The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky's predictions for the Rabo

+25
youngguns6
Morgannwg
Shifty
Jenifer McLadyboy
thebandwagonsociety
overlordofthewest
Welshmushroom
reallybored
LordDowlais
bathmad
Luckless Pedestrian
TJ1
Mickado
XR
BigTrevsbigmac
George Carlin
maestegmafia
LondonTiger
wales606
Ozzy3213
profitius
Notch
Kingshu
marty2086
Brendan
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sky's predictions for the Rabo Empty Sky's predictions for the Rabo

Post by Brendan Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:38 pm

Predicted 2012/13 table

1 Leinster
2 Glasgow
3 Ospreys
4 Scarlets
5 Munster
6 Ulster
7 Connacht
8 Edinburgh
9 Treviso
10 Cardiff Blues
11 Dragons
12 Zebre
Leinster to finish as champions

I think that Connacht are to high and Ulster to low. Glasgow could get second but surely that would be considered very good.

This year will be tight thats all I can say

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Sky's predictions for the Rabo Empty Re: Sky's predictions for the Rabo

Post by marty2086 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:39 pm

Ospreys in 3rd?
I think Connacht could surprise people this year but its wether than can do it week in and week out while competing in the HC too

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:51 pm

Connacht's squad strenght is better and first XV they finished 8th last year so one better isn't unrealistic

However I don't see Edinburgh doing as badly in the league this year as last year 8th would still be a good finish.

Cardiff Blues in 10th? I don't expect them to have a grest year but 10th is a bit low. Mind you if they lose first few and heads drop, one or two of Connacht, Treviso, Dragons and Edinburgh do have a good chance of finishing above them.

I'd say

1 Leinster
2 Ulster
3 Munster
4 Ospreys
5 Glasgow
6 Scarlets
7 Edinburgh
8 Connacht
9 Cardiff Blues
10 Treviso
11 Dragons
12 Zebre

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:56 pm

I'm going to predict;

1) Ospreys
2) Leinster
3) Ulster
4) Edinburgh
5) Scarlets
6) Munster
7) Treviso
8) Glasgow
9) Cardiff Blues
10) Connacht
11) Newport-Gwent Dragons
12) Zebre

Just have a feeling Edinburgh will be the surprise package this year. Munster are rebuilding, Ulster are on the up, Glasgow to struggle to replicate last year, Ospreys and Leinster always there.

Putting all bias aside, my tip is for Ospreys to retain their title against Leinster in the final.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:58 pm

I do think that connacht will do better but I think that it is more about the bottom few teams doing better I can't see them finishing ahead of Edinburgh with their new squad

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 27 Aug 2012, 6:01 pm

It really is hard to call but I would say places 10-5 will be about 10-15 pts between them. It will be tight all the way I think

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

Ospreys won't finish in the top 3. Thats my controversial prediction. Why, because they're after really trimming their squad. Yes they still have ateamthat can beat anyone but in the Rabo, squad size counts for a lot. Bowe, Paul James and Williams etc are hard to replace.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

Surprised everyone seems to have the Dragons in 11th place. I can see them finishing above the Blues this year.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:45 pm

Blues in 10th?

Below Treviso, Connacht and Edinburgh

I think some people are severely underestimating a young Blues side that still has some of the best players in world rugby - Warburton, Halfpenny and Roberts.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:46 pm

How many Rabo games will those guys actually play though Wales606? Roberts is currently injured isn't he? And the other two have had injury problems in the past and I suspect Gatland will want them wrapped in cotton wool to a certain extent. I can see it being a tough old season for the Blues.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:53 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:How many Rabo games will those guys actually play though Wales606? Roberts is currently injured isn't he? And the other two have had injury problems in the past and I suspect Gatland will want them wrapped in cotton wool to a certain extent. I can see it being a tough old season for the Blues.

Last season they were being coached by Burnell and Baber and were completely hopeless, there internationals didn't play for them (or perform when they did) and neither did their old retiring player.

New coach, new players, new direction. I actually expect these youngsters to outperform last years lot.

A backrow of Paterson, Warburton and Pretorious will be one of the best in the league.

We don't even have Dan Parks anymore...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:54 pm

Blues have a new coach this season. As with the Ospreys their problem might be strength in depth.

Edinburgh have bulked up their squad. Loads of new signings to help them through the league and they might not go on a European run either this season. It wouldn't surprise me to see Edinburgh make it into the playoffs.

Connacht have made some quality signings and have more depth this season. They will be better this season.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

I am not especially knowledgable about the Rabo squads - but Edinburgh do not look as if they have the strength in depth needed to finish in the top half of the table.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:46 pm

LondonTiger wrote:I am not especially knowledgable about the Rabo squads - but Edinburgh do not look as if they have the strength in depth needed to finish in the top half of the table.

They've signed up a good few players for this season.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:56 pm

Connacht could do well if they don't pick Dan Parks.

It'll be a close league this year. The lower placed teams of last year have reinforced well. The top teams will surely perform well too.

I am sure this will be the best season yet.

My outsider tip is the Scarlets.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:58 pm

Ospreys or Leinster to finish in the top two and either of them to take the title

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

There are some great previews on the Rabbo website

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/14453.php

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:26 am

It's going to be incredibly tight this year and with fewer international matches I expect that the standard will be very high. Lots of youngsters coming through and lot of unknown quantities in each team.

Deep breath, trying to be measured, I can see it finishing:

1. Leinster
2. Ospreys
3. Glasgow
4. Ulster
5. Edinburgh
6. Munster
7. Scarlets
8. Cardiff
9. Treviso
10. Connacht
11. Dragons
12. Zebre

Main assumptions:

1. Ospreys manage to find two '10 per season' try scorers to replace Williams and Bowe.

2. Heaslip will regain form, influence and fitness.

3. McLaughlin's old regime and good squad cohesion continues at Ulster with the new coach.

4. Toonie does not feck up Glasgow's defence, which was officially the meanest in the Robocop last season.

5. The top 4 will be separated by 7 points or less.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:27 am

maestegmafia wrote:There are some great previews on the Rabbo website

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/14453.php

Have you got the turnover/operating profits for the Rabbo?

Same as you produced for the Jeff.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:33 am

1. Leinster
2. Ospreys
3. Scarlets
4. Munster
5. Ulster
6. Bennetton Treviso
7. Edinburgh
8. Connacht
9. Glasgow
10. Dragons
11. Blues
12. Zebre

Who wins after the play offs will in part depend on how those teams do in the Heineken Cup this season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:33 am

Here's Sky's thinking, incidentally:
http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/15189/8024009/RaboDirect-preview

Sky think that Jason White has signed for Glasgow, which is interesting. Someone had better tell Toonie straight away.

Really looking forward to seeing the boy JJ Hanrahan - hope he gets some game time.

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:39 am

It should be closer at the top this season. Theres just too many banana skins out there for the top teams to avoid.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:54 am

I actually like that we're being written off for this season, makes things easier for us.

I went down and watched the friendly against Worcester and i think people are seriously underestimating us. Yes we lost a couple of players but the only players we'll miss will be Rushie & Laulala, based on that match but i think Rush sticking around and Pretorius being in the same mold will ease that loss. The guys were physical until the end and their fitness levels were impressive for their 2nd game which boads well. I was really impressed by Tom Williams, Lloyd Williams younger brother who scored a hat trick and looks a real find.

Our front row is where we will struggle but I think we'll score more tries than last year which was our major fault. I would expect our team to be this:

1. Filise/Hobbs
2. Williams/Kyriacou
3. Borrust/Andrews
4. Davies
5. Reed
6. Patterson
7. Warburton/Navidi
8. Pretorius
9. Rob Lewis
10. Tovey/Sweeney/Patchell
11. Robinson/Williams
12. Roberts
13. Evans
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

We've got 3 fly halves for this season rather than the two we had last year and i am looking forward to seeing how much Patchell plays. He's been playing at 12 but played mostly for Cardiff RFC at fly half so we'll see where he goes. In the short term putting him at 12 would allow shifting Roberts to 13 where he may do a lot more damage than he has done for the blues recently because he won't be second receiver, he'll be further out wide.

I can't wait for it: new season, new players, new head coach...new stadium Wink I would hope that if we stay relatively injury free, we could enjoy some real success at home but i do think we shall struggle away. I'd be happy with a mid table finish for this year, bedding in young players will take time but i'm optimistic that they'll catch on sooner rather than later

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:03 am

I’m getting really sick of walking out of league finals with a hung dog expression, particularly those which take place in the RDS.

Leinster to abandon the HC in the pool stages to finally nail down a win in the league playoffs.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:10 am

Mickado wrote:I’m getting really sick of walking out of league finals with a hung dog expression, particularly those which take place in the RDS.

Leinster to abandon the HC in the pool stages to finally nail down a win in the league playoffs.

Leinster were very close to the double last year mate. I'm sure, at this stage, they will be aiming for three in a row and the double.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:16 am

I would expect both scottish teams to be fighting for playoff spots. On the back of last years good seasons they have a chunk more money this year so should have more strength in depth so be able to contest both competitions.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:17 am

1 point and a Shane Williams swansong from a double. Was gutted after that.

A 3 in a row and a double would be mind blowing, but I won’t get too far ahead of myself. I’m thinking a 3 in a row is no doable, so my own target for us is just to win the league.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:1. Leinster
2. Ospreys
3. Scarlets
4. Munster
5. Ulster
6. Bennetton Treviso
7. Edinburgh
8. Connacht
9. Glasgow

10. Dragons
11. Blues
12. Zebre
Who wins after the play offs will in part depend on how those teams do in the Heineken Cup this season.
picard Ozzy - I am guessing that someone has just told you Gregor 'Fieldmarshall Hague' Townsend is now in charge of Glasgow.

But seriously, if Warriors feature behind the two other teams highlighted, the manager's feet shouldn't touch the ground.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:56 am

gcBlues wrote:I actually like that we're being written off for this season, makes things easier for us.

I went down and watched the friendly against Worcester and i think people are seriously underestimating us. Yes we lost a couple of players but the only players we'll miss will be Rushie & Laulala, based on that match but i think Rush sticking around and Pretorius being in the same mold will ease that loss. The guys were physical until the end and their fitness levels were impressive for their 2nd game which boads well. I was really impressed by Tom Williams, Lloyd Williams younger brother who scored a hat trick and looks a real find.

Our front row is where we will struggle but I think we'll score more tries than last year which was our major fault. I would expect our team to be this:

1. Filise/Hobbs
2. Williams/Kyriacou
3. Borrust/Andrews
4. Davies
5. Reed
6. Patterson
7. Warburton/Navidi
8. Pretorius
9. Rob Lewis
10. Tovey/Sweeney/Patchell
11. Robinson/Williams
12. Roberts
13. Evans
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

We've got 3 fly halves for this season rather than the two we had last year and i am looking forward to seeing how much Patchell plays. He's been playing at 12 but played mostly for Cardiff RFC at fly half so we'll see where he goes. In the short term putting him at 12 would allow shifting Roberts to 13 where he may do a lot more damage than he has done for the blues recently because he won't be second receiver, he'll be further out wide.

I can't wait for it: new season, new players, new head coach...new stadium Wink I would hope that if we stay relatively injury free, we could enjoy some real success at home but i do think we shall struggle away. I'd be happy with a mid table finish for this year, bedding in young players will take time but i'm optimistic that they'll catch on sooner rather than later

I didn't realise Tom was Lloyd's younger brother.

The front row is the problem, but if Bourrust and Campese give us some solidity we could do very well. There is considerable talent and depth in the second row and backrow. We no longer have Dan Parks, instead with have Tovey and Patchell (who has had an excellent pre-season by all accounts and could owst Hewitt from the 12 shirt)

The centres looks weak, but hopefully we will see Patchell and Allen involved (and Roberts might decide to play probably if there is no WC), even so, Hewitt and Evans are solid defensively at least.

Then the back 3 is all international and pure class.

Depth may be an issue, but it will depend on how youngsters like Hamilton, Navidi, Allen, Patchell etc step up - and so far they have done pretty well.

I see a top 6/7 finish at least and with a bit of luck, a HC 1/4 (or at least a run in the Amlin)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

George Carlin wrote:
2. Ospreys
3. Scarlets
4. Munster
5. Ulster
6. Bennetton Treviso
7. Edinburgh
8. Connacht
9. Glasgow

10. Dragons
11. Blues
12. Zebre
picard Ozzy - I am guessing that someone has just told you Gregor 'Fieldmarshall Hague' Townsend is now in charge of Glasgow.

But seriously, if Warriors feature behind the two other teams highlighted, the manager's feet shouldn't touch the ground.

Do Glasgow have some divine tight to finish above those two sides then? Treviso are improving all of the time, and Connacht will be stronger this season than last. Glasgow, I think over achieved last season, and I do not see them doing the same this time around.

Time will tell I guess, but I stand by my predicted table. OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Surprised everyone seems to have the Dragons in 11th place. I can see them finishing above the Blues this year.

You're a good man, Ozzy! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

With players lost, I'd expect Ospreys to be lower than 3rd, and I'd have Ulster higher than Munster and Scarlets.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

bathmad wrote:With players lost, I'd expect Ospreys to be lower than 3rd, and I'd have Ulster higher than Munster and Scarlets.

The players the O's lost (main ones being Williams and Bowe) never or hardly ever player for them last season - everyone thought they would do badly last season after losing most of their experienced player, they went on to win to league - so I don't think losing Shane's help in a couple of games a year is really going to matter.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

Kingshu wrote:Connacht's squad strenght is better and first XV they finished 8th last year so one better isn't unrealistic

However I don't see Edinburgh doing as badly in the league this year as last year 8th would still be a good finish.

Cardiff Blues in 10th? I don't expect them to have a grest year but 10th is a bit low. Mind you if they lose first few and heads drop, one or two of Connacht, Treviso, Dragons and Edinburgh do have a good chance of finishing above them.

I'd say

1 Leinster
2 Ulster
3 Munster
4 Ospreys
5 Glasgow
6 Scarlets
7 Edinburgh
8 Connacht
9 Cardiff Blues
10 Treviso
11 Dragons
12 Zebre

I typed this on another thread:-
I will boldly predict that it will not be an all Irish first three finish. Leinster will be there, they always are, but Munster need to re-build and I think the South Africans at Ulster need to go up a gear now as we all know how good they all are. The Scottish clubs have moved in the right direction with their signings this time around and I would not write off the Blues and the Scarlets either. Even though the Ospreys have lost Paul James and Huw Bennet I still think they have the best pack in the league so all in all I think this season is going to be the one when we see the Rabo come of age.

I honestly cannot put anything on who will finsh where this season as I think it will be the toughest one so far, this one is going to go down to the wire, unless the Irish refs have their way Wink

Only joking please don't crucify me. Run

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:51 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
2. Ospreys
3. Scarlets
4. Munster
5. Ulster
6. Bennetton Treviso
7. Edinburgh
8. Connacht
9. Glasgow

10. Dragons
11. Blues
12. Zebre

Do Glasgow have some divine tight to finish above those two sides then? Treviso are improving all of the time, and Connacht will be stronger this season than last. Glasgow, I think over achieved last season, and I do not see them doing the same this time around.

No team has a divine right to finish above any other Ozzy and every team I think now has a 'bogey' side - Leinster could not beat Glasgow in the league for instance.

Both Connacht and Treviso have definitely improved - the key thing is whether each of those sides can start winning away from home. The default position for this is likely to be 'no', but I will happily be proven wrong.

Glasgow's defence is what got them the playoff slot last year - typified, perhaps, by two things. The first is the fact that they conceded fewer tries (23) than anyone else in the league other than the Ospreys (22). The second is the fact that Glasgow won the inaugural Rhino Collision Kings at the RaboDirect PRO12 Awards in May, an award given to the side judged to have been most clinical at the breakdown in the season. The fact that Stuart Hogg won the Young Player of the Season gong at the same awards and Tom Ryder, Duncan Weir and Jon Welsh were also voted PRO12 Dream Teamers also gives some idea as to the genuine quality of the side.

All of these factors would indicate collective team form over a whole season so I respectfully disagree that they 'overachieved' (unlike Edinburgh in the Heineken, for example). What Glasgow fans are concerned about is that Townsend doesn't undo the good defensive work done by Lineen and Mercer, neither of whom work there any more. Remember that both of the Scottish teams were given almost an extra million quid to play with by the SRU this year and so their squads should reflect this.

Let's see how the season goes. guinness
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

I appreciate that those guys made the dream team George, I just don't see that they will kick on and make it again this year, with the exception possibly of Hogg.

I think that as a team, they peaked last season. Am happy to be proven wrong by them this season, but as it stands I don't see it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the league will be getting tighter and hopefully we wont end up with teams like the blues who with a few games to go were neither fighting for playoff or hold off any team they were in no man's land. This year i expect 3pts or less between each place. We have really had some good finishes to who gets the last playoff place and i think this could be even better this year. I think whoever has the best away form will get the playoffs as all teams will look to win all their home games

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:05 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
2. Ospreys
3. Scarlets
4. Munster
5. Ulster
6. Bennetton Treviso
7. Edinburgh
8. Connacht
9. Glasgow

10. Dragons
11. Blues
12. Zebre

Assuming that their defence is anywhere near as good as last season, I don't imagine Glasgow dropping down the league that much. Apart from Gray they haven't really lost anyone (Beattie was invisible last season) and they've recruited well, especially in the backs.

The pack isn't flashy but is effective in the tight and loose, plus Swinson, McDonald and Ma'Afu will only add to this. In Weir they've got a fly-half that'll punish any team that gives away soft penalties and there are some good attacking players; Matawalu, Dunbar, DTH, Lamonts, Paris and Hogg (once he's fit).

At full strength they'll be a match for anyone in the league, my prediction is somewhere between 3rd and 6th.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:28 pm

Brendan wrote:Predicted 2012/13 table

1 Leinster
2 Glasgow
3 Ospreys
4 Scarlets
5 Munster
6 Ulster
7 Connacht
8 Edinburgh
9 Treviso
10 Cardiff Blues
11 Dragons
12 Zebre
Leinster to finish as champions

I think that Connacht are to high and Ulster to low. Glasgow could get second but surely that would be considered very good.

This year will be tight thats all I can say

Brave prediction to put Munster in 5th. I cant think of a time Munster have not finished in the top 4. I know they lost a few players to retirement but to be fair most of them didnt play much last season either. For me I'm almost certain Munster & Leinster will finish top 4. I'm basing this on their strong home performances. Who will join them I've no clue. The scottish sides are almost certanly going to be stronger this year but how much stronger who knows? Ospreys cant be discounted but the other 3 Welsh sides usually struggle although if Scarlets new recruits bed in well they could almost certanly a force. Ulster should equally pose another challenge.

Believe it or not I actually think Treviso's signings have been very good as well. I cant see them finishing top 4 but I do see them costing others a top 4 finish. I also think they will probably manage their highest finish as well this year (possibly as high as 6th).

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:04 pm

1. Ospreys
2. Leinster
3. Ulster
4. Glasgow
5. Munster
6. Scarlets
7. Cardiff Blues
8. Edinburgh
9. Treviso
10. Connacht
11. Dragons
12. Zebra
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

Theres been so many changes nobody knows for sure whats going to happen this season.

There are 8 teams in with a realistic chance of making the playoffs which should make for an interesting season.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

Definitely think the teams will have improved

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Tue 28 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

1. Leinster
2. Scarlets
3. Ulster
4. Munster
5. Glasgow
6. Hairspreys
7. Blues
8. Connacht
9. Treviso
10. Edinburgh
11. Dragons
12. Zebra

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 28 Aug 2012, 7:35 pm

In the past it was Leinster/Ospreys/Munster and then the rest.

Now I see Leinster out in front....

but a strong pack of Ospreys, Munster, Scarlets, Ulster, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Treviso in a clutch behind.

I don't know about the Blues or the Dragons. Connacht predicted to start strongly but then falter back down the table. Zebre are well below everyone else and haven't event played yet.

Is it just me or is the Rabo turning into a really strong league from top to... well 3 places from bottom. No wonder other leagues are starting to get a bit jealous. Wink

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:27 pm

Leinster have only won it once since Welsh regionalisation.
To put it simply, this league is so tough that the 3 time euro champs can't do it. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

I'm amazed so many are writing the Blues off you write their first team down on paper and its a really good team. put in a proper head coach and i think they will suprise people.

15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Harry Robinson
13 Jamie Roberts
12 Cory Allen
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Jason Tovey
9 Lloyd Williams
8 Andries Pretorius
7 Sam Warburton
6 Luke Hamilton
5 Macualey Cook
4 Bradley Davies
3 Scott Andrews
2 Rhys Williams
1 Sam Hobbs
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:57 pm

Shifty wrote:I'm amazed so many are writing the Blues off you write their first team down on paper and its a really good team. put in a proper head coach and i think they will suprise people.

15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Harry Robinson
13 Jamie Roberts
12 Cory Allen
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Jason Tovey
9 Lloyd Williams
8 Andries Pretorius
7 Sam Warburton
6 Luke Hamilton
5 Macualey Cook
4 Bradley Davies
3 Scott Andrews
2 Rhys Williams
1 Sam Hobbs

Allen is a 13, but it will likely be Gavin Evans - Roberts is a 12.

11 Robinson 14.Cuthbert

Hamilton won't be the starting 6, player of the season Paterson will - easily.

McCauley Cook won't displace Lou Reed or James Down, and may not beat rival Cory Hill

Scott Andrews is nowhere near first choice, Bourrust and Filise are.

Rhys Williams and Hobbs will likely be Kyricau and Filise for most of the season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:20 pm

The blues front row is week. That is why.

They don't have a tight head of recognition.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:40 pm

wales606 wrote:
Shifty wrote:I'm amazed so many are writing the Blues off you write their first team down on paper and its a really good team. put in a proper head coach and i think they will suprise people.

15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Harry Robinson
13 Jamie Roberts
12 Cory Allen
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Jason Tovey
9 Lloyd Williams
8 Andries Pretorius
7 Sam Warburton
6 Luke Hamilton
5 Macualey Cook
4 Bradley Davies
3 Scott Andrews
2 Rhys Williams
1 Sam Hobbs

Allen is a 13, but it will likely be Gavin Evans - Roberts is a 12.

11 Robinson 14.Cuthbert

Hamilton won't be the starting 6, player of the season Paterson will - easily.

McCauley Cook won't displace Lou Reed or James Down, and may not beat rival Cory Hill

Scott Andrews is nowhere near first choice, Bourrust and Filise are.

Rhys Williams and Hobbs will likely be Kyricau and Filise for most of the season.

Yeah any team with Shifty's front row selection and Cook at 2nd row deserve to get written off. Hopefully the midfield is Roberts 12, and Allen 13 though. The first choice backline should be pretty tastey.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm

maestegmafia wrote:The blues front row is week. That is why.

They don't have a tight head of recognition.

Will have to see what Bourrust can do - any French top14 prop should be able to get some parity, and Filise will provide a stronger scrummaging LHP.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next