The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss.

+35
eirebilly
englandglory4ever
damage_13
Thomond
Trench Foot
Effervescing Elephant
beshocked
super_realist
anotherworldofpain
nganboy
ChequeredJersey
Morgannwg
gregortree
Biltong
Geordie
gowales
BigTrevsbigmac
emack2
Killer_B_6
aucklandlaurie
Rory_Gallagher
Barney McGrew did it
maestegmafia
Rava
Ozzy3213
Breadvan
sugarNspikes
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mystiroakey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
disneychilly
majesticimperialman
HammerofThunor
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mowgli
39 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss. - Page 5 Empty Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss.

Post by mowgli Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Very Happy

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss. - Page 5 Empty Re: Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss.

Post by disneychilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

Wellington was underwater less than 200 years ago-the waterfront is only there due to a massive quake. Feck knows how bad the damage would be if something similar happened there again. My mate who is a geographer takes great delight in telling me exactly how bad we'll get it and how overdue we are for it. Funny thing is I left the country and he's still in Petone.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss. - Page 5 Empty Re: Will England ever win the World Cup again. Discuss.

Post by gregortree Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

Mowgli: Op ? :yes thumbsup

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

disneychilly wrote:Wellington was underwater less than 200 years ago-the waterfront is only there due to a massive quake. Feck knows how bad the damage would be if something similar happened there again. My mate who is a geographer takes great delight in telling me exactly how bad we'll get it and how overdue we are for it. Funny thing is I left the country and he's still in Petone.

Yep, the "Basin Reserve" cricket ground used to be the harbour basin.

If the Alpine fault lets go Wellington cops it, along with most of the South Island

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

I have nightmares of seeing the Victoria University Library building rolling down the hill.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

Someone in my class at school died in the CTV building (That was supposed to be a modern building with earthquake proofing). His father, native to where I now live, lost his son, his house and his business in the two quakes. And his wife is terminally ill. No one deserves luck that bad, least of all him. I hope that big quake stays overdue for some time yet.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Someone in my class at school died in the CTV building (That was supposed to be a modern building with earthquake proofing). His father, native to where I now live, lost his son, his house and his business in the two quakes. And his wife is terminally ill. No one deserves luck that bad, least of all him. I hope that big quake stays overdue for some time yet.

+1.

A friend of mine was in the CTV building too. And her father and brother's business in Japan was destroyed in the tsunami there - they were back home in Chch for her remembrance service or they would have been caught up in it.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

was he not insured???

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 4:56 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Someone in my class at school died in the CTV building (That was supposed to be a modern building with earthquake proofing). His father, native to where I now live, lost his son, his house and his business in the two quakes. And his wife is terminally ill. No one deserves luck that bad, least of all him. I hope that big quake stays overdue for some time yet.

Kia, its absolutely shocking when you hear things like that. I really hope that it stays away for their sake as well.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:27 pm

Oakey a lot of insurance companies were refusing to pay out on the Feb quake as they were trying to call it an aftershock from the Sep quake-so it may not have made a blind bit of difference.

Thanks for your concern from me too Billy, it's just scary how much worse it could get. Let's hope Christchurch was the worst of it and not just the tip of the iceberg.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:43 am

I understand that the NZ is moving North East at something like 1cm per year. So at sometime in the distant future American will benefit from this and win the rugby world cup to go with their current Olympic titles.

I was in Eastern China when the big one hit in Western China a few years ago and I felt it very clearly.

Anyway sitting here in Wellington waiting for the big one.

nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:02 am

So the big question is will London Sink (Glacial Rebound) before South Island Quakes (Plate Tectonics)?

We fortunate people in the North part of the British Isles look on with interest (getting wet and bitten by midges as we munch our popcorn).
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

That's a bit tasteless. Do you indulge in other forms of natural disaster Scadenfreude? You'll love the new Ewen McGregor film about the tsunami no doubt.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:06 am

nganboy wrote:I understand that the NZ is moving North East at something like 1cm per year. So at sometime in the distant future American will benefit from this and win the rugby world cup to go with their current Olympic titles.

I was in Eastern China when the big one hit in Western China a few years ago and I felt it very clearly.

Anyway sitting here in Wellington waiting for the big one.

hey we'll be able to drive to Vegas.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Trench Foot Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:06 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:That's a bit tasteless. Do you indulge in other forms of natural disaster Scadenfreude? You'll love the new Ewen McGregor film about the tsunami no doubt.

Its called 'gallows' humour, which i personally also appreciate.

Trench Foot

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:25 am

Gallows humour is contextual and generally best expressed in private, rather than a public forum where people who suffered terrible personal loss might not appreciating your "humour".

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Gallows humour is contextual and generally best expressed in private, rather than a public forum where people who suffered terrible personal loss might not appreciating your "humour".
When you get all serious, perfect English comes out. It's like Pygmalion Laugh

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trench Foot Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Gallows humour is contextual and generally best expressed in private, rather than a public forum where people who suffered terrible personal loss might not appreciating your "humour".

I think its terrible that there is all this talk about rugby on here, after all, my Grandad was killed by a rogue rugby ball. And he had no legs.

Trench Foot

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

sugarNspikes wrote:

When I am serious I paying more attention to what I write so I express clearly what I mean.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

Morgannwg wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:" I beleive I bring a lot to the forum in my "blue" uniform and will continue to be as fair and unbiased as I can be. "

Still some way to go though IMO.
Well then, I need to aim higher. Wink

The finest MOD and Boer I know (SH mods are better than the NH ones). You do a great job Bil.

This is kind of creepy.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 25 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

SURELY England will win the RWC AT HOME next time.

Everybody KNOWS how EASY it is to WINNING the RWC AT HOME!!! RIGHT????

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trench Foot Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:36 am

Well, for sure, it seems to be the only way the Ab can do it.

Trench Foot

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:28 pm

Having lunch today talking about the massacre in the US. We mention how he must have been nuts. Someone says how he wishes those depressed people would just stay and home rather than take it out on others.
I then mention how my mum committed suicide after fighting depression for 10 years.
Suddenly lunch is not so much fun. Funny thing is I didn't mean anything by it just mentioning it.
Anyway gallows humour. It's great. At times.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Yeah you have also put a damper on this thread mate- no dramas though..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

by the way why is every thread across this forum talking about suicides and shootings- must be somethi ng in the air

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

No rugby. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:58 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:
sugarNspikes wrote:

When I am serious I paying more attention to what I write so I express clearly what I mean.

You mean...."Oh crap I've been found out" eh greyghost!

Yes....you.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:00 am

On a more serious note, i think that SL is doing a very good job right now but i dont see him as a coach that will win England a RWC. He is perfect for now and next year in bringing through some of Englands younger talent (yes there is alot) and then handing over to someone like Mallinder to take England to the next level. 2015 is not unrealistic for England.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:47 pm

GreyGhost ?
hey welcome back man ! kiss

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:41 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 28 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

Thing is every time I read what AWOP writes I think of meerkats

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5