The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX

+13
Fernando
TwisT
FIFA Diva
Afro
Gregers
sodhat
Good Golly I'm Olly
Marky
Trebs
The Special Juan
Bull
cherriesfna
Hero
17 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX Empty The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Don't forget to take part in the Euro 2012 sweepstake! If you want to take part then please take £1m off your team budget and let the runners know you are taken part by Monday 11th. Prize money yet to be confirmed. Draw is as follows, which will be updated when managers confirm they are taking part:

5 – Marky - Denmark (Taking Part)
6 – Twist - Germany (Taking Part)
8 – Sodhat - Portugal (Taking Part)
1 – Viva – Czech Republic (Taking Part)
16 – Sainty - Ukraine
10 – Cherrries - Italy (Taking Part)
7 – Olly - Netherlands (Taking Part)
2 – Nando - Greece (Taking Part)
9 – Gav - Croatia
15 – Hero - Sweden (Taking Part)
3 – Tooze - Poland (Taking Part)
12 – Russ - Spain (Taking Part)
11 – TSC/Afro – Rep of Ireland (Taking Part)
4 – Nadz - Russia (Taking Part)
14 – Trebs - France (Taking Part)
13 – Bull - England (Taking Part)

Everyone in Premier League (who votes on Championship) send their results to:
TwisT and Sodhat

Everyone in Championship (who votes on Premier League) send their results to:
Hero and TSC

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

Premier League

Real Ale Sociedad - TwisT The London Silly Nannies - SodhatAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyViva City - VivaPaulScholesCunning Canaries FC - ollyrules
AFC Swamp Donkeys - fernando Borussia Munchingballsack - Sainty

FC United of Bournemouth Town and Boscombe City Wanderers Athletic Football Club - cherriesfan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Championship

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroJacamos United - TSCHangover 69 - GreggersSporting Sideburns FC - Gav Treble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners
Go Ahead Eagles - Russell_Elmo Straight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBull

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by Hero on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:58 am; edited 3 times in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX

Post by cherriesfna Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

FIRST!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX Empty Re: The 606v2 Fantastic Fantasy Football Homepage page XIX

Post by Bull Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

First.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:First.

#fail

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

it was at the same time though.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

I know a fat guy who could eat that, Afro. (Note: That sentence is not the same as "I know a fat guy who could eat that: Afro".
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:10 pm

I think I'd die if I ate that...

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

First!

Oh wait...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

Trebs you said you are Norwich in your third season on FIFA! What is your starting team??

On my Norwich career (I play the level below Legendary) I got Wilbraham to score 21 goals in the Prem Cool
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

Olly wrote:Trebs you said you are Norwich in your third season on FIFA! What is your starting team??

On my Norwich career (I play the level below Legendary) I got Wilbraham to score 21 goals in the Prem Cool

Do own goals count now?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Not a lot of the real Norwich side in there, plenty on the bench though

-----------------------Sorensen----------------------
Steinsson------Evans---Ridgewell------------Fox
---------------Clayton--------Cork-------------------
Chamberlain-----------------------------------Jarvis
--------------------Di Gennaro------------------------
------------------------Holt-----------------------------

BENCH
Ruddy
Martin
Ayala
Bradley Johnson
Taylor-Fletcher
Vaughan
Robinson (quality youth player)

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Cork? Is that Jack Cork?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:Trebs you said you are Norwich in your third season on FIFA! What is your starting team??

Do own goals count now?

I just can't believe he managed to hit the target 21 times! He is pretty awful on FIFA
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

I'm playing World Class level on FIFA 12, got my Man City team with loads of money, won the Premier League and League Cup in first season, currently 3rd in League but top of my Champions League group after 4 games.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Not a lot of the real Norwich side in there, plenty on the bench though

-----------------------Sorensen----------------------
Steinsson------Evans---Ridgewell------------Fox
---------------Clayton--------Cork-------------------
Chamberlain-----------------------------------Jarvis
--------------------Di Gennaro------------------------
------------------------Holt-----------------------------

BENCH
Ruddy
Martin
Ayala
Bradley Johnson
Taylor-Fletcher
Vaughan
Robinson (quality youth player)

Yeah I must admit I overhauled the Norwich squad after two seasons on FIFA. Squad players aren't exactly amazing!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Do own goals count now?

I just can't believe he managed to hit the target 21 times! He is pretty awful on FIFA

He's pretty awful in real life Laugh

I'm on be a pro at the moment, just started as a midfielder and weighing up whether to ditch West Ham at the end of the season and play in a team that passes to me without having to call for the ball every five seconds.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

Jack Cork and Fox, both Southampton boys.

Got a few youngsters out on loan, Valoti and Ben Amos, hoping they develop into big players in my team as Sorensen's retiring at the end of the season and I want to sell Jarvis for a lot of money.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

Is Fifa 12 good then, I bought it, played for about a week and got bored so traded it in. It's about £25 in a few places now though.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Do own goals count now?

I'm on be a pro at the moment, just started as a midfielder and weighing up whether to ditch West Ham at the end of the season and play in a team that passes to me without having to call for the ball every five seconds.

I must say I was surprised by him last season. He was sort of a comedy sub, so bad it was funny. But he actually made a solid impact in most games, sometimes he actually changed the game Laugh . I guess some Premier League defenders aren't really used to a striker who just pressures them all the time, and is very good at hold up play to be fair. He does have a god awful finish though Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

dont do manager mode that much, prefer to stick to ulimate team
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:29 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Jack Cork and Fox, both Southampton boys.

Got a few youngsters out on loan, Valoti and Ben Amos, hoping they develop into big players in my team as Sorensen's retiring at the end of the season and I want to sell Jarvis for a lot of money.

Jack Cork, is he still on Chelsea's books or officially a Soton player now?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:29 pm

Hero wrote:Is Fifa 12 good then, I bought it, played for about a week and got bored so traded it in. It's about £25 in a few places now though.

I did the same but now I just play my mates copy

It seems like it's a grower and I reckon I packed in too early

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

Gregers wrote:
onlytreblewinners wrote:Jack Cork and Fox, both Southampton boys.

Jack Cork, is he still on Chelsea's books or officially a Soton player now?

Southampton signed him last season Gregers thumbsup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

Cheers Olly must have missed that. Good player

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Do own goals count now?

I must say I was surprised by him last season. He was sort of a comedy sub, so bad it was funny. But he actually made a solid impact in most games, sometimes he actually changed the game Laugh . I guess some Premier League defenders aren't really used to a striker who just pressures them all the time, and is very good at hold up play to be fair. He does have a god awful finish though Laugh

It probably appeared he had changed the game because the opposition defence was left crumpled in heaps on the floor, laughing.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

I have played as Leeds since the beginning. Waiting to get the Man Utd job. Sir Alex must be near 80 now.....
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Olly wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Do own goals count now?

It probably appeared he had changed the game because the opposition defence was left crumpled in heaps on the floor, laughing.

They probably saw him coming on and dropped there game. Relaxed sort of. He was our wildcard, our joker in the pack if you will. Every club has one
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:36 pm

TSC wrote:I have played as Leeds since the beginning. Waiting to get the Man Utd job. Sir Alex must be near 80 now.....

On my FM 2012 Norwich season, I am in 2017 and Steve Kean is the Man Utd manager Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Olly wrote:
TSC wrote:I have played as Leeds since the beginning. Waiting to get the Man Utd job. Sir Alex must be near 80 now.....

On my FM 2012 Norwich season, I am in 2017 and Steve Kean is the Man Utd manager Laugh

You think that's bad, Andre Villas-Boas is still at Chelsea in 2013 Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:40 pm

Olly wrote:

My word. Were they relegated?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:42 pm

Stuart Pearce won the 2014 World Cup with England and then went to Chelsea and failed on mine.

Then for some reason England appointed a succession of nobodies who kept losing and leaving.

All while I cleaned up the scene with Liverpool Whistle

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

TSC wrote:
Olly wrote:

My word. Were they relegated?

No but my Norwich team is now finishing in the Top 4 and they ain't Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

Never played FM. Is it any good? (And is Thorgan > Eden?)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

TSC wrote:Never played FM. Is it any good? (And is Thorgan > Eden?)

FM is quality I think. I like to play it when I have some free time. And Eden is immense on FM.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

TSC wrote:Never played FM. Is it any good? (And is Thorgan > Eden?)

Eden says that Thorgan is the better of the two
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

It's ok, but I go through phases of interest. If things don't go well immediately I mysteriously lose interest...

Thorgan >>>> Eden in reality.

We're basing it on names, right?

Reminds me of the 'sick haircut' theory Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

FM is this league, without the bitchiness, and every other team is controlled by a computer.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

Currently on my fm save (I'm sunderland):

City - Laurent Blanc
United - Pep Guardiola
Arsenal - Raul
Chelsea - Roberto Mancini
Spurs - Michael Laudrup
Liverpool - Rafa Benitez
Everton - David Moyes

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

I'm playing as Dortmund TSC, the transfer budget is shocking (less than 2m), but I know Reus is joining next season as is Kovacic for some reason. Currently about to face City in the Champions League semi after beating Chelsea 7-4 in the quarters.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

So, from all of that, I guess it's very realistic(?)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

sodhat wrote:

Theory?????

It's scientific fact
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

Marky wrote:FM is this league, without the bitchiness, and every other team is controlled by a computer.

There is still bitchiness, I got in to some real bitch wars with Louis Van Gaal and then Marcelo Bielsa. I always used to say that I'd never heard of them in interviews.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Theory?????

It's scientific fact

Laugh

'Sickness' of haircut seemed to be solely down to the decision of one man though, admittedly that appears to be the only flaw.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

This is my Norwich team in 2017:

I play the 4-4-2 diamond

GK - Luis Guilherme
RB - Kyle Walker
CB - Ryan Bennett
CB - Danny Wilson
LB - Neil Taylor
CDM - Joe Allen
RM - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
LM - Domain Bertrand (French wonderkid - generated player)
CAM - Christian Eriksen (he is amazing on FM)
ST - Jay Rodriguez (scores over 20 goals a season in the Prem)
ST - Antonio Romero (Argentinian wonderkid)

I have a squad full of young stars, who all have potential. I like to keep it young, as the players don't get too angry when they aren't played. The 4-4-2 diamond works amazing, I score loads of goals, but do leak a few.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

sodhat wrote:
Marky wrote:FM is this league, without the bitchiness, and every other team is controlled by a computer.

There is still bitchiness, I got in to some real bitch wars with Louis Van Gaal and then Marcelo Bielsa. I always used to say that I'd never heard of them in interviews.

I might try that in here, who's this Afro fella people have been talking about?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

I had never said anything against Sir Alex and he slated me in a press interview. So I called him a geriatric. Also I just constantly slag off the Ipswich manager
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

I tried playing football manager, couldn't get into it. I prefer negotiations with real people.

Also, been doing some thinking, would anybody be up for a realistic league using the premier league? Have 16 teams, cut the three promoted sides and one other team out as it makes cup running easier and easier to get all the managers in. Some of the teams like United, City would want a title win, whilst some of the lower teams like Norwich would see it as an achievement to avoid relegation. Fifteen week seasons, and at the end of each bottom three are relegated, top four get into CL, next four into EL and bottom eight into FA Cup. First season everyone is in FA Cup, no Europe.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

Olly wrote:This is my Norwich team in 2017:

I play the 4-4-2 diamond

GK - Luis Guilherme
RB - Kyle Walker
CB - Ryan Bennett
CB - Danny Wilson
LB - Neil Taylor
CDM - Joe Allen
RM - Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
LM - Domain Bertrand (French wonderkid - generated player)
CAM - Christian Eriksen (he is amazing on FM)
ST - Jay Rodriguez (scores over 20 goals a season in the Prem)
ST - Antonio Romero (Argentinian wonderkid)

I have a squad full of young stars, who all have potential. I like to keep it young, as the players don't get too angry when they aren't played. The 4-4-2 diamond works amazing, I score loads of goals, but do leak a few.

That might get you in to some bother...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

I think the issue with that type of league OTW is that with such a disparity between top and bottom then it swiftly becomes a glass ceiling for many.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 21 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:I tried playing football manager, couldn't get into it. I prefer negotiations with real people.

Also, been doing some thinking, would anybody be up for a realistic league using the premier league? Have 16 teams, cut the three promoted sides and one other team out as it makes cup running easier and easier to get all the managers in. Some of the teams like United, City would want a title win, whilst some of the lower teams like Norwich would see it as an achievement to avoid relegation. Fifteen week seasons, and at the end of each bottom three are relegated, top four get into CL, next four into EL and bottom eight into FA Cup. First season everyone is in FA Cup, no Europe.

That would be class! But I want Norwich, and will only participate if I get them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next