The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

+12
Bull
TwisT
Gregers
Hero
Marky
Fernando
Russell_Elmo
FIFA Diva
Afro
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
sodhat
16 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 22 Empty The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by sodhat Thu 9 Aug - 11:17

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Important End of Season information -- please read

STAR PLAYER BIDS ARE OPEN

Star Player bids will commence Wednesday (15th), and run to Friday (17th) at midnight, when bidding is closed. Who got who will be posted on Saturday all being well - and assuming it can't be done earlier. If you miss out initially, there will be a second round bidding process and you may make another bid on a player. All bids will be sealed and PM'd to Hero and sodhat. It should be made clear that you cannot make a big bid on a Star Player, and then not have the cash all at once. All money must be paid immediately, or you miss out. We aren't doing IOU's on it, and that applies to everyone.

To qualify for the second round you must have submitted a first round bid - you can't just wait and see what's left. If there are exceptional circumstances as to why you missed the deadline you may appeal to the runners, but these circumstances absolutely do not include "I was playing Ultimate Team for 4 days with the curtains closed."

Participants: Olly, T5J, Twi5t, 5odhat, Ru55, Nando, Marky (if we spoon feed him), Greger5

Telegraph League Details:
606v2 Euro Division
PIN: 8008569

Prize money for this season (for both leagues)

1st £15m
2nd - 4th £10m
5th - 8th £20m

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
TwisT and Sodhat

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Hero and TSC

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholesHolton FC - ollyrules
Barearselona - fernando Real NADrid©®™ V2 - Nadeem

Neymar FC - cherriesfan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroJacamos United - TSCHangover 69 - GregersSubstandard Liege - Afro Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Straight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by sodhat on Wed 15 Aug - 11:10; edited 13 times in total

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 22 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by Hero Thu 16 Aug - 21:59

onlytreblewinners wrote:Yeah but Hero, surely everyone has the right to a star player? The limit surely has to be increased?

Why?
Everyone knew the rule from the off and therefore should plan accordingly, on previous form I've failed to acquire one star player in the first draft but I dealt with it, some like Twist don't even bother with SPs yet between the pair of us we have two of arguably the strongest teams.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 22 Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV

Post by Trebs Thu 16 Aug - 22:01

Yeah but that's within the rules. It's clear you'll get someone and got Toure who was one of the best players to get in the previous draft.

I think increasing it to 37m is the right thing to do.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 16 Aug - 22:03

Hardly, then everyone who did get a target in the 1st draft is unable to go for the three players that become available from the increase.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 16 Aug - 22:05

Unless you increase it now so people can change their bids to sign those three players.

That's fairer?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Aug - 22:06

I don't think it should be changed. It was the same last year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 16 Aug - 22:10

It's not being changed Olly, everyone knew the stip when they bid, yes some people will miss out but thats life.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 16 Aug - 22:11

Certain managers having a star player and certain managers not is unfair though.

How can you not see that? Is it because you'd prefer it if the likes of Gomez weren't in the league to provide competition for you?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Aug - 22:13

Trebs it has always been like that. It's not as if it is unfair, TwisT has never gone for a star player, and he is one of the best in the Premier League. Same decide not to bid on one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 16 Aug - 22:23

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage XXV - Page 22 1347041234
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 16 Aug - 22:27

I think we're done TSJ OK im 99% ive missed out tbh but i do think unless everyone is able to buy a star player it should be everyone (unless opt out like twist) or no one

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 16 Aug - 22:28

NEW HOMEPAGE UP

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22