The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is making all that noise?

5 posters

Go down

Who is making all that noise? Empty Who is making all that noise?

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 27 Aug - 12:52

One thing has been puzzling me recently and my suspicions have just been confirmed.

Watching the ABs this year I have been struck with how much noise there is at every ruck. I thought there was a microphone placed somewhere up in the crowd and some guy with a relatively high pitched voice screaming all the time. Then I though it was a microphone on the bench and they were not only warming up their bodies but also their vocal chords by constantly yelling.

Then I realised who was making all that noise. Aaron Smith you noisy bugger! Every ruck he's yelling out something and it's a wonder the players can think with all that din. Have always thought your halfback has to be the loudest guy on the pitch because he is controlling so many players. The forwards in front of him, the defence around the fringes and the backline. I bet the players are sick of him by the end of the match - on both sides - but great to see such a young player for NZ not daunted by the occasion and doing what he should be doing: telling everybody what to do and breaking the decibel barrier every time he does it. His voice must be a wreck the following day!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Who is making all that noise? Empty Re: Who is making all that noise?

Post by disneychilly Mon 27 Aug - 13:28

Ah it's what you need from your 9. The pack's obviously profiting from him telling them where to attack, and with game he looks more and more like he belongs at this level. TKB and TJP will push him but with communication and a pass like that I'd rather him hold onto the 9 jersey.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 27 Aug - 13:34

He's even beginning to make some jinking runs. He certainly looks good at this level disney.

I'm not sure who is the yappiest halfback. Peter Stringer proportionally speaking would be up there with the yappiest. Gregan always had a word to say.

But it's always good to see a young player surrounded by legends not afraid to yell at them like they were sheep dogs and get them stuck in. You take a player like Slade who looked like a rabbit in the headlights in his last few games and then compare him with a player like Smith who seems to be enjoying his footy and not afraid to give it a verbal lash. Mind you, his forwards are certainly making life easy for Smith.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 27 Aug - 13:54

Yeah I reckon Smith would have the cojones to tell his forwards when he's not getting good ball either.

He made one break and I'm surprised he hasn't taken the line on more. That's not to complain though the kid's gone great guns.

I think only someone with the speed of his pass could make the half dabs he does ie run a bit at the defence then fire it out. Most other 9s wind up a bit to pass which would enable the defensive line to come up but his wrists are so strong he fires bullets from positions where he doesn't look balanced enough to pass well. This is a huge asset and others would look to take the tackle due to not having the time available. But the backs are running onto the ball. Carter has to be loving it.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 27 Aug - 14:10

I think that Genia needs to boss his forwards more and organise the back line better. Right now he just seems to be flinging out passes without thinking.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 28 Aug - 1:32

disneychilly wrote: he fires bullets from positions where he doesn't look balanced enough to pass well.

I reckon... Couple of times I couldnt even see him behind the players then out comes this missile...man I'm glad the step...pass etc days are behind us...what a pass...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Aug - 2:41

Smith has been awesome. His passing technique looks a little different though, can't figure out what it is, kind of like he's spinning the ball in the opposite direction or something. No matter, it seems be be perfect every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug - 7:24

Good player, best nine the ABs have had for a long time.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down