The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in.

+28
Notch
Jimpy
XR
Jenifer McLadyboy
lostinwales
offload
Ozzy3213
wam
PenfroPete
nathan
bluestonevedder
Cumbrian
yappysnap
LondonTiger
doctor_grey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
George Carlin
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ChequeredJersey
Rava
prop_lyd
EnglishReign
HERSH
Dim
Thomond
HongKongCherry
Luckless Pedestrian
gregortree
32 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in. - Page 3 Empty Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in.

Post by gregortree Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Gloucester fans need somewhere to chat over a (an imagined) pint Ale of Rucking Mole or Doombar.
Come on in fellas and ladies, take a seat.
Away fans welcome too.
What's happening then at GRFC & Kingsholm ?
Gossip, scuttlebutt, salacious rumour, even rubgy news - share it here.
Lord Leveson has not discovered 606, so you may speak easy here.
Seasonal mince pies cake & cognac Whisky available in nearby Gtown.
Merry Christmas Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in. - Page 3 3513163098 to all our visitors.

Last edited by gregortree on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in. - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in.

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 28 Sep 2012, 4:47 pm

EnglishReign wrote:That's annoying, can see him leaving after this season too.

Hopefully, Mills will by into ND's track record of developing youth. We need a viable alternative to 36.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in. - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingsholm Virtual Inn- come on in.

Post by gregortree Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

Well that was a lesson in how to win a game away the hard way. Welsh gave us a fight & a scare, but we won through in the end. Had to have a pint of Brains black stout in the pub marquée to settle down before the trip home.

Who's up next then ... ? oh yes, that will be Bath, fresh from celebrated victory over ahem... Sale.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:55 am

Hersh, hope you drop in for a chat this week before the big derby on Saturday, bouyed by your victory over Stale.
(This is the nearest thread to the match paddock btw)

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

gregortree wrote:Well that was a lesson in how to win a game away the hard way. Welsh gave us a fight & a scare, but we won through in the end. Had to have a pint of Brains black stout in the pub marquée to settle down before the trip home.

Who's up next then ... ? oh yes, that will be Bath, fresh from celebrated victory over ahem... Sale.
ain

We should have won that more comfortably, but full credit to Welsh who looked dangerous in broken field play and at the breakdown. We really need to work on our defence of mauls, otherwise, teams are just going to shove it up their jumper all game long.

I thought K, Savage and Jim had excellent games again and it really bodes well for this weekend's game. A stat I have never, ever said before Whistle is that we've beaten vomit 9 times out of the last 10 games. I do wonder if this will soon become 10 out of 11...

My usual bet is on with HERSH, so he'll have to be very gracious to Glaws very soon Very Happy
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Bath by 3pts
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:51 am

HERSH wrote:Bath by 3pts

laughing laughing laughing laughing

HERSH you do crack me up at times.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

that is '... lose by' ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

gregortree wrote:that is '... lose by' ?

the full quote before his keyboard played up was:

Bath fail by 3pts to secure a losing bonus point

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:03 pm

Or it could have been a typo?

Bath buy 3pts.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 01 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
gregortree wrote:that is '... lose by' ?

the full quote before his keyboard played up was:

Bath fail by 3pts to secure a losing bonus point

surely the proper quote was...

Bath fail by 3pts to score 3pts in mauling by Gloucester

Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 01 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

An apology from Welsh

http://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/news/7753.php
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:10 am

Ticketing & catering both need to improve if LW / Kassam are serious about being in the AP. I can understand that it is early days, and so maybe organisation is still in development.
But where were all the LW supporters ? It felt like 80% of the crowd were Glaws visitors, and 10% just curious & neutral Oxford locals.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

gregortree wrote:Ticketing & catering both need to improve if LW / Kassam are serious about being in the AP. I can understand that it is early days, and so maybe organisation is still in development.
But where were all the LW supporters ? It felt like 80% of the crowd were Glaws visitors, and 10% just curious & neutral Oxford locals.

When we visited i reckom there were about 10 tigers shirts in the crowd for every LW shirt.

I know that LW are putting on buses to transport fans from ODP, but as their average crowd last season was not much more than 1k they need to grow a new audience. Part of the reason they moved to Oxford i guess.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

How can they survive with a crowd of 1k

They're doomed.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm

At the real world Kingsholm this Saturday:
DoomBar real ale and Krony lager in the 'Holm Inn. Ale and cider for our visitors.

If this gives you an appetite, next door is a fine Chippy & pie shop.
Over the road is a Glos sausage & onions stall. A warning: The wafting aromas from chippy & frying onions will make you hungry. On the corner a Thai luncheon establishment. In the ground more real ale, pies, (burgers, yuk !) and hot chocolate & baileys stall for the chilly ladies. coffee Afternoon at Kingsholm - sheer class catering. Everyone welcome, and it is a sell out.

And on the pitch - the Bath will be unceremoniously flushed down Gloucester's rebuilt drains.

Last edited by gregortree on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:34 pm

No Bath ales then?

Is there a fair trade Deli near by?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

Hersh
What's a deli ? Not sure Glos has one of them. Maybe Bath or Cheltenham.
Anyway, there will be cider though for our Zummerzet guests, and Gloucestershire roast pork & apple as a local delicacy to impress the guests.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 07 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

Great victory for Glaws in the sunshine, pulling back from a 10 pt deficit after a scary start, to reassert a run of dominance over Bath. Brief day of glory at 4th in the Jeff, until LW let us down today, so back to 5th one point behind Sarries.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 07 Oct 2012, 6:19 pm

1 point off 2nd after 6 games is decent, let's be honest. 3 points off top.

Could be valuable points seeing as the next two games are Tigers and Sarries.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 07 Oct 2012, 6:32 pm

ER
yes indeed, these next two will be significant matches.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

Looks like Shedweb has gone the way of the Dodo. It's a real shame, but since the new site has appeared the trolls that have ruined the thisisgloucestershire site have started posting and made it a pretty vitriolic place. I'd seen Bob had written that he was intending to close the site at the end of the season following a particularly vitriolic thread about Sale, but some jokers thought it would be good to post another. Shedweb is now forbidden and I am presuming Bob has called a day on it.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:14 pm

Yes, trolls are a total pain in the rrrsss. Too bad if they has closed down the Shedweb site.
The modding / culture on 606 seem decent enough, so it never degenerates too badly in here.

Who knows, maybe this Inn Ale will pick up a few more customers. Hug
And we have bouncers like Biltong Springbok and Kiwi Kiwi to help keep it all civilised.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

gregortree wrote:Yes, trolls are a total pain in the rrrsss. Too bad if they has closed down the Shedweb site.
The modding / culture on 606 seem decent enough, so it never degenerates too badly in here.

Who knows, maybe this Inn Ale will pick up a few more customers. Hug
And we have bouncers like Biltong Springbok and Kiwi Kiwi to help keep it all civilised.

Aww shucks <blush>

We try.

And no-one's yet agreed to my suggestion of a "Mod's rest day" where we each ban 2 posters for the day so as to get some peace and quiet Wink

Biltong was insisting we let him ban 5 Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:45 pm

Pete, just out of interest and you might not be allowed to answer. But how many naughty posters do you have to deal with daily? Are there a lot usually? Or is it just around 6N's time etc...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:12 pm

yappysnap wrote:Pete, just out of interest and you might not be allowed to answer. But how many naughty posters do you have to deal with daily? Are there a lot usually? Or is it just around 6N's time etc...

It varies seasonally. But there's normally anywhere between 3 and 20 posts reported on rugby each day. And often you "see" things while on the board yourself that no-one reports (yes I do spend too much time on here). The other sections all generate traffic too - as an Admin I step in if there are no section mods on line.

On any given day rugby reports generally resolve down to a spat between 2-4 people, and there's probably 5-10 "usual suspects" who come to our attention regularly, with a few others who have occasional "lapses".

By the way mate, Ozzy is working nights this week, are you around on Wed evening for the podcast if needed (I'm still chasing Victor Obogu as a guest)?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

Kiwi Pete, thank you for your efforts on 606 and at this Inn.
Kingsholm is a peaceful place.... mostly.

From Wiki:
"The 1920–21 season became famous for Gloucester RFC when Fredd Webb skippered the club to 23 matches unbeaten at home at Kingsholm, with only the United Services and Pontypool clubs being able to defeat them at home. Gloucester RFC defeated Newport 12 to 9 in front of 8,000 spectators. The following season was infamous for the number of footballers that were sent from the field by officials, 14 for fighting, seven for arguing, six for language and one for foul play. Leicester actually cancelled their Gloucester RFC fixture because of this"

Sounds a lot worse than 606 in a bad week.
Although GGhost had to be 'sent from the field'.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:05 pm

gregortree wrote:Kiwi Pete, thank you for your efforts on 606 and at this Inn.
Kingsholm is a peaceful place.... mostly.

From Wiki:
"The 1920–21 season became famous for Gloucester RFC when Fredd Webb skippered the club to 23 matches unbeaten at home at Kingsholm, with only the United Services and Pontypool clubs being able to defeat them at home. Gloucester RFC defeated Newport 12 to 9 in front of 8,000 spectators. The following season was infamous for the number of footballers that were sent from the field by officials, 14 for fighting, seven for arguing, six for language and one for foul play. Leicester actually cancelled their Gloucester RFC fixture because of this"

I haven't been to Kingsholm yet - my 1st ever visit to the Gloucester was a couple of weeks back for the England kit launch and I went straight from the railway station out to Drybrook.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

Pete, wow that is deepest Gloucestershire then, real hillbilly country.
Did you get out again ?
I played against Drybrook many moons ago, for my village club.
We managed to get back home over the Severn again afterwards.
Next time I hope you manage to get to see Glaws game.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:45 pm

gregortree wrote:Pete, wow that is deepest Gloucestershire then, real hillbilly country.
Did you get out again ?

What's wrong with the forest?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:10 am

Prop_Lyd
Forest is a beautiful part of the country to get lost in.
But from here south of the Severn it feels like a distant land. thumbsup

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:03 am

It looks like Shedweb has been given a reprieve, still too much vitriol on it for me though
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

I'll let you off the Gregor!! Can't say much myself seeing as I've emigrated to Cardiff!! Wink in the minority of Glos fans down here.

Anyone one here heading to the bordeaux match a week thursday? Finally a game which doesn't conflict with my own rugby matches!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:35 am

Prop
well I'm a Londoner townie originally, but been in the shire now for 26 years. Don't stay that long in Cardiff now will you.
Ben Morgan saw the light and came home. If you bump into Cuthbert in Wales, remind him he is a Glaws lad, and he will be most welcome if he wishes to return to the fold. Smile

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:52 am

Haha I've had 6 years now and settled into captaining my side so think I'm staying, I've also got Welsh blood in be so I'm a rare breed who supports Glos and Wales!! I'll work on Cuthbert if I see him round!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

Hersh avoids this place now.
He can be found in the Sandy Park Inn, Chief down Exeter way.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

vomit
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

Yes, it can feel 'grim' when Glaws win.
Try Alkazeltzer for that upset stomach. Hug

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

Well we're not going to focus on the Amlin then!

Here's the team:
Martyn Thomas; Charlie Sharples, Tim Molenaar, Mike Tindall (capt), Ian Clark; Tim Taylor, Dave Lewis; Yann Thomas, Koree Britton, Shaun Knight; Peter Buxton, Will James; Matt Cox, Andy Hazell, Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements:

Tommaso d'Apice, Nick Wood, Dario Chistolini, Elliott Stooke, Gareth Evans, Jimmy Cowan, Henry Trinder, Billy Twelvetrees

But, I'm actually very happy with that side. Our priority this season has to be qualifying for the HC. There are a number of players who deserve a chance to start particularly Thomas and Molenaar. I'm a little surprised Murphy isn't starting, so maybe he's got a slight knock? I'm delighted to see Stooke on the bench. He's looked very good in the A games this season and he is definitely going to be on for the future. Likewise, it's good news that Sharples is fit again. So all in all, I'm happy with this. Added to that MdM may well not treat this competition very highly, so despite our team we could well get the win here.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

With the struggles Mont de Marsan are having they will pick a second string I guess - should still be a comfortable win for Glaws (hopefully)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:28 pm

Should be hell of an impact from that bench!! C'mon Glaws!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:40 pm

Looks like it is on SkySports so we plan to watch it in a rugby pub in Stroud area.
KO is 7.30 UK time I think ?

11/10/12 20:30 Mont de Marsan v Gloucester Rugby Eurosport France/Sky Sports

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 10 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

I'm somehow going to have to ignore the score until Friday evening as I can't watch it until then.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Wed 10 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

Very young front row from Gloucester, this will be a very good test for them. I'm looking forward to seeing how Elliott Stooke gets on, awesome name and massive for a 18/19 year old if I remember correctly.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 10 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Very young front row from Gloucester, this will be a very good test for them. I'm looking forward to seeing how Elliott Stooke gets on, awesome name and massive for a 18/19 year old if I remember correctly.

He is enormous!! He's definitely our hope for the future. He has the height to be a proper lineout technician, but also the bulk to be an enforcer.

I must admit I also feel it won't be long until Knight is the starting TH. I had great hopes for Harden, but feel he has failed to push on recently. He is a good club TH, but I'm not convinced he'll be anymore than that. Knight seems to have the edge on him in terms of technique, but only time will tell.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 10 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

I can see Hersh's article now "Did Gloucester try to throw the game on Thursday??" Wink

Interesting Glos team, could be a potential banana skin for you boys as the French teams are always very competetive at home and Eng clubs have a bit of a history of slipping up against the weaker teams.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 10 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:Very young front row from Gloucester, this will be a very good test for them. I'm looking forward to seeing how Elliott Stooke gets on, awesome name and massive for a 18/19 year old if I remember correctly.

He is enormous!! He's definitely our hope for the future. He has the height to be a proper lineout technician, but also the bulk to be an enforcer.

I must admit I also feel it won't be long until Knight is the starting TH. I had great hopes for Harden, but feel he has failed to push on recently. He is a good club TH, but I'm not convinced he'll be anymore than that. Knight seems to have the edge on him in terms of technique, but only time will tell.

Jaysus, he's a lump eh? He's in a great position to learn from Big Jim. One of the best enforcers in game at the moment, and someone to teach him the darkest arts of enforcer play!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

Just found out that: due to buying Bordeaux tickets I've got 3 free tickets to the utd game on Monday!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:36 pm

Gloucester are making far too many mistakes. With the amount of territory and chances they have had, they should a further 10-15 points up.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:54 pm

Unable to watch. From Glaws Twitter feed sounds like it got nasty - Hazel RC, Cox YC?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:55 pm

yeah although the punches didn't really connect although the knee did.

French bloke took him out off the ball and threw a cheeky little punch into his head.

Getting fed up of the French whining

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next