The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was RAW1000 Missing?.......

+6
NickisBHAFC
Liam
GSC
The Rocks Microphone
Kay Fabe
djcc2004
10 posters

Go down

What was RAW1000 Missing?....... Empty What was RAW1000 Missing?.......

Post by djcc2004 Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm

I thought Raw1000 was decent episode so this isnt me moaning, i just wondered what people think could have made it better?

everyone has talked about austin being missing which i agree with, but i would not like of just seen him come out and stun slater, we have seen things like that a million times, i would of prefered him to set the ground work for WM29, imagine the pop if he would of come out at the end after the punk heel turn for a stare down...

also what happened to the new wwe title belt?

maybe punk will change it in a future heel promo...

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

What was RAW1000 Missing?....... Empty Re: What was RAW1000 Missing?.......

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Was there meant to be a new WWE Title belt last night?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 pm

no gaffer there wasent, but it had been rumoured around the IWC the last month or so, i personally expected it to be used from Raw1000 onwards but i guess wwe have other ideas!

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 pm

One thing I missed was JR on commentarry at the end. I'm not a JR, or attitude era fanboy. But the way commentarry reacted to punk gts'ing Rock was a massive #fail.

Jerry Lawler in a flat monotone 'what are you doing' and 'I think CM PUNk just turned on the WWE Universe', and Micheal Cole, well him muttering 'goodnight ladies and gentleman' was abysmal.

Some emmotive reaction on commentarry would make that moment, punks 'heel turn' seem more momentus. Someone elsewhere used the term wet fart to describe raw, that moment especially was exactly that.

I dont know if any of you guys have watched scenes in movies that have atmospheric music, without music. Or when someone on you tube dubs a crazy slasher piece of a film, or a jeff hardy vs sting match with the benny hill music? it totally changes the whole feel of the moment.

Imagine this, the shark in Jaws with no music. No imperial march for vader, no screeching violins in psycho. You get what I mean, that was last night.

I think momentus occasions in WWE lack that music, the tension, the hype, every big moment right now just doesn't seem like a big moment. No one on commetarry makes you buy into the it. Like music does for films, commentarry does for WWE. Its the perception of a moment through many senses that make it an EPIC moment. If commentarry don't seem interested and excited, then why should your adrenaline and intrest peak.

It doesnt have to be JR people in other sports are the same. What would Aguero's goal against QPR have been like with the sound down and missing Martin Tylers orgasmic scream of pure entertainment, it would not have seem so much of a big moment for the neutral fans.

I for one personally think this is one of a few things that WWE are missing, it just lacks atmosphere, that sense that people in the company give a Poopie.

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Saw this from the home page as

What was Raw missing?

The Rocks Microphone
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm

It was, I should have been there Very Happy to lay the smackdown on all there candy asses

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 pm

The Rocks Microphone wrote:One thing I missed was JR on commentarry at the end. I'm not a JR, or attitude era fanboy. But the way commentarry reacted to punk gts'ing Rock was a massive #fail.

Jerry Lawler in a flat monotone 'what are you doing' and 'I think CM PUNk just turned on the WWE Universe', and Micheal Cole, well him muttering 'goodnight ladies and gentleman' was abysmal.

Some emmotive reaction on commentarry would make that moment, punks 'heel turn' seem more momentus. Someone elsewhere used the term wet fart to describe raw, that moment especially was exactly that.

I dont know if any of you guys have watched scenes in movies that have atmospheric music, without music. Or when someone on you tube dubs a crazy slasher piece of a film, or a jeff hardy vs sting match with the benny hill music? it totally changes the whole feel of the moment.

Imagine this, the shark in Jaws with no music. No imperial march for vader, no screeching violins in psycho. You get what I mean, that was last night.

I think momentus occasions in WWE lack that music, the tension, the hype, every big moment right now just doesn't seem like a big moment. No one on commetarry makes you buy into the it. Like music does for films, commentarry does for WWE. Its the perception of a moment through many senses that make it an EPIC moment. If commentarry don't seem interested and excited, then why should your adrenaline and intrest peak.

It doesnt have to be JR people in other sports are the same. What would Aguero's goal against QPR have been like with the sound down and missing Martin Tylers orgasmic scream of pure entertainment, it would not have seem so much of a big moment for the neutral fans.

I for one personally think this is one of a few things that WWE are missing, it just lacks atmosphere, that sense that people in the company give a Poopie.

Completely agree. I like most people have commented on the quite abysmal commentary of cole and lawler. Lawler just sounds so disinterested. compare him to when he was with jr during 2003-2006 he was completely crazy. now, like you said, he sounded so flat and uninterested, time for him to go.

Cole constantly changes from a neutral play by play guy to a heel type manager. He used to be quite a decent commentator or Smackdown but now he just annoys me.

I've always liked Matt Striker on commentary. The reason being, is that he sounds just like a genuine fan. I always remember his reaction when booker t returned in the royal rumble, he was completely marking out and even said 'i don't care i am marking out baby!'. I think that genuine enthusiasm for the sport has left both lawler and cole. I think regal is someone who s excellent on commentary and has a superb range of knowledge on the industry. I think he would be great also on either brand.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm

I think they were going for trying to convey shock
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 pm

JR should of been on commentary all night and should of been announced as new commentator on Raw.

There was suppose to be a major twist at the end of the night?

No Stone Cold or Edge who were suppose to be there.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Punk turning was a major twist tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 am

borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am

i'll be honest and say i genuinely didn't expect him to get back in the ring. i thought it was great when he hit that flying clothesline on the rock, and i'm a big rock fan.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 am

a decent crowd! St. Louis were awful. Why they weren't at MSG i'll never know. Failing MSG, Miami or Chicago or Philedelphia

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:58 am

I think they had something major planned for Orton on Raw1000 which is why they were in St Louis, then he goes and gets suspended.

If however there wasn't a plan and everything was intended as it was then could you imagine the crowd from the WWE title match till the end and the reception Punk would have gotten? Also when Punk/Rock and Bryan were in the ring.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 am

It's WWE's new policy of having the commentators be silent during massive moments. It's a completely stupid policy, but I think even if JR had been commentating, he'd have had to be silent as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie case Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

A good ending.

leslie case

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down