The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread

+23
eirebilly
Notch
drsambo1928
bsando
Artful_Dodger
MBTGOG
Captain Charisma
valjester
GLove39
profitius
Thomond
Rory_Gallagher
tigertattie
LeinsterFan4life
cp10
funnyExiledScot
George Carlin
reallybored
RuggerRadge2611
caoimhincentre
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
RDW
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Empty Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am

Edinburgh team

15 Greig Tonks

14 Lee Jones
13 Nick De Luca

12 Ben Atiga
11 Tim Visser

10 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN

9 Richie Rees

1 John Yapp
2 Ross Ford

3 Willem Nel

4 Grant Gilchrist
5 Sean Cox

6 David Denton
7 Ross Rennie

8 Stuart McInally

Substitutes :
16 Andy Titterrell
17 Allan Jacobsen
18 Geoff Cross

19 Perry Parker
20 Dimitri Basilaia
21 Chris Leck
22 Gregor Hunter
23 John Houston

Munster Team Named:

01 Wian du Preez
02 Damien Varley
03 BJ Botha
04 Donncha O'Callaghan
05 Billy Holland
06 Paddy Butler
07 Sean Dougall
08 James Coughlan
09 Duncan Williams
10 Ian Keatley
11 Luke O'Dea
12 James Downey
13 Casey Laulala
14 Doug Howlett (capt.)
15 Denis Hurley

16 Mike Sherry
17 Marcus Horan
18 Stephen Archer
19 Dave Foley
20 Barry O'Mahony
21 Peter Stringer
22 Scott Deasy
23 Ivan Dineen

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Empty Re: Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

RDW,

We definitely won't have our big guns back - they will probably be another 3 weeks away.

The preseason has not gone well and we are currently there for the taking. I understand though that Edinburgh havent had a great preseason either but we are definitely vulnerable having shipped heavy defeats to La Rochelle and London Irish - neither of whom are exactly winning their leagues.

The squad announcement will be tomorrow but I expect this is what you will see:

01 Wian du Preez
02 Damien Varley
03 BJ Botha
04 Dave Foley
05 Billy Holland
06 Paddy Butler
07 Sean Dougall
08 James Coughlan
09 Duncan Williams
10 Ian Keatley
11 Johne Murphy
12 James Downey
13 Casey Laulala
14 Doug Howlett (capt.)
15 Denis Hurley

16 Sean Henry
17 Dave Kilcoyne
18 Stephen Archer
19 Phillip Donellan
20 Niall Ronan
21 Peter Stringer
22 Scott Deasy
23 Sean Scanlon

I think that our second and backrow is very weak and as happened in preseason our forwards could end up bested.

In fact as I read through your pack I am sure of it - Ross Rennie, Dave Denton and Ross Ford will pack a mean punch.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Empty Re: Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks stag. I don't recognise the names of any of that back 5 so hopefully as you said we will have a chance to gain dominance in the pack. Your backs are still potent though. Are there lots of young guys in that pack?

I don't know how many of our internationalists will actually be playing, but looks like we couldn't have a better time to be playing Munster!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

I'm having problems reading Edinburgh at this point - for all the recruitment and undoubted improvement in squad depth, the pre-season showings (minus internationals or not) were ... urine poor. If it all clicks into place against Munster, absolutely delighted for them and full credit to Bradley and Backy; if it doesn't, could be happy travels for Munster

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

Just noticed Sepp Visser isn't in the squad - bit harsh cause he had a fantastic game against the Saints and Mike Penn has looked flakey to say the least.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:20 am

Taking stock of where we are pre season wise in terms of bringing players back, I'd like to see Edinburgh put out:

1 Chunk
2 Titterell
3 Cross
4 Gilchrist
5 Cox
6 Basilaia
7 Grant
8 McInally
9 Rees
10 Leonard
11 Visser
12 Atiga
13 De Luca
14 Jones
15 Brown

Subs - Yapp, Ford, Nel, Parker, Rennie, Denton, Laidlaw, Tonks

The idea being that Laidlaw covers 9 and 10, Tonks comes on for either De luca or Visser depending on who is most knackered, and a massive impact off the bench in the forwards!

Can you imagine us being just in the lead and Ford, Nel, Denton and Rennie come on?? What a boost that would be to the team!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am

RDWScotland,

They are young enough. At second row we are missing our first four second rows - Donncha O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell, Donnacha Ryan and Ian Nagle.

Dave Foley is 24 and Billy Holland is 26.

In the backrow Tommy O'Donnell, Peter O'Mahony and CJ Stander are not available. I would think that is our first choice backrow. Dave O'Callaghan is also injured and Niall Ronan only did his first contact work yesterday so he won't start but could be on the bench.

In the backrow, Sean Dougall is a new signing. He is Scottish born but grew up in Ulster playing for Ulster academy moving playing for Rotterham for 2 years. He had a good preseason. He is 22.

Paddy Butler is more of a Number 8 than a blindside but its a case of needs must. He is 21 years old and I think quite a promising player - he got a call up to the Irish senior squad against the Barbarians (no mean feat when you look at the backrows available).

Its the engine room where I am worried. We have our 5th and 6th choice locks and there will be a very inexperience guy on the bench too.

Still though, if we gain parity up front we can win. Thats a good backline.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 am

So looks like it will come down to the packs then, and both have been taken to the cleaners in pre season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 am

red_stag wrote:RDWScotland,

They are young enough. At second row we are missing our first four second rows - Donncha O'Callaghan, Paul O'Connell, Donnacha Ryan and Ian Nagle.

Dave Foley is 24 and Billy Holland is 26.

In the backrow Tommy O'Donnell, Peter O'Mahony and CJ Stander are not available. I would think that is our first choice backrow. Dave O'Callaghan is also injured and Niall Ronan only did his first contact work yesterday so he won't start but could be on the bench.

In the backrow, Sean Dougall is a new signing. He is Scottish born but grew up in Ulster playing for Ulster academy moving playing for Rotterham for 2 years. He had a good preseason. He is 22.

Paddy Butler is more of a Number 8 than a blindside but its a case of needs must. He is 21 years old and I think quite a promising player - he got a call up to the Irish senior squad against the Barbarians (no mean feat when you look at the backrows available).

Its the engine room where I am worried. We have our 5th and 6th choice locks and there will be a very inexperience guy on the bench too.

Still though, if we gain parity up front we can win. Thats a good backline.

Saw butler in the RDS last year in the B&I Semi and he was the best player on the pitch that day. he's a big boy too.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am

1 Chunk
2 Titterell Ford
3 Cross
4 Gilchrist
5 Cox
6 Basilaia Denton
7 Grant Rennie
8 McInally Basilaia
9 Rees
10 Leonard
11 Visser
12 Atiga Houston
13 De Luca
14 Jones
15 Brown

Subs - Yapp, Titteral, Nel, Parker, McInally, Grant, Laidlaw, Tonks

Changes I would make to your team RDW. I don't think now is the time to urinate about with the team and hope to catch munster cold with impact from the bench. From the get go I would like to see us grab the game by the throat and to do that it means playing our best players.

We have seen before if you give Munster wriggle room they'll make you pay. A lot of unknowns in the Staggy's Munster team forecast but the backs will give us trouble if they get good ball.

Win the battle up front with our big game players (Ford, Denton, Rennie, Cox, Cross and the new guy Basilaia who you and FES spoke highly of) and really take it to Munster.

I would rather see Bradly throw down a marker with this game and show the league we mean business.

I'm genuinly quite worried about this game. The last time Munster posted up a team sheet that had me stating "who are these nobodies" smashed us convincingly.

We'll need to be at out best to win this one methinks.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

Don't get me wrong Radge - I'd love to see the team you've picked, that's pretty much our first choice pack apart from Talei, but I'm just thinking in terms of pre-season.

Titterell, Grant and Basilaia have been our only decent players so far and may be a bit harsh to replace them for guys who haven't had a game yet. Especially Grant. They are also battle hardened and ready to take it to Munster whereas the Scotland guys might take a game or two to get up to speed. I reckon they could do that with half an hour off the bench once the starting pack have hopefully given us a lead.

I'd like to see Atiga kept too - he's a physical player and desperately needs game time to get fit. Houston is a decent squad player but I think Atiga has the potential to give us more.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:41 am

Also agree re Munster "unknowns". It never sits well with Scots when we are "favourites" and I know these guys are going to be good players who will want to succeed, and we can't take them lightly at all.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 am

From a Munster point of view I am both excited and worried.

Our first three games are Edinburgh, Treviso and Dragons.

We are playing rubbish. If we can win these games despite playing badly I think we could grow into the season.

If we get caught out in these I think we could have a disaster of a season.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

I reckon Treviso are going to do over a lot of teams this year - especially at home.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:45 am

How close is that to Edinburgh first team?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 am

The one Radge showed? Talei and Basilaia are going to be having a right battle for number 8, Laidlaw at 10, Matt Scott at 12, and that's pretty much the first team.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:47 am

red_stag wrote:How close is that to Edinburgh first team?
Relative to Radge's team, I would say only Talei, Laidlaw and Scott for sure, possible Nel over Cross too

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

Agree with RDW, would prefer to see Ford, Rennie and Denton eased back into action as they'll all play a lot of rugby over the next 12 months and their replacements have been doing well.

Is Atiga fit enough to start against Munster? I know he needs to gain match fitness but surely it's a risk having a player that can't play for 80 minutes.

Still not 100% convinced by our front five but very excited to have De Luca, Visser, Jones and Brown back in the same back-line and fingers crossed Leonard gets a chance to impress.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am

Oh wow really? There looks to have been major changes this season for Edinburgh (are they still the Gunners).

There is a lot of debate about what exactly Munster's strongest team is but I reckon that from the one I posted only 5 of them will be playing Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Take it that was sarcasm Stag?? Laugh

Our first team is pretty much the same, which is the team that got us to the HK quarters. It's our 2nd team that needed drastic action and that's what all these players have been brought in for. WP Nel, Van Der Vesthuasen (Who doesn't arrive til October), Basilaia and Atiga could end up first choice players though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Swap Rees for Blair, Leonard for Laidlaw, Houston for Scott and Basilaia for Talei and that's the team that started the game against Ulster in the HK.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm

red_stag wrote:Oh wow really? There looks to have been major changes this season for Edinburgh (are they still the Gunners).

There is a lot of debate about what exactly Munster's strongest team is but I reckon that from the one I posted only 5 of them will be playing Edinburgh in the Heineken Cup.
Don't think so, that was abandoned a few years back, i think. "... in the Heineken Cup"?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Yea Asbo. Munster got Edinburgh, Saracens and Racing Metro in the pool.

I was wondering how close to 1st team this was because we'll have a fairly new look team by then I reckon.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Gotcha OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Put it this way - chances are fairly high that the team that played in the HK semi last year will play Munster in the HK this year. There may be 1 or 2 differences due to injury or form, but the all important difference is that the bench will be infinitely stronger!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:1 Chunk
2 Titterell Ford
3 Cross
4 Gilchrist
5 Cox
6 Basilaia Denton
7 Grant Rennie
8 McInally Basilaia
9 Rees
10 Leonard
11 Visser
12 Atiga Houston
13 De Luca
14 Jones
15 Brown

Subs - Yapp, Titteral, Nel, Parker, McInally, Grant, Laidlaw, Tonks

Changes I would make to your team RDW. I don't think now is the time to urinate about with the team and hope to catch munster cold with impact from the bench. From the get go I would like to see us grab the game by the throat and to do that it means playing our best players.

We have seen before if you give Munster wriggle room they'll make you pay. A lot of unknowns in the Staggy's Munster team forecast but the backs will give us trouble if they get good ball.

Win the battle up front with our big game players (Ford, Denton, Rennie, Cox, Cross and the new guy Basilaia who you and FES spoke highly of) and really take it to Munster.

I would rather see Bradly throw down a marker with this game and show the league we mean business.

I'm genuinly quite worried about this game. The last time Munster posted up a team sheet that had me stating "who are these nobodies" smashed us convincingly.
Entirely agree, Radge.

I don't care if it's harsh to drop Titterall, Basilaia and McInally - these guys understand that they are not the incumbents for their shirts and they will all probably make the bench anyway.

Let's not p!ss around - if you ever get a chance to beat Munster, you should take it and if that means front-loading the pack with regulars, then so be it.

Radge - the game you are thinking about was last November, when I remember thinking I'd never heard of Barnes, Zebo or O'Dea and all three of the little tykes scored, snapping a three game Edinburgh winning 'streak'.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm just questioning whether the 3 mentioned would make much of a difference, i.e. not match fit 1st choice players over match fit, playing well and battle hardened 2nd choice players.

I suppose I'd take a semi fit Ford of Titterrell and probably Denton over McInally who only played 1 game. Ford is going to have a very long season though, with hopefully the Lions at the end, so could see him not starting.

Grant played really well against the Saints and had the engine to keep going all 80 minutes.

Shame we have to wait until Friday morning to find out - means we've got loads of time to debate over the selection!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm

My team selection principle would be to just pick the best fit available side. I can't speculate on the fitness of the Scotland players who haven't had a pre-season, but the Edinburgh coaches will know. If they are fit they should play. I suspect they won't all be fit enough, and players like Ford and Rennie have hopefully had some feet up time since the last tour, so no issues for me if Titterall and Grant start - both were good against the Saints.

There isn't a cats chance in hell that Atiga will last 80 minutes against Munster. 50 minutes against Northampton and he was a spectator. If he starts, Bradley will have to legislate for taking him off mid through the second half. I'd probably start him though - he's a big tackler and we'll need him to shut down James Downey on the gain line. If Munster watched the Saints game they'll know that running hard through the middle and generating quick ball is enough to beat Edinburgh by 50 points.

My predicted starting XV:

1.Yapp 2.Titterall 3.Nel 4.Gilchrist 5.Cox 6.McInally 7.Grant 8.Basilia 9.Rees 10.Leonard 11.Penn 12.Atiga 13.Tonks 14.Jones 15.Brown

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

My predicted starting XV:

1.Yapp 2.Titterall 3.Nel 4.Gilchrist 5.Cox 6.McInally 7.Grant 8.Basilia 9.Rees 10.Leonard 11.Penn 12.Atiga 13.Tonks 14.Jones 15.Brown

I take it that's not your preferred team! Think we'll be done over if that team starts.

I think the plan should be to introduce the new guys gradually surrounded by mainly first team players. Having 8 new players going into a team straight away will kill us. Unless Bradleys strategy is short term pain vs medium term gain.

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm

No, that's my predicted team, not preferred team.

Clearly I'd rather our best players were fully fit and starting. I'm just not convinced that will be the case.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Anyone want to take a punt on non-capped Edinburgh players who will be capped by the end of the season? Think FES or ASBO said Lee Jones and Tom Brown at the start of last year and struck it lucky, reckon there will be any more this year?

I'd like to think Gilchrist would get capped, but he is now a bit more established that Jones or Brown were at the start of last year so maybe nto so surprising. A slightly more risky choice would be Roddy Grant - but all it would take would be a couple of injuries and he'd be in the Scotland team! He definitely would deserve it for his committment and workrate during games.

Greig Tonks is another contender but he hasn't shown overly much in pre-season yet to make me think he is anything but a solid squad player, early days though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:24 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:My predicted starting XV:

Have you guys seen anything from Penn in pre-season? Totally baffling hire that one Headscratch

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Anyone want to take a punt on non-capped Edinburgh players who will be capped by the end of the season? Think FES or ASBO said Lee Jones and Tom Brown at the start of last year and struck it lucky, reckon there will be any more this year?

I'd like to think Gilchrist would get capped, but he is now a bit more established that Jones or Brown were at the start of last year so maybe nto so surprising. A slightly more risky choice would be Roddy Grant - but all it would take would be a couple of injuries and he'd be in the Scotland team! He definitely would deserve it for his committment and workrate during games.

Greig Tonks is another contender but he hasn't shown overly much in pre-season yet to make me think he is anything but a solid squad player, early days though.
Struck it lucky, struck it lucky?!?! mad furious Don't remember saying that, but I'll defo take the plaudits! Not sure that I see any 'new' caps for this season

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Nothing whatsoever. His Youtube video looked good but to be fair to the guy the Saints game wasn't exactly his kind of game - i.e. we didn't have any ball for him to do anything with! He's got great pace and a step though so if we were on top you can see him being a good finisher, but if he starts against Doug Howlett I may cry.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Gilchrist will surely be involved with Scotland this season but not sure he'll get capped seeing as there's a fair amount of competition (Gray, Hamilton, Kellock, Ryder, McKenzie, Swinson?)

What about McInally or Leonard?

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I see that a lot of the Scotland guys are back for Glasgow - might mean nothing but perhaps shows that there are no orders from on high to keep players out of it this week.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Would be very surprised if McInally gets close - he lacks physicality at Rabbo level never mind international. I think he's just too small to be an international 8.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

The big question for me is will Embra be able to match last season's league form?! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:The big question for me is will Embra be able to match last season's league form?! Wink

Fingers crossed.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Who invited one of the great unwashed onto a civilised Edinburgh topic.... Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Smiley-laughing001

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Everyone check their wallets now!

Sorry had to get some kind of revenge after a comment like that!Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Pot10

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Smiley-laughing013

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Edinburgh V Munster Build up thread Salute10re

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 pm

red_stag wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:The big question for me is will Embra be able to match last season's league form?! Wink

Fingers crossed.
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:My predicted starting XV:

Have you guys seen anything from Penn in pre-season? Totally baffling hire that one Headscratch
He looks like a poor man's Taylor Paris to me. Run

It's a shame that the former US Eagles rugby captain Kevin Swords isn't playing.

If Edinburgh's new signing ever tackled him, then the Penn would have to be said to be mightier than the Swords.

picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Tricky question regarding new caps this season from the Edinburgh squad.

In the pack Gilchrist and Grant are possible, but I wouldn't put money on either. Gilchrist has too much competition (and needs to get nasty), and Grant is realistically 4th choice (and rightly so) behind some great players.

Harry Leonard is a possible in the backs, particularly if Laidlaw gets injured, as he'd be first choice at Edinburgh and arguable should be ahead of whoever is second choice at Glasgow. James King a long shot for a cap at 12 (personally I think he's pretty average) and I suppose should Penn turn out to be as turd as most of us suspect, then Farndale could also be in with a shout.

My prediction - no new caps from the Edinburgh squad this season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 am

Right - score prediction time! Prize for the winner.*

I'm gonna be bold and go for Edinburgh 27 - Munster 17.

I'm hoping we'll get dominance in the pack and our backs will remind themselves where the tryline is having not scored all pre season.

Not massively confident about that though!

*There is no prize

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 pm

That is a bold prediction!

I'll wait until I've seen the teams before making my prediction but if the Edinburgh line-up is as I predict it will be above, I'd expect Munster to win.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Munster Team Named:

01 Wian du Preez
02 Damien Varley
03 BJ Botha
04 Donncha O'Callaghan
05 Billy Holland
06 Paddy Butler
07 Sean Dougall
08 James Coughlan
09 Duncan Williams
10 Ian Keatley
11 Luke O'Dea
12 James Downey
13 Casey Laulala
14 Doug Howlett (capt.)
15 Denis Hurley

16 Mike Sherry
17 Marcus Horan
18 Stephen Archer
19 Dave Foley
20 Barry O'Mahony
21 Peter Stringer
22 Scott Deasy
23 Ivan Dineen

Its a better team than I thought with O'Callaghan started at second row and Mike Sherry on the bench.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next