear naked choke.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 16 Nov 2012, 9:26 am

With GSP missing over a year and half of action, we might just see him throw caution to the wind and make up for lost time. So a submission might not be as far fetched as it sounds.

I find it intriguing that GSP will not have Jackson in his corner, I think he relies on him a lot inbetween rounds to calm him down and make him feel confident.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 16 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

I think GSP is starting to feel the pressure and will want to finish.

He's been out for around 18 months and in that time people like JDS, Jones and Aldo have come on as P4P stars and Silva has done nothing to dampen his aura.

He'll never become irrelvant as he's so good but the UFC will focus more attentionn on others if he continues to win the way he used to i.e. totally dominant but dull.

Dana White, the UFC and most fans love finishes and White has made digs in the past i.e. when talking P4P not mentioning GSP in his top 2/3 or even 4!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 18 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

After last night I fancy Silva to beat him with something to spare. Like the Mayweather Manny fight these 2 run the risk of letting this posturing go on for too long. Fight should have happened 2 years ago. Get on with is it stop bringing it up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:16 pm

I think it will probably happen now and I fully expect Silva to win. GSP is a fantastic martial artist, an excellent athlete and a gentleman but from his performance against Condit as well as his modesty in the post fight conference I don't think he's as good as Silva. GSP can beat anyone at welterweight but Silva finishes his opponents. That's the difference. I don't see GSP taking Silva 5 rounds and winning by decision.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:35 am

Agree with talkingpoint

After saturdays improved performance from GSP even taking into account the lay off Spider would come out on top, he has a finish in his locker just dont see that with GSP it always comes down to the judges, he did well mixing up more striking but if the bout was to happen Spider would blow him away.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 19 Nov 2012, 9:46 am

To be fair to GSP I thought he performed very well, and took a lot more risks than he has in his previous fights. He knew Condit would be active off his back but still took him down time and time again. The head kick changed the fight, and I was impressed with how GSP handled adversity.

That being said I think Silva wins the match. While GSP is great at a lot of things, Silva is a truly special talent that can finish fights basically when he chooses. I'd be much more interested in Silva v Jones.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 19 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

Agree with the above, would put Silva 70/30 favorite against GSP.

I don't think GSP can finkish Silva and 5 rounds is an incredibly long time in the cage against Silva.

I think Silva at some point over thr ounds would catch GSP and finish him.

This takes nothing away from Geroge who's a brilliant fighter and surely top 5 ATG.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down