The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn Rain

4 posters

Go down

Damn Rain Empty Damn Rain

Post by LondonTiger Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:55 am

Has made a mockery of the County Championship this year. Apparently Yorkshire, if today is rained off (looking likely), will have lost almost half of the allocated overs.

Makes the relegation and promotion battles a farce. thank god we will be getting some money from the Champions League.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Damn Rain Empty Re: Damn Rain

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

#shrugs

everyone else has had the same crappy weather, but you have to get on with it...you can only play when you get the chance, and when you get an opportunity you have to make the most of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:34 pm

It really has spoilt the season, although I think that the best teams will go up and down and win the leagues.

Overall its been quite an average cricket season in my view - rain, he who should not be named, more rain, the death of Tom Maynard, losing to South Africa, even more rain, bad scheduling (3 Test series including one during the Olympics...) and now yet more rain...

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

yh but like i said, rain cant be blamed on an average season lol...you cant do anything about the weather and it happens pretty much every year so people tend to just get on with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 30 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

CF wrote:yh but like i said, rain cant be blamed on an average season lol...you cant do anything about the weather and it happens pretty much every year so people tend to just get on with it.

Sadly the amount of play lost means a number of counties have moved closer to bankruptcy. Essex and Kent are especially at risk with gate receipts down significantly.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:47 pm

Even when it wasn't raining in the opening weeks of the season, it was so cold that only the bravest spectators turned up to watch ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:29 pm

bit dramatic to say that its put sides closer to bankruptcy to be honest..

lets be honest, counties dont really get many people if any at 4 day games........and AT ESSEX one day games are the majority of the time sold out

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:00 pm

CF wrote:
........and AT ESSEX one day games are the majority of the time sold out

.... and then Essex make more money by charging people to get out! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

I know nostalgia isn't what it used to be, but even so I am sure weather has been very much more dismal than usual this summer. Certainly didn't help having a large proportion of the season's cc games scheduled for April.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:36 pm

CF wrote:bit dramatic to say that its put sides closer to bankruptcy to be honest..

lets be honest, counties dont really get many people if any at 4 day games........and AT ESSEX one day games are the majority of the time sold out

Essex have to sell out to break even. too many one day games have been called off that they have not had the walk in receipts they wanted.

Oh and pretty much all the counties are just one step ahead of administrators.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I know nostalgia isn't what it used to be, but even so I am sure weather has been very much more dismal than usual this summer. Certainly didn't help having a large proportion of the season's cc games scheduled for April.

Wettest summer in over 100 years according to Met Office. With climate change I guess we should get used to it.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down