The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Khan a cheat?

+12
eddyfightfan
Billy Shears
Joshsmith
HumanWindmill
joeyjojo618
manos de piedra
Liam_Main
azania
AlexHuckerby
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Lumbering_Jack
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Khan a cheat? - Page 2 Empty Is Khan a cheat?

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets be honest, last nights decision was a disgrace. Khan was gifted the victory from a cut that should have never stopped the fight. He also looked awful in the process and I actaully fancied PM to give him some troubles in the later rounds.

Compare this cut to the one Barrera suffered and it really does leave a bitter taste. Barrera suffered a bad cut and the fight was disgracefully allowed to carry on until the 5 so Khan could get the vicotry. The BBBC should hang their heads in shame.

This type of corrupt officiating only turns people against Khan.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Is Khan a cheat? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Khan a cheat?

Post by Mort Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:50 pm

HumanWindmill

I know what you mean and I like the analogy you used. He will get the rub of the green at home but won't receive the same benefits in America.

I would however like to hear Khan's team response if a similar situation happened against Bradley and he was losing at the time.

Mort

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

Mort wrote:HumanWindmill

I know what you mean and I like the analogy you used. He will get the rub of the green at home but won't receive the same benefits in America.

I would however like to hear Khan's team response if a similar situation happened against Bradley and he was losing at the time.

Mort

So would I, Mort.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

It was a poor stoppage, made by the doctor - not khan or the ref. To call khan cheat is hysterical, uninformed, sensationalist claptrap. All fighters get the rub of the green during their career, this article is a joke.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:59 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:It was a poor stoppage, made by the doctor - not khan or the ref. To call khan cheat is hysterical, uninformed, sensationalist claptrap. All fighters get the rub of the green during their career, this article is a joke.

No, it was made by the referee. It was the referee's decision, he is the only one that can call the fight off. He listened to the doctor's advice but he didn't have to take it? And why bring the doctor in anyway.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:And why bring the doctor in anyway.

If only somebody had had an apple in the ring.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:07 pm

If the doctor says to stop the fight then thats basically it. Hes there to give an expert opinion and the ref is entitled to, if not obliged to follow it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:10 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:It was a poor stoppage, made by the doctor - not khan or the ref. To call khan cheat is hysterical, uninformed, sensationalist claptrap. All fighters get the rub of the green during their career, this article is a joke.

No, it was made by the referee. It was the referee's decision, he is the only one that can call the fight off. He listened to the doctor's advice but he didn't have to take it? And why bring the doctor in anyway.

The doctor was brought in to inspect the eye he's a medical professional the ref isn't. The ref makes his decision based on the info he gets from the doctor.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:35 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

The ref is the only one that can stop the fight yes, but he did so under the advice/instruction of the doctor who inspected McCloskeys eye. If a doctor tells a ref to pull a fighter out the ref will never over-ride that advice.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:51 pm

No. Next.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:55 pm

However, where's the consistency?

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52206000/jpg/_52206929_cut_464.jpg

http://suljosblog.com/peperodriguez/files/2011/04/Morales_Maidana_Boxing.97a96b2b371d45728eb7bc7af4b20e6a-720x1024.jpg

One made it through the vast majority of the fight, the other didn't get until the end of the round.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:However, where's the consistency?

http://suljosblog.com/peperodriguez/files/2011/04/Morales_Maidana_Boxing.97a96b2b371d45728eb7bc7af4b20e6a-720x1024.jpg

One made it through the vast majority of the fight, the other didn't get until the end of the round.

Not Khan's fault.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:01 pm

Boxing, like a lot of sports, is a corrupt sport. Khan has been gifted decisions in his career due to the corruption.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:02 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:However, where's the consistency?

Not Khan's fault.
I know, that's why my answer was no.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:05 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Boxing, like a lot of sports, is a corrupt sport. Khan has been gifted decisions in his career due to the corruption.

Corruption is a strong word maybe poor judges or refs but corruption is a ridiculous word to use when you have no proof.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:08 pm

I'm not saying I have any proof, but something doesn't sit right with me.

Khan fight MB and he suffers an awful cut yet the fight is allowed to continue yet this one is stopped for very little.

Are people saying it is beyond question that some corrupt officials are not involved in this.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:10 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'm not saying I have any proof, but something doesn't sit right with me.

Khan fight MB and he suffers an awful cut yet the fight is allowed to continue yet this one is stopped for very little.

Are people saying it is beyond question that some corrupt officials are not involved in this.

That was a hometown gift. Doesn;t equate to khan cheating.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'm not saying I have any proof, but something doesn't sit right with me.

Don't see corrupt officials the upcoming star or champion can get a lot of dodgy decisions hapens a lot all over the world.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm

Come on, at best its a ref protecting a fighter from further injury & at worst a poor decision by the ref. Khan was ahead in the fight & in my opinion didn't look like he was gonna lose anytime soon. Yes I agree throughout sport there is some corruption & there is some favoritism but I dont believe there was in this case. I think the ref should have let it go to the end of the round & see what the corner could do, if it worsens stop it, if not let it continue. Do you really think the ref had been told if Mccloskey gets cut to stop it or that some betting syndicate had nobbled the ref for a 6th round stoppage? Some refs are criticised for letting fights go on to long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2