The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well that was a thumping and a half

+4
Taylorman
profitius
nganboy
OzT
8 posters

Go down

Well that was a thumping and a half Empty Well that was a thumping and a half

Post by OzT Sun 26 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

Not only in being nilled, but never once in the 2nd half did we look like scoring. 9-0 at half time showed a glimmer, unlikely, of hope. In 5 minutes another 10 points down and the spirit and drive seem to have gone out of the boys on the park. Looked like they couldn't wait for the final whistle. the one decent move, the rolling maul, ended up with the scrummie taking his eyes off the ball and allowing Reed was it to take it.

Bad kicking, no running lines, fairly weak forwards, geesh, sounds like I was talking about a LowerUpperFinchingwood under 14C side!

Still, hopefully this is the nadir of the wobblies....

Roll on the next game!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Well that was a thumping and a half Empty Re: Well that was a thumping and a half

Post by nganboy Sun 26 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

I thought you guys showed some wonderful defence (though a lot of scrambling). As Hansen said we would have put 50-60 points against a weaker defending team. I thought it was a good contest just NZ too good. Without Pocock and Horwill just too hard for you criminals.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Well that was a thumping and a half Empty Re: Well that was a thumping and a half

Post by profitius Sun 26 Aug 2012, 5:38 pm

nganboy wrote:I thought you guys showed some wonderful defence (though a lot of scrambling). As Hansen said we would have put 50-60 points against a weaker defending team. I thought it was a good contest just NZ too good. Without Pocock and Horwill just too hard for you criminals.

Like Ireland! lol

Would I be right in saying its one of the weakest Wallaby squads for a long time? The midfield in particular and the pack are not the greatest either.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:01 pm

Pack's not been good for a while, midfield not the best but should've played better I think. Injuries shouldn't really be an excuse, more disappointed in the lack of spirit in the side. Though I may be wrong and there was a lot of spirit but didn't come across on telly.

Great thing about the game though, yip got thrashed last Saturday but there's always the next game to get it right!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 26 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm

I actually thought oz defended brilliantly. NZ threw everything at them. Had we scored both Reads and mccaws close efforts the score would probably have reflected the dominance more.

So many times the ABs were foiled. Digbys little hand off a smiths wide pass, numerous last ditch tackles, even genias card offence reflected ozs never say die attitude. Other than the try we never managed to completely get on top. I don't believe the remaining two sides will have the scope to handle the constant waves of attack the way the ozzies did.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sun 26 Aug 2012, 7:42 pm

That was good of you to say that Taylorman, yes the boys did defend well, maybe I was harsh at lack of spirit, I think i meant lack of spark on attack.

Easy when watching on telly, but could see no way thru for our guys, and I don't think we even stretched or really troubled your defence. All seems (obvious of course on telly) all blind alley attacks, or worse still kicks straight to your blokes.

But we know the skill and adventure is there in the side, just not visible in the last few games. then of course, could simply we played as well as our oppos let us, all we need to do is up our sharpness and maybe confidence a bit more and zoom we'll be off! Oh yeah, and, though this week was heaps better than last week's, remember our basic skills of actually catching the ball!!! Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 26 Aug 2012, 8:18 pm

Good defence but Cooper and Genia just seemec clueless.

That was Genia's worst game in the gold jersey, I think we'll see a much better performance next match.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Mon 27 Aug 2012, 1:26 am

NZ are a power team and that Aus team are just too lightweight. They had no chance and never will until they find some big boys. Anyone who says SBW has got 'flair' lives in cloud cuckoo land. (Even though morgan likes a few tidlers with dancing feet and no meat on them)

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 27 Aug 2012, 2:20 am

Well it's true the ABs are a power side and Oz is not, but then again the boks aren't powder puffs either, nor the English, but we have a better success against them than the ABs, they're probably a more complete side, besides, not since 2000 has the Wobblies had a big side really.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:22 am

I really can't see any side coming near them in the November tour.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:55 am

The test against SA in Soweto shapes as huge for the All Blacks now. I think McCaw is after the world record. NZ have 12 in a row at present. If they win the rest of the games in the RC plus the other Bledisloe Cup game that's 17. I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves but hopefully that's a target. One game at a time though, and already the Pumas have shown that none of those will be easy.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down