The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The return of King Schofield

4 posters

Go down

The return of King Schofield Empty The return of King Schofield

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Has anyone seen the interview with Schofield after the game at whitgift on the Surrey site?

He states that he has been bowling the wrong length in T20 cricket leading to him being smashed out the ground alot but has been working hard on how to change this recently.

I have no doubt that now Schofield has realised his mistakes of the past England selectors will be flocking to the Oval to keep an eye on this Surrey leggy and an England cap will surely follow.

All joking aside its good to hear a player say I realise my natural bowling length is not good for T20 and I'm trying to change it. This is what Tremlett and Meaker have to do as well, there natural back of a length bowling will be smashed around the park in T20. In fairness to Meaker he appeared to be coming off a shorter run up at Whitgift and concentrating on trying to pitch the ball up more.

Very Happy

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

The return of King Schofield Empty Re: The return of King Schofield

Post by jbd349 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:47 pm

Return?

jbd349

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Tue 05 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Very good point and very well made JBD. The return of King Schofield 810156456

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:16 pm

I thought Meaker showed a lot of promising signs last night, he bowled quick full and straight, especially at the death, which was encouraging. My general thoughts on Schofield are that he gets wickets because people try and slog him and mess up, rather than through his good bowling! Still, agree that it's good to know he is working on things that he knows aren't good enough. I'd still rather see Batty and Ansari get spinning duties than him though!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

Just watched the interview. Schofield certainly comes across as an enthusiastic and loyal member of the squad. Whilst I've criticised his bowling a lot, I've never questioned those virtues for which he deserved his day in the sun.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down