The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will step up into Edge's place?

+4
Jammy31
Bull
BigPhil
talkingpoint
8 posters

Go down

Who will step up into Edge's place? Empty Who will step up into Edge's place?

Post by talkingpoint Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:32 am

So with Edge sadly being forced to retire for the sake of his health, which current WWE mid carder do you think will break through that glass ceiling (as Edge did all those years ago) to take his place? Will it be McIntyre? Rhodes? Ziggler? Swagger again? Will it be R-Truth?(!)

McIntyre and Rhodes haven't really been given a shot at main eventing yet, however I really thought Ziggler was getting there on SD before they 'fired' him; he now seems to have been knocked back down the pecking order Sad ; as for Swagger his push was well and truly buried and now he's a sideshow in a novelty act between Lawler and Cole ( 🤦 ) And well does anyone see anything coming from this R-Truth push at Extreme Rules?

Regarding the R-Truth push I thought it was really odd the way his gauntlet match ended with Cena: fair enough give him a push and see what happens but if so at least make him look strong rather than have Miz interrupt (with even worse fake punches than Orton might I add! Erm ) They could have wrestled up to the time limit and then the GM announce the triple threat match...

Anyway back to the topic I want to see Ziggler reinstated as main event title contender and I see he was wearing a new T-shirt which is encouraging. For me, a part from maybe working on his mic skills Ziggler has all the other tools to be a credible world champ. I'd also like to see Swagger regain some dignity!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Who will step up into Edge's place? Empty Re: Who will step up into Edge's place?

Post by BigPhil Sun 17 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

I think it should be Zigglers time, in my eyes he already plays an edge 'lite' role as it is. It's all about whether he can up his game to Edge's level.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Who will step up into Edge's place? Empty Re: Who will step up into Edge's place?

Post by Bull Sun 17 Apr 2011, 3:20 pm

Y2J i think will gets edges spot after he returns for DWTS

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 17 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

but Jericho is already an established main eventer; even if he does step into Edge's place I think his retirement will really put the onus on one of the mid carders to really break through the glass ceiling!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:50 am

I think that R-Truth's Heel Turn (If that's what it was) was just plain stupid. And as for JoMo...How pointless. I dont think those two can replace Edge in my opinion
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm

Y2J <3.

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:20 pm

You've got Sheamus, Barrett, JoMo, Ziggler, Rhodes and Brodus Clay, I think two or three of them if booked properly could do very well, none of them are Edge like but you could have Christian and Jericho for that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:27 pm

I think McIntyre has come through his jobbing period and could be a contender again soon enough, that match with Rey last week was one of the best SD have had in a long long time.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

Think Sheamus deserves a reign on the main event. He could become a Babyface. Also like the post above McIntyre has done well jobbing and I think he is a good heel and can go far given the right programme. I am still annoyed with how they ruined a main eventer in MVP.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:54 am

I've said Sheamus could be a top babyface of the company in a Goldbergesque push after being offf TV for a couple of months

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down