The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley

+9
manos de piedra
oxring
OasisBFC
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
azania
joeyjojo618
J.Benson II
coxy0001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley - Page 2 Empty Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just watched the Khan v McCloskey fight. I've been fairly adament that Khan doesnt have what it takes to beat Bradley because he has clumsy footwork offensively and does not cope well with effective pressure. After tonights fight I'm even more convinced Khan cannot beat Bradley. To me Khan lacks real power in his punches and will not have the pop to hurt Bradley. Also he is far too easy to hit - his guard is high but easy to penetrate and he forgets it all together when pressured. Finally, he lacks a boxing brain - not only does he fight fire with fire when he should cover up, but he seems unable to work his oppponents out. Ive only ever seen khan look good against technical opponents that stand off him and try to box. He uses his range and jab to out point them, but tonight he couldnt work out McCloskey. PM came in with his head low, was awkward and obviously also a southpaw. Khan seemed to have no tactics and looked pretty poor it has to be said.

Here are the reasons I believe Bradley beats Khan:

1. The biggets one - he cant handle pressure. Look how he struggled with maidana, he doesnt know how to tie opponents up or turn them and move out of range. Instead he hangs onto one arm allowing himself to be punched inside, particularly with uppercuts, and he fights fire with fire as he doesnt know what else to do and panics. Bradley is a much better inside fighter than Khan and maidana. He's quicker and more accurate up close than maidana and khan wont be able to handle him inside.

2. Poor footwork - Khan gets wild when attacking his opponents, his offensive footwork becomes clumsy and leaves him open to counters as he moves forward. Paulie and maidana were able to exploit this. When khan tries to back off his opponents he does so in straight lines which leaves him open to wide, looping shots - see the way he was nearly knocked out by maidana in the 10th. Bradley throws a lot of these kind of shots and khan will be in great danger of getting tagged as he tries to back off from the pressurising style of bradley.

3. Power - lack of. Khan is NOT a big puncher, he's fast but always wins via TKO due to accumilative speedy flurries. Bradley has been down before but not because he has a bad chin but because he sometimes leaves himself vulnerable when throwing wide shots. Khan wont be able to get bradley to respect his power which means he wont be able to keep him off him for 12 rounds. This is particularly pertinent as bradley is an excellent 12 round fighter who comes on strong in the championship rounds. Khan look knackered in the last 3 rounds against maidana, has sacked ariza and was rumoured to have struggled to make weight for McCloskey yesterday.

4. Boxing brain - as I said above khan doesnt seem able to work out opponents who dont just stand off him and try to fight a technical fight. Maidana was a crude stalker but khan seemed unable to utilise his own speed or jab or deal with maidanas pressure, McCloskey was awkward and khan ended up looking less than stellar.

5. Other key factors such as Bradley being physically stronger and more imposing than anyone khans faced as well as being a more than competent technical boxer himself all add to make me think than Khan will have a seriously hard time a) figuring out bradley, b) hurting him, c) outlasting him and d) coping with his effective pressure and strength.

All things point to a late Bradley win IMO.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
azania wrote:Morales was and still is a better inside fighter than Khan will ever be. Khan is far more comfortable fighting at range. Khan is not a good counter puncher also due to his style as he is always on his toes.

It is also highly likely that Maidana underestimated how much left Morales had in his tank. He came in there expecting a blow out. Credit to him for coming on strong in the last 3 rounds.

I agree he underestimated Morales so did everyone. He did come on strong but not sure how much that had to do with Morales being knackered.

Hold on. Earlier you blamed Maidana for gassing against Khan as opposed to Khan making him gass due to work-rate. Now you blame Morales for gassing without giving Maidana the credit for not gasing and coming on strong to win. Hmmmm.

Maidana was gassed against but I never said why. I gave Khan credit he took what Maidana could hit him with and beat him. He never gassed against Morales because he never had to get up off the floor or take the hurtful shots Khan hit him with.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Amir Khan WONT Beat Tim Bradley

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Just watched the Khan v McCloskey fight. I've been fairly adament that Khan doesnt have what it takes to beat Bradley because he has clumsy footwork offensively and does not cope well with effective pressure. After tonights fight I'm even more convinced Khan cannot beat Bradley. To me Khan lacks real power in his punches and will not have the pop to hurt Bradley. Also he is far too easy to hit - his guard is high but easy to penetrate and he forgets it all together when pressured. Finally, he lacks a boxing brain - not only does he fight fire with fire when he should cover up, but he seems unable to work his oppponents out. Ive only ever seen khan look good against technical opponents that stand off him and try to box. He uses his range and jab to out point them, but tonight he couldnt work out McCloskey. PM came in with his head low, was awkward and obviously also a southpaw. Khan seemed to have no tactics and looked pretty poor it has to be said.

1. The biggets one - he cant handle pressure. Look how he struggled with maidana, he doesnt know how to tie opponents up or turn them and move out of range. Instead he hangs onto one arm allowing himself to be punched inside, particularly with uppercuts, and he fights fire with fire as he doesnt know what else to do and panics. Bradley is a much better inside fighter than Khan and maidana. He's quicker and more accurate up close than maidana and khan wont be able to handle him inside.

2. Poor footwork - Khan gets wild when attacking his opponents, his offensive footwork becomes clumsy and leaves him open to counters as he moves forward. Paulie and maidana were able to exploit this. When khan tries to back off his opponents he does so in straight lines which leaves him open to wide, looping shots - see the way he was nearly knocked out by maidana in the 10th. Bradley throws a lot of these kind of shots and khan will be in great danger of getting tagged as he tries to back off from the pressurising style of bradley.

3. Power - lack of. Khan is NOT a big puncher, he's fast but always wins via TKO due to accumilative speedy flurries. Bradley has been down before but not because he has a bad chin but because he sometimes leaves himself vulnerable when throwing wide shots. Khan wont be able to get bradley to respect his power which means he wont be able to keep him off him for 12 rounds. This is particularly pertinent as bradley is an excellent 12 round fighter who comes on strong in the championship rounds. Khan look knackered in the last 3 rounds against maidana, has sacked ariza and was rumoured to have struggled to make weight for McCloskey yesterday.

4. Boxing brain - as I said above khan doesnt seem able to work out opponents who dont just stand off him and try to fight a technical fight. Maidana was a crude stalker but khan seemed unable to utilise his own speed or jab or deal with maidanas pressure, McCloskey was awkward and khan ended up looking less than stellar.

5. Other key factors such as Bradley being physically stronger and more imposing than anyone khans faced as well as being a more than competent technical boxer himself all add to make me think than Khan will have a seriously hard time a) figuring out bradley, b) hurting him, c) outlasting him and d) coping with his effective pressure and strength.

Opinion not fact.

And Khan will beat Bradley.

Opinion not fact
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:39 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Just watched the Khan v McCloskey fight. I've been fairly adament that Khan doesnt have what it takes to beat Bradley because he has clumsy footwork offensively and does not cope well with effective pressure. After tonights fight I'm even more convinced Khan cannot beat Bradley. To me Khan lacks real power in his punches and will not have the pop to hurt Bradley. Also he is far too easy to hit - his guard is high but easy to penetrate and he forgets it all together when pressured. Finally, he lacks a boxing brain - not only does he fight fire with fire when he should cover up, but he seems unable to work his oppponents out. Ive only ever seen khan look good against technical opponents that stand off him and try to box. He uses his range and jab to out point them, but tonight he couldnt work out McCloskey. PM came in with his head low, was awkward and obviously also a southpaw. Khan seemed to have no tactics and looked pretty poor it has to be said.

Opinion not fact.

Opinion not fact

NO FACT, just wait and see. Amir has a harder head

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:40 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Opinion not fact.

That is unbelievably arrogant.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:41 pm

It's not actually a fact until after they have fought and Khan has won, if that's what happens.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:49 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:It's not actually a fact until after they have fought and Khan has won, if that's what happens.

Lets wait and see then, but from what I have seen I would say Khan beats Bradley. People can have opinions either way but changing based on the performance against McCloskey, please. McCloskey is a southpaw awkward fighter and Khan had to make some adjustments, but he still won every round.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:52 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:It's not actually a fact until after they have fought and Khan has won, if that's what happens.

Lets wait and see then, but from what I have seen I would say Khan beats Bradley. People can have opinions either way but changing based on the performance against McCloskey, please. McCloskey is a southpaw awkward fighter and Khan had to make some adjustments, but he still won every round.

I think Bradley beats Khan but only if Khan gets drawn into a scrap the same way he did against Maidana because Bradley is better than Maidana and won't let Khan away with it. If Khan boxes him at range and uses his jab and speed he wins by wide UD but I don't think he has the discipline to do that. My opinion has never changed and has nothing to do with last night.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

I think Bradley beats Khan but only if Khan gets drawn into a scrap the same way he did against Maidana because Bradley is better than Maidana and won't let Khan away with it. If Khan boxes him at range and uses his jab and speed he wins by wide UD but I don't think he has the discipline to do that. My opinion has never changed and has nothing to do with last night.

If Khan can take Maidana's best, then he can take Bradleys also. Tim has a relatively poor KO record suggesting he does not hit very hard. I doubt his finishing ability also. He had whitter on ice and let him off. Maybe that was lack of experience though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:55 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

The smart money is on that the fight gets stopped on cuts from a "accidental headbutt, No contest might be a good bet.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:57 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

The smart money is on that the fight gets stopped on cuts from a "accidental headbutt, No contest might be a good bet.

Maybe worth a couple of quid with both being guilty of leaning in.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2